Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:53 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (361) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1781704 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:00am On Apr 11, 2015
This zoo estate road...forgive me for not meeting up to spyder's picture quality grin

First picture: the road leads to Ogui junction
Second picture: the road leads to the zoo estate gate
Last pic is gburugburu house in zoo estates...went to see the incoming governor, I was being careful, as it's tension period make the security no come question my snapping grin

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:02am On Apr 11, 2015
Random pictures from GRA

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:04am On Apr 11, 2015
Beside parklane, parkland hospital by the right.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:07am On Apr 11, 2015
I really don't know the name of this area, but it's off ogui road around railway quarters.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:13am On Apr 11, 2015
Ogui new layout. This part, or rather all parts of ogui new layout are drastically changing in layout...big residential houses keep coming out, while streets are getting finer. I didn't really capture the finer parts...taking pictures didn't come to head then tongue

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:17am On Apr 11, 2015
Enugu police at alert tongue

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ckenneths(m): 12:20am On Apr 11, 2015
The terrible condition of the federal roads around Enugu keep causing havoc, a commercial bus sumersaulted along Enugu-Port Harcourt express road on Friday evening. More pictures here ...

http://amazingviewpoints..com/?m=1

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:20am On Apr 11, 2015
A small street in Trans Ekulu. The road is not good but the layout and trees will make you imagine the outlook when the road is put in shape.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:24am On Apr 11, 2015
A part of Enugu-ph highway...imagining how this place will turn out in the next 5 years.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 11, 2015
spyder880:

Welcome nwanne. Expecting more of your pictures.
Thanks my oga Spyder.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:38am On Apr 11, 2015
I think I will get a picture of National library/ NTA road, that looks amazing. cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:45am On Apr 11, 2015
This a goat market off Ph road, any person who knows the name of the market should help me out...98% of the sellers here are northerners...don't try to cheat them with igbo language cause they will catch you. They may even speak igbo more than you cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 12:52am On Apr 11, 2015
centje:
A part of Enugu-ph highway...imagining how this place will turn out in the next 5 years.

By God's grace, government will plan this place well before the "development" comes.
If not, it will turn out as the usual unsightly slums along major roads in most cities of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:02am On Apr 11, 2015
OreMI22:

By God's grace, government will plan this place well before the "development" comes.
If not, it will turn out as the usual unsightly slums along major roads in most cities of Nigeria
the whole place is planned already. As the centenary city takes shape, the highway will be made 6 lanes or something bigger.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by passion007: 2:44am On Apr 11, 2015
centje:
I really don't know the name of this area, but it's off ogui road around railway quarters.
I believe this is still Asata, by Dayspring, leading straight down into Independence Layout. This is where you can get the tastiest moi moi in Nigeria. ..Heh heh heh

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by tranxo(m): 4:56am On Apr 11, 2015
centje:
passion007:
I believe this is still Asata, by Dayspring, leading straight down into Independence Layout. This is where you can get the tastiest moi moi in Nigeria. ..Heh heh heh
Lagos street

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by backtosender: 5:27am On Apr 11, 2015
WOW nice place enugu the small london cheesy cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by mensdept: 5:39am On Apr 11, 2015
All these pics and yet hardly any world class structures after how many years?

That airport? How long does it take to upgrade an airport to full international status? A decade?

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 9:26am On Apr 11, 2015
mensdept:

My dear, I am not after world class structures in Enugu, what I need is an organised city and state with good/affordable standard of living. Breathing-taking cities can still be achieved without world class structures.
Enugu, rest of igbos and former eastern region has been facing systematic marginalisation since the end of Biafran war. In addition, compare the federal allocations to Enugu and other Nigeria states with what is on ground in Enugu, remember Abakaliki was part of Enugu, and Enugu was part of Old Anambra. So the best approach in this situation is prudent use of the available resources, rather than unnecessary big structures only to make name without any meaningful benefit to the citizens.

International airport, is a federal government project, that Enugu is only getting international airport now, after years kano, PH achieved that status very well affirms my earlier point on marginalisation of igbos..

mensdept post: That airport? How long does it take to upgrade an airport to full international status? A decade?

However, world class structures exist, the new secretariat, malls including the polo mall, centenary city,...

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2118650_20150212113425_jpeg4ea2bd6e6bf433ff816f1a639b9ddfe2

www.nairaland.com/attachments/772498_Polo_park_jpgc38ab7e2aa675781731abd7898eeaa9a

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by tranxo(m): 11:21am On Apr 11, 2015
mensdept:

That airport? How long does it take to upgrade an airport to full international status? A decade?
Sir do you live in Enugu?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by myhobbies(m): 12:31pm On Apr 12, 2015

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by write2obi(m): 2:36pm On Apr 12, 2015
Nwannem nchi . Just continue from where chime stopped cheesy

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:49pm On Apr 12, 2015
centje:

My dear, I am not after world class structures in Enugu, what I need is an organised city and state with good/affordable standard of living. Breathing-taking cities can still be achieved without world class structures.
Enugu, rest of igbos and former eastern region has been facing systematic marginalisation since the end of Biafran war. In addition, compare the federal allocations to Enugu and other Nigeria states with what is on ground in Enugu, remember Abakaliki was part of Enugu, and Enugu was part of Old Anambra. So the best approach in this situation is prudent use of the available resources, rather than unnecessary big structures only to make name with meaningful effect on the citizens.

International airport, is a federal government project, that Enugu is only getting international airport now, after years kano, PH achieved that status very well affirms my earlier point on marginalisation of igbos..

However, world class structures exist, the new secretariat, malls including the polo mall, centenary city,...

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2118650_20150212113425_jpeg4ea2bd6e6bf433ff816f1a639b9ddfe2

www.nairaland.com/attachments/772498_Polo_park_jpgc38ab7e2aa675781731abd7898eeaa9a

Wonderful answer. Happy Sunday bro.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:51pm On Apr 12, 2015
myhobbies:
Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi of PDP has won. http://www.dailypost.ng/2015/04/12/enugu-guber-pdp-candidate-ugwuanyi-defeats-apc/

No surprises there at all, just like waking up and seeing my Telly in the living room as it was last nightgrin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:54pm On Apr 12, 2015
write2obi:
Nwannem nchi . Just continue from where chime stopped cheesy

Nwannem chi cheesy You must be from Nsukka area, I grew up there.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by write2obi(m): 6:29pm On Apr 12, 2015
spyder880:

Nwannem chi cheesy You must be from Nsukka area, I grew up there.
Yea am from uzo-uwani , are you happy with the outcome of the enugu governorship election ?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:32pm On Apr 12, 2015
write2obi:

Yea am from uzo-uwani , are you happy with the outcome of the enugu governorship election ?

Very happy, as long as he will continue the works of Chime and work in Nkanu local government.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by write2obi(m): 6:34pm On Apr 12, 2015
spyder880:

Very happy, as long as he will continue the works of Chime and work in Nkanu local government.
grin good, i hope so too
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:25am On Apr 13, 2015
spyder880:

Wonderful answer. Happy Sunday bro.

Thanks Nwannemmadu!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:36am On Apr 13, 2015
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:40am On Apr 13, 2015
Dirty and ugly place! I don't like Nigerian leaders for failing to privide good infrastructure. angry angry angry angry
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by osystein(m): 1:47am On Apr 13, 2015
^^^nobody waits for Nigerian leaders around here.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (358) (359) (360) (361) (362) (363) (364) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.