Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,311 members, 7,867,817 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 03:03 AM

Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey (13111 Views)

Poll: Is Nigeria a FAILED STATE??

Yes: 53% (103 votes)
No: 28% (54 votes)
Undecided: 3% (6 votes)
Can't be arsed: 0% (1 vote)
Somewhere in between: 14% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Save Our Souls Governor Adams Aliyu Oshiomole / How Nigerians Are Coping With Fuel Scarcity (Photos) / Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Elueme: 4:47pm On Jun 28, 2012
This old professor is probably suffering from a possible delusion. I think he needs help. Ghanaian authority should take note..... Am very Serious he needs some psychiatric evaluation
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by nagoma(m): 4:47pm On Jun 28, 2012
shymmex:
How's he dyckriding Nigeria - and what's bad in being your brother's keeper??
Maybe, you need to take your own advice, and take GEJ's nutz out of your mouth..
GEJ proved he's also a thug!!
How can the President of a Country answer a question with: "I don't give a damn!"? shocked
GEJ is the epitome of FAILURE!!

Dont mind them , they still want to sell Jona to us "We all know the saying about one man's trash being another man's treasure, and you just need to find the man who treasures your trash," - I wonder who will genuinely treasure such an incapable a president as Jona.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by kay1999: 4:48pm On Jun 28, 2012
I dont know what kind of nigerians we have in this forum you keep saying stupid tins abt your country...now ordinary ghanian professor is attacking nigeria verbally still yet some stupid nigerians are still saying negative comments about nigeria..It took the so called developed nations many years before they can also eradicate corruption in their system..... Eradicting corruption in a system is not just overnight work.. Its a gradual process...
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Gbawe: 4:49pm On Jun 28, 2012
Demdem: Gbawe is obviously Accursed nemesis. Wettin concern him with Gbawe's post nau? na wa oooo? isnt he free again to air his opinion the way he did without attacking anyone?

My brother, help me ask O !!!! I am simply fed up of all these pathetic lady-boys who act like obsessed bi.t.ches with 24/7 PMT (pre-menstrual tension).

Abeg, what links me and the obsessed fool on this thread? At least the "accursed" idiot, even if totally obsessed with others, should have the basic intelligence to ensure his utterance does not resemble the wild and irrelevant rant of a weakling totally obsessed with those he blames for emasculating him here when the forum only sees a weak, wannabe crybaby with a helpless obsession with others to the extent they are his world entirely. I don't know why he can't submit his utterance here and let others do same without his ashewo overtures. Simply the most pathetic Nairalander by miles.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by omenka(m): 4:51pm On Jun 28, 2012
kay1999: @beaf i dont know why the nairalander admin is not doing screening for all these educated illiterates we are having in this forum... Some useless shoe cobblers ghanians will just into this forum and start running their mouth.. We will always be better than Ghanians even south africans... If you want to facts enter google and see economy of africa.....
Another Ignoramus has broken his leash!! Help!!
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by kay1999: 4:54pm On Jun 28, 2012
@omenka now i see you are pyschologically disturbed...you need to see a pyschiatrist
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by tevinsolt: 4:56pm On Jun 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnepHUYFqgg

Ghana is not up to the size of three states in Nigeria..and so what? is size what wewant to eat? Monaco is a small principality to the south of France and see how successful it is and that just a place not up to the size of Victoria island.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9iXG4Rkdv4

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by wonderiyke(m): 4:56pm On Jun 28, 2012
We (Nigerians) react badly/poorly to feedback especially when it is negative. Feedback is meant for reassesement of one's situation with a view to effecting improvement where necessary going forward. I guess that's the major difference between us and the Western world.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Beaf: 4:56pm On Jun 28, 2012
nkem Kalu: How can u be batterd when u promote and glory in evil? U see bad and U will say it is good just because it is ur father or brother and u are even calling this one short term....Infact, the short time is like HELL IN A CELL and I wonder what it will be in the next 4years

People like you always turn out to be hate-filled, jealous clowns who tear their successful neighbours down. Nigeria is in a mess because of people like you.

If I tell you to go make money from the opportunities in cassava, the low self-esteemed fool in you would tell me that cassava is local, "bad and evil" before laughing your loud fools laugh. Yet, that is a gaping wide opportunity for a first step (among many) for anyone with a modicum of common sense and ability.

Boneheaded, lazy, awuf luv'n phucks like you will continue waiting for mana to drop from heaven. Keep waiting, hating and phucking Ayittey.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Demdem(m): 4:58pm On Jun 28, 2012
Chai grin grin grin the "wise one" links it to cassava. very soon, energy bulbs will be next grin grin
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by kay1999: 5:01pm On Jun 28, 2012
@beaf thumbs up man... I dey enjoy you die..
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Beaf: 5:02pm On Jun 28, 2012
Gbawe:

My brother, help me ask O !!!! I am simply fed up of all these pathetic lady-boys who act like obsessed bi.t.ches with 24/7 PMT (pre-menstrual tension).

Abeg, what links me and the obsessed fool on this thread? At least the "accursed" idiot, even if totally obsessed with others, should have the basic intelligence to ensure his utterance does not resemble the wild and irrelevant rant of a weakling totally obsessed with those he blames for emasculating him here when the forum only sees a weak, wannabe crybaby with a helpless obsession with others to the extent they are his world entirely. I don't know why he can't submit his utterance here and let others do same without his ashewo overtures. Simply the most pathetic Nairalander by miles.

Lol! This is the real you! Primitive, hate-filled and red-eyed. A pot bellied old man with thin k-legs and yellow eyes, desperately and shamelessly attempting to deceive people who are young enough to be your grandchildren. What a failure!

Again, here are your very own words, they aptly describe the kind of traitorous creature you are. Who else praises boko haram? And why wouldn't a boko haram worshiper find it easy to become a traitor and hail Ayittey? You have traitor written all over you, bruv:

Gbawe:

keep watching buddy. We will see who has overestimated their touted strenght within a Nigeria where [size=14pt]the stomach, and not enduring principles, is king[b] today[/b]. Boko Haram has been butchering Nigerians from all walks of life so far. What has been the reaction of those who vacuously make noise about their 'powermen' strenght on the net?[/size] Where was the immediate burning of Mosques after the Christmas attack to indicate a readiness for t.i.t-for-tat and we-wont-take-it-lying-down people like you tout?

[size=14pt]Right now, the "owners of Nigeria" will do and undo , plus give the lead, while all Nigeria will follow as is the case so far !!! Many of you don't seem to understand that events on the ground has overtaken the history you so much hold on to and assume other share feverishly , as dogmatic mantra, with you.[/size]

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-837167.0.html#msg9883217

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by nkemKalu: 5:04pm On Jun 28, 2012
Beaf:

People like you always turn out to be hate-filled, jealous clowns who tear their successful neighbours down. Nigerioa is in a mess because of people like you.

If I tell you to go make money from the opportunities in cassava, the low self-esteemed fool in you would tell me that cassava is local, "bad and evil" before laughing your loud fools laugh. Yet, that is a gaping wide opportunity for a first step (among many) for anyone with a modicum of common sense and ability.

Boneheaded, lazy, awuf luv'n phucks like you will continue waiting for mana to drop from heaven. Keep waiting, hating and phucking Ayittey.
Hahahahaha.......there u are, U have really proved that u are paid by the CASSAVA BREAD PRESIDENT. How come u cannot mention any other profession or job except CASSAVA which u and ur ODEH keep promoting?. That is the way u and him are revolutionalising agriculture. Hahahaha.....I dey laugh.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by tevinsolt: 5:10pm On Jun 28, 2012
nkem Kalu: Hahahahaha.......there u are, U have really proved that u are paid by the CASSAVA BREAD PRESIDENT. How come u cannot mention any other profession or job except CASSAVA which u and ur ODEH keep promoting?. That is the way u and him are revolutionalising agriculture. Hahahaha.....I dey laugh.

they are endowed with cassava brain lol or maybe they are suffering from cassava syndrome lol
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by phermonyx(m): 5:12pm On Jun 28, 2012
[quote author=shymmex][/quote]
Nairalanderz aΩ̴d̶̲̥̅̊ controversy
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Beaf: 5:18pm On Jun 28, 2012
nkem Kalu: Hahahahaha.......[/b]there u are, U have really proved that u are paid by the CASSAVA BREAD PRESIDENT. How come u cannot mention any other profession or job [b]except CASSAVA which u and ur ODEH keep promoting?. That is the way u and him are revolutionalising agriculture. Hahahaha.....I dey laugh.

You mentioned that you were "battered and broken," and I offered an opportunity even the blind can see, only to get your response above.
Dude, compare your unfortunate response above to my prediction below (right down to the "loud fools laugh" ). I read your character a 100% percent correctly, didn't I? Lol! Thats because we all come into contact with low self-esteemed bottom feeders and shiit rollers who want to be breastfed at 40.

Beaf:

People like you always turn out to be hate-filled, jealous clowns who tear their successful neighbours down. Nigeria is in a mess because of people like you.

Its a pity that we have Nigerians like you who will spit on their own fathers compound out of hatred for someone else.
All hail fools! grin
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by phermonyx(m): 5:19pm On Jun 28, 2012
[quote author=shymmex][/quote]
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by nkemKalu: 5:21pm On Jun 28, 2012
Beaf:

You mentioned that you were "battered and broken," and I offered an opportunity even the blind can see, only to get your response above.
Dude, compare your unfortunate response above to my prediction below (right down to the "loud fools laugh"wink.

Its a pity that we have Nigerians like you who will spit on their own fathers compounds out of hatred for someone else. my friend...always call a spade a spade even if it is ur father or mother that is involved in a crime. BYE BYE
All hail fools! grin
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Beaf: 5:25pm On Jun 28, 2012
Nigeria is tough, but there are opportunities.
Anybody who laughs at cassava is a lazy fool who is not ready and who is of no use to Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by tevinsolt: 5:28pm On Jun 28, 2012
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Gbawe: 5:40pm On Jun 28, 2012
Beaf:

Lol! This is the real you! Primitive, hate-filled and red-eyed. A pot bellied old man with thin k-legs and yellow eyes, desperately and shamelessly attempting to deceive people who are young enough to be your grandchildren. What a failure!

Again, here are your very own words, they aptly describe the kind of traitorous creature you are. Who else praises boko haram? And why wouldn't a boko haram worshiper find it easy to become a traitor and hail Ayittey? You have traitor written all over you, bruv:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-837167.0.html#msg9883217

Guy, I am not really interested in talking to you and I simply cannot understand your obsession with stalking, straying off topic and then making a fool of yourself !!!! What is the matter with you? Can you not simply go and get testosterone shots to overcome your bit.chy predisposition? Can't you get a girlfriend, boyfriend or whatever?

What is sure is that the shameless conduct of yours, for a grown azz man, needs to stop. This is a thread everyone is submitting their opinion and moving on yet , totally irrelevantly, you have to bring your market woman shamelessness and rants here. Can't you be manly for once and stop following other men around like a pathetic love-sick Puppy? Please, leave me alone and face the thread .
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 28, 2012
Prof Ayittey called on Nigerians to look beyond tribe and religion in analysing socio-policio-economic issues.

on point.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Gbawe: 5:58pm On Jun 28, 2012
tevinsolt:

why do you think our economy is mostly depended on oil because Nigerians are of broken spirit go figure mehn. where is the agriculture the country started off with?

What say do ordinary Nigerians have in how oil wealth is used? What power do ordinary Nigerians have to formulate policies that can move the nation away from a dependence on oil? You talk about Agriculture without making allowance for how it is successive poor leadership, not lack of individual effort, that contributed the most to destroy the sector !!!!!

You are using issues concerning the failure of governance to malign ordinary Nigerians. That is what Ayittey does that I have a problem with !!!!

Is it not enough that, till today, when it comes to areas where individual ability is king, Nigerians show above average ability, hunger and talent to still excel and stand out against tremendous challenges ?

let us get real. By all means, we can all agree Nigerian political leadership , at the highest level, stinks as Ayittey concludes - and I agree with him unreservedly in that respect - but let us not start bending reality to begin applying the same, wholesale, to ordinary Nigerians also.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Gbawe: 6:08pm On Jun 28, 2012
ekwah: Prof Ayittey called on Nigerians to look beyond tribe and religion in analysing socio-policio-economic issues.

on point.

Indeed and I agree with points like that because it is currently too easy to divide and conquer Nigerians with ethnicity, religion and other sectional ploys.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by bombwar(m): 6:14pm On Jun 28, 2012
shymmex:

Typical Nigerian reta/rd who's comfortable with maintaining the status quo...

The Country has failed its upright citizens, and it is on its way to abyss - take it, or leave it... undecided
Shy mmex Shy mmex,,,,,,Go nd luk 4 work,,,,,simple
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by bombwar(m): 6:16pm On Jun 28, 2012
tpapi: no sir,we only av 2 popularly respected fools on dis thread, u and shymmex
No be small tin,,,,,Shymmex na reallllllllllll big Fooooooooooooooooooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by uzomagic(m): 6:28pm On Jun 28, 2012
tevinsolt:

they are endowed with cassava brain lol or maybe they are suffering from cassava syndrome lol
Sometime ago, Malaysian businessmen, came to Nigeria to learn how to produce palm oil. Today, they're prime producer and exporters of the product while Nigeria's economy remains dependent on a fast dwindling reserve of crude. We have another opportunity to harness a potential gold mine in cassava as a viable means of improving the agricultural potentials of our country and reap the corresponding dividends of God's blessings
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by lovenaija2(m): 6:31pm On Jun 28, 2012
I love nigeria, this prof has been honest about my dear country and GEJ, Nigeria is not firing at full potential. Nigerians do well in other countries when conditions are right. Gej NEEDS TO ACKNOWLEDGE HIS POOR CREATIVITY AND SOLUTION ORIENTATED SKILLS AND BRING IN WORLD CLASS MINDS FOREIGNERS AND NIGERIANS TO MOVE NIGERIA FOWARD. God bless the prof for offering to profer solutions. Wahala dey we need to admit. Why should we be suffering and emmigrating when we are rich? millions of hungry youth are jobless when there are food to grow, roads to build and poor quality of our education and looting politicians, We need to wake up our problem is neither religion nor tribe. God bless Nigeria
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by supremebeing09: 7:09pm On Jun 28, 2012
You have an academic scholar, an economist saying Nigerians are battered souls and broken spirits and some idiots are saying otherwise, criticizing the humble man. BAS-TARDS!!! But if your village chief said the same you would agree with him 100%. Nigeria is a failed state - there is nothing to be proud of when discussing Nigeria. An unborn baby knows it is a failed state. Illiterate and narrow-minded badgers. Nigeria is not a failed state - keep deceiving yourselves.

I'm tired of nairaland because it seems any animal with access to the internet can come here and chat sh*t. Don't wake up and smell the coffee. Keep feeling unique because you come from Nigeria. Nigeria as a nation is a laughing stock - globally. Don't think because some village governor managed to build a 15km motorway we are up there with other nations. Let me guess - we're still up and coming? Tell that sh*t to the bloody birds
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Polalowo: 7:17pm On Jun 28, 2012
Truth is bitter period. The Prof is not saying what they will love to hear.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by owobokiri(m): 7:18pm On Jun 28, 2012
The Prof is making sense here. Are we not battered as a people? Are we not victims of endless misgovernance? Even if some of us closed our noses and voted Jonathan to power, is it not obvious that the man is blundering his way towards 2015? So why are we upset with the Ghana man? Crude patriotism? I will slap my 5 year old cousin if gives the kind of answers Jonathan was giving during the media chat. This is not even about GEJ anymore. Nigeria is a massive failure and the current administration lacks the energy to end this.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Babaken(m): 7:30pm On Jun 28, 2012
chromoTop:
Do you understand what GLOBALIZATION is or you just chose to flip that side of the dictionary over? what has the US got to do with Syria? what has Germany got to do with Spain's economic crisis? why would your country's Aunty Ndi Okereke of the renowned SE organize a fund-rasing gala in the spirirt of Obama?
chromoTop:
Do you understand what GLOBALIZATION is or you just chose to flip that side of the dictionary over? what has the US got to do with Syria? what has Germany got to do with Spain's economic crisis? why would your country's Aunty Ndi Okereke of the renowned SE organize a fund-rasing gala in the spirirt of Obama?
chromoTop:
MAKE UNA TELL THAT MAN TO ZIP HIS MOUTH BEFORE THUNDER STRICK HIM AND HIS FAMILY TO DEATH IF HE DON'T HAVE VALUE FOR HIS COUNTRY WE FOR I HAVE FOR MY COUNTRY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Okorocha Formally Joins APC / How Long Does It Take To Clear Bank Cheque In Nigeria / Makinde’s Claims On Oyo ₦11 Billion Wage Bill False – Oyo APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.