Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,688 members, 7,816,799 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (404) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1782627 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by IGBOSON1: 9:35pm On Jul 12, 2015
What we need to do as a people is to try and find a way to raise at least 20 billion naira to expand AIIA! Maybe a consortium of venture capitalists could be formed, or we could source the funds via the capital market! This is where Ohaneze Ndigbo and/or any other pan-Igbo group would have been helpful.....not for them to only remind us they exist when it's time for partisan politics!

We need to put our money where our mouth is and find a way to harness into a common pool the vast economic potentials/resources of Umuigbo both at home and in diaspora! The time for talking is over!!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by waternopassgari: 9:50pm On Jul 12, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^This is why i reckon Princess Stella is miles better than Osita Chidoka! Instead of him to have used the time he was minister to properly reposition AIIA for growth as an international airport, he was busy blowing grammar and carrying 'one Nigeria' for head like persin wey dey hawk groundnut!

I've noticed most of our political elite from the South East and South South tend to act this way while others use any opportunity they have to grab and locate everything to their region and favour kinsfolk over others! GEJ is another example of the type of elite we produce.....to scared and wanting to act all fair and shi't!

Goodluck to any brother who thinks that under a Buhari presidency AIIA will get the necessary assistance and all it needs to be established and progress as a new international airport!

grin grin grin grin grin

U must be joking. Chidoka do wat? Mbanu, he will be aviation minister again or maybe they will forget his igbo and make him president.

It is not about Man or Woman but sense. Common sense and dat is not common.

Stella is Adaeze Ndiigbo, our very own darling.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:05am On Jul 13, 2015
IGBOSON1:
What we need to do as a people is to try and find a way to raise at least 20 billion naira to expand AIIA! Maybe a consortium of venture capitalists could be formed, or we could source the funds via the capital market! This is where Ohaneze Ndigbo and/or any other pan-Igbo group would have been helpful.....not for them to only remind us they exist when it's time for partisan politics!

We need to put our money where our mouth is and find a way to harness into a common pool the vast economic potentials/resources of Umuigbo both at home and in diaspora! The time for talking is over!!!!
To achieve all that, the airport will have to be sold either to a holding company of the venture capitalists, or to ENSG.

With the N20bn (or more) secured, I'll completely pull down the current domestic terminal; and in its place build a befitting 21st century terminal. The runway would be expanded to, at least, 3.5km, ditto for the taxiway.

There will be an airport train to move people between the terminals within a few minutes. Each terminal would have a minimum of 7 jet bridges. The apron will have the capacity to handle 15 parked aircraft.

The traveling population in the SE and some parts of the Middle-belt (Benue), and Igbo expats abroad should make the Enugu profitable. As someone typed earlier, Libreville-Enugu-Europe/ Johannesburg-Enugu-US flights are financially plausible.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 1:15am On Jul 13, 2015
CFCfan:

To achieve all that, the airport will have to be sold either to a holding company of the venture capitalists, or to ENSG.

With the N20bn (or more) secured, I'll completely pull down the current domestic terminal; and in its place build a befitting 21st century terminal. The runway would be expanded to, at least, 3.5km, ditto for the taxiway.

There will be an airport train to move people between the terminals within a few minutes. Each terminal would have a minimum of 7 jet bridges. The apron will have the capacity to handle 15 parked aircraft.

The traveling population in the SE and some parts of the Middle-belt (Benue), and Igbo expats abroad should make the Enugu profitable. As someone typed earlier, Libreville-Enugu-Europe/ Johannesburg-Enugu-US flights are financially plausible.

One reason why i love you so much, even when i disagree with you is that you ALWAYS think outside the box.
You have such practicable mind about how to solve problems or riddles from their root, its amazing! I hope you know it's a gift.

Selling the airport is the only practical way it can reach its full potential in a retrogressive tribalistic society like Nigeria
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:52am On Jul 13, 2015
Cjrane2:

One reason why i love you so much, even when i disagree with you is that you ALWAYS think outside the box.
You have such practicable mind about how to solve problems or riddles from their root, its amazing! I hope you know it's a gift.
Thanks. I only dream of a Nigeria that is a true economic giant of Africa. cool
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by BlackPikiN(m): 3:19am On Jul 13, 2015
spyder880:
I was part of this fun carnival in Enugu this morning. ..........

Can you also make a video and upload them on YouTube.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:40am On Jul 13, 2015
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry lipsrsealed
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by waternopassgari: 8:08am On Jul 13, 2015
Some people say the problem is our christian value, the yorubas say we are not politically savvy or is it sophisticated.

I put it down to common sense not being common. I will hold out until the day igbos learn to reassure yorubas and hausa wen they complain that our public officer have not left out our region in terms of project allocation. Like they did Stella Oduah.

Tell them wateva it is they want to hear about the minister, but by the time your tenure is up(as in the case of Chidoka), your efforts should make that minister attain the status of Angel.

Wen I say effort, I am talking about giving Ndiigbo their own fair share of national project in the East.

This is wat, i hold out to see from Ndiigbo. Not the usual going there to answer better person with nothing to show.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:53am On Jul 13, 2015
BlackPikiN:

Can you also make a video and upload them on YouTube.

l will try.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 1:25pm On Jul 13, 2015
IGBOSON1:

^^^This is why i reckon Princess Stella is miles better than Osita Chidoka! Instead of him to have used the time he was minister to properly reposition AIIA for growth as an international airport, he was busy blowing grammar and carrying 'one Nigeria' for head like persin wey dey hawk groundnut!

I've noticed most of our political elite from the South East and South South tend to act this way while others use any opportunity they have to grab and locate everything to their region and favour their kinsfolk over others! GEJ is another example of the type of elite we produce.....too scared and wanting to act all fair and shi't!

Goodluck to any brother who thinks that under a Buhari presidency AIIA will get the necessary assistance and all it needs to be established and progress as a new international airport!

Chidoka is a typical Igbo Efulefu who is ok with the status quo, so long as his own pocket keeps growing.

I hope he still goes to Okpara Square for morning exercise. Imagine there's is no Okpara Square built by someone else, Chidoka won't have a place to do morning exercise.

God bless Stella Odua.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:47am On Jul 14, 2015
Umu Enugwu unu eme aga?

Deeje nu

Daaru nu

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ARROBA(m): 2:50am On Jul 14, 2015
FAAN: Akanu Ibiam Airport’s Intl Terminal to Be Completed in Eight Months

The Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) on Sunday said the international terminal of the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu now under construction, would be completed within the next eight months baring any hitches.

The Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of FAAN, Mr. Saleh Dunoma, said they were working round the clock to ensure that the target date was realistic.

Former President Goodluck Jonathan had while flagging off his campaign earlier in the year in Enugu assured that the terminal would be completed before long.

But addressing journalists after inspecting facilities at the airport, Dunoma said the basic facilities needed for the smooth operation of the airport were already in place while further maintenance work on the runway would be carried out to tackle some identified challenges including the poor drainage system.

He said the airport had continued to receive due attention since it was upgraded especially in terms of provision of aviation facilities and basic infrastructures.

“Akanu Ibiam has been a very lucky airport in terms of our projects. If you look at the remodelling of the terminal building which has since been completed and inaugurated, the new international terminal is being roofed and it is the highest level we have gone so far as far as the new terminals are concerned.

“I was in Port Harcourt, Lagos and now I am in Enugu, this is the one that has gone far, it has reached the roofing stage and they are doing the roofing.

“The runway for Enugu was completed but we are having some challenges of drainages on the runway, which is one of the major reasons that brought me here. I have seen it and we will call the contractor back to make sure that they rectify the issues with the drainages.”

According to the FAAN boss, some of the equipment needed for installation at the international wing were already at the airport saying as soon as the ongoing construction works were completed, it would boost the activities of the airport.

Both the domestic and international flight operations are currently being handled from the remodelled domestic terminal where the FAAN, immigration, customs and airline personnel are being accommodated.

“You can see that some of the equipment meant for the terminal building are still outside; I have instructed the Airport Manager to shelter them and we have gotten a brand new 1,000 KVA generator which I have directed that it should be installed as quickly as possible to assist them in boosting power supply so that the new facilities we are bringing will be connected to the new 1,000 KVA power generator,” Dunoma said.

He expressed satisfaction with the progress of work on various projects in the airport, assuring that with sustainable funding they would be completed on schedule to enable the airport function optimally.

“You can see that all the projects in Akanu Ibiam are going on very fine and I am happy with that. We have timeline for the construction of all the international terminal buildings which is expected to last for 24 months. This one (Enugu) is now about 16 months and we still have eight months to go.

“We are pushing hard to make sure that the contractor completes it on time. You can see that they are doing roofing, they have applied for extension of time; we don’t want to grant that. We want to push them to make sure that they complete them within the stipulated time but funds are going to dictate how quickly, whether we can still adhere to the timing or we will give them extension of time.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/faan-akanu-ibiam-airport-s-intl-terminal-to-be-completed-in-eight-months/214456/

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 3:54am On Jul 14, 2015
ARROBA:
FAAN: Akanu Ibiam Airport’s Intl Terminal to Be Completed in Eight Months

The Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) on Sunday said the international terminal of the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu now under construction, would be completed within the next eight months baring any hitches.

The Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of FAAN, Mr. Saleh Dunoma, said they were working round the clock to ensure that the target date was realistic.

Former President Goodluck Jonathan had while flagging off his campaign earlier in the year in Enugu assured that the terminal would be completed before long.

But addressing journalists after inspecting facilities at the airport, Dunoma said the basic facilities needed for the smooth operation of the airport were already in place while further maintenance work on the runway would be carried out to tackle some identified challenges including the poor drainage system.

He said the airport had continued to receive due attention since it was upgraded especially in terms of provision of aviation facilities and basic infrastructures.

“Akanu Ibiam has been a very lucky airport in terms of our projects. If you look at the remodelling of the terminal building which has since been completed and inaugurated, the new international terminal is being roofed and it is the highest level we have gone so far as far as the new terminals are concerned.

“I was in Port Harcourt, Lagos and now I am in Enugu, this is the one that has gone far, it has reached the roofing stage and they are doing the roofing.

“The runway for Enugu was completed but we are having some challenges of drainages on the runway, which is one of the major reasons that brought me here. I have seen it and we will call the contractor back to make sure that they rectify the issues with the drainages.”

According to the FAAN boss, some of the equipment needed for installation at the international wing were already at the airport saying as soon as the ongoing construction works were completed, it would boost the activities of the airport.

Both the domestic and international flight operations are currently being handled from the remodelled domestic terminal where the FAAN, immigration, customs and airline personnel are being accommodated.

“You can see that some of the equipment meant for the terminal building are still outside; I have instructed the Airport Manager to shelter them and we have gotten a brand new 1,000 KVA generator which I have directed that it should be installed as quickly as possible to assist them in boosting power supply so that the new facilities we are bringing will be connected to the new 1,000 KVA power generator,” Dunoma said.

He expressed satisfaction with the progress of work on various projects in the airport, assuring that with sustainable funding they would be completed on schedule to enable the airport function optimally.

“You can see that all the projects in Akanu Ibiam are going on very fine and I am happy with that. We have timeline for the construction of all the international terminal buildings which is expected to last for 24 months. This one (Enugu) is now about 16 months and we still have eight months to go.

“We are pushing hard to make sure that the contractor completes it on time. You can see that they are doing roofing, they have applied for extension of time; we don’t want to grant that. We want to push them to make sure that they complete them within the stipulated time but funds are going to dictate how quickly, whether we can still adhere to the timing or we will give them extension of time.”

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/faan-akanu-ibiam-airport-s-intl-terminal-to-be-completed-in-eight-months/214456/

The man has given every reason in the world such as shortage of funding why in spite of "his" desire to complete the 8 months timeline, it will not be feasible.

The best things for airports in Nigeria is to privatise them. Let big construction companies and business men buy it and run it profitable.
As long as they are left in the hands of the government in a highly tribalistic country like Nigeria, nepotism often come against business and common sense.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:01am On Jul 14, 2015
nwaonyeke:
Umu Enugwu unu eme aga?

Deeje nu

Daaru nu

Anyi du oyi cheesy

Daaru nu o, deeme nu o, ndeewo nu o, deeje nu o,

Amushi amushi!, Offia inyinya offia inyinya!, Ogbuzuru ogbuzuru!, Attamah attamah!, otigbu inyinya otigbu inynya!

Ekelekwee mu unu o! grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by lacosanostra: 7:14am On Jul 14, 2015
Dr. UchechukwuSampson Ogah (OON) FCA.
A widely recognized expert of corporate re-engineering, the Chiefproponent of Abia industrialization, the Chiefphilosopher of empowerment/job creation Cum Chancellor of Abia Rejoice.
Indeed, reputation is not built on what a man intends to do but what he has done already. Dr. UchechukwuSampson Ogah refused to go where the path may lead him; rather he went where there is no path and has left a great trail as a symbol of man’s ingenuity for generation unborn to emulate and his landmark achievements in a very short time is a clear evidence that the future of Igbo nation is indeed bright with the floating of Masters Energy industrial city in Abia to add to its ultra-modern integrated oil and gas logistics Centre in Rivers State, tagged, "Masters Energy City" with a storage facility of over 158,000 metric tones.
Despite the ongoing capital-flight in Abia state as a result of insecurity, economic instability, and political imposition, Masters Energy Group is on the last lap of completing its multi-billion naira industrial city located in Onuaku, Uturu, Abia State which is expected to commence operations by September 2015 by God’s grace.
The industrial city is taking-offwith integrated plastic makingfactory, noodles production, organic fertilizer plant, lubricant blending plant, storage facility, aluminum profile factory and pipeline manufacturingplant among others to create about 14,000 jobs (direct and indirect) within the South-East region and Nigeria in general.
In fulfillment of the dream of the visionary president of Masters Energy Group, Dr. UchechukwuSampson Ogah, other facilities expected in the industrial city that have reached advanced stage include; an Information Communication Technology (ICT) centre, high-tech laboratory facility, a well-equipped hospital, police/security post, firefightingstation, residential quarters for workers and a three star hotel for visitors and customers within the all in one industrial city.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by lacosanostra: 7:20am On Jul 14, 2015
Those who will invest at home will do so without much preaching, I don't Abia has the best facilities to attract investment, but Ogah is not minding. Good morning all.Dallu nu

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by BlackPikiN(m): 10:31am On Jul 14, 2015
^^^^Ogah is the man, I saw pictures of the industrial city online. He's truly a son of the soil.

I heard work is still ongoing.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 11:01am On Jul 14, 2015
Sorry guys, but I've seen that the way Nigeria is currently set up, nothing good structurally can really come out of it, all you'd be doing is patch-patch work. For example, your $200 million crowd funded airport will not have money to run on, and it will eventually deteriorate like MMA. The best thing would be to create 'manageable' structures until the environment lets up. Look at Tinapa, bad planning and a gang up of the politicians in the north killed that off so easily. All the Julius Berger construction and Dangote cement produces shoddy third rate work.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 14, 2015
My brother the private sector in Nigeria is not regulated well enough to adopt the free market system in areas such as transportation like airports. They have to be regulatory bodies that will be there to protect the average consumer before privatisation of such can happen. But ofcourse this is totally possible. The airport will have to be completed first.
OreMI22:

The man has given every reason in the world such as shortage of funding why in spite of "his" desire to complete the 8 months timeline, it will not be feasible.

The best things for airports in Nigeria is to privatise them. Let big construction companies and business men buy it and run it profitable.
As long as they are left in the hands of the government in a highly tribalistic country like Nigeria, nepotism often come against business and common sense.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jul 14, 2015
Please what do you mean?
ezeagu:
Sorry guys, but I've seen that the way Nigeria is currently set up, nothing good structurally can really come out of it, all you'd be doing is patch-patch work. For example, your $200 million crowd funded airport will not have money to run on, and it will eventually deteriorate like MMA. The best thing would be to create 'manageable' structures until the environment lets up. Look at Tinapa, bad planning and a gang up of the politicians in the north killed that off so easily. All the Julius Berger construction and Dangote cement produces shoddy third rate work.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ezeagu(m): 4:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
ifeanyi199555:
Please what do you mean?

Nigeria is a crab in a barrel situation.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jul 14, 2015
My only fear is that Nigeria will run out of money very soon! Due to more dwindling oil prices to be caused by Iran reintroduction back into the oil and nuclear market.
I pray they complete this Airport IJN!!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by abagoro(m): 4:48pm On Jul 14, 2015
ezeagu:

Sometimes I get amazed at the way some Igbos blame Northerners for everything. Tinapa's problem is accessibility as a result of bad road connecting Calabar and the rest of Nigeria. The South has ruled from 1999 to 2015 and Tinapa was completed around 2006. When I was complaining that Jonathan should help us in road infrastructure like Enugu/Onitsha highway or Nnewi to Okigwe whuch transverses through Igbo hinterland or even the 2nd Niger bridge most Igbos were unconcerned.

Jonathan is from South south but was busy fighting his people who demanded for the needed attention. Under Buhari a lot of things will work in Nigeria and especially in the Southeast. It is just unfortunate he came in when the last Government has lavished oil boom proceeds.

Ask yourselves who built the 1st Niger bridge, the 1st East-West road, The 4 refineries and the seaports and how many years it took.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 14, 2015
ifeanyi199555:
My brother the private sector in Nigeria is not regulated well enough to adopt the free market system in areas such as transportation like airports. They have to be regulatory bodies that will be there to protect the average consumer before privatisation of such can happen. But ofcourse this is totally possible. The airport will have to be completed first.
The NCAA will superintend over the airports. The privatized airports will have to abide by NCAA rules; just like the NCC monitors the private telecoms providers.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 14, 2015
I see, I see!
CFCfan:

The NCAA will superintend over the airports. The privatized airports will have to abide by NCAA rules; just like the NCC monitors the private telecoms providers.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 9:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
1 pound is now 345 naira.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 9:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
biafrandream:

And the dollar?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 14, 2015
biafrandream:
Emefiele is working grin

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 3:31am On Jul 15, 2015
CFCfan:

One huge impediment to AIIA growth that needs to be addressed quickly for the airport to keep growing is to attract at least one European airline to combine Enugu with one of it's African routes. Just as Port harcourt Intl. airport combines with Abuja for the Lufthansa flight to Frankfurt and Mallam Aminu kano Intl. airport combines with Ndjamena airport for the Istanbul flight. Enugu needs to combine with another African airport to get access into a major European airport such as Paris, Frankfurt or London.

Air France is easily the best airline to negotiate adding Enugu to it's almost empty 3-4 times/ weeks flights from either Lome. Cotonou or Yaounde

Paris-Lome- Enugu
or
Paris-Cotonou-Enugu
or
Paris-Yaounde-Enugu

Any of these combinations will make it feasible for our people to fly from Enugu into Europe or USA and vice versa easily and cheaply.
I hope someone at Govt. house Enugu or somewhere can begin negotiating to add Enugu to any of these 3 Air France routes. I would personally prefer routing via Cotonou or Lome option.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by GEJman: 1:58pm On Jul 15, 2015
ASSA GAS PLANT TO KICK OFF SOON – IMSG
by ADMIN on Jul 15, 2015 • 8:24 AM 0 1 Comments

The Imo State Government has assured the shell Petroleum Development Company Limited and Borkir International Company Limited (subsidiary at Dangote Group) of its cooperation to ensure that Assa North – Ohaji South Gas plant project functions effectively.
The state governor, Owelle Rochas Okorocha stated this when the two companies led by Mr. Walter Weilenger, project manager Shell and Mr. Ahmed S. Yakassai of Dangote group, paid him a courtesy visit at Government House, Owerri shortly after the companies inspected the project.
Governor Okorocha who described gas as a key to nations development said his administration will partner with the two companies to ensure that the project is being realized; pointing out that Imo state is one of the states that has the best gas in the country.
He said that if the project finally comes to reality, it would attract development in the area and as well create employment opportunities to the teeming youths in the state; adding that his administration focuses more attention on job creation.
Owelle Okorocha appealed to the host communities to give a maximum cooperation to the two companies to ensure that Assa North-Ohaji South gas plant project kicks off and as well urged the two companies to engage the youths in the project.

The governor assured them that the state government would provide adequate security for them to operate and made them to understand that the present administration led by President Muhammadu Buhari is interested to fast track development in the country.
Earlier in his speech, Mr. Walter Weilenger project manager, Assa North-Ohaji South Gas Plant Project Shell Petroleum Development Company Ltd, thanked the state governor for a warm welcome and assured him that the project will bring a lot of benefits to the people of Imo state.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 4:56pm On Jul 15, 2015
Enugu lawyer compels EFCC to investigate Chime

By Francis Igata ENUGU—An Enugu-based lawyer, Mr. Ray Nnaji has brought before a Federal High Court sitting in Enugu, a motion on notice, seeking an order of mandamus on the Economic Financial Crime Commission, EFCC, to investigate alleged gross misconduct and financial recklessness by the administration of former Governor Sullivan Chime of Enugu State.

Joined in the suit are Chime’s sons, Nnamdi and Tochukwu, his former Chief of Staff, Ifeoma Nwobodo, his brother, Jide Chime, sister, May Orji, Enugu PDP state chapter Chairman, Ikeje Asogwa, and Accountant General of Enugu State. Nnaji in a petition to EFCC alleged that, ”Chime misappropriated public funds worth 12.8 billion and forged the supplementary appropriation law 2012. “Chime allocated the former Polo park in Enugu, which is a public property to a South Africa company owned Shoprite and Games, a company, Chime has an interest through a proxy. “Chime using a proxy, owns substantial shares or equities in the said South African company.

“The old Trade Fair Complex in Enugu State was also partitioned and arbitrarily allocated to family members and cronies. In breach of his oath of Office and in abuse of his office, Chime allocated the old Eastern Region Industrial Layout, Zik Avenue, property of Enugu State to a company fronted by his second son, Tochukwu Chime without public bidding. “Chime also in abuse of his office, arbitrarily allocated to himself and family members, a substantial portion of Enugu State Conference centre car park and all adjoining lands. This land acquisition was done without invitation to the public to apply, and the illegally acquired plots of land have been largely built up by the governor’s relations, including Nnamdi, Tochukwu Chime and his younger brother Jide Chime, while his elder sister, May Orji is not left out.

“Chime also secretly and fraudulently sold to himself the Hotel Presidential Enugu, Enugu State Water Corporation, his private residence at M9 Independence Layout Enugu.” Hearing for the suit is slated for July 16.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:58pm On Jul 15, 2015
Kcinho:
Enugu lawyer compels EFCC to
investigate Chime

By Francis Igata
ENUGU—An Enugu-based lawyer, Mr. Ray
Nnaji has brought before a Federal High
Court sitting in Enugu, a motion on notice,
seeking an order of mandamus on the
Economic Financial Crime Commission, EFCC,
to investigate alleged gross misconduct and
financial recklessness by the administration
of former Governor Sullivan Chime of Enugu
State.

Joined in the suit are Chime’s sons, Nnamdi
and Tochukwu, his former Chief of Staff,
Ifeoma Nwobodo, his brother, Jide Chime,
sister, May Orji, Enugu PDP state chapter
Chairman, Ikeje Asogwa, and Accountant
General of Enugu State.
Nnaji in a petition to EFCC alleged that,
”Chime misappropriated public funds worth
12.8 billion and forged the supplementary
appropriation law 2012.
“Chime allocated the former Polo park in
Enugu, which is a public property to a South
Africa company owned Shoprite and Games,
a company, Chime has an interest through a
proxy.
“Chime using a proxy, owns substantial
shares or equities in the said South African
company.

“The old Trade Fair Complex in Enugu State
was also partitioned and arbitrarily
allocated to family members and cronies. In
breach of his oath of Office and in abuse
of his office, Chime allocated the old
Eastern Region Industrial Layout, Zik
Avenue, property of Enugu State to a
company fronted by his second son,
Tochukwu Chime without public bidding.
“Chime also in abuse of his office,
arbitrarily allocated to himself and family
members, a substantial portion of Enugu
State Conference centre car park and all
adjoining lands. This land acquisition was
done without invitation to the public to
apply, and the illegally acquired plots of
land have been largely built up by the
governor’s relations, including Nnamdi,
Tochukwu Chime and his younger brother
Jide Chime, while his elder sister, May Orji is
not left out.

“Chime also secretly and fraudulently sold
to himself the Hotel Presidential Enugu,
Enugu State Water Corporation, his private
residence at M9 Independence Layout
Enugu.”
Hearing for the suit is slated for July 16.

He has every right to sue ask for this investigation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.