Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1782877 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 3:27pm On Jul 08, 2015
centje:
Afam, you're an IT expert, why not present a business proposal to those eastern governors and business men, like innoson?
I have done that once. My proposal stands a better chance to be accepted by the Lagos state government than the east. Those governors don't see the need for it. They don't understand it and you will be frustrated in trying to convince them otherwise.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 3:29pm On Jul 08, 2015
Afam4eva:

I have done that once. My proposal stands a better chance to be accepted by the Lagos state government than the east. Those governors don't see the need for it. They don't understand it and you will be frustrated in trying to convince them otherwise.

I think you need to try again, show then these pages and hold a spellbinding presentation to them. If it starts to work out then count us in to provide the "buzz".
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 08, 2015
There are good lawyers in Enugu like Barr Uzo of Uzoagbara chamber. No 1 Adelabu street off agbani road. Though the govt can get other competent hands like Chris Uche San, Olisa Agbakoba san or lateef fagbemi san
spyder880:

l think you have a point here, so, where are the lawyers in Enugu?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 08, 2015
Afam4eva:

Yes I know how fustrating it is because a friend of mine did similar thing in Absu but get frustrated.

The reason is that your based in Lagos, drop proposal in Awka or Enugu and return back to Lagos without following it.
They would take you serious the day you open an office in any of the state and start following your proposal bumper to bumper.

This is why I said brain drain is killing Igboland, everybody has ran away to Lagos but keep crying things aren't working yet they are not there help improve on situation.

When you drop yours in Lagos ofcuse u will always move to Ikeja to monitor things now.

Open a branch in East.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 08, 2015
I want to commend Buddah for his constructive criticism in seeing that Igbo land develops to world class standard,I appreciate it so much when I see and read your well stated arguement on Igboville and Proudly Anioma Proudly Igbo facebook pages. Keep it up bro

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Goodnuel: 4:17pm On Jul 08, 2015
spyder880:

What type of beans is that, looks like agbugbu?
Yea.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Goodnuel: 4:18pm On Jul 08, 2015
milychocs:

The Awgu way to make abacha.... cool....
....adding a sprinkling of akidi (black beans) to it
Who says the people of old were not intelligent?
Balance the starch with some protein rich food
....since not every one can afford fish
We make ours differently...however this is equally awesome

My brother's friend always brought this to us anytime his parents had "meetings"...which was a lot...his father was popular( village and church)
Now drooling sad
I miss home
Haha... Come home tongue

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 08, 2015
Afam4eva:

Maybe he doesn't know that before he presented that many people might have done similar thing. One thing with East is that its not as easy as many think, they see East as a place where ideas from Lagos is considered best but not knowing that many Lagos based companies have discovered the trick of using Eastern address to see for Eastern jobs.

Yes it does work, recently APCON just open office in Onitsha, soon now other bodies will join.

Before you present to East package it like your presenting to Abuja, this is one the killer moves in PR.

But don't think you can those jobs without greasing some palms, this is Nigeria code of conduct
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 08, 2015
ifeanyi199555:
Akanu Ibiam satellite view. Though I believe work on the international terminal is way past the stage on this photograph. I believe the work has progressed to roofing level.
Looks like they've finally added a taxiway; which would mean that more than one plane can land within 20 secs.
Also, credit to Buhari's team for not abandoning the terminal project.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:01pm On Jul 08, 2015
spyder880:

What type of beans is that, looks like agbugbu?
That is Akidi but the abacha still lack or need Ukpaka (oil bean) majorly used by Nenwe, Awgu, Mgbowo, Odume and other Aninri towns, apart from these towns other one's in Greater Awgu still fry abacha like other Enuguites.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Jul 08, 2015
Igbonazy:
From my experience, Igbos in Southeast are way smarter, very hardworking, well cultured and accademically brilliant than igbos living in Abuja or Lagos. I have always adviced friends who want to improve their kids academic performance to send them to boarding school in East.

Why do igbos abroad prefer marrying from South East than Abroad or Abuja? Did innoson learn his vehicle manufacturing in Lagos?

Bro believe it or not you are more like a subhuman when compared with those dudes living in Southeast,if you doubt me challange them academically.
Sir, I agree that Igbos living in the SE are smart. But a big reason why some Igbo guys based abroad come to the SE to pick a wife is because most of those ladies aren't "too wise". The men know that they can remote control those women easily, compared to the "wise" ladies living abroad or in Lagos.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 5:09pm On Jul 08, 2015
Igbonazy:
From my experience, Igbos in Southeast are way smarter, very hardworking, well cultured and accademically brilliant than igbos living in Abuja or Lagos. I have always adviced friends who want to improve their kids academic performance to send them to boarding school in East.

Why do igbos abroad prefer marrying from South East than Abroad or Abuja? Did innoson learn his vehicle manufacturing in Lagos?

Bro believe it or not you are more like a subhuman when compared with those dudes living in Southeast,if you doubt me challange them academically.
We are talking about modernity and not smartness and or hardwork.
Only the banking sector has any inclination to modernity and adopting technogy therby making tasks and processes easier.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by 1960chic(f): 5:18pm On Jul 08, 2015
spyder880:

I wonder o, someone should tell him that we have able and capable human materials to choose from. I can work as his commissioner for works and housing grin seriously o grin

Oga spyder, why are u dulling me na? I've sent you a mail, I get job at hand. Let's discuss please
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:42pm On Jul 08, 2015
1960chic:

Oga spyder, why are u dulling me na? I've sent you a mail, I get job at hand. Let's discuss please

Which mail?, please resend. Sorry for the delay.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:47pm On Jul 08, 2015
Unemadu:

We are talking about modernity and not smartness and or hardwork.
Only the banking sector has any inclination to modernity and adopting technogy therby making tasks and processes easier.

Every government, local, state and even town unions should fund, maintain an online presence, this is the only way people not close to it can have a sense of belonging, see things as they happen and even contribute to the happenings from wherever they are.

This might make the cost of governance lighter, messages, circulars and information can be passed down from place to place at very minimal cost. Imagine that ESWAMA of Enugu even passed a law allowing them to arrest, detain and terrorize citizens of Enugu state and you all didnt know?

We are just operating a government of darkness in most states in Nigeria.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:48pm On Jul 08, 2015
CFCfan:

Looks like they've finally added a taxiway; which would mean that more than one plane can land within 20 secs.
Also, credit to Buhari's team for not abandoning the terminal project.

They didn't abandon the airport, credit to them.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:50pm On Jul 08, 2015
DikeOha882:
I want to commend Buddah for his constructive criticism in seeing that Igbo land develops to world class standard,I appreciate it so much when I see and read your well stated arguement on Igboville and Proudly Anioma Proudly Igbo facebook pages. Keep it up bro

Buddahmonk has been phenomenal in his submissions. Very enlightening.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by 1960chic(f): 6:51pm On Jul 08, 2015
spyder880:

Which mail?, please resend. Sorry for the delay.

Your gmail account, just re-sent it. Please check ur mail.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:54pm On Jul 08, 2015
1960chic:

Your gmail account, just re-sent it. Please check ur mail.

Ok.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 08, 2015
The guy is intelligent
spyder880:

Buddahmonk has been phenomenal in his submissions. Very enlightening.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 7:08pm On Jul 08, 2015
asha80:
I just wanted to correct the impression that non of the se govt had websites.
Whether they were redundant or not is another story
Check my previous posts again, never said they didn't have websites. Having a website isn't same as social media presence(Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn) etc. Unless official websites have been included recently.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 08, 2015
Any idea the plan for the soon to be completed akanu ibiam international terminal? In terms of carriers that will operate through Enugu? Arik Enugu to london will be grand! As well as KLM, Air France or Lufthansa.
Is this possible though? Or is it only going to be Ethiopian airlines we are left with?
Also any picture updates
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by 1960chic(f): 7:30pm On Jul 08, 2015
spyder880:

Ok.

Ok. thanks spyder
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jul 08, 2015
My dear, Ibori's case makes my suspicion more factual. The question is, was Ibori convicted in Nigeria? Here are list of politicians, of other extraction, charged with corrupt practices but are walking free now; Alamesiegh, Bankole, Faruk Lawan, Femi fani-kayode, Timpre Sylva, Admiral Nyako Murtala, Ali Modu Sherrif, Sule Lamido and so on...

DikeOha882:
On the issue of ethnic conspiracy , I disagree with you cos Ibori case was the same. Enugu state govt never lodged a complaint to efcc, rather efcc been an agency of federal govt arraigned him in the law court, what we expect from Enugu govt is to challenge the federal govt about the forfeiture like what Delta state govt did
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 08, 2015
Na wa o, you guys should take it easy. Our ladies down east are olodos? grin This is 21 century, even nollywood have shift from such believe. Most time guys are looking for good wives not timid ones.

CFCfan:

Sir, I agree that Igbos living in the SE are smart. But a big reason why some Igbo guys based abroad come to the SE to pick a wife is because most of those ladies aren't "too wise". The men know that they can remote control those women easily, compared to the "wise" ladies living abroad or in Lagos.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 08, 2015
I understand your argument but his loot was repatriated to nigeria which a court awarde his loot to federal govt,but delta state govt appealled against the case in a higher court.
centje:
My dear, Ibori's case makes my suspicion more factual. The question is, was Ibori convicted in Nigeria? Here are list of politicians, of other extraction, charged with corrupt practices but are walking free now; Alamesiegh, Bankole, Faruk Lawan, Femi fani-kayode, Timpre Sylva, Admiral Nyako Murtala, Ali Modu Sherrif, Sule Lamido and so on...

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 08, 2015
I thinks say nah only me see the degrading. And unfortunate comment made by cfc
centje:
Na wa o, you guys should take it easy. Our ladies down east are olodos? grin This is 21 century, even nollywood have shift from such believe. Most time guys are looking for a good wives not timid ones.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2015
We still have a lot of business men in the east without website and other Internet based outfit to help market their products. For instance, a lot of big Hospitals in Enugu, except for few like Annunciation Hospital, are yet to computerise their services. And like Buddahmonk wrote, follow up is very important.

Afam4eva:

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:22pm On Jul 08, 2015
DikeOha882:

Bros thanks so much, unification of Igboland is a task that must be accomplished.

I pains me whenever I go through our cities, to be sincere East is the easiest place to be governed in Nigeria because the ccitizens require nothing much from the government.

Just provide security,good roads and few other things to garnish them. In my family house in Onitsha there is borehole in the villa there is borehole but our streets are not tarred.
If you visit this place and see how houses are arranged and house streets are interconnected you will marvel but because of no coaltar the place look somehow.

Let governs in East try as much as possible to attract penetration of broadband internet connectivity and see how East can best everybody in Nigeria.
Imagine Atiku having his feedmill and university in his state but some Igbos will ask you whether there is seaport or airport for such investment in East.

Its pains me to accept the truth that Igbos are the most dispersed and scattered people in Nigeria, forget the population density theory. Many Igbos love to be addressed as Kano, Lagos or Port Harcourt based businessman than Onitsha, Nnewi or Aba based why
When I was going back to East in December I saw some Igbos travelling back to Xmas with bags of rice, they charged for those bags of rice but they were okay with it because it will massage their ego that the rice wasn't bought at Nkwo Ihiala but at Oshodi, I was laughing.

The best way to develop Igboland is for we Igbos to show we have faith in our land, the way we are running away from there who do you think will hold the governors responsible, who will be the check on police and other government agencies working in East.
Igbos that owns NGOs will go to Ogun and Oyo states to execute projects but nobody remembers the less privileged in Igboland because they want Lagos media to cover their activities.

After every discharge from NYSC every succesful Igbo ex corp member will be telling you "nwanne okwa lag ooo" "nwanne na to enter lag ooo" some will be asking you "nwa kedu mgbe ina abanye lag" ?

The one that pains me most when Igbos always shout we own 90% Abuja, we own 80% Lagos, we 60% Kano, we own 50% Kaduna ......how many % did these people own in your own Land for crying out ?

13 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 08, 2015
I hope Enugu state Government is aware. I personally wouldn't want any penny into federal purse. If Chima is found guilt the properties goes to Enugu state.

DikeOha882:
I understand your argument but his loot was repatriated to nigeria which a court awarde his loot to federal govt,but delta state govt appealled against the case in a higher court.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 08, 2015
ifeanyi199555:
Any idea the plan for the soon to be completed akanu ibiam international terminal? In terms of carriers that will operate through Enugu? Arik Enugu to london will be grand! As well as KLM, Air France or Lufthansa.
Is this possible though? Or is it only going to be Ethiopian airlines we are left with?
Also any picture updates
It's possible that Emirates, KLM et al could launch flights to Enugu; but an Arik Enugu-London route is doubtful.
Arik recently stopped their Abj-London due to low passenger numbers, so I don't see how the Enugu route will be a success, financially.

However, an Enugu - Atlanta/Houston/LA route could be a gold mine.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 08, 2015
centje:
Na wa o, you guys should take it easy. Our ladies down east are olodos? grin This is 21 century, even nollywood have shift from such believe. Most time guys are looking for a good wives not timid ones.

I don't mean that they are olodo. Of course, they are book smart, and have deep knowledge of Igbo culture.

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.