Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,353 members, 7,860,916 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:52 PM

Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey (13109 Views)

Poll: Is Nigeria a FAILED STATE??

Yes: 53% (103 votes)
No: 28% (54 votes)
Undecided: 3% (6 votes)
Can't be arsed: 0% (1 vote)
Somewhere in between: 14% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

Save Our Souls Governor Adams Aliyu Oshiomole / How Nigerians Are Coping With Fuel Scarcity (Photos) / Battered Rivers Lawmaker Recounts Ordeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by tpapi: 1:01pm On Jun 28, 2012
tevinsolt: everyone on this thread is a fool except for shymmex and the other person that's sane enough to see that the prof. meant well when he said those things he said, who in their right mind won't agree with what this man wrote? instead of criticizing our leaders and pressuring them to meaningful things for the country we defend the thieves and when agents like beef or whatever is name is and so on sees this they report back to their slave masters that Nigerians are happy......bunch of twisted minds suffering from indecision. undecided
no sir,we only av 2 popularly respected fools on dis thread, u and shymmex

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by SpiritofOkija(m): 1:03pm On Jun 28, 2012
This muthafuckers fhucker neds to stop diick riding Nigeria... Our problems are ours to deal with. He should focus on his country and stick his nose out of our business...in are lowest state, we are still better than Ghana.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by waters2012: 1:04pm On Jun 28, 2012
This man is on a lunatic fringe. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 28, 2012
Spirit of Okija: This muthafuckers fhucker neds to stop diick riding Nigeria... Our problems are ours to deal with. He should focus on his country and stick his nose out of our business...in are lowest state, we are still better than Ghana.

How's he dyckriding Nigeria - and what's bad in being your brother's keeper??

Maybe, you need to take your own advice, and take GEJ's nutz out of your mouth..

GEJ proved he's also a thug!!

How can the President of a Country answer a question with: "I don't give a damn!"? shocked

GEJ is the epitome of FAILURE!!
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Nobody: 1:10pm On Jun 28, 2012
The prof is 100% correct. His criticism is better than bigots in Nairaland.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by ACM10: 1:10pm On Jun 28, 2012
"The one cutting path through forest does not see if it is crooked"

Soo true! cool
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by fortran12: 1:12pm On Jun 28, 2012
Instead of ppl to acknowledge and rethink on the issues the man has raised, they are talkin about the man's authority to comment abt Nigeria, is the man lyin, lots of nigerians are myopic, leaving the real issues and focusin on the irrelevant things. Some ppl wanna be patriotic but patriotism doesn't mean one should be stupid and not be able to think or analyse situations critically
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Michky: 1:14pm On Jun 28, 2012
daviesmania: I smell Atiku's hand in dis mess.
dis 1 don Kolo
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by sayso: 1:15pm On Jun 28, 2012
Make thunder fire this yeye professor comot for dis world for call my beloved brothers and sisters battered souls.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by nagoma(m): 1:15pm On Jun 28, 2012
Fresh Air!
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Gbawe: 1:16pm On Jun 28, 2012
shymmex: This isn't about Ghana vs Nigeria - this is about an objective analysis of Nigeria and Nigerians by a respectable academic...

Nigerians are definitely battered souls and broken spirits..

It is not an objective analysis and you would indeed appreciate this if you know what really obtains on the ground in Africa that directly rubbishes Ayittey's submission. Note that I have not said everything he said is wrong. Indeed I submit that he is free to criticise Governance in Nigeria.

I can however not endorse outright falsehood, as a well-travelled Nigerians who sees things with his own two eyes, simply because I dislike the current situation in Nigeria. Look, I just got back from Ghana yesterday and these three Ghanaians talked about nothing, while we sat waiting to board, other than how they respect the tenacity, entrepreneurship and dynamism of Nigerians that has seen them "raise the bar everywhere" !!!! There take is different to Ayittey's because they are on the ground and perhaps honest enough to call a spade a spade !!!!

The "entrepreneurship, dynamism and bustling energy" of Nigerians is more alive today than it has ever been. That is the truth and no patriotic Nigerian should entertain Ayittey when he moves beyond the brief of his economic and governance criticism to begin making crass generalisations about Nigerians that is simply not borne out by events on the ground and , in fact, actually makes Ayittey , as a Ghanaian, look distinctly Ostrich-like. It is not the entire submission of Ayittey you must support. At least be "Objective" enough to say this is right and this is wrong. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Michky: 1:16pm On Jun 28, 2012
dvdon: Pls let's stop all these insult on d prof let's face reality, he is ryt Nigeria needs am emergency. Accordin 2 him if u want GEJ out say "HI" if u want him in say "NEE".cheesy
Hi!
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Michky: 1:20pm On Jun 28, 2012
shymmex:

How's he dyckriding Nigeria - and what's bad in being your brother's keeper??

Maybe, you need to take your own advice, and take GEJ's nutz out of your mouth..

GEJ proved he's also a thug!!

How can the President of a Country answer a question with: "I don't give a damn!"? shocked

GEJ is the epitome of FAILURE!!
GBAM!!
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by BashMe1(m): 1:21pm On Jun 28, 2012
Captainajama: We had years of misrule under the military,yes! We are coming out of the ashes like a Phoenix,renewed and reenergised,yes. We are under a new era of change and vibrancy,bu we have never been broken or battered. We have always been giants, this senile old man should be mindful of his utterances.

Oga, now dat u av come out of d said military era... has there been any significant change or the suffering is growing form bad to worse for a particular reason dat we do not know about?
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by deb(m): 1:22pm On Jun 28, 2012
THE GUY IS NOT A PROFESSOR. HE IS A FOO OL!
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by ballabriggs: 1:23pm On Jun 28, 2012
Jona really needs to organise his thoughts when speaking. Any academic who listens to Jona an academic speak would definitely be disgusted. He must learn not to throw terms which he cannot back around. The campaign rallies are over! What does Jona mean by "agricultural revolution" by giving seedlings to farmers. It is patronizing to the citizens of Nigeria and any knowledgeable person would sure be irritated as one can see from the Prof's opinion when he says, "this man is a joke".
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by maasoap(m): 1:23pm On Jun 28, 2012
shymmex: Nigerians are just paper championships..

Heck, even your president only controls 1/3 of the country; the remaining 2/3 is controlled by Boko Haram. shocked
Funny but true.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by mikolo80: 1:25pm On Jun 28, 2012
GHANA WORKS NIGERIA DOESN'T FREEDOM OF SPEECH EXISTS ALL UNA WEN DE CURSE D MAN NEVER DO ANYTHIN TO MOVE NIGERIA FORWARD.MUMU MOB
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by gegee(m): 1:28pm On Jun 28, 2012
cooli am nigerian and neither is my spirit battered nor broken cool
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Revolutnz: 1:30pm On Jun 28, 2012
Wow! I hope these guys won't s**k GEJ dry bcoz of blood money. Well keep s**king him. Oya lick his dirty b*lls.He's about to cum. Yeah! That's more like it. Welldone.More blood money for you and your harlots.

Prof thanks.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by chromoTop: 1:31pm On Jun 28, 2012
its a comic relief and somewhat amusing to me when people deny facts even when its obvious for everyone to see.Millions live below the poverty level, graduates are jobless, the scanty brained ones have obliged to scamming, records are shattered on a weekly basis in the drug trafficking sector, almajiris having a field day. Youths have resorted to taking their own lives than face this shame we call unity, and some one has the gutsy nerve to say we are resillient? on what basia platfomoria do they based this analysis on. Guess on the back-stabbing, idle-frolicking, disgrace of BBA Our darling country has beating other Africans to for the time being. it must be said again, your country is a bunch of smart fools, even cameroon stuck with Paul-the-slow-poke-Biya will spread their teeth in relish at your GEJ.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by cardoso111(m): 1:31pm On Jun 28, 2012
Ayittey is seeking cheap populrity.ask him on tweeter how many development models has he done on Ghana:instead he is hiding away from home
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Adekdammy: 1:32pm On Jun 28, 2012
Maturity
shymmex: ^^^This isn't about me, it's about Nigeria...

Can we stick to the topic, please? cool
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by jt2010: 1:34pm On Jun 28, 2012
Mandelaguy: when I told hem I went to CCB an saw a copy,did any of them go their and be refused? Atleast the person can come here and challenge my claims. Lack of knowledge is a big diseas,that why the holy book( bible) said my people perish.

OP, You are lying and you know it. Most of the major Newspapers house that requested have all not gotten Mr. President declaration form so where you get your own from. undecided Oh, i forgot that you are officially, government of the day official blogger and Propagandist.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 28, 2012
Gbawe:
I can however not endorse outright falsehood, as a well-travelled Nigerians who sees things with his own two eyes, simply because I dislike the current situation in Nigeria. Look, I just got back from Ghana yesterday and these three Ghanaians talked about nothing, while we sat waiting to board, other than how they respect the tenacity, entrepreneurship and dynamism of Nigerians that has seen them "raise the bar everywhere" !!!! There take is different to Ayittey's because they are on the ground and perhaps honest enough to call a spade a spade !!!!

They raise the bar everywhere else except in Nigeria - but how come they can't transfer all these qualities to Nigeria itself? I'm not here to argue about individual qualities of the average Nigerian (everyone needs these qualities to compete in a globalized world). This is about the collective qualities of Nigerians, and how battered and broken they're in regards to nationhood.

The "entrepreneurship, dynamism and bustling energy" of Nigerians is more alive today than it has ever been. That is the truth and no patriotic Nigerian should entertain Ayittey when he moves beyond the brief of his economic and governance criticism to begin making crass generalisations about Nigerians that is simply not borne out by events on the ground and , in fact, actually makes Ayittey , as a Ghanaian, look distinctly Ostrich-like. It is not the entire submission of Ayittey you must support. At least be "Objective" enough to say this is right and this is wrong. Simple.

Patriotism isn't about being a blind follower of the status quo, and not being objective about what's attainable on the ground... We need to look at the man in the mirror and ask questions... I've analysed Prof. Ayittey's sentiments - and the guy is absolutely right...

This isn't about the messenger, but the message itself...

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by joeyfire(m): 1:35pm On Jun 28, 2012
I don't know why nigerians hate the truth. What does a world renowed economist have to gain by playing nigerian politics. Na so hilary clinton yarn we abused her black and blue till the results grew teeth and started biting us in the arse
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 28, 2012
Nigerians are insulted by this statement. We are the home of the richest man in Africa, and the home of the highest numbers of billionaires in Africa. Can you call such country failed state ? can you call those countrymen broken spirit ?
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by bisiaet: 1:47pm On Jun 28, 2012
Fine I understand what this is saying yes there are issue on ground in Nigeria BUT pls what a hell is this man headache about Nigeria affairs? The sick mouthed profesor so is Nigeria issue he want use now to win Nobel Prize or what? Or i guess all he live for is to study Nigeria isnit mr prof you must be sick on your head ok.

Are you the one to tell us we have problem we all know there is a serious demonic problem that has eluded all human solution but that is not the business of this so called most bastard citizen in land of africa second to south african idiots telling us bull shit.

Prof. Ayittey or Ayite or Aymad or Ayi crazy or Ayiidiots keep quiet and mind your business anyway I dont blame you when even the so called Nigeria government dont even know there rigt hand from there left hand, a confuse people, why would a silly ghanian not be saying blablabla people(Ghanians) who dont even understand meaning of independence in the first place NOT their fault at all. People are talking ghana too is talking God have mercy na God go punish every one that put Nigeria in this mess. Amennnnnnnnnnnnn.
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jun 28, 2012
And the talkative, sorry professor is here again. I'm not a judge or jury to say if He's right or wrong, he should proffer solutions rather than spill junks out of his mouth- what even makes him different from the GEJ for they both say junks. Of a truth the Nigerians I know, people like Shymmex have battered souls otherwise they would have seen that the 'nutty' professor is just an attention seeker.

Btw can the professor ever said anything good? At first GEJ was a lunatic, now 170million people have battered souls and broken spirit; can't this son of the devil shut his 'yatch' and face his profession? Or what good has he contributed to Africa all is life rather than insults?

Lest I forget, Nigeria is not the first country he's insulting, he's just doing the work of his father the Devil.

I know Nigeria has issues and its terrible but this guy should face his own business if he has any. Issues are already triggering issues and everybody is striving to make it better, we don't need 'talks' from morons like him. If he wanna help us, he should blow up national assembly-heheheheheheheheh
Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jun 28, 2012
chromoTop: its a comic relief and somewhat amusing to me when people deny facts even when its obvious for everyone to see.Millions live below the poverty level, graduates are jobless, the scanty brained ones have obliged to scamming, records are shattered on a weekly basis in the drug trafficking sector, almajiris having a field day. Youths have resorted to taking their own lives than face this shame we call unity, and some one has the gutsy nerve to say we are resillient? on what basia platfomoria do they based this analysis on. Guess on the back-stabbing, idle-frolicking, disgrace of BBA Our darling country has beating other Africans to for the time being. it must be said again, your country is a bunch of smart fools, even cameroon stuck with Paul-the-slow-poke-Biya will spread their teeth in relish at your GEJ.

what more can I say..you said it all.

Billyonaire: Nigerians are insulted by this statement. We are the home of the richest man in Africa, and the home of the highest numbers of billionaires in Africa. Can you call such country failed state ? can you call those countrymen broken spirit ?

what's the point of all the billonaires in the country when It's so obvious that their is massive unemployment.

The prof said the bitter truth to all those against the prof's speech, there is nothing wrong in being patriotic but have you sometimes wondered why Nigerians excel abroad if given a level and fair playing ground. A lot of graduates are jobless and still living in their parents house even at 30years of age, yet they watch the news to hear bout how politicians loot funds meant for development. How won't that kind of person be broken and depressed. Even if he decides to go into manufacturing as a means of self employment, the cost of diesel is enough to kill the idea or business.

if we don't get our house in order, nationals of Cotonou would start insulting us as well.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by tevinsolt: 1:57pm On Jun 28, 2012
tpapi: no sir,we only av 2 popularly respected fools on dis thread, u and shymmex

if you have the slightest sense and all sections of your brain are functioning well....you wouldn't have made such........you guys we'll never rise above your miseries, and you will always remain slaves to your leaders of Nigeria because of self pride in nothing and bigotry. Good luck explaining to your children in the future how you've tolerated misrule just like your fathers.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Battered Souls & Broken Spirits - Professor Ayittey by chromoTop: 1:57pm On Jun 28, 2012
bisiaet: Fine I understand what this is saying yes there are issue on ground in Nigeria BUT pls what a hell is this man headache about Nigeria affairs? The sick mouthed profesor so is Nigeria issue he want use now to win Nobel Prize or what? Or i guess all he live for is to study Nigeria isnit mr prof you must be sick on your head ok.

Are you the one to tell us we have problem we all know there is a serious demonic problem that has eluded all human solution but that is not the business of this so called most bastard citizen in land of africa second to south african idiots telling us bull shit.

Prof. Ayittey or Ayite or Aymad or Ayi crazy or Ayiidiots keep quiet and mind your business anyway I dont blame when even the so called Nigeria government dont even know there rigt hand from there left hand, a confuse people, why would a silly ghanian not blablabla people who don even understand meaning of independence in the first place NOT their fault at all. People are talking ghana too is talking God have mercy na God go punish every one that put Nigeria in this mess. Amennnnnnnnnnnnn.
Do you understand what GLOBALIZATION is or you just chose to flip that side of the dictionary over? what has the US got to do with Syria? what has Germany got to do with Spain's economic crisis? why would your country's Aunty Ndi Okereke of the renowned SE organize a fund-rasing gala in the spirirt of Obama?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

VP Osinbajo Meets With China's Ambassador To Nigieria, Mr. Gu Xiaojie / Reports Of Osinbajo’s Valentine’s Day Trip False, Mischievous – Presidency / Atiku: Wrong Computation Of Election Results In 11 States Caused My Defeat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.