Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,450 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal (9228 Views)

Mesut Ozil Officially Signs For Arsenal / Santi Cazorla Signs For Arsenal / Didier Drogba Signs For Shanghai Shenhua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by awesomet1(m): 6:19pm On Jun 26, 2012
jmaine: What Jersey Number is he wearing ? smiley . . . .
Not sure he has been assigned one yet.
Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by dont8(m): 6:23pm On Jun 26, 2012
Welcome to Emirate, wish you best of luck.
Up Gunners!
Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by HNIC(m): 6:24pm On Jun 26, 2012
BizBooks:

I agree, Emmanuel Eboue and Kolo Toure should be mentioned. But Wiltord, Pires and Anelka
are from so long ago that they are now ancient history. In fact Anelka is more remembered
as a Chelsea rather than Arsenal player. But still it doesn't matter since you will be
playing in the Europa League next year. You will have the pleasure of playing an Europa game
on Thursday and the EPL on Saturday. How about that grin grin grin.
Hahahahaha
Vieira signed for Arsenal long before Wiltord, Pires and Anelka, so i don't understand you saying 'they are from so long ago, that they are now ancient history'.
And only newbies who just started following the EPL remember anelka more at chelsea than arsenal.
That europa thing no dey tire you guys?
You have been singing europa since 2007, even last season when we started the season like a snail, we still qualified for CL
Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by BizBooks(m): 7:08pm On Jun 26, 2012
HNIC:
Hahahahaha
Vieira signed for Arsenal long before Wiltord, Pires and Anelka, so i don't understand you saying 'they are from so long ago, that they are now ancient history'.
And only newbies who just started following the EPL remember anelka more at chelsea than arsenal.
That europa thing no dey tire you guys?
You have been singing europa since 2007, even last season when we started the season like a snail, we still qualified for CL

All of them are ancient history considering that they played for Arsenal a long time ago.
Do you remember Ashley Cole, William Gallas or Mathieu Flamini as Arsenal players? They
are mostly remembered for the teams they played for after leaving Arsenal which in all
cases are bigger or similar to Arsenal.

Yes, you escaped Europa League this year. But you will not be that lucky the next time.
Arsenal is perfectly suited for that league. grin grin grin.
Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by Brezzybone(m): 7:14pm On Jun 26, 2012
1025:

@Bizbooks,
who are the quality players? apart from arsenal's understanding and rating, can you name any other quality player that costs 10 or 13 million pounds at the moment?

@realsammie,
arsenal season to win a trophy, trophies or go relegation. which one of the above? why are u arsenal fan hate telling urselves the truth? clubs are busy buying classy and expensive players and u just spent 26 million and u have started celebrating the season.
please do not forget, arsenal is releasing up to 7 players this season and these two messi u just bought are good replacements abi?
guy why u dey worri? You need to update urself o u are far behind bro.
Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by Brezzybone(m): 7:27pm On Jun 26, 2012
BizBooks:

My list above has 13 players from France or French speaking countries. 11 of them are
actually French nationals meaning that France is their country. Some of them like Sagna,
Clichy, Nasir, Henry, Viera even play or played for the French national team. While it is
true that many of them were born in French speaking African countries, they now have French
citizenship.

all this ur arguement sef wot will it change, every coach buy where ever they lyk, benitez came and was buying frm spain, king kenny came and insisted on english players etc wot is important is wot they win as a team. Luk at barc under pep, luk at bayern its depends on the coach and wenger is no exception if u wan continue dey argue then no problem take the glory.
Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by kennethromanus: 7:28pm On Jun 26, 2012
i thnk datz a gud signin...bt hw am i sure dat van persie is gonna b an arsenal player nxt sesson?cos d conbination of podolski,v persie n giroud up frnt wll b disastrous...Wish dem luck,..arsenal tll i die.
Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by BizBooks(m): 7:39pm On Jun 26, 2012
Brezzybone: all this ur arguement sef wot will it change, every coach buy where ever they lyk, benitez came and was buying frm spain, king kenny came and insisted on english players etc wot is important is wot they win as a team. Luk at barc under pep, luk at bayern its depends on the coach and wenger is no exception if u wan continue dey argue then no problem take the glory.

What can I say. You ended up agreeing with me. Yes, all coaches buy players wherever they
wish. Wenger happens to buy most of his players from France. That is the crux of this
argument. We wouldn't have come this far if others had acknowledged that simple fact.
Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by Brezzybone(m): 7:53pm On Jun 26, 2012
BizBooks:

What can I say. You ended up agreeing with me. Yes, all coaches buy players wherever they
wish. Wenger happens to buy most of his players from France. That is the crux of this
argument. We wouldn't have come this far if others had acknowledged that simple fact.
great i get u nw
Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by maybel(m): 8:14pm On Jun 26, 2012
tobechi74: Welcome Giroud..i tink arsenal has got a long term replacement for henry. I think he shud be able to combine wel wit vanpersie if wenga plays 4-4-2.

I believe he wunt b a flop like chamak and park chu young. Kudos 2 arsenal
Park Chu Young has not been given enough chance to prove himself anyway. I have a feeling he could be better than Chamak.
Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by mart2k(m): 8:54pm On Jun 26, 2012
Jaywon242: @chelsea,so because he's not a chelsea player,u called him a flop.How can d highest goal scorer in d french league be a flop.Drogba was also d highest goal scorer for d french league b4 he came to chelsea. Sm1 like you could also ve called koscielny a flop when arsenal bought him. And moreover, there are only 3 french players in arsenal(koscielny,diaby,sagna).Try to always be objective and sensible in ur analysis.
secondde
Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by mart2k(m): 9:01pm On Jun 26, 2012
BizBooks:

All of them are ancient history considering that they played for Arsenal a long time ago.
Do you remember Ashley Cole, William Gallas or Mathieu Flamini as Arsenal players? They
are mostly remembered for the teams they played for after leaving Arsenal which in all
cases are bigger or similar to Arsenal.

Yes, you escaped Europa League this year. But you will not be that lucky the next time.
Arsenal is perfectly suited for that league. grin grin grin.
na boko haram go bomb u.shege
Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by Kingmanny88(m): 9:18pm On Jun 26, 2012
mukina2:
he is Patrick Vieira

Christian Viera is Italian and he never played for arsenal
It actually was Christian Vieri, an Italian player who represented Inter Milan, and also played for Italy at Euro 2000.
Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by 1025: 10:00pm On Jun 26, 2012
g
uy why u dey worri? You need to update urself o u are far behind bro.
@brezzybone,
na me be guy abi? in a public forum like this one where we don't know each other, the best and most welcome approach here is to call anyone by his id name. it is a very wrong thing to call your father's mate guy. pls if u can correct that, it will help your PR and protect your family name.
Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by Sholexyz(m): 10:01pm On Jun 26, 2012
@jawone242,
those u rate as the best, what do they have to show for that? the best players are those ones who get medals at the end of the day. if u watch olympics, the best gets the medal so others will tell u that they tried.
pls in whatsoever u do,do not compare van persie and torres.
chelsea as a team has spent a lot in the chase of ucl and that goal torres scored against barca is like putting a nail to a coffin. end of the road for barca was the name of that goal which ensured that chelsea progressed to the finals where they picked the cup of their dream. what is 0 million to olowo chelsea?
I can't blive u jst said dat wat do they ve 2 show 4 it sturrage n lukaku has a ucl medal does dat mean they r beta dan rvp n co n d best chelsea player dis season which is mata(ucl medal) hasn't kick a ball 4 spain @ d euro n a certain cesc fab do start n ur so call torres sit on d bench. It all abt quality dude.
Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by Nimakor: 10:08pm On Jun 26, 2012
ebgbest: coz player fro france are cheap
yea! Like Hazard.hehehehehe.cheap my foot.
Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by 1025: 10:33pm On Jun 26, 2012
I can't blive u jst said dat wat do they ve 2 show 4 it sturrage n lukaku has a ucl medal does dat mean they r beta dan rvp n co n d best chelsea player dis season which is mata(ucl medal) hasn't kick a ball 4 spain @ d euro n a certain cesc fab do start n ur so call torres sit on d bench. It all abt quality dude.

@sholexyz,
been in the squad is the first step and mind you a different coach can make these other players sit on the bench. holland is out of the competition now and from ur analysis, they have quality only for those without quality to win the trophy abi. in the field of play, the ultimate target is to put the ball inside the net and other things will follow. at the end of every tournament, there is always a trophy and trophy is for champions. whatsoever you did that deny you the trophy at the end of the tournament was not done well.
if you know the number of ppl in spain from whom juan and torres were selected from, you will thank God for them. when you hear ppl say kanu is the most decorated nigerian player, do u think they are talking about women make ups like lip stick and foundations and powder? no, they are talking about medal. most nigerians are saying mikel is not good yet, he earns better money and is gathering a lot of medals why those that u term good earn less money and have no medals for their goodness. if i may ask you, WHAT IS THE JOY OF A SOLDIER WITHOUT RANK?
Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by IlCapitano(m): 11:01pm On Jun 26, 2012
Oliver Giroud ko Oliver Twist ni. Pls sparkle a little and join ur broda from ligue 1 'Oliver' Chamakh on the bench of oblivion. Welcome to the realm of fruitless football. Thank your stars that you've got a title already. RVP has nothing in his kitty.
Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by Sholexyz(m): 11:39pm On Jun 26, 2012
1025:

@sholexyz,
been in the squad is the first step and mind you a different coach can make these other players sit on the bench. holland is out of the competition now and from ur analysis, they have quality only for those without quality to win the trophy abi. in the field of play, the ultimate target is to put the ball inside the net and other things will follow. at the end of every tournament, there is always a trophy and trophy is for champions. whatsoever you did that deny you the trophy at the end of the tournament was not done well.
if you know the number of ppl in spain from whom juan and torres were selected from, you will thank God for them. when you hear ppl say kanu is the most decorated nigerian player, do u think they are talking about women make ups like lip stick and foundations and powder? no, they are talking about medal. most nigerians are saying mikel is not good yet, he earns better money and is gathering a lot of medals why those that u term good earn less money and have no medals for their goodness. if i may ask you, WHAT IS THE JOY OF A SOLDIER WITHOUT RANK?
Dude evry club has it protocol of payin wages nt evry club can afford payin high wages.example bayern has a bigger wage bill dan dortmund sametin wit qpr n swansea. As 4 kanu he worked 4 it nt jst winning medal bt playin gud futball scorin 1daful goals e.g arsenal v chelsea.lol. U can tell because mikel won ucl means he is beta dan a.song n cesc fab who ve nt win d ucl,cos if it were 2 b medal adebayor wud'nt ve won african best cos then m.abutrika won d nations cup wit egypt n also won caf champions league wit al-ahly. If it were 2 b medal definately keita(barca) is beta dan drogba cos has won more laurels. D list is endless.

1 Like

Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by Nobody: 5:27am On Jun 27, 2012
Zeddicus:
HOMO ALERT!!!

rotflmfao
Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by wyvilleinc: 7:20am On Jun 27, 2012
[quote author=mukina2]
he is Patrick Vieira

Christian Viera is Italian and he never played for arsenal
Christian Vieri not Viera
Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by BB013(m): 7:54am On Jun 27, 2012
Good signing by Wenger, now looking forward to m'villa and possibly martinz
Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by 1025: 11:46am On Jun 27, 2012
Dude evry club has it protocol of payin wages nt evry club can afford payin high wages.example bayern has a bigger wage bill dan dortmund sametin wit qpr n swansea. As 4 kanu he worked 4 it nt jst winning medal bt playin gud futball scorin 1daful goals e.g arsenal v chelsea.lol. U can tell because mikel won ucl means he is beta dan a.song n cesc fab who ve nt win d ucl,cos if it were 2 b medal adebayor wud'nt ve won african best cos then m.abutrika won d nations cup wit egypt n also won caf champions league wit al-ahly. If it were 2 b medal definately keita(barca) is beta dan drogba cos has won more laurels. D list is endless.

@sholexyz,
can u imagine? u are here again to compare mikel with song? funny enough, only nigerians value song because camerounians beat him up last 3 weeks for his useless style that made them loose to libya.
when u want to judge a DM (mikel and song) u don't judge them by their secondary assignments which is goals and attacks rather they are judged by their primary assignments which is breaking down attacks and shielding the back 4 in other words, how many goals they conceed not how many goals they scored. song/arsenal man u - 8-2. milan-arsenal? you want to compare the man u resisted the almighty barca and buyern? an active machine in the historical chelsea ucl. abegi, if song is what nigerians think, clubs for don dey make moves because the academy(arsenal) is ever ready to cash in. is the keita u mentioned or comparing with drogba playing in similar position? if yes, then he is better but if no, go get other ppl for the purpose.
are u telling that two players in the same league and same position for their various clubs one has 7 medals and the other has none. one is earning higher wages while the other is taking home pea nuts. uncle, please what makes a player good and better? who will be talking about kanu till now if he has nothing to show for his carrier? fabregas knew he was at the wrong place and could have left like two seasons before wenger accepted. do u think chelsea is not seeing song or do u think chelsea cannot afford him?
Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by harryobas: 4:00pm On Jun 29, 2012
1025:

@sholexyz,
can u imagine? u are here again to compare mikel with song? funny enough, only nigerians value song because camerounians beat him up last 3 weeks for his useless style that made them loose to libya.
when u want to judge a DM (mikel and song) u don't judge them by their secondary assignments which is goals and attacks rather they are judged by their primary assignments which is breaking down attacks and shielding the back 4 in other words, how many goals they conceed not how many goals they scored. song/arsenal man u - 8-2. milan-arsenal? you want to compare the man u resisted the almighty barca and buyern? an active machine in the historical chelsea ucl. abegi, if song is what nigerians think, clubs for don dey make moves because the academy(arsenal) is ever ready to cash in. is the keita u mentioned or comparing with drogba playing in similar position? if yes, then he is better but if no, go get other ppl for the purpose.
are u telling that two players in the same league and same position for their various clubs one has 7 medals and the other has none. one is earning higher wages while the other is taking home pea nuts. uncle, please what makes a player good and better? who will be talking about kanu till now if he has nothing to show for his carrier? fabregas knew he was at the wrong place and could have left like two seasons before wenger accepted. do u think chelsea is not seeing song or do u think chelsea cannot afford him?

You are talking absolute rubbish.
Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by 1025: 10:20am On Jun 30, 2012
You are talking absolute rubbish.

@harryobas,
from what u wrote above, u lack what to say again. so thank u for reading my rubbish.
Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by harryobas: 3:47am On Jul 24, 2012
1025:

@harryobas,
from what u wrote above, u lack what to say again. so thank u for reading my rubbish.

Abeg piece off with your rubbish beer palour analysis.
Re: Olivier Giroud Signs For Arsenal by 1025: 3:25pm On Jul 24, 2012
harryobas:

Abeg piece off with your rubbish beer palour analysis.

i am not annoyed with u because i know it is a chronic reasoning problem originating from ur lack of information and generational frustration as directed by wenger who is hell bent in making his fans natural sadists. when you say a player is good, he is not winning any trophy and he is not earning big salary so where is his goodness? TuFace wey no be footballer get his own medals as a singer. kanayo O. kanayo wey be movie artist get his own medals. wole soyinka get medals for what he does. chinue achebe get medals and i can't think of any great man in any profession wey no get medal. song in all his goodness, is like a naked baby. inside our churches, if you work very hard and contribute money for church works, you will be made a knight but if u pray things dey happen, u will be made a prayer warrior. song is miles away from where mikel dey now. until he gets one medal, only then will there be room to compare them.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Arsenal Vs Brentford (2 - 1) On 19th February 2022 / West Ham Vs Arsenal (0 - 0) On 13th December 2017 / UCL: Schalke Vs Arsenal - (2 - 2) -On 6th November 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.