Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,910 members, 7,821,172 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

Youth Corpers Beware Of Job Scam - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Youth Corpers Beware Of Job Scam (2539 Views)

Firstbank Empowers 8000 Youth Corpers (Photos) / Scam Of Life (ex-corpers Beware) / Ex-Corpers: Beware Of Scam Jobs! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Youth Corpers Beware Of Job Scam by groovychik(f): 6:18pm On Jun 27, 2012
on May 19th, a job was advertised on for "Operations Manager", despite not getting an invite for an interview, I received the mail below.

Your application for employment to our firm has been dully considered.
Recommendations from our technical partners in the United States has
been very positive based on the following:

Position: OPERATIONS MANAGER
Date : JULY 2ND 2012
Time : 12 Noon

Requirements:
1. valid international passport
2. drivers license optional
3. 2 passport photographs
4. original credentials and 2 copies of detailed resume,
5. 2 reference letters addressed to

THE COUNTRY MANAGER,
ALPHA ENERGY SERVICES LTD,
MAITAMA DISTRICT, ABUJA

6. A certified medical fitness certificate it is COMPULSORY before your arrival
because this job requires overseas training and vagary weathers,
IT IS REQUIRED BY THE UNITED STATES EMBASSY FOR NON IMMIGRANT VISA.

For quick and easy accessibility, please contact Dr AJAYI
for advice and expedite action through 08030942692

Accommodation SHALL be provided and all expenses refunded.
Please report for duty on Saturday June 30th, 2012.
Kindly call the undersign for transportationto your hotel accommodation.

NOTE: your original employment letter will be issued at the venue provided we have
received your fitness results from Dr Ajayi.And your further performance in our
planned 90 days training program in the United States and the United Kingdom.
THIS IS WHY YOUR MEDICAL FITNESS REPORT IS COMPULSORY.

Yours truly,

DR AHMED SANDAS (MON)
CEO/GROUP HEAD.
+2348095863363

From the terrible English, I knew it was a scam and I am also aware that one doesn't need medical certificate to get American visa. I called the doctor and was informed his medical certificate is the only one accepted by the embassy and that I needed to pay him N50K for a certificate. This is to alert the public so no one will fall for this scam
Re: Youth Corpers Beware Of Job Scam by nikkyshyne(f): 10:01pm On Jun 27, 2012
LMAO.
I do get sms saying "Hi "insert my full name". We were in d same platoon in jos (and d eediot wld write my personal Nysc number as his own) My uncle got me a job at so so & so oil company and would like to help you too. Call this number now and find out more details from him. Bla bla bla.
A-S-S-Holes!
Re: Youth Corpers Beware Of Job Scam by Prince4God(m): 1:06pm On Jul 05, 2012
I just received this same email now. Below is what it reads.

OFFER OF PROVISIONAL EMPLOYMENT

THE COUNTRY MANAGER,
MAITAMA DISTRICT, ABUJA

6. A certified medical fitness certificate it is COMPULSORY before your arrival because this job requires overseas training and vagary weathers, IT IS REQUIRED BY THE UNITED STATES EMBASSY FOR NON IMMIGRANT VISA.

For quick and easy accessibility, please contact Dr AJAYI for advice and expedite action through 08030942692

Please report for duty on Saturday July 11th, 2012 at Presidential Hotel, GRA Port Harcourt. Kindly call the undersign for transportationto your hotel accommodation.

NOTE: your original employment letter will be issued at the venue provided we have received your fitness results from Dr Ajayi.And your further performance in our planned 90 days training program in the United States and the United Kingdom.

Yours truly,

DR AHMED SANDAS (MON)
CEO/GROUP HEAD.
+2348095863363

Please beware it is scam.
Re: Youth Corpers Beware Of Job Scam by Prince4God(m): 1:07pm On Jul 05, 2012
I just received this same email now. Below is what it reads.

OFFER OF PROVISIONAL EMPLOYMENT

THE COUNTRY MANAGER,
MAITAMA DISTRICT, ABUJA

6. A certified medical fitness certificate it is COMPULSORY before your arrival because this job requires overseas training and vagary weathers, IT IS REQUIRED BY THE UNITED STATES EMBASSY FOR NON IMMIGRANT VISA.

For quick and easy accessibility, please contact Dr AJAYI for advice and expedite action through 08030942692

Please report for duty on Saturday July 11th, 2012 at Presidential Hotel, GRA Port Harcourt. Kindly call the undersign for transportationto your hotel accommodation.

NOTE: your original employment letter will be issued at the venue provided we have received your fitness results from Dr Ajayi.And your further performance in our planned 90 days training program in the United States and the United Kingdom.

Yours truly,

DR AHMED SANDAS (MON)
CEO/GROUP HEAD.
+2348095863363

Please beware it is scam.
Re: Youth Corpers Beware Of Job Scam by groovychik(f): 7:27pm On Jul 05, 2012
I can't believe they are still pulling this same stunt.
Re: Youth Corpers Beware Of Job Scam by dilbert100: 12:13pm On Nov 16, 2012
scammers again....does anyone actually fall for this rubbish?
Re: Youth Corpers Beware Of Job Scam by DrMuzungu(m): 1:12pm On Nov 16, 2012
It is perfectly possible (and easy too) to track down the owner of the phone line stated in the advert. Why are these scammers still free?!
Re: Youth Corpers Beware Of Job Scam by moclothesnaija: 1:57pm On Nov 16, 2012
scammers its high u all REPENT!
Re: Youth Corpers Beware Of Job Scam by naijathings(m): 2:05pm On Nov 16, 2012
Dr Muzungu: It is perfectly possible (and easy too) to track down the owner of the phone line stated in the advert. Why are these scammers still free?!
possible yes. achievable ?? i doubt.
i went to MTN office to track someone, they confirmed that his line was registered but all they had in their database was his name.
no address,
no pic
no thumbprint
NOTHING
so what the furk is all the registration wahala for?
Re: Youth Corpers Beware Of Job Scam by gp66(m): 6:45pm On Nov 16, 2012
[quote author=nikkyshyne]LMAO.
I do get sms saying "Hi "insert my full name". We were in d same platoon in jos (and d eediot wld write my personal Nysc number as his own) My uncle got me a job at so so & so oil company and would like to help you too. Call this number now and find out more details from him. Bla bla bla.
A-S-S-Holes![/quote
Mine was almost like urs. He also said we are in d same platoon. So that even made me to get interested. But i later realised that it was a scam after when i received anoda call from a man who claim to be my uncle after calling my full name and he told me that he wants to help me on a current receuitment in port harcourt. He gave me a contact to call and explain to him that he gave me the number. After calling the manager, the manager said i need a marine safety certificate because is an offshore onshore work. He said to get that cert i need to pay 80k because its netherland we are to travel to. I hv to call my elder bros to confirm the first person who claim to be my uncle. When he called the person, he could nt identify himself as my uncle. My elder bros later told me that they are scammers. After that period they refused to call me again. Anything that requires payment of certain sum b4 getting opportunity is a scam. Guys wise up.
Re: Youth Corpers Beware Of Job Scam by ucforu(m): 8:57am On Nov 17, 2012
why would people be so heartless to be scamming innocent Nigerians looking for jobs?

some people can be heartless *smh*

(1) (Reply)

My Grouse With NYSC Corp Members that are Graduate of Medicine and Surgery / May Allawee 18a "Corp Members" / A Yoruba Corper's Experience In A Rural Igbo Town

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.