Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,549 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students (15942 Views)

Reasons Why First Class Students Never Become First Class People In Life / 5 Qualities Of 'first Class' Students / Respect First Class Students In Public Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Sweetlemon(f): 8:27pm On Jun 30, 2012
sheyguy:
NUC goes to every private uni atleast once a year plus there are external exerminers from public schools, it is a standard practice, i am surprised some one doesn't know this yet.
How will they know when they themselves need to have their own degrees cross-checked?! Look at how some of them are busy throwing grammatical bombs everywhere! Mtcheeeeeew!
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 30, 2012
Deekaydadon:
I'm a student of UI and i knw what we go thru ova here.....so dnt compare UI with covenant!
Who dared compare the premier university with any private school?
You need to know where they work in organisations.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Chinnepat: 8:35pm On Jun 30, 2012
E don turn to beef oh! Being in a private uni has its own advantages nd disadvantages, same with state nd federal schools! Am proud to be in a private uni although smetimes i wish i waz in a state or federal school! 6.4percent... Qudos to CU!
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by cyril83(m): 8:37pm On Jun 30, 2012
Papachulo: Honestly, its sounds very strange to me, considering the fact that in my school were I graduated from (Benue State Uni)...for u to come out wit 2/1 na strong tin, talkless off 1st class. In the last six years no has been awarded a 1st class degree. I graduated wit a 2/2 degree in B.A Eng which I'm very proud of, because I know, if it were anoda school, say Convernant...na 1st class be that. Anyways, let's give honour to were it is due....well done ooo Covenant Uni.
and you are here comparing CU to school where ur lecturers can hardly speak English,where there's no study facility...my broda stop the beef,it will never take you to anywhere...lemme ask you one questn,have u ever been to CU? If you answer my questn then I'll tell what's on my mind
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 30, 2012
Sweetlemon: All these bad belle people sef! Let me tell u, C.U is a very strict university. They actually force their students to study, there is a time table for all students activities that they follow strictly in that school. And most of the students there are fresh from secondary school. That's why they have young graduates. Their results are very real, trust me. 1st class is not something u can easily buy.
Is it a communist society?! Jeeze! UC is a Very STRICT ...
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by ekesbaba(m): 8:39pm On Jun 30, 2012
congrats! But 88 too much for 1st class
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by tunax5loon(m): 8:41pm On Jun 30, 2012
Sweetlemon: All these bad belle people sef! Let me tell u, C.U is a very strict university. They actually force their students to study, there is a time table for all students activities that they follow strictly in that school. And most of the students there are fresh from secondary school. That's why they have young graduates. Their results are very real, trust me. 1st class is not something u can easily buy.

some of them are like zombies.... zombies no go read unless yu tell am to read.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 30, 2012
plenty kola:
Guy y u dey disrespect OAU 1st class for CU na 3rd class 4 ABU
Autheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by oc2fish: 8:46pm On Jun 30, 2012
@Orits and other Cu graduate. i graduated form UI some years ago and uptil now my department which was establish in 1989 has produced only 3 first class. It is a pity this private Unis want to water down our degree.
I can remember days of good secondary schools in Nigeria, schools like Kings college Lagos, Govt college Ibadan and SPC Asaba. The private secondary entered and spoil everything as a young graduate teacher in one of this secondary school we were encourage to write answers on the board for this so called previledge kids who will end up in CU and come out with useless first class.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by cyril83(m): 8:49pm On Jun 30, 2012
okoagwu: iwonder ooooooooo! are there selling certificate there or na by sorting! they need 2 be enrolled back 2 federal or state universities! let check wht will be their outcome.
Did you mean fed nd state uni where lecturers are hardly come to class,brawse for you came out with third class or pass is not anybody's fault if you had ever come out with one...I dnt see any reason for you guyz condemning school where their lecturers have nothing to do than going to lecture room,if you miss jst 3 class attendance in CU you may face panel so now tell me the reasons to criticise their grades,all of them are not 1st class students,they have 2nd class upper and lower even third class
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by vladimiros: 8:50pm On Jun 30, 2012
oc2fish: @Orits and other Cu graduate. i graduated form UI some years ago and uptil now my department which was establish in 1989 has produced only 3 first class. It is a pity this private Unis want to water down our degree.
I can remember days of good secondary schools in Nigeria, schools like Kings college Lagos, Govt college Ibadan and SPC Asaba. The private secondary entered and spoil everything as a young graduate teacher in one of this secondary school we were encourage to write answers on the board for this so called previledge kids who will end up in CU and come out with useless first class.

still can't afford private uni right?

1 Like

Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by alluson(m): 8:50pm On Jun 30, 2012
vladimiros: Love how people who can't afod private Uni stop at nothing to attack them on
SHHAAARRRRAAAAAPPPPPP!
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by vladimiros: 8:52pm On Jun 30, 2012
alluson: SHHAAARRRRAAAAAPPPPPP!

its what happens on Nairaland

anytime there is a thread ona private school

the haters pour in and talk about how great there government funded school is

2 Likes

Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Claumy2(m): 8:52pm On Jun 30, 2012
dayohope1:
Their parents say the performance of their kids reflects the ability of their lecturers. And because they pay so much, their kids MUST be BRILLIANT. So, what do you expect? I won't be surprised if there's no second class at all!
I know a proprietor of a school who his only interest is to get money from the parents to hire mercenaries to solve/write the solutions to SSCE on the black board for the students to copy; he'll further advice the parents to enrol their wards into private universities to avoid delay in their education as well as better grades: quoting the said proprietor "though you'll pay for the grades as school fees and logistics". 98% of these students can hardly write their names correctly. Private schools-the bane of Nigerian education.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Sagytarius(m): 8:53pm On Jun 30, 2012
alluson: futo students abeg help me tell them say na WASH

big tym wash
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by vladimiros: 8:53pm On Jun 30, 2012
Claumy2:
I know a proprietor of a school who his only interest is to get money from the parents to hire mercenaries to solve/write the solutions to SSCE on the black board for the students to copy; he'll further advice the parents to enrol their wards into private universities to avoid delay in their education as well as better grades: quoting the said proprietor "though you'll pay for the grades as school fees and logistics". 98% of these students can hardly write their names correctly. Private schools-the bane of Nigerian education.
[img]http://www.reactionface.info/sites/default/files/images/1310566609761.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by oc2fish: 8:55pm On Jun 30, 2012
@Orits and other Cu graduate. i graduated form UI some years ago and uptil now my department which was establish in 1989 has produced only 3 first class. It is a pity this private Unis want to water down our degrees.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jun 30, 2012
What are public and private universities on about in pulling each other down on Nairaland?
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by badaru1(m): 9:02pm On Jun 30, 2012
People should not be sentimental,personally I don't Trust anything naija. We are all witness to private secondary schools in this country that pay waec and neco officials to allow their candidates to cheat and pass exams so that more parents will send their children to the school the following year. Private schools are profit making so they can do anything to attract more students. Remember Nigerians like to buy glory at all cost. Every parent will pay any amount to send his or her children to convent. I don't think it is realistic to have more 2.1 than. 2.2, it doesn't make sense at all. We cannot compare UI with covenant,Ui admit more students than covenant. I have one first class in my office from one of the private schools here,I don't think she can even compete with 2.2 from my set. To worsen the matter she did not serve because the course was part time.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 30, 2012
All I knw is I'm very intelligent....My WAEC results shows so...I dnt av to blow my trumpet here.... I studied engineering in Unilag and finished with 2.1 and wen I hear ow pple who are nt as smart as me get 1st class and 2.1 likewise in CU and Bowen and the likes I smell something fishy....Cos I really worked and studied hard in that UNILAG and I couldn't make a 1st class.... Besides I av noticed that must private Univeristu peeps I av come across are very IMMATURE...It's like they learn that specially there....Not my business sha....We all meet at the work place.....OAU, U.I , UNILAG, ABU, UNN.....Those r the schools I knw.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by youngladd: 9:11pm On Jun 30, 2012
88 first class what kinda examzzzz do they give their students 1+1?
88 iz too much abeg
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by cyril83(m): 9:21pm On Jun 30, 2012
12 inches!:
All I knw is I'm very intelligent....My WAEC results shows so...I dnt av to blow my trumpet here.... I studied engineering in Unilag and finished with 2.1 and wen I hear ow pple who are nt as smart as me get 1st class and 2.1 likewise in CU and Bowen and the likes I smell something fishy....Cos I really worked and studied hard in that UNILAG and I couldn't make a 1st class.... Besides I av noticed that must private Univeristu peeps I av come across are very IMMATURE...It's like they learn that specially there....Not my business sha....We all meet at the work place.....OAU, U.I , UNILAG, ABU, UNN.....Those r the schools I knw.
my brother proffessors from these listed schools were invited to CU panel in 2010 to interview 1st class students,none of the students were dropped that year which I strongly believe that panel must be held before approving any 1st class this year so I bliv these brilliant students merited the grade
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by phiszo(m): 9:33pm On Jun 30, 2012
Is it true that students have a chance of resit for failed exams in CU before the start of a new session?
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by poj(m): 9:35pm On Jun 30, 2012
Sentiments apart this seems incredible. Are these not d same set of students that were not intelligent enough to be admitted into public universities? I must ve been terribly dull to ve graduated with a draw in unilag. Convenant here i come to procure my own ist class
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by delpee(f): 9:42pm On Jun 30, 2012
Another way to assess students is to consider their pass rates in professional exams like ACCA, ICAN, AIB and IT foreign courses.Some of the students in the private universities qualify or pass some of the stages of these exams while in school or shortly after graduation. Those are external exams where sorting is impossible. Methinks their performance is based more on the available facilities and the enforcement of discipline to ensure that lecturers truly teach and students attend classes and study consistently.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 30, 2012
cyril83: my brother proffessors from these listed schools were invited to CU panel in 2010 to interview 1st class students,none of the students were dropped that year which I strongly believe that panel must be held before approving any 1st class this year so I bliv these brilliant students merited the grade

One thing still stands....CU students are given a soft landing. Come to Federal University and see ow u have to be up and doing. I av met private university peeps and most time I'm not impressed maturity wise and educational wise. That is my opinion. They cn get good jobs sha...Is it nt Nigeria. Their parents are rich and will av the required connection. But throw private uni and federal uni student inside hustle for getting head and private uni guys will fall like a pack of cards.

1 Like

Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by sallybonne(f): 9:55pm On Jun 30, 2012
[quote author=Ortis] hey hey hey did i hear u sai PRIVILAGED or wat....who is talkin of dat here u swin....i pay whoppin amount of cash 2 b in state uni nd pay house rent nd pay T-fee 2 go 2 skul evry mornin nd overal i learnt hw 2 read witout been told nd mak friendz nd b free.....an dis brat 4rm IUO is sayin privilage....hey kid grow up,i turnd down goin 2 skul in dat fuckin C.U ND MADONNA UNI becos i wanna grw up bt nt cos privilage......girl if u ar First class in PRIVATE UNI believe me u can compete wit a second class 4rm state or federal uni[/quote

Really, if ppl like u are given an opportunity 2 go abroad u will do dt and if given a first class u wil not complain but because it is naija and a private school u are complaining is it not funny. Do well and graduate wit a first class from your own school now. Nigerians can beef abi complain about everytin. Ur forgotten dt dis students get into dis skls @ tender ages and so can be easily brainwashed to study and get a first clas. Stop beefing and congratulate abeg, our parents suffered and went to federal or state skls so their kids can go to private skls, we suffered in private skls so dt our kids can go abroad or anywere beta dan a private skl in naija. Stop hating and congrtulate dem joor. Congrats graduands and welcome to d real world jorr

1 Like

Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by luvola(m): 10:02pm On Jun 30, 2012
i laugh in arabic. When lasu turns out only 41 first class,less than 2,900 2nd class upper,over 14,000 2nd class lower ,over 4000 third class in total for 3years out of over 28,000 that convocated two weeks ago .so on the average ,13 1st class were produced each for a session for every 9,500 graduates for each of the session. In total this represent 0.146% of 1st class produced .. This glorified sec .sch of these deluded private unis wouldnt stop amazing me.. (0) (Reply) (Go Down)
LASU Convocates With 41 First Class In
3years by gbengress1: 6:43pm On Jun 13
The Lagos State University(LASU), Ojo,
would at the 2012 convocation
ceremony, unveil her 41 first class
graduates out of 22,035 students
who has successfully completed their
academic programme at the Institution.
The university’s vice-chancellor, Prof.
Oladapo Obafunwa who disclosed
this to newsmen at the
commencement of the celebration on
Wednesday disclosed that this year’s
convocation would feature the full and
part-time graduates of 3
successive academic sessions, which
are;
• The 2008/2009 academic session,
• The 2009/2010 academic session
and • The 2010/2011 academic session
In one Joint convocation celebration.
Professor Oladapo made mention that
a total of 41 students will be awarded
First Class honours with
2,832 getting the Second Class
(upper division) in the three sessions
mentioned. Also, 14,922, are honored
with a
second class (lower division), while
4,100 and 140 others will be
awarded with a Third Class and Pass
qualifications respectively. There will also
be an award of
diploma and first degree certificates
while the postgraduate category will
receive theirs on Thursday, the 14th
of June. The ceremony was a success with
a
number of Notable dignitaries present
to grace the occassion.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by luvola(m): 10:05pm On Jun 30, 2012
i laugh in arabic. When lasu turns out only 41 first class,less than 2,900 2nd class upper,over 14,000 2nd class lower ,over 4000 third class in total for 3years out of over 28,000 that convocated two weeks ago .so on the average ,13 1st class were produced each for a session for every 9,500 graduates for each of the session. In total this represent 0.146% of 1st class produced .. This glorified sec .sch of these deluded private unis wouldnt stop amazing me.. (0) (Reply) (Go Down)
LASU Convocates With 41 First Class In
3years by gbengress1: 6:43pm On Jun 13
The Lagos State University(LASU), Ojo,
would at the 2012 convocation
ceremony, unveil her 41 first class
graduates out of 28,035 students
who has successfully completed their
academic programme at the Institution.
The university’s vice-chancellor, Prof.
Oladapo Obafunwa who disclosed
this to newsmen at the
commencement of the celebration on
Wednesday disclosed that this year’s
convocation would feature the full and
part-time graduates of 3
successive academic sessions, which
are;
• The 2008/2009 academic session,
• The 2009/2010 academic session
and • The 2010/2011 academic session
In one Joint convocation celebration.
Professor Oladapo made mention that
a total of 41 students will be awarded
First Class honours with
2,832 getting the Second Class
(upper division) in the three sessions
mentioned. Also, 14,922, are honored
with a
second class (lower division), while
4,100 and 140 others will be
awarded with a Third Class and Pass
qualifications respectively. There will also
be an award of
diploma and first degree certificates
while the postgraduate category will
receive theirs on Thursday, the 14th
of June. The ceremony was a success with
a
number of Notable dignitaries present
to grace the occassion.
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by PERFECT2(m): 10:25pm On Jun 30, 2012
It is Well.

1 Like

Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by thoniann(m): 10:26pm On Jun 30, 2012
FIRST CLASS ROBOTS!
Re: Covenant Varsity Produces 88 First Class Students by Santi222(m): 10:28pm On Jun 30, 2012
In the 43 Years of its Existence, my Department In ABU Zaria has not produced a SINGLE 1st Class graduate! Go dia and ask. And here we see 88! Wetin dem dey teach dem sef? Which curriculum dem dey use 4 dat skul?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why Studying Abroad Will Help You Land A Job / Step By Step Guide On How To Reprint Your 2017 JAMB Exam Slip / 3 Basic Things To Have Before Getting Admission Into Nigeria Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.