Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,244 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:30 AM

Do Babies Need Drugs Before They Start Teething? Mothers Pls Help!!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Babies Need Drugs Before They Start Teething? Mothers Pls Help!!! (13047 Views)

Opinion From Mothers Pls / Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? / What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Babies Need Drugs Before They Start Teething? Mothers Pls Help!!! by chytai(f): 5:23pm On Jun 28, 2012
I am a first time mother and my baby is 3months old, i just want to when to start giving my baby drugs 4 teething and whether its necesary. Pls mothers help a first timer out!!!
Re: Do Babies Need Drugs Before They Start Teething? Mothers Pls Help!!! by SisiKill1: 7:29pm On Jun 28, 2012
I'm not a mother oooh but ehm. . . I have never heard where they give baby medicine to start teething. It's a natural process naa and most baby start teething between six and seven months.

Now if you are talking about drugs like teething powders and orajel to relieve the pain from teething, that's a different story all together.
Re: Do Babies Need Drugs Before They Start Teething? Mothers Pls Help!!! by PrettyCindy(f): 8:49pm On Jun 28, 2012
Madam please relax yourself ok. Your baby is just 3months old. Some babies start growing teeth at 4months, some at 6months, some at 8months. Its never the same for baby A and baby B. If your baby doesn't start teething by 6 months, it doesn't mean that something is wrong with him.
My baby is 6months plus and he hasn't started teething at all but he has started standing and can comfortably stand on his own holding onto something.

Don't ever make the mistake of comparing your baby with another. Your baby will achieve all developmental milestones when he wants.

Why don't you subscribe to mother/ baby websites so they will be sending you weekly news letters of what to expect in your baby. From my observation, i have been following them since i was pregnant till date and they are always right 99.9% of the time. You can google babycentre, smartmomma, whattoexpect or just type the age of your baby in google search bar and you will get lots of results and all the info on your baby.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Babies Need Drugs Before They Start Teething? Mothers Pls Help!!! by chytai(f): 9:52pm On Jun 28, 2012
thanks @ sisi_kill and pretty cindy am now relieved.
Re: Do Babies Need Drugs Before They Start Teething? Mothers Pls Help!!! by agiboma(f): 10:18pm On Jun 28, 2012
@ op i am not sure where you are located but i never gave my son anything for teething except his frozn ice cold toy to soothe the gums. I was told by a medical professional that medications such as baby ambusol can do more harm than good. Its a popular medication in Canada. The problem with the drug is that it works to well, it freezes the gums and can also make the tongue numb so it can fall back in teh through and block the airway. The best thing to do is to not medicate for teething issues. Dont worry about your baby when they need you they will let you know. Those little people are very good @ that. wink

1 Like

Re: Do Babies Need Drugs Before They Start Teething? Mothers Pls Help!!! by chytai(f): 10:26pm On Jun 28, 2012
agiboma thanks alot and God bless u.
Re: Do Babies Need Drugs Before They Start Teething? Mothers Pls Help!!! by Daresh(f): 11:35pm On Jun 28, 2012
Hmmnn! Wonders shall never end! You want to give teething medicine to a 3 month old? Does she or he have teeth? What exactly is the medicine for? Pls ehn, don't dull the baby, when he/she starts teething, use bonjela and rub into the gums with a clean finger. Give the baby a teething ring. All these Nigerian moms that don't want to learn good things just tales from daft ols women. I NEVER used an daft teething medicine on my kids and they have beautiful teeth. You no hear of teething medicine wey kill over 60 babies? Be warned!
Re: Do Babies Need Drugs Before They Start Teething? Mothers Pls Help!!! by PrettyCindy(f): 6:54am On Jun 29, 2012
@aigboma, please throw more light on the frozen iced cold toy for soothing gums.
Re: Do Babies Need Drugs Before They Start Teething? Mothers Pls Help!!! by claudia50(f): 10:10am On Jul 01, 2017
D baby must not have teeth,,,,,,,, they begins to manifest symptoms of teething seen in their poo(bubbles) , irritability even when their is no colic........ Clinging to breast even done with feeding n even sleepy using it to sooth their gums........get relief when managed for teething, flatulence stomach medicine(grape water) and a little more attention..... For testing drugs their pack always say 2.5mls.....d truth is d baby's weight determine d dosage........... Kudos to all the mama in d house........ And yes teething drugs are good and useful when the right dosage is given kiss
Re: Do Babies Need Drugs Before They Start Teething? Mothers Pls Help!!! by Iamesther(f): 11:34am On Jul 01, 2017
as MBBS accredited and what's standard of MBBS in abuja? Also what's was MBBS cutoff last year?

(1) (Reply)

Ever Considered Changing Your Name? / Palm Kernel Oil And Coconut Oil. ( Adin Eyan Ati Adin Agbon) Available Here! / I Love My Sister In Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.