Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,808 members, 7,862,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:39 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1807758 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (707) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 9:42pm On Aug 18, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

You are simply bitter because if you aren't you wont bring this crime matter into it.
There is nothing like eziokwu bu ndu because if you have no problem with eziokwu why are you negative issue to attack a man who has spoken the eziokwu ? You see where I am going with this ? So,you actually have a complex or even insecurity to begin with!
This isn't about any ffucking eziokwu ,rather its about how you feel about hardworking people doing menial jobs which to me is a noble thing but you find it shameful...lol
Nniga,stop trying to act like you are smart or something because you arent.
And dont make me do things i have long debased myself from doing.
Everybody got dirt! Remember that!

I couldn't understand a word you wrote!
But I sense you were trying to lead me to an epiphany in which case I'll have you know I don't care what you think.

If Chino (your more confrontational alterego) comes with another subtextual jab, or a veiled insult, he'll hear from me in like measure.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:09pm On Aug 18, 2014
cjrane:

I commend your restraint here.
It will be tragic to do so in this responsible thread.
Thank you for applying restraint

I wish I will hook u up with my Favourite female cousin. As usual , U sound so mature that I want u to be an in_law. My hope of doing that with Spyder died the day he shOwcased his family.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 10:31pm On Aug 18, 2014
Evergreen123:

I wish I will hook u up with my Favourite female cousin. As usual , U sound so mature that I want u to be an in_law. My hope of doing that with Spyder died the day he shOwcased his family.

Bros I won't mind o! Is she fine? grin

I just know when Chino comot for chain about his praising of Anambra, even passion will beg him to stop!
I only enjoy Chino in that mood when he is giving it to Boko Harams or the slippery oily group.
I don't want Chino to continue posting foul pictures in this thread 2 weeks after the last response from Passion, using his more than one thousand monikers! lol...
Either way they would have destroyed this beautiful thread about ENUGU before they realize their folly and the futility of engaging Chino in an ego war about Anambra.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:37pm On Aug 18, 2014
Evergreen123:

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Boicc(m): 9:52am On Aug 19, 2014
basilo101:
kano is lyk a combination of enugu, (aesthetics) onitsha (cormercial) and aba (industrial) all in one city
Really? Pls tell that to people who have never been to Kano before.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 19, 2014
Yet 95% of beggers in Nigeria are from Kanonistan, that pllace is overated, population is not economic viability.

Boicc: Really? Pls tell that to people who have never been to Kano before.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 10:51am On Aug 19, 2014
Evergreen123:

What about me?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 11:10am On Aug 19, 2014
BuddahMonk: Yet 95% of beggers in Nigeria are from Kanonistan, that pllace is overated, population is not economic viability.

dia is a difference b/w kano and kano state. If u r familiar wit d north u wil undastand dat d gap b/w d rich and d poor is veri wide ova dia and middle class is almost nonexistent. City center is world class while poverty ravage d rest of d state. But kano city if far ahead of enugu city
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by investnow2013: 12:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
cjrane: Having posted the above,
I commend Peter Obi for the great things he did in healthcare and education to help Anambra make progress.
But on this primitive use of motorcycle as public taxi issue, he failed woefully for siding and succumbing to the threats of the okada operators over the overwhelming good of everyone in the state. I am yet to believe that states such as Niger and Ebonyi where okada proved a lot of livelihood will ban okada use to transport their citizens due to its deleterious effects before Anambra! Wonders shall indeed never end!
Mr Peter Obi & Chief Obiano are Economists!. They don't just follow Nigeria system of When one State banning Okada & the rest following!. Okada in Anambra is one The Govt source revenue!. There are over 100 Thousand Okada Operatives in Anambra-State employing over 400 Thousand people!.The Mechanics, Nnewi Spare parts & Motor cycle manufacturals, Ticket collectors, Resturants,Boom in House rentage etc are some of the immediate advantages of Okada transport!.There may be some disadvantages but, It is always good to encourage Competition!. No responsible Govt will take away so soon 400 Thousand Jobs for any reason!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 19, 2014
Evergreen123:

I dey here cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by capricon: 1:21pm On Aug 19, 2014
basilo101:
dia is a difference b/w kano and kano state. If u r familiar wit d north u wil undastand dat d gap b/w d rich and d poor is veri wide ova dia and middle class is almost nonexistent. City center is world class while poverty ravage d rest of d state. But kano city if far ahead of enugu city

i dont think so

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nedu09(m): 1:53pm On Aug 19, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Not that I really care about the origin of the Okada riders in Anambra but Chino isnt wrong.
And you are wrong to think most drug dealers are from Anambra....thats a lie from the pit of grave. There are edo,deltans,Imo,Abia and even enugu involved. I am not denying we dont have criminals in Anambra because we do just like we have some of the greatest Nigerians originating from Anambra.
Do you know that about 40% of the kidnappers that has been arrested in Anambra are not from Anambra? Driving Okada is not a crime in Anambra but left for us you wont see much Okada in our streets.
And dont gWatcthat "i am not trying to spite you" cover up because thats what you set out to do. Or do you think we are kids? Chino didnt insult anybody,he is just stating that the nuisance of Okada driving is not caused by Anambrarians who owns the state but you feel hurt by that comment and started insulting Anambrarians because you couldn't control your bruised ego.
Watch what you say because you could have handled it better.
Remember it dosnt calls for who caused the nuisance. But the important thing is what is the Government doing to curtail it? But I think whan it calls for safety of peoples life, we dnt have to sweep that under carpet and chasing money is causing disaster today.... No cause for alarm becos Anambra can never give up okada because of "Nkwo nnewi" no matter the crime wave, accidents and nuisance...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by capricon: 1:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
WORKS AND INFRASTRUCTURE I want to emphasize that our priority will be to complete on-going urban and rural roads, some of which we are doing in partnership with the affected Local Government Councils on a 70:30 ratio. Some of them include: � Ugwuogo-Neke-Ikem � Amaetiti-Achi-Inyi-Awlaw � Nguru-Ede Oballa-Eha Alumona � Eke-Ebe-Egede-Akpakume Nze-Nkpologu � Akpasha-Ozalla-Agbogugu-Ihe-Owelli-Awgu � Nsukka-Ogrute-Ette, among others.

We want to put it on record that the above-named roads will be completed and handed over in the coming year. Also, the dualization of the Enugu-Abakaliki Road, right from Abakpa junction and heading to the Airport with one bridge, an underpass and a bye-pass will be completed next month while the new dualized Zik Avenue Bridge will be completed and opened to traffic before Christmas this year. Contracts have been awarded for Milliken Hill-Ngwo, Nkwo Inyi-Akpugoeze to Anambra border, Ikedimkpa-Amofiagu-Oghu and the reconstruction of New Market roundabout-Agu Abor interchange spur of Enugu-Onitsha expressway.

As funds permit, Government earmarks to execute the following new roads next year: � Iheaka-Ibagwa-Itchi-AlorAgu � Agbani-Mbogodo-Ihuokpara � Umulokpa-Adaba-Ukpata-Uvuru-Nkpologu � Adani-Adarice (Enugu Songhai Farm, Adani) � Udi-Amokwe-ObeleaguUmana-Mgbagbu Owa � Imilike-Ezimo Uno-Ogboduaba-ObolloEtiti-ObolloAfor � Amechi Idodo-Owo-Ubahu-Amankanu, and � Agbani-Ugbawka-Nara-Nkerefi.

Other priority urban roads to be executed include the dualization of Nike Lake road and the rehabilitation of Abakpa Nike Road and Ugwuaji-Awkananaw by Kenyatta. The on-going construction of the new ultra-modern State Secretariat complex has reached an advanced stage. Work has also started on the new Governor�s office (Lion Building) and is progressing steadily. Government aims to complete and equip these buildings in the coming year. To accomplish these lofty goals, the sum of N15.623 billion was allocated to the Ministry of Works and Infrastructure in the 2014 budget.

Works have stated heavily at the bolded area.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by oneeast1: 2:08pm On Aug 19, 2014
Tricycle is presently taking over the trade at Nkwo-Nnewi as Tricycle is taking over the place of bikes in Onitsha and Awka while those bikes are moving towards the rural areas to assist the rural dwellers.
Its a matter of time before Obiano bans it completely!

Nedu09: Remember it dosnt calls for who caused the nuisance. But the important thing is what is the Government doing to curtail it? But I think whan it calls for safety of peoples life, we dnt have to sweep that under carpet and chasing money is causing disaster today.... No cause for alarm becos Anambra can never give up okada because of "Nkwo nnewi" no matter the crime wave, accidents and nuisance...

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 2:11pm On Aug 19, 2014
Kano and Enugu can't be compared. If you have a place where over 50% of the population suffers the worst poverty in Nigeria, you can't start comparing it to anywhere because of a city center. Kano is bigger than Enugu in mass and population but Lagos is also bigger than Dubai. Everything else (standard of living, liveability, safety, employment, cleanliness, social/leisure life, arts, music, film, etc) Enugu takes it by miles. Even the industries in Kano are dying as textiles in Nigeria can't compete with cheaper Chinese ones.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Aug 19, 2014
You people dont understand how igbo live and go about their development, igbos dont cramp like shrimps in one cesshole while other places rot away.
Its only in igboland that you dont have citystates like those of North and West.

Kano and Ibadan are big because everybody cramped themselves in one place, no breathing space, no room to swing a cat, no serenity, no urban renewal, no building regulation, yet their rural areas are rot away.

Ok check this Eastern States settings and development.

In Anambra we have Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka as big cities, outside them places like Ekwulobia, Ihiala are still developing at their own pace.
Bring all these places together and see how usless your will kano be.

Go to Imo, we have Owerri, Orlu, Okigwe developing at their pace, with other rural areas like Oguta and Mgbidi being semi urban areas...bring all these cities together and see them dwarfting Kano.

In Abia, we have Aba, Umuahia and Igbere developing at their pace, with middleclass and rich people living together, bring them together and see a mega city.

The same to Enugu State with Enugu City and Nsukka to develop,

Ebonyi with Abakiliki and Afikpo to develop.

In Anioma they have Asaba, Agbor and Kwale developing.

Go to every Igbotowns or villages you must a bank branch there.
I was in my villa Okija in Dec and saw one big mkt they built there, i was told last month that Diamond Bank and Fidelity is now operating in my villa.
When i was there i saw trailers offloading building materials while a guesthouse and some filling stations are opening up.
My town have a University, now one guy Obijackson have opened a worldclass hospital at Okija, his construction coy have its yard along the Onitsha Owerri Expressway before the Orasi River, opposite the yard is where FG will site a power generating plant, we are not cramping ourselves In Onitsha, Nnewi or Awka that are developing at their pace.
-This is even development

Kano and Ibadam have been developing since Pope was still an AltarBoy yet they are still looking like buried ancient ruins.
All their universities, churches, mosques, industries, banks etc are clamped in one place, why cant it develop abeg....their wealths are not evenly distributed likewise their development unlike in Igboland where we are republican and everybody develop at his own pace.

Abeg stop the overated Kano abeg, imagine where criminal Abacha that looted Nigeria money came from.

Use google map and see how urbanized SE is not a Kano of bungalows and thatched houses.

basilo101:

10 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 2:39pm On Aug 19, 2014
investnow2013: Mr Peter Obi & Chief Obiano are Economists!. They don't just follow Nigeria system of When one State banning Okada & the rest following!. Okada in Anambra is one The Govt source revenue!. There are over 100 Thousand Okada Operatives in Anambra-State employing over 400 Thousand people!.The Mechanics, Nnewi Spare parts & Motor cycle manufacturals, Ticket collectors, Resturants,Boom in House rentage etc are some of the immediate advantages of Okada transport!.There may be some disadvantages but, It is always good to encourage Competition!. No responsible Govt will take away so soon 400 Thousand Jobs for any reason!
Nnewi motocycle spare parts dealers are the reasons why anambra govt cannot ban okada,those dealers always make sure they settle any governor in power with good amount that will keep any human being sweet for life cool

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 2:45pm On Aug 19, 2014
oneeast1: Tricycle is presently taking over the trade at Nkwo-Nnewi as Tricycle is taking over the place of bikes in Onitsha and Awka while those bikes are moving towards the rural areas to assist the rural dwellers.
Its a matter of time before Obiano bans it completely!

True,tricycles parts is being manufacture in nnewi right now,even Innosson manufacture tricycles as we speak so when the governor stop okada operating in anambra cities guys are still on business onwero cool

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by zlatansomto(m): 3:12pm On Aug 19, 2014
spyder880: Adelabu street, Uwani Enugu.
Excuse mee? Na Yoruba Str be this? Just asking!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OdenigboAroli(m): 3:16pm On Aug 19, 2014
ak47mann: Nnewi motocycle spare parts dealers are the reasons why anambra govt cannot ban okada,those dealers always make sure they settle any governor in power with good amount that will keep any human being sweet for life cool

The settlement part I refuse to believe.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 3:23pm On Aug 19, 2014
Ikengawo: Kano and Enugu can't be compared. If you have a place where over 50% of the population suffers the worst poverty in Nigeria, you can't start comparing it to anywhere because of a city center. Kano is bigger than Enugu in mass and population but Lagos is also bigger than Dubai. Everything else (standard of living, liveability, safety, employment, cleanliness, social/leisure life, arts, music, film, etc) Enugu takes it by miles. Even the industries in Kano are dying as textiles in Nigeria can't compete with cheaper Chinese ones.
enugu is nt close 2 kano by any yardstick. I mean d cities not states. Enugu, aba and onitsha wen combined cn den be compared wit kano. If u kw anybody dat has lived in kano ask him. Btw i am frm enugu state.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 3:36pm On Aug 19, 2014
A friend working at IDH Lagos has informed me that the much talked-about Enugu nurse again tested negative to Ebola yesterday. This implies there's no Ebola in Enugu, and the 6 persons under surveillance in Enugu will soon be off the list.

12 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 19, 2014
passion007: A friend working at IDU Lagos has informed me that the much talked-about Enugu nurse again tested negative to Ebola yesterday. This implies there's no Ebola in Enugu, and the 6 persons under surveillance in Enugu will soon be off the list.
good news!

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ak47mann(m): 4:50pm On Aug 19, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

The settlement part I refuse to believe.
odenaigbo hapu chaa jee jua ese ofuma cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 4:56pm On Aug 19, 2014
passion007: A friend working at IDU Lagos has informed me that the much talked-about Enugu nurse again tested negative to Ebola yesterday. This implies there's no Ebola in Enugu, and the 6 persons under surveillance in Enugu will soon be off the list.

^^^They should ask the silly woman to write a 10 page report on: 'How to sit your fat arsse down in one place when you suspect you may have ebola'! angry angry angry

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ibedun: 5:03pm On Aug 19, 2014
BuddahMonk: You people dont understand how igbo live and go about their development, igbos dont cramp like shrimps in one cesshole while other places rot away.
Its only in igboland that you dont have citystates like those of North and West.
Kano and Ibadan are big because everybody cramped themselves in one place, no breathing space, no room to swing a cat, no serenity, no urban renewal, no building regulation, yet their rural areas are rot away.
Ok check this Eastern States settings and development.
In Anambra we have Onitsha, Nnewi, Awka as big cities, outside them places like Ekwulobia, Ihiala are still developing at their own pace.
Bring all these places together and see how usless your will kano be.
Go to Imo, we have Owerri, Orlu, Okigwe developing at their pace, with other rural areas like Oguta and Mgbidi being semi urban areas...bring all these cities together and see them dwarfting Kano.
In Abia, we have Aba, Umuahia and Igbere developing at their pace, with middleclass and rich people living together, bring them together and see a mega city.
The same to Enugu State with Enugu City and Nsukka to develop,
Ebonyi with Abakiliki and Afikpo to develop.
In Anioma they have Asaba, Agbor and Kwale developing.
Go to every Igbotowns or villages you must a bank branch there.
I was in my villa Okija in Dec and saw one big mkt they built there, i was told last month that Diamond Bank and Fidelity is now operating in my villa.
When i was there i saw trailers offloading building materials while a guesthouse and some filling stations are opening up.
My town have a University, now one guy Obijackson have opened a worldclass hospital at Okija, his construction coy have its yard along the Onitsha Owerri Expressway before the Orasi River, opposite the yard is where FG will site a power generating plant, we are not cramping ourselves In Onitsha, Nnewi or Awka that are developing at their pace.
-This is even development
Kano and Ibadam have been developing since Pope was still an AltarBoy yet they are still looking like buried ancient ruins.
All their universities, churches, mosques, industries, banks etc are clamped in one place, why cant it develop abeg....their wealths are not evenly distributed likewise their development unlike in Igboland where we are republican and everybody develop at his own pace.
Abeg stop the overated Kano abeg, imagine where criminal Abacha that looted Nigeria money came from.
Use google map and see how urbanized SE is not a Kano of bungalows and thatched houses.

Yeah Yeah Yeah but you no fit live dia - Igbo chest beater!!! Arrant monkey!!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by capricon: 5:27pm On Aug 19, 2014
ibedun:

Yeah Yeah Yeah but you no fit live dia - Igbo chest beater!!! Arrant monkey!!!

Why not tell us what u think insead of insults afterall the debate is btw two igbo brothers.

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 6:28pm On Aug 19, 2014
Bishop42: Lagos, Rivers, Anambra, Abia, Kano, Ogun control 90% of cash transactions in
Nigeria – CBN
www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/lagos-6-other-states-control-90-of-cash-transactions-in-nigeria-cbn/

Notice Rivers,Anambra and Abia comes before Kano. This means kano is not that rich compare the Eastern states

Again, how can kano state be bigger when its volume of cash transaction is less than Anambra and Abia

Comparing kano with Enugu is LIKE comparing Kano with Calabar Both state should be put in their place or category. One is great place to live and raise children While the other is a massive depressing slum only fools would love to raise kids.

Rather than telling we mugus that Kano is London or New york, we need a picture evidence or shut up forever.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 6:37pm On Aug 19, 2014
IGBOSON1:

^^^They should ask the silly woman to write a 10 page report on: 'How to sit your fat arsse down in one place when you suspect you may have ebola'! angry angry angry

Heh heh heh
The lady claims that she panicked.
A desperate young wife face to face with her own impending death, the so-called "feeling of impending doom" took the better of her.
We now know/always knew women are less likely to handle their emotions as efficiently as men.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by HappyJoe: 6:40pm On Aug 19, 2014
Can we keep to the topic of this thread - developments in Enugu please?

No distractions.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 19, 2014
ENUGU= the pride of the east!
The pride of nigeria!
The pride of west africa!
The pride of the world!
I LOVE ENUGU........

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 7:18pm On Aug 19, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: ENUGU= the pride of the east!
The pride of nigeria!
The pride of west africa!
The pride of the world!
I LOVE ENUGU........
Looks like Enugu finally grew on you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (707) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.