Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit (6548 Views)

President Buhari Departs Nigeria For China On A Weeklong Official Visit (photos) / Photos: Buhari Departs Kenya After Three Day Official Visit / Buhari Departs For France On A 3 Day Official Visit (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by onomeasike: 1:27am On Jun 27, 2012
Jonathan for Belgium

By Vincent Ikuomola, Abuja6 minutes ago

President Goodluck Jonathan will today travel to Brussels, Belgium on a one-day official visit, it was learnt last night.

Jonathan is scheduled to deliver a keynote address at the Summit of the World Customs Organisation in Brussels tomorrow.

According to a statement by his spokesman Dr. Reuben Abati, the President will jet out after the Federal Executive Council meeting.

He will be accompanied by his wife Dame Patience, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ambassador Olugbenga Ashiru, Finance Minister Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, her Trade and Investment counterpart, Dr. Olusegun Aganga, Senator Dahiru Kuta and a member of the House of Representatives Chinda Ogundu. Jonathan will also meet with the Nigerian community in Belgium.

He is expected back tomorrow evening.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/51808-jonathan-for-belgium.html
Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by tpia5: 2:53am On Jun 27, 2012
Yay.
Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by DaRapture: 5:23am On Jun 27, 2012
Damn, that means somebody else is about to get fired soon.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by Mandelaguy(m): 6:14am On Jun 27, 2012
DaRapture: Damn, that means somebody else is about to get fired soon.
he will gradually shut his haters and critics mouth. All I know is that the wheel of transformation is rolling and the wind of change is blowing.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by DuduNegro: 6:28am On Jun 27, 2012
Jonathan is unsettled! Something is in the air and he doesn't want to be caught in it!!

The President of a nation besieged by terrorists should not spend this much time and with such frequency outside his own domain, particularly on admission that parts of his own nation are inaccessible to him.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by Moderrator: 6:30am On Jun 27, 2012
People will talk.
Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by Afam4eva(m): 6:40am On Jun 27, 2012
I wonder how many people he will fire when he gets back.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by Nobody: 8:30am On Jun 27, 2012
Nigerians must talk obata. It is an official visit don't other president travel on official visits?.

Infact there are so many paid haters of GEJ here that always criticise whateva he does. Soon una mouth go shut. Government Can't Stop Because Of Boko Haram.

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by SpiritofOkija(m): 8:30am On Jun 27, 2012
Dudu_Negro: Jonathan is unsettled! Something is in the air and he doesn't want to be caught in it!!

The President of a nation besieged by terrorists should not spend this much time and with such frequency outside his own domain, particularly on admission that parts of his own nation are inaccessible to him.

Do you know if this trip will bring alot of benefits to Nigeria?!

While he handles domestic issues, do not forget that he still needs to tackle international issues as well.. Boko Haram cannot and I repeat cannot hold the nation hostage.. If he focuses on Boko Haram alone, 4 years would come and go and he would have achieved nothing.. He needs to still put up a front on the international scene and make sure Nigeria isnt left behind..

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by Ortis: 8:34am On Jun 27, 2012
Alwayz goin on visit.....just returnd 4rm brazil...nw 2 belgium....guex he wil head 2 solomon island or fiji....or even yorkcity in Aba town...waka waka :-XAlwayz goin on visit.....just returnd 4rm brazil...nw 2 belgium....guex he wil head 2 solomon island or fiji....or even yorkcity in Aba town...waka waka
Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by waja(m): 8:35am On Jun 27, 2012
Safe trip presido.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 27, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Do you know if this trip will bring alot of benefits to Nigeria?!

While he handles domestic issues, do not forget that he still needs to tackle international issues as well.. Boko Haram cannot and I repeat cannot hold the nation hostage.. If he focuses on Boko Haram alone, 4 years would come and go and he would have achieved nothing.. He needs to still put up a front on the international scene and make sure Nigeria isnt left behind..

Thanks for educating the guy. If GEJ focuses on BH alone at the end of his tenure they will cry wolf that he did nothing. Paid Haters

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by Nobody: 8:38am On Jun 27, 2012
Hip hip hooray!
Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by DuduNegro: 8:39am On Jun 27, 2012
Oh, Okija. . . what benefits? Please teach me the benefits of investing in a nation whose President admitted he administers jointly with terrorists sitting in his government. What committed partnership can we expect from outside?

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 27, 2012
Dudu_Negro: Jonathan is unsettled! Something is in the air and he doesn't want to be caught in it!!

why can't Nigerians use their brains for something useful. The president told you dis b4, cos some people are throwing bombs here and there doesn't mean Nigeria should stop and focus on them.if he should focus on dem, what's the reason for having defense minister, army generals, police IG ,etc. Or do you think he is going to Belgium for his own good?(holiday). What's all dis rubbish. Bomb blast =Jonathan. plane crash =Jonathan. A mad man die under a tree its = Jonathan. No service in your phone = Jonathan. You your self what have you done to your community.

5 Likes

Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by Boboribo: 8:40am On Jun 27, 2012
GEJ don give una new line - "Boko Haram should not stop governance". Carry on.
Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by madampresident(f): 8:41am On Jun 27, 2012
haters club!haters club! haters clubDo boko haram tink dy can stop d president in doing wat he ought to do including traveln on oficial isues?D answer is no!if they like,let dem kil everybody in d north,d president wl stil travel and travel and travel. d cant and they wnt stop him.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by johnojohn: 8:42am On Jun 27, 2012
GEJ u too waka,make u talk less and do ur work we no get light,road no dey food no dey,make we talk before em late oga GEJ u don carry baba iyabo boy come back come give em chairman population again Festus way dey tell us dat time say if baba iyabo no come back em drink no go sell again na em dem come sack d man na em u take back do bring back,make I ask u mr GEJ,who u go cm give National security Adviser to Boko Haram? :
Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by DuduNegro: 8:43am On Jun 27, 2012
uihebom: why can't Nigerians use their brains for something useful. The president told you dis b4, cos some people are throwing bombs here and there doesn't mean Nigeria should stop and focus on them.if he should focus on dem, what's the reason for having defense minister, army generals, police IG ,etc. Or do you think he is going to Belgium for his own good?(holiday). What's all dis rubbish. Bomb blast =Jonathan. plane crash =Jonathan. A mad man die under a tree its = Jonathan. No service in your phone = Jonathan. You your self what have you done to your community.

. . . GEJ is our cheerleader for brain fart! We follow in his footsteps.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by angiemartinez(f): 8:43am On Jun 27, 2012
y is it dat anytn mr president does always atract criticism? Wat do u pipo gain by runing him down on nairaland? Kant him b ryt 4 once? Na wa 4 una
Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by Murphy7h4: 8:44am On Jun 27, 2012
Thanks for sharing.
Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by Bakreez: 8:46am On Jun 27, 2012
onomeasike:

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/51808-jonathan-for-belgium.html
seems the retardeen derives pleasure travelling around the world with our tax payer money while th country boils. What benefit whether directly or indirectly will his travelling has on the security challenge and other cluster of problems we are going through? What a pity we got a clueless presido.
Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by madampresident(f): 8:47am On Jun 27, 2012
john o john: GEJ u too waka,make u talk less and do ur work we no get light,road no dey food no dey,make we talk before em late oga GEJ u don carry baba iyabo boy come back come give em chairman population again Festus way dey tell us dat time say if baba iyabo no come back em drink no go sell again na em dem come sack d man na em u take back do bring back,make I ask u mr GEJ,who u go cm give National security Adviser to Boko Haram? :
@ john.u talk as a fool.do u av brain at all.
Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by hismail1(m): 8:48am On Jun 27, 2012
more to be sacked when he returns.
Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by ecolime(m): 8:50am On Jun 27, 2012
Inasmuch as I don't like GEJs performance, that doesn't mean the whole nation should be at a halt because of Bokoharam.
Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by Jonwesley(m): 8:51am On Jun 27, 2012
"The day the world leaders know i can not travel out becos of boko haram, we re finished" Response on why he travelled to Brazil when the Kaduna state was boiling.
Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by Bakreez: 8:51am On Jun 27, 2012
Dudu_Negro:

. . . GEJ is our cheerleader for brain fart! We follow in his footsteps.
i know you must be another ab-dull, too bad for you dear. @ your level of exposure you could be thinking like a septuagenarian of 5th century. I pity you a lot
Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by ifihearam: 8:52am On Jun 27, 2012
So he should not travel again abi?
If he returns tomorrow more heads will roll
Trust me
Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by Super1759: 8:56am On Jun 27, 2012
Hahahhaahahahaa...peeps.trust me before 2015 gej go travel round the world.each travel 10 sacks..thumbs up joor.am behind ur ventures jare

1 Like

Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by DuduNegro: 8:57am On Jun 27, 2012
ecolime: Inasmuch as I don't like GEJs performance, that doesn't mean the whole nation should be at a halt because of Bokoharam.

True, but what he does he do when he is not travelling?

1. introduced a flash lift on oil subsidy
2. privatized US naval command and gave maritime patrol to ex-criminal
3. renamed UNILAG
4. Replaced an incompetent police chief with one on boko haram payroll

. . . when he doesnt travel he causes trouble up and down on domestic policies.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by Bakreez: 8:57am On Jun 27, 2012
madam president: haters club!haters club! haters clubDo boko haram tink dy can stop d president in doing wat he ought to do including traveln on oficial isues?D answer is no!if they like,let dem kil everybody in d north,d president wl stil travel and travel and travel. d cant and they wnt stop him.
i know you are yet to be a victim of boko haram. I dont pray you are anyway but learn to talk like a concerned nigerian and stop displaying your level mediocrity.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Off To Belgium On A One-day Official Visit by DuduNegro: 8:59am On Jun 27, 2012
Bakreez: i know you must be another ab-dull, too bad for you dear. @ your level of exposure you could be thinking like a septuagenarian of 5th century. I pity you a lot

. . . better to be an ab-dull than to be named goodluck and be followed everywhere you go with misfortune. lmao!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prepare For Upcoming Floods - NIMET Warns / Oba Of Benin Visits Oshiomhole / 40 Million Nigerians Jobless - Kolade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.