Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,044 members, 7,818,140 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

Great Nairaland Bible Teachers How Do You Interpret These 2 Verses - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Great Nairaland Bible Teachers How Do You Interpret These 2 Verses (1004 Views)

Nairaland Bible Quiz.. Season2 / Group Version Of Nairaland Bible Quiz-for Everyone,especially You / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Great Nairaland Bible Teachers How Do You Interpret These 2 Verses by buzugee(m): 10:53am On Jun 29, 2012
REVELATION 12 VS 4 His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that he might devour her child the moment it was born.

HABBAKUK 2 VS 15 Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their unclothedness!
Re: Great Nairaland Bible Teachers How Do You Interpret These 2 Verses by nyameke: 10:29pm On Jun 29, 2012
There is a one or two explanations for the revelations verse you quoted and you and I have gone back and forth with on another thread a while back so I will leave that alone..

Now I have really not thought about your second quote but I will give my perspective on it based on how I understand certain things.."
Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their unclothedness!"
Literally it means what it says but I think there is a deeper meaning to this verse when you break it down to its essence. Why? Well the secret to the real meaning of that quote would lie in the word "unclothedness"
The first meaning people would associate with that word is nudeness or having no clothing on, but.t naked etc ..

But that word could also mean a lot of things..If I tell you buzugee my most innermost fears, dreams and my most guarded secrets, now that's true unclothedness because I have laid bare and open up my soul to you..It makes one vulnerable and powerless.

Now imagine you using deceptive means to get to rhat part of me (barest part of my soul) without me willingly telling you my most guarded secrets and fears.. That's foul play

So the essence of that quote is woe onto those who uses act of deceptions to get to that unclothedness of others..

Let me also add that literally it doesn't make sense to get your neighbor drunk just so you can gaze at their naked body. That would be an act of gayism provided your neighbor happens to be another man.. And if it was a warning to gayism I believe the scriptures would have been more specific and used the word "man" instead of "neighbor " , because your neighbor could be a male or female..

To conclude I guess those who would go with the literal meaning would have their reasons but I choose to go with it essence. Let see what others have to say
Re: Great Nairaland Bible Teachers How Do You Interpret These 2 Verses by buzugee(m): 10:56pm On Jun 29, 2012
nyameke: There is a one or two explanations for the revelations verse you quoted and you and I have gone back and forth with on another thread a while back so I will leave that alone..

Now I have really not thought about your second quote but I will give my perspective on it based on how I understand certain things.."
Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their unclothedness!"
Literally it means what it says but I think there is a deeper meaning to this verse when you break it down to its essence. Why? Well the secret to the real meaning of that quote would lie in the word "unclothedness"
The first meaning people would associate with that word is nudeness or having no clothing on, but.t naked etc ..

But that word could also mean a lot of things..If I tell you buzugee my most innermost fears, dreams and my most guarded secrets, now that's true unclothedness because I have laid bare and open up my soul to you..It makes one vulnerable and powerless.

Now imagine you using deceptive means to get to rhat part of me (barest part of my soul) without me willingly telling you my most guarded secrets and fears.. That's foul play

So the essence of that quote is woe onto those who uses act of deceptions to get to that unclothedness of others..

Let me also add that literally it doesn't make sense to get your neighbor drunk just so you can gaze at their naked body. That would be an act of gayism provided your neighbor happens to be another man.. And if it was a warning to gayism I believe the scriptures would have been more specific and used the word "man" instead of "neighbor " , because your neighbor could be a male or female..

To conclude I guess those who would go with the literal meaning would have their reasons but I choose to go with it essence. Let see what others have to say
Thanks Nyameke and i appreciate your insight, and may i add that it is quite insightful wink
Re: Great Nairaland Bible Teachers How Do You Interpret These 2 Verses by nyameke: 11:12pm On Jun 29, 2012
buzugee: Thanks Nyameke and i appreciate your insight, and may i add that it is quite insightful wink
lol thanks for your insightful comment.. btw what's your take on it. What you think
Re: Great Nairaland Bible Teachers How Do You Interpret These 2 Verses by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 11:13pm On Jun 29, 2012
buzugee: REVELATION 12 VS 4 His tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth. The dragon stood in front of the woman who was about to give birth, so that he might devour her child the moment it was born.

HABBAKUK 2 VS 15 Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their unclothedness!

Reads very straight-forward-like to me - some rare verses where things are not so muddled-up in mystery. I can identify with Habbakuk though grin reminds me of my Uni years at parties where we got girls drunk so we mayest look on their unclothedness!! grin
Re: Great Nairaland Bible Teachers How Do You Interpret These 2 Verses by buzugee(m): 11:38pm On Jun 29, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

Reads very straight-forward-like to me - some rare verses where things are not so muddled-up in mystery. I can identify with Habbakuk though grin reminds me of my Uni years at parties where we got girls drunk so we mayest look on their unclothedness!! grin
grin grin grin Oh yeah those days. memories lol. you are right though those verses are not as convoluted as some i pulled out earlier. i was looking for convoluted hard to crack verses but couldnt find any so i picked these two
Re: Great Nairaland Bible Teachers How Do You Interpret These 2 Verses by buzugee(m): 11:47pm On Jun 29, 2012
nyameke: lol thanks for your insightful comment.. btw what's your take on it. What you think
an insightful retort. grin

well here is my take on it. what is a mans protection ? God. if a man is without God, he is n-aked. Now there are deliberate attempts made by some diabolical people in this world to make a person n-aked so they can laugh and be amused at their na-kedness. a good example will be what is happening to the black community in america. everything that is happening to the black community in america is by design. the community is pumped full of liquor stores, drugs, guns, and diseases by the 'powers that be' so as to keep these people n-aked and then the 'powers that be' can gawk in amazement at their unclothedness. this is done by design because the blacks in america are part of the real jews who were fulfilling the deuteronomy 28 vs 68 prophesy when they were put on cargo slave ships and sold as slaves in america. so basically the intention here is to keep them stupid and dumb so that they dont wake up to the fact that they are the real jews. this is done by all the things i mentioned and with the media. rap music culture is a way of also keeping them na-ked. its all a conspiracy to keep the real jews away from their heritage by keeping them away from their protection, God ( hence making them n-aked ). so by feeding them all those things, they are putting a bottle to them so they can be drunk and na-ked and look at their n-akedness
Re: Great Nairaland Bible Teachers How Do You Interpret These 2 Verses by nyameke: 12:27am On Jun 30, 2012
buzugee: an insightful retort. grin

well here is my take on it. what is a mans protection ? God. if a man is without God, he is n-aked. Now there are deliberate attempts made by some diabolical people in this world to make a person n-aked so they can laugh and be amused at their na-kedness. a good example will be what is happening to the black community in america. everything that is happening to the black community in america is by design. the community is pumped full of liquor stores, drugs, guns, and diseases by the 'powers that be' so as to keep these people n-aked and then the 'powers that be' can gawk in amazement at their unclothedness. this is done by design because the blacks in america are part of the real jews who were fulfilling the deuteronomy 28 vs 68 prophesy when they were put on cargo slave ships and sold as slaves in america. so basically the intention here is to keep them stupid and dumb so that they dont wake up to the fact that they are the real jews. this is done by all the things i mentioned and with the media. rap music culture is a way of also keeping them na-ked. its all a conspiracy to keep the real jews away from their heritage by keeping them away from their protection, God ( hence making them n-aked ). so by feeding them all those things, they are putting a bottle to them so they can be drunk and na-ked and look at their n-akedness

cheesy lol I didn't think it was a retort but ( whateva in my new York accent )..

Btw your take is another angle and perspective on an insightful quote... Oh and why your fascination with Jews and blacks..Do you realise that not all blacks are Jews?
Re: Great Nairaland Bible Teachers How Do You Interpret These 2 Verses by buzugee(m): 12:45am On Jun 30, 2012
nyameke:

cheesy lol I didn't think it was a retort but ( whateva in my new York accent )..

Btw your take is another angle and perspective on an insightful quote... Oh and why your fascination with Jews and blacks..Do you realise that not all blacks are Jews?
Wasnt quite a retort but i just figured ill keep the rhymefest going wink

you are right in that not all black people are jews. there are two kinds of black people. the hamitic and the shemitic black people. only the shemitic black people are jews. the hamitic black people will be the somalians, ethiopians, fulanis, hausas, erritreans ( they are easily recognizable and have a different spirit ). My fascination with jews and blacks ? brother that is the secret and the key to this world as we know it. the people who are supposed to be the spiritual guide to the whole world are in darkness and as such the world is in darkness. that is why the world has been converted to hell ( romans 11 vs 11 ) ( job 9 vs 24 ) ( revelation 6 vs 4 ). the whole rulership of the world is upside down ( ecclesiastes 10 vs 6 and 7 ). the spiritual guides of the world are in the valley of dry bones ( ezekiel 37 ). they are spiritually dead. walking zombies. however this is by design. the situation will be reversed. however if you are a deep thinking man, your sanity is incumbent on knowing why things are the way they are. the what how when and why. its just that simple.
Re: Great Nairaland Bible Teachers How Do You Interpret These 2 Verses by nyameke: 1:23am On Jun 30, 2012
buzugee: Wasnt quite a retort but i just figured ill keep the rhymefest going wink

you are right in that not all black people are jews. there are two kinds of black people. the hamitic and the shemitic black people. only the shemitic black people are jews. the hamitic black people will be the somalians, ethiopians, fulanis, hausas, erritreans ( they are easily recognizable and have a different spirit ). My fascination with jews and blacks ? brother that is the secret and the key to this world as we know it. the people who are supposed to be the spiritual guide to the whole world are in darkness and as such the world is in darkness. that is why the world has been converted to hell ( romans 11 vs 11 ) ( job 9 vs 24 ) ( revelation 6 vs 4 ). the whole rulership of the world is upside down ( ecclesiastes 10 vs 6 and 7 ). the spiritual guides of the world are in the valley of dry bones ( ezekiel 37 ). they are spiritually dead. walking zombies. however this is by design. the situation will be reversed. however if you are a deep thinking man, your sanity is incumbent on knowing why things are the way they are. the what how when and why. its just that simple.
yea I figured what you was doing but my rhymes and rapping skills ended in junior high so I had to end the game by game by going for the upper cut cheesy ...

yes I know the different kinds of black people but I wanted to know where you were going with you Jews and blacks rhetoric.. And since we are on that topic let me also add the Egyptians to that list..

And based on your previous statement are you insinuating that west Africans are the forgotten Israelites?
Re: Great Nairaland Bible Teachers How Do You Interpret These 2 Verses by buzugee(m): 1:51am On Jun 30, 2012
nyameke: yea I figured what you was doing but my rhymes and rapping skills ended in junior high so I had to end the game by game by going for the upper cut cheesy ...

yes I know the different kinds of black people but I wanted to know where you were going with you Jews and blacks rhetoric.. And since we are on that topic let me also add the Egyptians to that list..

And based on your previous statement are you insinuating that west Africans are the forgotten Israelites?
yeah the ancient egyptians were hamitic. the ancient egyptians are modern day somalians. they were displaced from that land by the ishmaelites (arabs) and greeks and romans .

israelites will be west africans and their offshoots all over the world which will be
1-haitians
2-brazillians
3-african americans
4- native americans and hispanics ( they were black people called the olmecs who travelled to the americas in the 800 bc after the assyrian captivity who got co-mingled with moabites ( chinese ) from bering strait.
5-south africa is also a migratory route of the israelites when they got kicked out of israel and hence we have the levite tribes from the lemba people in south africa and other parts of africa.
Re: Great Nairaland Bible Teachers How Do You Interpret These 2 Verses by buzugee(m): 2:04am On Jun 30, 2012
Re: Great Nairaland Bible Teachers How Do You Interpret These 2 Verses by buzugee(m): 2:04am On Jun 30, 2012
Re: Great Nairaland Bible Teachers How Do You Interpret These 2 Verses by buzugee(m): 2:05am On Jun 30, 2012
Re: Great Nairaland Bible Teachers How Do You Interpret These 2 Verses by nyameke: 2:13am On Jun 30, 2012
buzugee: yeah the ancient egyptians were hamitic. the ancient egyptians are modern day somalians. they were displaced from that land by the ishmaelites (arabs) and greeks and romans .

israelites will be west africans and their offshoots all over the world which will be
1-haitians
2-brazillianso
3-african americans
4- native americans and hispanics ( they were black people called the olmecs who travelled to the americas in the 800 bc after the assyrian captivity who got co-mingled with moabites ( chinese ) from bering strait.
5-south africa is also a migratory route of the israelites when they got kicked out of israel and hence we have the levite tribes from the lemba people in south africa and other parts of africa.
ok your last sentence on other parts of Africa settled it so we good ...

You had said the blacks in America are part of the real jews and since most if not all the slaves came from west Africa as you rightly pointed out, I thought you was alluding to west Africans and the slaves offshoot being the ONLY Israelites.. Because I knew they were scattered out all over the " world"
Re: Great Nairaland Bible Teachers How Do You Interpret These 2 Verses by buzugee(m): 2:14am On Jun 30, 2012
Re: Great Nairaland Bible Teachers How Do You Interpret These 2 Verses by nyameke: 2:20am On Jun 30, 2012
Well you didn't have to post those videos because I'm 99.9 if not 100 % certain that the Israelites are or were blacks just like the Egyptians..

Then again it might help those who are not aware..
Re: Great Nairaland Bible Teachers How Do You Interpret These 2 Verses by buzugee(m): 2:22am On Jun 30, 2012
nyameke: ok your last sentence on other parts of Africa settled it so we good ...

You had said the blacks in America are part of the real jews and since most if not all the slaves came from west Africa as you rightly pointed out, I thought you was alluding to west Africans and the slaves offshoot being the ONLY Israelites.. Because I knew they were scattered out all over the " world"
oh we are all over the world. we got scattered all over. some ran into india ( called the land of elam in biblical days ), some ran into europe ( and ruled europe in the dark ages ), some had already left before they finally got kicked out of northeast africa ( israel ) by the romans, they went to the americas and became the olmecs. however the majority of them ran into west africa. so west africa is the stronghold of hebrew israelites all over the world. this is the 'wilderness' described in the book of revelation 12 vs 14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. the woman is the israelites, the dragon is the roman empire and the wilderness is interior africa ( west and south africa ).
Re: Great Nairaland Bible Teachers How Do You Interpret These 2 Verses by buzugee(m): 2:27am On Jun 30, 2012
nyameke: Well you didn't have to post those videos because I'm 99.9 if not 100 % certain that the Israelites are or were blacks just like the Egyptians..

Then again it might help those who are not aware..
LOL glad to hear i didnt have to post the videos. i hardly post videos or even talk about issues like this in depth to black people. a lot of them think you are crazy or loosing your mind if you bring up such topics. all they want to talk about is cars or dbanj or clothes or money. all spiritually dead. walking zombies. enjoying habiting in the valley of dry bones. our people dont like knowledge. and the lord said because you have rejected knowledge i have rejected thee. and they wonder why there is so much calamity in africa

hosea 4 vs 6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you shall be no priest to me: because you have forgotten the law of your God, I will also forget your children.

amos 3 vs 6 When disaster comes to a city, has not the LORD caused it? thats judgement from the lord. earth is where you recieve judgements ( ecclesiastes 3 vs 16 )
Re: Great Nairaland Bible Teachers How Do You Interpret These 2 Verses by nyameke: 2:33am On Jun 30, 2012
buzugee: oh we are all over the world. we got scattered all over. some ran into india ( called the land of elam in biblical days ), some ran into europe ( and ruled europe in the dark ages ), some had already left before they finally got kicked out of northeast africa ( israel ) by the romans, they went to the americas and became the olmecs. however the majority of them ran into west africa. so west africa is the stronghold of hebrew israelites all over the world. this is the 'wilderness' described in the book of revelation 12 vs 14 And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent. the woman is israel, the dragon is the roman empire and the wilderness is interior africa ( west and south africa ).
lol I agree with everything you just said except your quote and its connectedness to the topic but you and I will het into that another time..
Re: Great Nairaland Bible Teachers How Do You Interpret These 2 Verses by buzugee(m): 2:54am On Jun 30, 2012
nyameke: lol I agree with everything you just said except your quote and its connectedness to the topic but you and I will het into that another time..
LOL no hassles but trust me, the whole revelation 12 is all about the israelites and the roman empire. i have studied all 22 chapters in the book of revelation and can break it all down for you.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Said MouthAction Is Wrong In Marriage / Private Jets: Pastor Bakare Under Fire / Jim Iyke's Deliverance At The Scoan Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.