Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,368 members, 7,868,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 10:22 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (205) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1810498 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (709) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 10:21pm On Aug 17, 2014
Nedu09: Dnt even know how to get this stuff up here. having some difficulties with it

I hope you'll upload your on personal pics though and not these ones that are readily available from the net, and which have already been uploaded on this thread before!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nedu09(m): 10:58pm On Aug 17, 2014
HappyJoe:

Please what is Obiano doing about Onitsha?
if there is noting only the security guard and re-educating people on keeping their environs clean, planting of flowers campaign. He is even mounting street lights along Porthacourt road and upper iweka .. But they only sweeps onitsha/Asaba Express Rd other Rds are hips of sands creating fog sight and dust.... He is new sha but a Good tchnocrat.... Peter is too Timid nd can't take action on whan people are crossing boundary encroaching to Govt roads and drainages.... But obiano came and brought those shanties down.... I pray they ban Okada and hawking in Osha and Awka causing much nuisance and an eyesore. Abokis took over okada sector. ride like mad people well they dnt value life for once.they should ban okada riders from playing the cities or ban them so as to give space for development. Thirdly Open drainage is another problem that has defaced the city plan making it vulnerable to refuse dumps... What would it cost to cover those death traps that is hazardous to our health (gutters)? pavenment them to serve as a pedestrians sidewalk. Chai! Must we be dragging road with motorist everyday? To be frank Nearly i slip inside one big & wide gutter 12ft deep and 15ft wide while dodging one reckless okada man on peoples path way ... Hawkers are running race with the luxurious and coastal buses... Just day before yesterday come see Accident. crushed road sides sellers on Friday. All the roads are now tuned to market place with competition...... To be continue.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nedu09(m): 11:01pm On Aug 17, 2014
IGBOSON1:

I hope you'll upload your on personal pics though and not these ones that are readily available from the net, and which have already been uploaded on this thread before!
Nooo! This one is different.... I bet you have not seen this one before.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 1:02am On Aug 18, 2014
Nedu09: if there is noting only the security guard and re-educating people on keeping their environs clean, planting of flowers campaign. He is even mounting street lights along Porthacourt road and upper iweka .. But they only sweeps onitsha/Asaba Express Rd other Rds are hips of sands creating fog sight and dust.... He is new sha but a Good tchnocrat.... Peter is too Timid nd can't take action on whan people are crossing boundary encroaching to Govt roads and drainages.... But obiano came and brought those shanties down.... I pray they ban Okada and hawking in Osha and Awka causing much nuisance and an eyesore. Abokis took over okada sector. ride like mad people well they dnt value life for once.they should ban okada riders from playing the cities or ban them so as to give space for development. Thirdly Open drainage is another problem that has defaced the city plan making it vulnerable to refuse dumps... What would it cost to cover those death traps that is hazardous to our health (gutters)? pavenment them to serve as a pedestrians sidewalk. Chai! Must we be dragging road with motorist everyday? To be frank Nearly i slip inside one big & wide gutter 12ft deep and 15ft wide while dodging one reckless okada man on peoples path way ... Hawkers are running race with the luxurious and coastal buses... Just day before yesterday come see Accident. crushed road sides sellers on Friday. All the roads are now tuned to market place with competition...... To be continue.

Okada has sent a lot of people to their early graves in Onitsha, not to mention those that were crippled for life following head injuries after falling off okada.

In the last 10 years, most responsible state governors mandated the use of "Keke Napep" to transport their citizens except Anambra! Even northern states with much lower okada deaths and Akwa Ibom's Uyo, where use of motorcycle taxi (Okada) was introduced into Nigeria in the late 1980s, insisted that public transportation must be upgraded to at least Keke Napep to keep their citizens safe.

A few states with adequate funds stepped up public transportation by providing modern intra-city buses Eg. Enugu, and some are even going further to build intra-city rail networks to convey their citizens. Even states where it was believed that their economy would collapse if okada were banned, have thrived since the ban! In Ebonyi state, it was argued that there were no taxis and banning okada would collapse public transportation. Their visionary Governor concerned by the continuous loss of lives and maiming of their citizens banned okada in the interest of the public safety. Today, public transportation in Abakaliki has not collapsed, it is by Keke Napep and thriving strong!

Anambra under Peter Obi was regrettably the only state that has not banned okada for some flimsy reason in spite of the calamity it has visited on the public living in the state.
Before Obiano came, women's handbags and gold necklaces were constantly forcefully snatched around Upper Iweka by men on okada. Because they rode in these okada, it was easy to get away after these crimes.

One hopes Gov. Obiano will continue his transformation of the state by insisting that Anambra people should be transported in at the minimum "Keke Napep". This will show that he feels the cries of the families of all the victims who had been killed or maimed permanently by the continued and primitive use of motorcycles as a form of public transportation in Anambra state.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 1:24am On Aug 18, 2014
Having posted the above,
I commend Peter Obi for the great things he did in healthcare and education to help Anambra make progress.
But on this primitive use of motorcycle as public taxi issue, he failed woefully for siding and succumbing to the threats of the okada operators over the overwhelming good of everyone in the state. I am yet to believe that states such as Niger and Ebonyi where okada proved a lot of livelihood will ban okada use to transport their citizens due to its deleterious effects before Anambra! Wonders shall indeed never end!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 1:32am On Aug 18, 2014
Nedu09: if there is noting only the security guard and re-educating people on keeping their environs clean, planting of flowers campaign. He is even mounting street lights along Porthacourt road and upper iweka .. But they only sweeps onitsha/Asaba Express Rd other Rds are hips of sands creating fog sight and dust.... He is new sha but a Good tchnocrat.... Peter is too Timid nd can't take action on whan people are crossing boundary encroaching to Govt roads and drainages.... But obiano came and brought those shanties down.... I pray they ban Okada and hawking in Osha and Awka causing much nuisance and an eyesore. Abokis took over okada sector. ride like mad people well they dnt value life for once.they should ban okada riders from playing the cities or ban them so as to give space for development. Thirdly Open drainage is another problem that has defaced the city plan making it vulnerable to refuse dumps... What would it cost to cover those death traps that is hazardous to our health (gutters)? pavenment them to serve as a pedestrians sidewalk. Chai! Must we be dragging road with motorist everyday? To be frank Nearly i slip inside one big & wide gutter 12ft deep and 15ft wide while dodging one reckless okada man on peoples path way ... Hawkers are running race with the luxurious and coastal buses... Just day before yesterday come see Accident. crushed road sides sellers on Friday. All the roads are now tuned to market place with competition...... To be continue.

I don't think Peter is too 'timid' he's just pro-business. Okada is still someone's business so someone like Obi that made Anambra have the lowest tax on business in Nigeria isn't going to be for it. I think the okada ban was good for Owerri and may be good for Onitsha as well. The problem is it's always met immediately after with a crime wave

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 2:46am On Aug 18, 2014
My complaint about Okorocha is that he has done nothing for industry and commerce in Imo which is what we need. Owerri needs it's own market the size of that in Onitsha to take the state to the next level. Orlu would be an even more strategic location. The SE needs several international markets so that their competition drives down the cost of living and traders don't have to leave the SE to conduct business.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 6:34am On Aug 18, 2014
cjrane: Having posted the above,
I commend Peter Obi for the great things he did in healthcare and education to help Anambra make progress.
But on this primitive use of motorcycle as public taxi issue, he failed woefully for siding and succumbing to the threats of the okada operators over the overwhelming good of everyone in the state. I am yet to believe that states such as Niger and Ebonyi where okada proved a lot of livelihood will ban okada use to transport their citizens due to its deleterious effects before Anambra! Wonders shall indeed never end!
The ANIDS program by Obi actually brought into use hundreds of taxis similar to coal city cab, you might even mistake the two.

Anambra's governance needs are a bit unique and i guess Obi took a gamble and decided to focus on a holistic state development with more interest in commerce and industry.
He scored good in rural roads, agric, oil, industry, financial and fiscal policies. Anambra is still the most holistically developed state in SE.
He however, scored poorly in urban development.

He deemphasized Awka and Onitsha, the major cities.
Which are often the glaring places a visitor would look.
I still believe he should have done more for the capital considering his claims thàt the state earnings were high.

I am afraid for Enugu's future because what Enugu needs is someone who is even better than Chime to handle that state and such people are not many.
I also do not know how poised the populace is to "shout down or unseat" any charlatan who may mistakenly get in their.
Especially as Enugu's present population (Enugu city) has become increasingly diverse with indegenes perhaps even in the minority. I wonder if all voices will be equally heard.
A non performing governor will have the tendency to tow unhealthy clannish lines.

I really hope that Enugu's next governor will have a cosmopolitan agenda just like Sullivan.
Sullivan's largely cosmopolitan approach and openness is what has really helped Enugu.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 8:07am On Aug 18, 2014
Willie Obiano's manifesto: www.obiano4gov2014.com/index.php/our-manifesto

Excerp from the manifesto: *Commence large scale
beautification projects in
Awka, Nnewi and Onitsha Construction of cemeteries
across all local governments in the State.*

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by vanbonattel: 8:31am On Aug 18, 2014
Bishop42: Willie Obiano's manifesto: www.obiano4gov2014.com/index.php/our-manifesto

Excerp from the manifesto: *Commence large scale
beautification projects in
Awka, Nnewi and Onitsha Construction of cemeteries
across all local governments in the State.*

Cemeteries? Are you people thinking what am thinking? grin grin

We remember Ekwueme built a prison as a project in his place, this man is building cemeteries, who will build the stadiums, flyovers, bridges, dams, power stations, wind mills, estates and 4 lane roads kwanu?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Chino72: 8:35am On Aug 18, 2014
Anambra is fast de-emphasizing 'Okada' and introducing Keke Napep for conveying of passengers within the cities. Presently those okada riders are being moved away from the urban centers to concentrate at the outskirts of the major cities while Keke is now taken over the urban centers. It is also worthy to note that 98% of those okada riders are from Ebonyi, Enugu, Kogi states etc

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Chino72: 8:53am On Aug 18, 2014
Not all the drains are open but the open ones were recommended to because high volume of water after each heavy down pour. Today there is no longer any form of flooding in any part of Onitsha because of well-paved roads and drains!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 8:55am On Aug 18, 2014
Hope we are not derailing from original topic. undecided
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by vanbonattel: 9:02am On Aug 18, 2014
Chino72: Anambra is fast de-emphasizing 'Okada' and introducing Keke Napep for conveying of passengers within the cities. Presently those okada riders are being moved away from the urban centers to concentrate at the outskirts of the major cities while Keke is now taken over the urban centers. It is also worthy to note that 98% of those okada riders are from Ebonyi, Enugu, Kogi states etc

Your last sentence is rather unfortunate, why make it seem like only ebonyi, Enugu and Kogi people use Okada, have you taken census of Anambra people doing boy boy menial labour work in other states? Stop that stupfid Anambra arrogance abeg!

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Chino72: 9:04am On Aug 18, 2014
Don't misunderstand me! It was not to spite anybody!

vanbonattel:

Your last sentence is rather unfortunate, why make it seem like only ebonyi, Enugu and Kogi people use Okada, have you taken census of Anambra people doing boy boy menial labour work in other states? Stop that stupfid Anambra arrogance abeg!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 9:28am On Aug 18, 2014
Chino72: Anambra is fast de-emphasizing 'Okada' and introducing Keke Napep for conveying of passengers within the cities. Presently those okada riders are being moved away from the urban centers to concentrate at the outskirts of the major cities while Keke is now taken over the urban centers. It is also worthy to note that 98% of those okada riders are from Ebonyi, Enugu, Kogi states etc

Only an Anambrarian like Chino would spurn dignity of labor. Since you're so interested in statistics, you must be aware that 98% of convicted drug peddlers are from Anambra. So much so that each Anambra family has a relative spending a lifetime in jail.

But of course you'd rather be a drug peddler than an Okada rider!
Again, I don't mean to spite you--just stating the facts.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Chino72: 9:36am On Aug 18, 2014
I only implied that Anambra people are not mainly in Okada riding business..what is the denigration in that?

Do you really want us to start this? You cannot contain the heat on this thread if I start my own! I will be back!

passion007:

Only an Anambrarian like Chino would spurn dignity of labor. Since you're so interested in statistics, you must be aware that 98% of convicted drug peddlers are from Anambra. So much so that each Anambra family has a relative spending a lifetime in jail.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by vanbonattel: 9:40am On Aug 18, 2014
Chino72: Do you really want us to start this? You cannot contain the heat on this thread if I start my own! I will be back!

I bu ijiott, I am happy not all Anambra State people think like you. Akpa amu.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by vanbonattel: 9:43am On Aug 18, 2014
Chino72: I only implied that Anambra people are not mainly in Okada riding business..what is the denigration in that?

Do you really want us to start this? You cannot contain the heat on this thread if I start my own! I will be back!

That is what you think you IMPLIED, but what we saw is an attempt to maliciously condemn the hardworking efforts of other people living in Anambra State.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Chino72: 9:45am On Aug 18, 2014
Did I say that okada business is unworthy? NO!

The guy called 'passion' is filled with complex just like his compatriots, so he sees every comment as spiteful..

vanbonattel:

That is what you think you IMPLIED, but what we saw is an attempt to maliciously condemn the hardworking efforts of other people living in Anambra State.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 9:49am On Aug 18, 2014
Chino72: I only implied that Anambra people are not mainly in Okada riding business..what is the denigration in that?

And I only implied that for the most part (98%) Anambrarians are in the business of drug peddling and being inmates of prisons all over Asia (of all places in God's earth). Where's the denigration in that?
I thought we were stating random facts about Alaigbo...biko Chino, don't take it personally.
Eziokwu bukwanu ndu.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 9:51am On Aug 18, 2014
Chino72: Did I say that okada business is unworthy? NO!

The guy called 'passion' is filled with complex just like his compatriots, so he sees every comment as spiteful..

No need to get defensive.
Please point out where I mentioned that drug business is something to be ashamed of? Except of course, your conscience tells you it is.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 10:02am On Aug 18, 2014
Bishop42:

How can you compare enugu with hugh slum called kano. Enugu is far better than kano in all level. O boy do a simple Google search on kano and see the kind of yeye comparism you are making.
Onitsha is even far bigger than the who of kano,esp in building and city skyline. What a disgrace
obviously, u hv nt been to kano

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Chino72: 10:41am On Aug 18, 2014
Your core problem is complex and it is worse than anything you can think of..wear it off! I will not engage you, because if I do, the impact will be devastating on this thread!

passion007:
No need to get defensive.
Please point out where I mentioned that drug business is something to be ashamed of? Except of course, your conscience tells you it is.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 11:26am On Aug 18, 2014
Please who brought Chino to this thread?

Let's continue with our civil discourse - no distractions please.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 11:30am On Aug 18, 2014
This is kano
Apart from one or three high rising building,there is nothing much in Kano to brag about.
This is how to replicate kano city:
Just go to a village in igboland, build 2 round about, 2 skyscrapper,2lane roads, and 4 to 5 companies probaby dangote company, then you have a glorfied village called a city

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 11:32am On Aug 18, 2014
Chino72: Your core problem is complex and it is worse than anything you can think of..wear it off! I will not engage you, because if I do, the impact will be devastating on this thread!

Heh heh heh.
Nwanne, gbawaa door mehn!

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 1:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
Chino72: Your core problem is complex and it is worse than anything you can think of..wear it off! I will not engage you, because if I do, the impact will be devastating on this thread!

I commend your restraint here.
It will be tragic to do so in this responsible thread.
Thank you for applying restraint

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:14pm On Aug 18, 2014
passion007:

Not that I really care about the origin of the Okada riders in Anambra but Chino isnt wrong.
And you are wrong to think most drug dealers are from Anambra....thats a lie from the pit of grave. There are edo,deltans,Imo,Abia and even enugu involved. I am not denying we dont have criminals in Anambra because we do just like we have some of the greatest Nigerians originating from Anambra.
Do you know that about 40% of the kidnappers that has been arrested in Anambra are not from Anambra? Driving Okada is not a crime in Anambra but left for us you wont see much Okada in our streets.
And dont gWatcthat "i am not trying to spite you" cover up because thats what you set out to do. Or do you think we are kids? Chino didnt insult anybody,he is just stating that the nuisance of Okada driving is not caused by Anambrarians who owns the state but you feel hurt by that comment and started insulting Anambrarians because you couldn't control your bruised ego.
Watch what you say because you could have handled it better.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:36pm On Aug 18, 2014
passion007:

And I only implied that for the most part (98%) Anambrarians are in the business of drug peddling and being inmates of prisons all over Asia (of all places in God's earth). Where's the denigration in that?
I thought we were stating random facts about Alaigbo...biko Chino, don't take it personally.
Eziokwu bukwanu ndu.

You are simply bitter because if you aren't you wont bring this crime matter into it.
There is nothing like eziokwu bu ndu because if you have no problem with eziokwu why are you negative issue to attack a man who has spoken the eziokwu ? You see where I am going with this ? So,you actually have a complex or even insecurity to begin with!
This isn't about any ffucking eziokwu ,rather its about how you feel about hardworking people doing menial jobs which to me is a noble thing but you find it shameful...lol
Nniga,stop trying to act like you are smart or something because you arent.
And dont make me do things i have long debased myself from doing.
Everybody got dirt! Remember that!

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 4:22pm On Aug 18, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

You are simply bitter because if you aren't you wont bring this crime matter into it.
There is nothing like eziokwu bu ndu because if you have no problem with eziokwu why are you negative issue to attack a man who has spoken the eziokwu ? You see where I am going with this ? So,you actually have a complex or even insecurity to begin with!
This isn't about any ffucking eziokwu ,rather its about how you feel about hardworking people doing menial jobs which to me is a noble thing but you find it shameful...lol
Nniga,stop trying to act like you are smart or something because you arent.
And dont make me do things i have long debased myself from doing.
Everybody got dirt! Remember that!

you are the one who doesnt get it but just trying to defend your Anambra brother.

Chino said 98% of okada riders are not indegenes. Now tell me if this figure is for certain.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 4:51pm On Aug 18, 2014
Bishop42: This is kano
Apart from one or three high rising building,there is nothing much in Kano to brag about.
This is how to replicate kano city:
Just go to a village in igboland, build 2 round about, 2 skyscrapper,2lane roads, and 4 to 5 companies probaby dangote company, then you have a glorfied village called a city
kano is lyk a combination of enugu, (aesthetics) onitsha (cormercial) and aba (industrial) all in one city

(1) (2) (3) ... (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) ... (709) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.