Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,985 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

The Religion of Atheism by a Brother - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Religion of Atheism by a Brother (2290 Views)

The Glamour Of Atheism / FAITH=DOUBT, RELIGIOUS FAITH= Extreme Form Of Atheism. We Are All Atheists(2) / The Cowardice Of Atheism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 29, 2012
Atheists are free to express their religion – one of unbelief. They are also free to believe in Evolution. Both of these are expressions of their faith – making it a religion. If anyone honestly studied the theory of evolution, they would know this. Even the famous atheist Dawkins acknowledged that there was some outside force of intelligence in the creation, yet he refused to give God the glory.

God grants us all free will to either choose or reject His existence and power. This country also has laws that support freedom of religion. While I wish they would join us, I must understand that after having done all to share as the Lord commands us, I must let them go. Sometimes these proofs of God are more than words, but they are also demonstrated by supernatural powers, such as in healings or prophecies.

And as Atheism is their religion, I stand with God in supporting their free will decision of choice. I do not want to go into their homes and arrest them, I don’t want to sue them, nor do I want to see them harmed because of their unbelief. I know there will be consequences for their rejection, and that is between them and God. I know there is a day of reckoning and if they fail to come forth, I weep for them because in the end they will know they were wrong and it will be too late.

Interestingly, I find it hypocritical that atheists attempt to stop us who do believe. They wish to deny us any rights to express our faith. Because they hate the Word of God and its author, they will resist Him anywhere His voice may be found, their own arguments expressing their hypocrisy. Churches are routinely burned down and Christians are still being killed every single day. Ungodly laws are drafted and supported by ungodly men. It brings to mind Hitler and his genocide.

But God is not mocked and His voice cannot be silenced. It is everywhere, in the creation, in the change of seasons, God is in the waves of the ocean coming forth and stopping, and in the seed sprouting forth life. His handiwork is in the heavens and there is no speech nor language where their voice is not heard.

God IS — יהוה He is YHWH – the Great I am – the self existent one. Even within His name, Christ and the cross is revealed – the hand, the outstretched arm, and the nail, is contained in the very letters in the Name of God.

No, there is no speech nor language where He is not heard. There is no where on earth where his power is not seen. And there is no where in the things that God has created where Christ is not revealed.
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 29, 2012
Master Piece !!
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:25pm On Jun 29, 2012
I think it borders on cruel, barbaric and undeniably inhuman behavior that Atheism would be classified as a Religion by anyone. it is typical thinking for Religious folks to try to associate or leverage on a position that allows them to attack other religions or thinking on equal terms or better yet, at a perceived higher position.
There are obviously many positive virtues in Religion, however there are three times as many vices, faults and dehumanizing values in Religion. The Argument is flawed from the beginning but that is not the real danger. The real danger is that severely closed-minded folks will latch on to this flawed position and make it a daily mantra for the rest of their lives. A sad travesty indeed.
Christianity (even more than islam) thrusts itself on it unwilling audience and threatens you with eternal damnation and soul-death if you do not submit - I can only tolerate this because as closely-similar as it is to ISLAM, Christians hardly actualize their threat, it speaks volumes.

Indeed it is a Master Piece. one that Hitler would have been proud of had he the time to come upon it. it is a potent composition for sub-human servitude and eternal stupidity. It bears the very seeds of dehumanization. You can lap it up like the obedient dog you are (well not you personally -the sheeple more like) - or pass it up for the regurgitated chaff that it truly is and practice the aspects of Religion that encourages Wisdom,Knowledge and Understanding - not this Meecrob. PEACE (See you in Church on Sunday)
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jun 29, 2012
Many similarities exit between Christianity and Atheism
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:37pm On Jun 29, 2012
toba.:
Many similarities exit between Christianity and Atheism

If you will agree to discount superficial similarities akin to saying because we both have eyes, then we are human. that line of reasoning is what is bringing about this uncomfortable association.
When truly devout Christians (and there are some on Nairaland) encourage and practice humanizing injunctions in the Bible - it imbues their thinking and actions with elements that contribute meaningfully to the rest of humanity. (An Atheist is no less moral than a devout Christian who practices what he preaches)
ISLAM is a Religion (of Peace) why is it not comparable to Athesim,let us work with ISLAM instead of Christianity after-all, they are both Religions are they not?
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jun 29, 2012
Not at all.

Similarities exit in beliefs and practising the beliefs
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:56pm On Jun 29, 2012
toba.:
Not at all.

Similarities exit in beliefs and practising the beliefs

Please proceed to explain. I must advice that you do not submit lists or articles that are cleverly sprinkled with unfounded assumptions and leveraged to cement the argument that atheism is a religion - I would gladly wish it were but it is simply a position in thought open to reason and the ever-growing evidence the previously unknown presents. you have kept me from my pillow grin
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by Nobody: 11:01pm On Jun 29, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt: I think it borders on cruel, barbaric and undeniably inhuman behavior that Atheism would be classified as a Religion by anyone. it is typical thinking for Religious folks to try to associate or leverage on a position that allows them to attack other religions or thinking on equal terms or better yet, at a perceived higher position.
There are obviously many positive virtues in Religion, however there are three times as many vices, faults and dehumanizing values in Religion. The Argument is flawed from the beginning but that is not the real danger. The real danger is that severely closed-minded folks will latch on to this flawed position and make it a daily mantra for the rest of their lives. A sad travesty indeed.
Christianity (even more than islam) thrusts itself on it unwilling audience and threatens you with eternal damnation and soul-death if you do not submit - I can only tolerate this because as closely-similar as it is to ISLAM, Christians hardly actualize their threat, it speaks volumes.

Indeed it is a Master Piece. one that Hitler would have been proud of had he the time to come upon it. it is a potent composition for sub-human servitude and eternal stupidity. It bears the very seeds of dehumanization. You can lap it up like the obedient dog you are (well not you personally -the sheeple more like) - or pass it up for the regurgitated chaff that it truly is and practice the aspects of Religion that encourages Wisdom,Knowledge and Understanding - not this Meecrob. PEACE (See you in Church on Sunday)

Each man to his own, go do your thing, as our Muslim folk will say, there is no compulsion in religion.

Suffice me to say, that Atheism , especially the new brand is a religion for all it's intents and purposes.

There is a seething anger, something quite remarkably cruel about this religion, a mocking, intolerant and almost Stalinist attribute to it, seeking to suppress and oppress the faith of the new and the few, I say depart from us you all, practise your religion and leave us to practise ours.

We will do what we deem fit for our salvation.

All the articles that spam this beloved board of ours, day and night ,have almost turned this forum into a Nazi style camp with the brownshirts bullying, intimidating and mocking the sheeple.

Go away y'all I say grin grin grin
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by logicboy01: 11:11pm On Jun 29, 2012
frosbel:

Each man to his own, go do your thing, as our Muslim folk will say, there is no compulsion in religion.

Suffice me to say, that Atheism , especially the new brand is a religion for all it's intents and purposes.

There is a seething anger, something quite remarkably cruel about this religion, a mocking, intolerant and almost Stalinist attribute to it, seeking to suppress and oppress the faith of the new and the few, I say depart from us you all, practise your religion and leave us to practise ours.

We will do what we deem fit for our salvation.

All the articles that spam this beloved board of ours, day and night ,have almost turned this forum into a Nazi style camp with the brownshirts bullying, intimidating and mocking the sheeple.

Go away y'all I say grin grin grin

[size=18pt]
Hitler was a catholic. Frosbel why do you and your copy and paste thread LIE?[/size]
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jun 29, 2012
logicboy01:

[size=18pt]
Hitler was a catholic. Frosbel why do you and your copy and paste thread LIE?[/size]

Hitler was not a catholic some may say , others say he was, the point is , he was not a Christian , period. History however points to his character as a godless tyrant who was an atheist in deeds.

But in case he does not fit the Jigsaw, you may want to boast about your Stalin and Chairman Mao, quite exemplary characters they were , both ardent atheists and mass murderers grin

The copy and paste exercise was one of agreement and alignment in principle.
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by logicboy01: 11:30pm On Jun 29, 2012
frosbel:

Hitler was not a catholic some may say , others say he was, the point is , he was not a Christian , period. History however points to his character as a godless tyrant who was an atheist in deeds.

But in case he does not fit the Jigsaw, you may want to boast about your Stalin and Chairman Mao, quite exemplary characters they were , both ardent atheists and mass murderers grin

The copy and paste exercise was one of agreement and alignment in principle.

Hitler was a catholic who was celebrated by the catholic church. Do not be stupid.

Mao was a communist- communism is a state religion. Mao even had some Bhuddist support.

Stalin was a communist.
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 30, 2012
frosbel:

Can you elucidate further on the highlighted?
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 30, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

Please proceed to explain. I must advice that you do not submit lists or articles that are cleverly sprinkled with unfounded assumptions and leveraged to cement the argument that atheism is a religion - I would gladly wish it were but it is simply a position in thought open to reason and the ever-growing evidence the previously unknown presents. you have kept me from my pillow grin
I've always been very carefull not to tag atheism as a religion same way i wouldnt want to tag Christianity as one. the similarities abound. An adamant christian would require a very strong conviction to accept no god exist same way an atheist would require more than the bible to accept God exist
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by logicboy01: 10:33am On Jun 30, 2012
toba.:
I've always been very carefull not to tag atheism as a religion same way i wouldnt want to tag Christianity as one. the similarities abound. An adamant christian would require a very strong conviction to accept no god exist same way an atheist would require more than the bible to accept God exist

Bullsh1t!

Atheism is based on a simple factual statement; not enough evidence to believe in a god. A christian runs on faith in God.

Christianity is a religion. Only a disingenuous person would say it isnt
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 30, 2012
logicboy01:

Bullsh1t!

Atheism is based on a simple factual statement; not enough evidence to believe in a god. A christian runs on faith in God.

Atheism is a religion Pal.

A religion with a belief in the concept of nothingness or evolution or both .
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by logicboy01: 11:13am On Jun 30, 2012
frosbel:

Huh?

Not all atheists even believe in evolution. I was an atheist before I even understood evolution

What is this concept of nothingness?

Why do you lie so much?
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 30, 2012
logicboy01:

Bullsh1t!

But enough evidence to believe in the delusion of some unexplained universal processes.

Atheists have been looking for the answers for eons and still have not arrived at the truth, they seem to be going round in circles, almost as if under a spell, talking about things they know not, trying to make sense out of nonsense and then accusing others of a belief in the spaghetti monster.

Who is confused here, at least we are rock solid in our belief, call it a blind leap of faith, but you and your cohorts are still in uncertain territory, you cannot explain anything but you attack anyone who accuses you of the inability to explain anything. grin

"Claiming to be wise, they instead became utter fools." - Romans 1:22

1 Corinthians 1:20 Where is the wise man? Where is the scholar? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by Enigma(m): 11:17am On Jun 30, 2012
frosbel:

No matter how much anyone denies it or makes convoluted but ultimately false arguments, (evangelical) atheism is now certainly a religion (a daft religion but no less a religion) as has been confirmed in various ways --- including intellectually and legally. smiley

cool
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 30, 2012
Enigma:

No matter how much anyone denies it or makes convoluted but ultimately false arguments, (evangelical) atheism is now certainly a religion (a daft religion but no less a religion) as has been confirmed in various ways --- including intellectually and legally. smiley

cool

Absolutely agree !
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 30, 2012
logicboy01:

Bullsh1t!

what made u believe that there's no god? are u strongly convinced that there's no god? what are the scientific evidence that there's no God?
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by Nobody: 11:32am On Jun 30, 2012
toba:
what made u believe that there's no god? are u strongly convinced that there's no god? what are the scientific evidence that there's no God?
]
What makes you believe there's no Santa Claus? Are you strongly convinced that there's no Santa Claus? What are the scientific evidence that there's no Santa Claus?
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by Nobody: 11:37am On Jun 30, 2012
musKeeto: ]
What makes you believe there's no Santa Claus? Are you strongly convinced that there's no Santa Claus? What are the scientific evidence that there's no Santa Claus?

Santa Claus if I may add is not a Christian figure , so this line is getting quite boring !

Besides what have you guys discovered that is new ? Please let us know .
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by dalaman: 11:40am On Jun 30, 2012
toba.:

What is a God?
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by dalaman: 11:42am On Jun 30, 2012
Enigma:

cool

Where is the legal confirmation of atheism being a religion in Nigeria?
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by Enigma(m): 11:53am On Jun 30, 2012
^^^Do you believe that there should be freedom of religion in Nigeria?

Should atheists in Nigeria have freedom of "conscience"? wink

cool
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by dalaman: 12:09pm On Jun 30, 2012
Enigma: ^^^Do you believe that there should be freedom of religion in Nigeria?

Should atheists in Nigeria have freedom of "conscience"? wink

cool

I am asking you a question and you are replying me with more questions. Where is the legal confirmation of atheism being a religion in Nigeria? That is what I want you to show me.
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 30, 2012
frosbel:

Santa Claus if I may add is not a Christian figure , so this line is getting quite boring !

Besides what have you guys discovered that is new ? Please let us know .

What new mystery has the Holy Spirit unravelled to you? Please share...
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by Enigma(m): 12:16pm On Jun 30, 2012
dalaman:

I am asking you a question and you are replying me with more questions. Where is the legal confirmation of atheism being a religion in Nigeria? That is what I want you to show me.

Interesting; I thought I was doing you a favour and had intended to take it even further but OK let me play your game then: point to where I claimed that atheism had been legally confirmed as a religion in Nigeria. smiley

cool
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 30, 2012
oh no u atheists are at it again, with ur usual opt out
musKeeto: ]
what has santa Claus got to do with the universe? has santa claus being linked with the creation of the universe as much as the christian God has been? since im dwelling on the similarities between christianity and atheism, how does ur introducing santa Claus to these make anysense?
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 30, 2012
dalaman:

What is a God?
depends on which 'God' u are talking about
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jun 30, 2012
error
Re: The Religion of Atheism by a Brother by dalaman: 12:23pm On Jun 30, 2012
Enigma:

Interesting; I thought I was doing you a favour and had intended to take it even further but OK let me play your game then: point to where I claimed that atheism had been legally confirmed as a religion in Nigeria. smiley

cool

That means atheism is not a religion in Nigeria then. If it were you would have provided the legal backing already.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did Jesus Really Descend To Hell After Death According To The Apostles Creed? / Speaking In Tongues The Bible Way / Scriptures Expounded: The Apostles Miraculous Release From Prison - Acts 5:18-20

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.