Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,130 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

A Thread Dedicated To Janet Ekundayo; Giving Back To Society - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Thread Dedicated To Janet Ekundayo; Giving Back To Society (1024 Views)

A Thread Specially Dedicated To Governor "Rotimi Amaechi" For His Determination. / A Thread Dedicated To The Nigerian Service Men, Our Gallant Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Thread Dedicated To Janet Ekundayo; Giving Back To Society by Nobody: 9:25am On Jun 30, 2012
The music video for "ekundayo" from ty bello's "green land" album, featuring olufunmi addressing adoption and orphanages in nigeria, celebrating madam janet ekundayo who has been working with orphans since the 1940s and began fully running her own home in 1969. directed by ty bello, kemi adetiba and abbey olayinka. produced by ty bello

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgJ3pk_tQkA
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Janet Ekundayo; Giving Back To Society by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 30, 2012
What a woman!!!

In 1969, Mama Ekundayo decided to dedicate her life saving, serving and taking care of orphans/ abandoned . Such as never been witnessed, atleat by me, in any Nigeran society.

In 2007, she adopted her 469th child.

May she RIP.

My heart just swells whenever I watch this video.
Re: A Thread Dedicated To Janet Ekundayo; Giving Back To Society by pappilo(m): 9:48am On Sep 08, 2013
RIP Mama.

The song touches my heart. If/When I get rich, I will immortalise this woman. I bet she never received one national award from our useless government either while alive or post-humously

(1) (Reply)

. / National Newspaper Headlines(saturday, 08 September 2012) / Ojukwu And Gowon In Aburi,ghana

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.