Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,944 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? (8445 Views)

Woman Climbing Fence With Backed Baby (photo) / Do Babies Need Drugs Before They Start Teething? Mothers Pls Help!!! / What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Mynd44: 8:42am On Mar 31, 2013
I have this neighbour who has a lovely 3 month old girl. The girl is cute and smiles a lot but the poop part is not fun. I discovered that this child does not sleep much in the afternoon when placed on a bed or chair, she only sleeps long when she is "Backed" by either the mother or someone else. I thought I was the only one who noticed this until her mother too mentioned it.

I also know some kids takes their mother's wrapper and goes to some older women asking to be "Backed" I have seen it happen a lot and my mum has been harrassed by kids too. These women do it so effortlessly and I wonder why the kids want it so much.

I asked around and someone said the kids enjoy the warmth the body of another human give but this is Nigeria and it is hot already. Someone else said the baby feels more secure but I don't get the security. I wish I remember when I was a child and if I liked it.

What do you think? Do babies enjoy being backed more than being on the bed or it is the same for you?
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by bigt2(m): 8:53am On Mar 31, 2013
Did u enjoyed being backed when u were an infant op?
The answer is probably uncertain because then, u cant tell which one u like, u just sleep or cry! embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Princeparix(m): 8:56am On Mar 31, 2013
Hmmm_kids are unique creations or perhaps a unique stage in the human existance, a stage so hard to understand especially wen dey aint talking.

NA KIDS SABI O
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by greatgod2012(f): 9:02am On Mar 31, 2013
Yes! Very many of them enjoy backing, even, my last baby that is 2 years old will go and bring wraper and be asked to be backed, so, many of them enjoy it, you cant compare the heat of the back to the harsh weather outside.
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Nobody: 9:29am On Mar 31, 2013
It is wat u trained them with dat they will grow up loving.there r countries dat don't back and their little ones won't request for dat either.

1 Like

Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Nobody: 9:33am On Mar 31, 2013
Even guys enjoy being backed by their woman,muchless babies.

4 Likes

Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by k2039: 9:39am On Mar 31, 2013
[size=13pt] We are what we repeatedly do. Backing is a habit.
Backing is a program that is written subconsciously into the kid.
[/size]
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Frosti(m): 10:37am On Mar 31, 2013
I have to find a baby that will be able to answer this question.

2 Likes

Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Mynd44: 10:43am On Mar 31, 2013
Frosti: I have to find a baby that will be able to answer this question.
Please do ooo
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by LadyTC: 11:03am On Mar 31, 2013
I asked around and someone said the kids enjoy the warmth the body of another human give but this is Nigeria and it is hot already. Someone else said the baby feels more secure but I don't get the security. I wish I remember when I was a child and if I liked it.

What do you think? Do babies enjoy being backed more than being on the bed or it is the same for you?[/quote]

Yes there is a feeling of security. A lot of premature babies respond when in the arms of their mothers. There is a soothing feeling. Just like cuddling. They must feel that peace and security.even strength.

4 Likes

Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Nobody: 5:12pm On Mar 31, 2013
Yomieluv: Even guys enjoy being backed by their woman,muchless babies.
hahahah cheesy back a grown a,,ss adult ke? My back will just break cheesy when e no be pikin.infact any pikin wey don pass 3years,i no go gree back am cheesy
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 31, 2013
My nephew loves it..and he is almost freakin 3yrs old angry
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Princeparix(m): 6:22pm On Mar 31, 2013
mondi_cheeks: My son loves it..and he is almost freakin 3yrs old angry
do u mean dis?*just a joke ma'am*
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 31, 2013
Princeparix: do u mean dis?*just a joke ma'am*
he has 2 legs that can walk like everybody else grin
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Princeparix(m): 7:05pm On Mar 31, 2013
mondi_cheeks: he has 2 legs that can walk like everybody else grin
so, is he?
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Mar 31, 2013
kulyie: hahahah cheesy back a grown a,,ss adult ke? My back will just break cheesy when e no be pikin.infact any pikin wey don pass 3years,i no go gree back am cheesy

You should ask the type of "backed" he meant cheesy.

At post, i think it's a sense of security, my little baby enjoys laying on my chest to sleep long, now am trying new method that will guaranty the security she much needs......by placing her in her big crib with a pacifier...maybe when she becomes a toddler or of age, she will want a big bed for her self smiley
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Emmyk(m): 1:15am On Apr 01, 2013
Princeparix: do u mean dis?*just a joke ma'am*
Awkward moment when she cant even find your joke. !Buhahahahahahahahahaheheh.
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Chaulay1: 11:42am On Apr 01, 2013
I don't tink it is all babies dat enjoy being backed. my baby is going to 2mths now and on 2 occasions dat I tried backing her, she was fidgeting and whimpering and I had to put her down after sometime when I realised dat she was not just comfortable with it. Some pple said she reacted like dat because she is not used to it and dat I started rather late. Whereas I'm tinking she's even too young to be backed. Well, anyhow sha.
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Osyxcel(m): 12:16pm On Apr 01, 2013
I don't think a baby that's used to a baby carriage wud like such....guess it's just a habit...

However, some babies tend to display some preferences outside wat they are used to....
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by LordReed(m): 12:42pm On Apr 01, 2013
I remember my childhood enough to know I both loved and hated it. I loved it because of the human warmth and the deep chest rumbles the "backers" voice or the reverbs of my own voice against the back, combined these made it easy to drift off to sleep. I hated it when my hands and legs were constrained within the cloth; often I would cry and fight to have them out of the cloth before the tying. Also the heat sometimes was disturbing.

2 Likes

Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Gloriagee(f): 3:54pm On Apr 01, 2013
I'm completely clueless when it comes to backing babies o. Is this a skill dt comes naturally or is one yu pick up wit practice? R there any repercussions if I don't back my baby, pls?
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Mynd44: 4:01pm On Apr 01, 2013
Gloriagee: I'm completely clueless when it comes to backing babies o. Is this a skill dt comes naturally or is one yu pick up wit practice? R there any repercussions if I don't back my baby, pls?
There are no repercussions ma'am but it is kinda expedient especially if you have thing to do around the house and the child is screaming for attention.

And I don't think there is a skill. You will learn when your baby arrives. There will always be someone closeby who is willing to teach you how to do it
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Apr 01, 2013
yellowpawpaw: It is wat u trained them with dat they will grow up loving.there r countries dat don't back and their little ones won't request for dat either.

Leave story ^^ ALL babies Loooove the warmth and sound of your heartbeat for security when they are backed.

My oyinbo neighbour backed all his ( yes a man cos wife's kinda d umb) kids we raised together with mine ( same age group) ..... I trained him no be small thing oh cheesy come see oyinbo kids sleep like a koala cheesy
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Princeparix(m): 4:30pm On Apr 01, 2013
Emmyk: Awkward moment when she cant even find your joke. !Buhahahahahahahahahaheheh.
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by adieora(f): 4:51pm On Apr 01, 2013
Mynd_44:
Please do ooo

Very stupid question.
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by logica(m): 4:58pm On Apr 01, 2013
jidegirl12:

ALL babies Loooove the warmth and sound of your heartbeat for security when they are backed.

I thought this was general knowledge. It is as close as they can get to the feeling in the womb (where the heartbeat was the loudest constant sound).

1 Like

Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Gabrielsylar(m): 5:05pm On Apr 01, 2013
U mean canine style?
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by tessybaby(f): 5:09pm On Apr 01, 2013
I rarely back my babies, can't stand the weight on my back. I have very big babies.
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by DammyFx: 5:14pm On Apr 01, 2013
Obviously that don't, but it's there first torture in life and they have to get used to it, Until they can walk and refused been backed ..
AIRTEL UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD CHEAT
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 01, 2013
logica: I thought this was general knowledge. It is as close as they can get to the feeling in the womb (where the heartbeat was the loudest constant sound).

Yessereee grin......It only makes sense right? Even if we break it down to percentage of 'back haters' grin ( never say never right?) .... I'm pretty sure won't be greater than 5%....

my neighbour's changed my general perception bout 'backing' that its not limited to African kids only.

And Africa is the Largest continent? ( True? sorry I don't like Geography grin)

To back up my point ;http://www.gorgeousbaby.ca/beco-gemini-carrier/444-ashley.html

1 Like

Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Apr 01, 2013
i think its uncomfortable by the looks of it
Re: Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? by GalaxyNoteII: 5:28pm On Apr 01, 2013
Yea, lemme try to dig my memory back to my baby days. . . .aiight. . . okay.

Lemme try to remember if I liked swimming in her amniotic sac too.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See As Husband Is Whipping Wife Mercilessly With A Belt (must See For All Ladies / Nigerian Men Have Failed Their Women / 4 Ways Co-Parenting Can Be Beneficial To Kids From Broken Homes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.