Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,198 members, 7,818,657 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

The Old Nairaland - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Old Nairaland (1079 Views)

I Prefer The Old Nairaland Format Joh! / I Miss The Old Nairaland / Some Old Nairaland Threads Who Remembers These People Lol! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Old Nairaland by africanboy(m): 12:57pm On Nov 30, 2007
I joined Nairaland on January 30, 2006, then it had approximately 12,000 members, of which less than 3000 were active posters. Compared with today, 153,753 members, must really be an achievement. I remember when members virtually celebrated the coming on board of the 20,000th member. Then people started looking forward to the the 25,000th member, then 30,000th member.

With any system that has an increase in member numbers, its bound to face some form of corruption of ideals. Nowadays, you can hardly make a post without someone replying with an insult. Is it necessary, must you reply?

Many of the "old timers" on Nairaland seem to have "disappeared". Is it unconnected to the inflow of "new generation" nairalanders? I don't think so. There were times I spent a whole working day on Nairaland, but now I just visit once in two weeks - watching, reading and leaving.

Even the RSS feed system has been disabled by Seun. Since I can't keep track of new posts, I am left with no choice but to read posts that make the front page, I am left to the discretion of the owner of the forum.

Nairaland's editorial policy became non transparent. Then, you were notified of an error and allowed to make amendments. Last time, I had an infraction, the post just went poof. No notification, except the mail that said it had been deleted.

What happened to Nairaland? Got too big for its own good? Or have I just been away for too long?

---
Please, if you feel like replying with an insult, I beg you not to. Use another thread.
Re: The Old Nairaland by Migines(m): 1:12pm On Nov 30, 2007
I really feel ur pain, but we cant deny the fact dat "the more the merrier"
Re: The Old Nairaland by africanboy(m): 1:17pm On Nov 30, 2007
I agree with "the more the merrier", but then, there is a but.

BTW: hi, am African Boy. Its a pleasure making your acquiantance
Re: The Old Nairaland by iice(f): 2:47pm On Nov 30, 2007
I feel ya. . .the oldies i know don't come here anymore sad
Re: The Old Nairaland by Migines(m): 7:27pm On Nov 30, 2007
Nairaland has generations.
Re: The Old Nairaland by africanboy(m): 11:12am On Dec 01, 2007
And some shall pass away. And some shall rise and take their place.
Re: The Old Nairaland by topeteadr(m): 12:22pm On Dec 01, 2007
I believe we are in the 2nd generation on nairaland.
Re: The Old Nairaland by topeteadr(m): 12:22pm On Dec 01, 2007
Hey migs, u're everywhere.
Re: The Old Nairaland by africanboy(m): 12:39pm On Dec 01, 2007
i was somewhere in the middle
Re: The Old Nairaland by Migines(m): 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2007
@TT
wat can'a do?
Re: The Old Nairaland by clemcykul(f): 4:54pm On Dec 04, 2007
dont do a thing about it grin grin grin
Re: The Old Nairaland by ifyalways(f): 5:23pm On Dec 04, 2007
the old shall fade away so that the young can bloom. tongue
Re: The Old Nairaland by smile4kenn(m): 4:46am On Sep 18, 2022

(1) (Reply)

One Naira ; We Are Brothers We Need To Talk / 15 Most Expensive Materials On Earth !! / What could this be? (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.