Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,244 members, 7,846,151 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 11:17 AM

Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey (13100 Views)

Poll: Is Nigeria a FAILED STATE??

Yes: 53% (103 votes)
No: 28% (54 votes)
Undecided: 3% (6 votes)
Can't be arsed: 0% (1 vote)
Somewhere in between: 14% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Save Our Souls Governor Adams Aliyu Oshiomole / How Nigerians Are Coping With Fuel Scarcity (Photos) / Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jun 28, 2012
'Renown economist'; how? He's only renown in insulting African countries, he should be called a 'renown devil' instead.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by maasoap(m): 2:02pm On Jun 28, 2012
afam4eva: What this Ghanaian professor has said is not new to us. So, i don't understand why your guys are attacking him. is it because he's from Ghana that his assertion is being scrutinized. Would you guys had responded differently had it being a Nigerian that said the same thing? What is wrong with what he has said.

Hell to the yeah, Nigerian have battered souls and broken spirit, else they won't be pushed to the wall and out of it. Nigerian s just sit like dummies while their leaders are molesting them at the slightest chance they get.

Let's always align with the truth irrespective of where it's coming from. Throwing the baby with the bath water is tantamount to not telling ourselves the truth.
Thank you my brother. They just love to live in denial, that's all. May be we need to ask them why majority of Nigerans are desperate to get out of this country?
1. Among oil producing states, Nigerians pay the highest price.
2. Road accidents, we're next to China even though we're in distant position to China in terms of population.
3. Maternal mortality, we know where we're.
4. Polio cases in this 21st century, we know our position globally.
5. Malaria, you know as well as I know.
6. Air disaster, not comparable to any other country known in this world.
7. Unemployment is a time bomb. The biggest threat to our survival as a nation. Go to Niger Delta and see massive oil theft, why? No job.
8. Poverty is as rampant in Niger Delta as it is in Northern part. Yet, a state in Niger Delta gets 12billion naira monthly whereas a state in Northern part gets as low as 2billion naira. Why poverty in Niger Delta then? Corruption it is.
9. 245billion naira as oil subsidy in 2010 but close to 3trillion naira in 2011. And we say Ghanian professor is senile. Who is senile here? Prof or you who refuse to see.
10. Oh! Just check the poll results of this thread, and ask yourself as individual what is wrong with you that you refuse to acknowledge the reality. Is it Tribalism? Religion? Regionism? Party loyalty? Or just what you can get from the govt of the day just like Rueben Abati of all people?
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by maasoap(m): 2:02pm On Jun 28, 2012
afam4eva: What this Ghanaian professor has said is not new to us. So, i don't understand why your guys are attacking him. is it because he's from Ghana that his assertion is being scrutinized. Would you guys had responded differently had it being a Nigerian that said the same thing? What is wrong with what he has said.

Hell to the yeah, Nigerian have battered souls and broken spirit, else they won't be pushed to the wall and out of it. Nigerian s just sit like dummies while their leaders are molesting them at the slightest chance they get.

Let's always align with the truth irrespective of where it's coming from. Throwing the baby with the bath water is tantamount to not telling ourselves the truth.
Thank you my brother. They just love to live in denial, that's all. May be we need to ask them why majority of Nigerans are desperate to get out of this country?
1. Among oil producing states, Nigerians pay the highest price.
2. Road accidents, we're next to China even though we're in distant position to China in terms of population.
3. Maternal mortality, we know where we're.
4. Polio cases in this 21st century, we know our position globally.
5. Malaria, you know as well as I know.
6. Air disaster, not comparable to any other country known in this world.
7. Unemployment is a time bomb. The biggest threat to our survival as a nation. Go to Niger Delta and see massive oil theft, why? No job.
8. Poverty is as rampant in Niger Delta as it is in Northern part. Yet, a state in Niger Delta gets 12billion naira monthly whereas a state in Northern part gets as low as 2billion naira. Why poverty in Niger Delta then? Corruption it is.
9. 245billion naira as oil subsidy in 2010 but close to 3trillion naira in 2011. And we say Ghanian professor is senile. Who is senile here? Prof or you who refuse to see.
10. Oh! Just check the poll results of this thread, and ask yourself as individual what is wrong with you that you refuse to acknowledge the reality. Is it Tribalism? Religion? Regionism? Party loyalty? Or just what you can get from the govt of the day just like Rueben Abati of all people?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by himor: 2:03pm On Jun 28, 2012
I considered ayittey write up as character assassination to dampen the spirit of Nigeria's against his excellence Goodluck Jonathan. and so much reply to this nonsensical write up could amount to giving credibility to it fellow Nigeria's what matters is that nigeria belongs to all of us we must guide it against the enemies of state.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by bisiaet: 2:03pm On Jun 28, 2012
Dont mind the idiot called Prof Ayimad or Ayisilly what has he done for his own country called Ghana? Let the idiot tell one thing he has contributed to Africa as a whole? Now its Nigeria he want to use to get Nobel Award isnit look mr prof you are simply mad, jobless, lazy idiot called professor.

Who a hell do you this things called Ghanian think you are? Who are you by the way people talk and Ghanian too talking oh heaven. If even anyone would talk about Nigeria is not Ghana and South Africa because these ass hole are number one Nigeria enermy so who a hell are you? To be honest these two country I dislike them with passion so either prof idiots or prof silly or whatever shut a hell of your mouth all what you are saying is out of pretending hatred you have for Nigeria not that you so love Nigeria that is why you are blablablublu just go to HELL with xcheap talk to win prize or thumb up. Nonsense
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by chromoTop: 2:04pm On Jun 28, 2012
Billyonaire: Nigerians are insulted by this statement. We are the home of the richest man in Africa, and the home of the highest numbers of billionaires in Africa. Can you call such country failed state ? can you call those countrymen broken spirit ?
Even Somalia has a billionaire. And holla, Somalia are proud of him.
Sir are you proud of Dangote? Otedola? Babangida? Ibori? is that what you call the collective resilience of the Nigerian spirit? of course there are a few handful of honest clowns you have exported to the world like Dbanj grin. the guy sure got some swag i like.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by stildude(m): 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2012
Ayitolla ehh..ayittey, I for one know what you and ur other vulture Naija antagonists set out to avhieve by all these rantings and unsolicited commentaries on Naija as a govt and as a people. 1. to ridicule Nigeria whilst promoting Ghana's. image A trade South africa has perfected so well. 2. lauder an image for urself thru cheap blackmail and slug taking at the greatest nation in Africa. 3. align ur self with a political group - govt opposit ion , maybe boko haram. ayottolla sorry ayittey damn! can't get ur name right never mind, so that you can open live office on certain orphans and losers in the country...you self want to enjoy oiyel money
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 28, 2012
@maasoap, now you've enumerated the problems and its not new for we all know that. In which way ever have u contributed in making it better? No, you've done nothing, u expect the government to empower you to do something. And how will the government empower you when all you know is the problem which everybody else knows? How about if you enumerate things u know can improve Nigeria and contribute ur own quota?
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by clemmonce(m): 2:11pm On Jun 28, 2012
Captainajama: who is this uninformed twisted f.o.o.l?
mr man kip quiet naija is f.ucked he is speakin his mind u if u dont like it type facebook.com on your browser and move ahead
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by maasoap(m): 2:12pm On Jun 28, 2012
Spirit of Okija: This muthafuckers fhucker neds to stop diick riding Nigeria... Our problems are ours to deal with. He should focus on his country and stick his nose out of our business...in are lowest state, we are still better than Ghana.
You're better than Ghana in your dream. World leaders will chose Ghana a thousand time over Nigeria. Banana Republic.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by mikeuz(m): 2:14pm On Jun 28, 2012
I said dis prof was confused,when he insulted our president, bt many of you supported him, nw he has insulted us d citizens, hope nw U will support me when I say he is confused and just seeking attention.

He needs to apologize to Nigerians.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jun 28, 2012
[quote author=shymmex][/quote]
everything the prof said,has been said at one time or the other by fela and how many here that are busy calling people names simply cos they said the truth.
was fortunate enough to have been born in the 70s so basically witnessed a few happy good ol times and the difference between an average Nigerian then and now is so glaring to see
Thats why our youths have forgotten about hard work thats why almost every Nigerian now wants a job in politics simply cos of the "if u cant beat them,join them" attitude which can only come by when u have been totally oppressed.It is not the fault of GEJ who is just basically doing what other thieves in leaders clothing have been doing for years
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 28, 2012
maasoap: You're better than Ghana in your dream. World leaders will chose Ghana a thousand time over Nigeria. Banana Republic.
exact problem with Nigeria and Nigerians,lets stop living in a deluded world
The only reason Nigeria is still standing strong is because of her citizens and not leaders.we still have a little bit of what makes us thick still in us but its eroding reallllllllll fast
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by bisiaet: 2:16pm On Jun 28, 2012
@chrometop "Quote" of course there are a few handful of honest clowns you have exported to the world like Dbanj . the guy sure got some swag i like.

Do I just heard you called Dbanj a clown. I guess you are one of those hidden one from Ghana on this site I note you down and we shall flush all of you out one by one but for calling dbanj a clown your entire country I mean entire Ghana both born and unborn, both dead and alive are "CLOWN"

Either you Ghanians take or not that your uncontrol jealousy for Nigeria will surely sink you one good day. Either you want it or not you can never be like Nigeria I know what am talking about I live amongs you before I met you in foreign land before I work with you people before in the West so I know whom you are simply "NOTHING than a jealous a s s holes"

Oh my goodness so some of my own are supporting this man after insulting us as a nation hhmmm well no issue in that but the truth anywhere i manage to get a ghanian or south a south africa i will sniff him dry i mean it and am serious about it. These anufia all they pray for is for Nigeria to crash and crumble one good day a ghanian will do you any good the moment he knows you are a Nigeria anywhere in the world and still this animal called professor gorilla is talking nonsense. Oh oh my ghanians you are done you shall see lets wait
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by bakjal(m): 2:17pm On Jun 28, 2012
Mandelaguy: This man is a swallat! Who is battered and broken? He ha opportunity 2 say this during the military mis rule of so man years,he failed! This professor really needs medical attention andrope examination upstairs. Without sounding arrogant, Nigerians are the most intelligent,ingenious,sagacious,hardworking and democratic citizens in Africa. People who cannot be controlled or intimidated. IBB,Abacha and co can tell you this. No man has the monopoly of power in this dynamic nation because we have never allowed it. Do not allow this f.o.o.l to play with us. It's time to shut him up.
There u go again!it is almost impossible to shape Nigeria again with people like u n ur tots...wat u need do is ask urself,wat is dis man sayin?y now?Instead,u bigin to call him names n som folks like u sayin tins way absurd(elrufai n buhari responsible)Wen wil u appreciate d truth?accept it n make amends?When will u free urself from d terro within ur sentimental heart?Mind u dis man is not yoruba,hausa nor ndigbo...
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 28, 2012
bisiaet: Dont mind the idiot called Prof Ayimad or Ayisilly what has he done for his own country called Ghana? Let the idiot tell one thing he has contributed to Africa as a whole? Now its Nigeria he want to use to get Nobel Award isnit look mr prof you are simply mad, jobless, lazy idiot called professor.

Who a hell do you this things called Ghanian think you are? Who are you by the way people talk and Ghanian too talking oh heaven. If even anyone would talk about Nigeria is not Ghana and South Africa because these ass hole are number one Nigeria enermy so who a hell are you? To be honest these two country I dislike them with passion so either prof idiots or prof silly or whatever shut a hell of your mouth all what you are saying is out of pretending hatred you have for Nigeria not that you so love Nigeria that is why you are blablablublu just go to HELL with xcheap talk to win prize or thumb up. Nonsense
sit down there dey look for enemies while other countries dey progress.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by NAJALYN: 2:21pm On Jun 28, 2012
@Spirit of Okija, you have said it all. The nutty professor should go solve Ghana's problems and leave us to solve ours.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by NAJALYN: 2:23pm On Jun 28, 2012
@Spirit of Okija, you have said it all. The nutty professor should go solve Ghana's problems and leave us to solve ours. There is no country problem-free.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jun 28, 2012
NAJALYN: @Spirit of Okija, you have said it all. The nutty professor should go solve Ghana's problems and leave us to solve ours.
If we do not do something drastic,we will never ever solve ours although I sincerely pray and hope that I am wrong.we have been on a steady decline as a nation for years and with the caliber of leaders we have or have been getting,I dont see a way out.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Moderrator: 2:25pm On Jun 28, 2012
Why do Ghanaians award professorship titles to fools?
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by maasoap(m): 2:27pm On Jun 28, 2012
iv4fb: @maasoap, now you've enumerated the problems and its not new for we all know that. In which way ever have u contributed in making it better? No, you've done nothing, u expect the government to empower you to do something. And how will the government empower you when all you know is the problem which everybody else knows? How about if you enumerate things u know can improve Nigeria and contribute ur own quota?
And how will my solution help? Are you the one that will implement my solutions to the problem. Is my solutions will be different from the ones they refuse to adopt? Do you even have an idea of how many breakthrough/innovations in this country that had been sold abroad with patent right? Imagine yourself as a graduate of agriculture or marketing, you take it upon yourself not to roam streets for unavailable job. You wanted to be on your own, you need just little capital to get going but nobody/institution is ready to provide a platform for you to start. Sometimes it baffles me when I see your likes criticizing people for criticizing govt. What most of you overlook is that you've forgotten that govt controls people's resources on their behalf. Can I tell you how US or UK GOVTS distribute peoples resources there and how our govt/rulers loot our own with impunity?
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by bakjal(m): 2:27pm On Jun 28, 2012
grin
Mandelaguy: when I told hem I went to CCB an saw a copy,did any of them go their and be refused? Atleast the person can come here and challenge my claims. Lack of knowledge is a big diseas,that why the holy book( bible) said my people perish.
Mandelaguy: when I told hem I went to CCB an saw a copy,did any of them go their and be refused? Atleast the person can come here and challenge my claims. Lack of knowledge is a big diseas,that why the holy book( bible) said my people perish.
when I told hem I went to CCB an saw a copy,did any of
them go their and be refused? Atleast the person can
come here and challenge my claims. Lack of knowledge is
a big diseas,that why the holy book( bible) said my people
perish.i laugh at u dude
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by miky(m): 2:30pm On Jun 28, 2012
shymmex: ^^^^It's high time Ghana colonized Nigeria! cool

We need another colonization to wake up from our sleep...

why stop at that, we should sell of some folks to slavery too!!
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by bisiaet: 2:32pm On Jun 28, 2012
@millehigh Quote"sit down there dey look for enemies while other countries dey progress".

That is your problem mr or miss millehigh or milleshort ok. If somalia, Sudaness, Yemenis, Vietnamess, Myamar, Mogolians, and so on and their citizen can still be defend their nation despite they are top corrupt,most dangerous to live on earth, so to you and your greasy empty head Ghanian idiots should be the one insulting us a nation and you are cool with that? I have no more word for orelse I will miss yarn...............................

I will say it a million time F U C K TO GHANIANS with no apology. I cant fold my arm for just a rag trash a s hole ghanians to open their stinky mouth and rubbish my own country never and never. They hate us and I hate them simple. F U C K YOU GHANIANS I say it one again f u c k you go to hell and mind your own business with your lazy jobless "Professor Gorilla".
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by theplanmaker: 2:33pm On Jun 28, 2012
The proffs criticism was harsh ȋ̝̊̅ agree, but let's come out of our denial, nigeria is α failed state. We have α weak government crippled by corruption, the constant threat of terrorism in d north which d government has no means of controlling. Public servants steal public fund without fear of the law, bribery and corruption is now endemic in nigeria, nd our lawmakers are celebrated rogues and robbers, every sector in d country is decaying rapidly. ‎​S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ yes nigeria is α failed state and her citizens r in denial.......let's face d fact
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by ola4yinka(m): 2:34pm On Jun 28, 2012
So it is for a Professor from another country, Ghana for that matter, to tell us that Nigeria is bad?..and we all are reading like it's News !
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by SmoothCrim: 2:36pm On Jun 28, 2012
The Professor is largely right and every Nigerian with an ounce of intelligence knows that...And yes, Ghanaians are Superior. After all were they not the ones who told Nigerians to get out from Colonial rule grin grin grin grin

Let's be honest boko Haram which is linked to Al Qaeda controls a majority of Nigeria and it is a FAILED STATE!
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by tevinsolt: 2:37pm On Jun 28, 2012
OMG!!!!!!!!! can you guys think at all? this man doesn't have any business concerning himself with Nigeria's problem yet he has he has taken it upon himself to say what most Nigerians are afraid of saying.....this same man was locked up in Senegal because he spoke against it's corrupt government at the time........we see all this well industrialized countries in Europe thriving; it is because their fathers fought for the freedom and economic stability they enjoy today. their countries was just like Nigeria of today hundreds of years ago the gap between the rich and the poor was so much that they had to revolt but of course Nigerians will cry in the closet of their rooms and defend the corrupt gov. in the open.......God help you all!!
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by bakila: 2:38pm On Jun 28, 2012
shymmex:

Peaceful - but there has never been peace in Nigeria since I became acquainted with the Country, no?

Hardworking - yet nothing works in that country..

Intelligent - yet the leader of the Country and intelligence shouldn't be in the same sentence..

Nigeria is a FAILED STATE!! cool

You and Beaf should do your fight elsewhere. Wait for him to go to Peckhem and you continue. It seems you are trying to abuse Nigeria on google. Too zakachi ubanka idan baka daina ba. Google the last sentence from Peckham.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by fankasibe: 2:43pm On Jun 28, 2012
Who ar dis African Bastards reffering to?
Even if Naija no good today.... Dat does not give dis Ghanas to talk shit @ us....GOD bless Nigeria
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by tpapi: 2:44pm On Jun 28, 2012
tevinsolt:

if you have the slightest sense and all sections of your brain are functioning well....you wouldn't have made such........you guys we'll never rise above your miseries, and you will always remain slaves to your leaders of Nigeria because of self pride in nothing and bigotry. Good luck explaining to your children in the future how you've tolerated misrule just like your fathers.
u find it easy calin pple fools but wen same is now said 2 u,u find it difficult 2 accept,am sure u can now feel ow it seems like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Okorocha Formally Joins APC / Federal Power Fails Again In Rivers / Ogun Poly Takes Off May — Amosun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.