Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (416) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1782132 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:36am On Sep 07, 2015
Unemadu:

In fairness to Chime, he did complete/add to some of Chima's projects like buildings in parklane, esut and maryland estate etc. I stand to be corrected though.
which esut and Maryland project ?
The building you think he completed was actually started by him ab ignitio.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 3:52am On Sep 07, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

So Chime did nothing in those places? Im also aware he tared roads at that estate around ebeano tunnel built by Chima
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:42am On Sep 07, 2015
Unemadu:

So Chime did nothing in those places? Im also aware he tared roads at that estate around ebeano tunnel built by Chima

yes he did
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:47am On Sep 07, 2015
InyinyaAgbaOku:

I think Chime completed some structures at Esut and parklane that was started by Chimaroke, like the second/third hostel at Esut.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 1:48pm On Sep 07, 2015
spyder880:

I think Chime completed some structures at Esut and parklane that was started by Chimaroke, like the second/third hostel at Esut.

Sullivan also completed one lane of the Ozalla-Agbani road which Chimaroke could not complete.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 1:52pm On Sep 07, 2015
xx

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by eaglechild: 2:50pm On Sep 07, 2015
biafrandream:
Please guys, what project has Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi done since he entered office? Has he started and finished any project no matter how small? Please someone should help me because I am getting impatient with that guy.
I am also getting worried.
His search light seems to have beemed on the ICC, the roads around there are beginning to develop potholes.

I hope he has an eye for maintenance because given the amount of roads done by the previous administration he will have a lot of maintenance to do or else it will be back to square one.

He also needs to start fulfilling his campaign promises.
Emene, Abakpa, Nsukka, 9th mile corner etc.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 1:50am On Sep 08, 2015
cjrane when you used Enugu airport was work going on at the terminal of the international wing?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Cjrane2: 1:54am On Sep 08, 2015
asha80:
cjrane when you used Enugu airport was work going on at the terminal of the international wing?

There was scanty presence of workers at the new terminal, but not abandoned.But has just about 2 workers on the whole edifice.I think they are getting ready to roof it, but just snail speed from my observation.
They now ask ET to stop at the new International terminal building, then the FAAN bus will drive you to the domestic terminal still used for international passengers.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 08, 2015
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 12:35pm On Sep 08, 2015
kenis:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/gov-ugwuanyis-100-days-of-service/

Lol. Ugwuanyi is a one chance governor. Mtcheeew! 'I completed 42 roads in Rivers state in 100 days' – Nyesom Wike. Please compare that with Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 1:03pm On Sep 08, 2015
biafrandream:

Lol. Ugwuanyi is a one chance governor. Mtcheeew! 'I completed 42 roads in Rivers state in 100 days' – Nyesom Wike. Please compare that with Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi.

Not making excuses for Hon. Ugwuanyi, but the budgets are not same.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 1:11pm On Sep 08, 2015
spyder880:

Not making excuses for Hon. Ugwuanyi, but the budgets are not same.

Please did Sullivan get the money he worked with, from heaven? 100 days in office and nobody can point to a single project that Ifeanyi started and completed. 42 roads done by Wike and none for Ugwuanyi. Tufiakwa. May God save us from ndi ekperime. I hate excuses. You see why I love Sulivan, he never gave excuses. He simply delivered.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 1:58pm On Sep 08, 2015
biafrandream:

Wike's road project was a "patch-patch" project i.e maintenance project for porthole-less free road. That is quite different from dualization ,remodeling and rehabilitation of roads as the case of Enugu state. For transparency reasons, the projects go through a bidding process before contracts are awarded. Don't masturbate on something you know nothing about.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cigwegbe(m): 2:17pm On Sep 08, 2015
Read this article to see the way forward for Nigeria!

https://www.nairaland.com/2584742/much-ado-corruption#37797254
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 2:24pm On Sep 08, 2015
kenis:

Wike's road project was a "patch-patch" project i.e maintenance project for porthole-less free road. That is quite different from dualization ,remodeling and rehabilitation of roads as the case of Enugu state. For transparency reasons, the projects go through a bidding process before contracts are awarded. Don't masturbate on something you know nothing about.

I masturbate because I campaigned for him and I am a bona fide son of Enugu State . It is my right to know what's going on there. My aim basically is not to denigrate or put the governor in a bad light. Sullivan completed some road projects during his first 100 days in office. Okezie Ikpazu of Abia State has completed many projects within his first 100 days. What is Ugwuanyi doing?

When people want to steal money, they start giving excuses and speaking long grammar like you are doing. Please, is it taking 4 years to get the bidding process finalized or are they searching for where to dump our money?

Below is a picture of the road started and completed by Okezie Ikpazu of Abia State.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 08, 2015
biafrandream:

Please did Sullivan get the money he worked with, from heaven? 100 days in office and nobody can point to a single project that Ifeanyi started and completed. 42 roads done by Wike and none for Ugwuanyi. Tufiakwa. May God save us from ndi ekperime. I hate excuses. You see why I love Sulivan, he never gave excuses. He simply delivered.

Show me a governor who STARTED and COMPLETED a road project in 100 days.

Completing a road not started by you is different from STARTING and completing a said road.

I see different companies survey roads that are marked for rehabilitation and dualization everyday. and I'm not sure bidding has been completed. The only road that can be completed at by Ugwuanyi at this moment is one started by Chime. You must be joking if you think a road he started can be completed by him at this time. Let's not use this method in criticizing this government.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 2:36pm On Sep 08, 2015
PEECH BY HIS EXCELLENCY, RT. HON. IFEANYI UGWUANYI, FIRST 100 Days IN OFFICE SPEECH BY HIS EXCELLENCY, RT. HON IFEANYI UGWUANYI, GOVERNOR OF ENUGU STATE ON THE FIRST 100 DAYS OF HIS ADMINISTRATION. 5TH, SEPTEMBER, 2015. PROTOCOL Ndi Enugu, Exactly 100 days today, the current administration was, by God’s grace and your unquantifiable support, inaugurated with my humble self at the helm of affairs as the fourth civilian Governor of Enugu State. Therefore, this is a day that the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. We bless the name of the Most High God, the Alpha and Omega, who has willed this day and has steadied our hands on the ship of state. As is the tradition also, today calls for retrospection with gratitude and looking into the future with hope. It is therefore with joy and a deep sense of appreciation to God and to you the good people of Wawaland, that I have the honour to render an account of our stewardship for the last 100 days. I feel obliged to do so because you have the right to know. It is also in line with our commitment to open, accountable, and participatory governance. Ndi Enugu, You would recall that in my inaugural address, I pledged that we would do everything within our powers to pursue employment generation, enhance social services and good governance, security, and justice. We pledged to utilise government services to create fair and equal opportunity for every keen citizen to make a living and create wealth, educate our children, and enjoy life in a peaceful and secure environment. We pledged to drive with total force investment promotion, agricultural sector renewal, provision of critical infrastructure, human capital development, and skills acquisition. We undertook to further reposition our educational system, boost healthcare, and pay special attention to rural development because that is where the overwhelming populations of our people reside. Likewise, we committed to pursue urban renewal as well as industrial revival and expansion. Although 100 days is a short while in the life of a four-year administration, I am happy to inform you that we have nonetheless been able to lay the foundations for the actualisation of our campaign and inaugural promises despite daunting fiscal crunch. Together with my winning team, we are in a hurry to deliver democracy dividends in all sectors in accordance with our social contract with the good people of the State. We recognize the place of peace in the development of Enugu State. Not much can be achieved in a rancorous and hostile socio-political environment. Therefore, we have taken conscious steps to rally feuding political interests round the common and higher interest of developing our State. In particular, we have been able to achieve lasting peace and harmony in the Enugu State House of Assembly. The legislature is too important an arm of government and a partner in progress to be enmeshed in recriminations and distractive feuds. With the prevailing peace, intergovernmental harmony, and sustained capacity building such as the retreat organized for Members at the inception of this administration, we can confidently say that the State House of Assembly is well repositioned to provide the necessary legislative support for the good governance of Enugu State. Riding on the crest of the prevailing political harmony, we have set up an Economic Advisory Committee consisting of eminent sons and daughters of the State. We believe that navigating the biting economic realities and building a prosperous Enugu State require all hands on deck. I am happy to inform you that the State is already benefitting from the rich repository of experience, knowledge and goodwill, influence, and contacts of members of the Committee. We will soon launch our Economic Blueprint for the industrialization and economic revival of the State. It is indeed heartwarming to note that within this short period of time, new companies and partners have entered and commenced business in Enugu State, employing our youths and providing essential services to our people. Enugu is essentially a civil service State. Therefore, any unpaid wages will easily have a negative ripple effect on the State’s economy and make life more difficult for citizens. We also believe that workers are not only deserving of their wages, but that they are better motivated to give their best when they are promptly paid and their welfare adequately catered for. Consequently, we have rekindled industrial harmony in the State by ensuring that we cleared all salary arrears and pay our workers as and when due. We were also quick to lay to rest the six-month judicial workers’ strike upon assumption of office. In line with our quest for better welfare for the Enugu workforce and our promise on affordable housing, this administration has paid 30 percent Equity Contribution to enable interested Enugu State civil servants from Grade Level 01 to Grade Level 10 to acquire one of the 100 units of one bedroom flats at Elim Estate, Ibagwa, Nike, Enugu. We also appreciate the need for a conducive work environment for the public servants. We have provided electricity, water, and other ancillary services at the New Secretariat Complex. Massive and intensive construction work is continuing at the New Government House Complex, while a new building is being put in place for Protocol Office Unit. Renovation works are also ongoing on the Office of the Deputy Governor and the Magistrate Court, Enugu. Our quest for rural development will remain a pipe dream unless the local governments begin to function effectively. So, we have taken it upon ourselves to reposition the Local Governments for better service delivery. As a precursor to the many measures already lined up in this regard, we have set up an 11-man Committee on Local Government Audit and Biometric Data Capture headed by the Speaker of the Enugu State House of Assembly, Hon. Edward Ubosi. Among others, the Committee is to determine the true staff strength of each of the 17 Local Government Areas, the financial implications of the staff in respect of monthly remunerations, Enugu State Universal Basic Education Board, and the Pension Board. This bold step will help to arrest the perennial problem of profligacy, corruption, and other sharp practices resulting in non- payment salaries, pensions, gratuity, and overall poor performance. We believe the exercise will help us identify and flush out ghost workers in our local governments and open the way for the genuine employment of our youths in their place. I want to assure you that those found responsible for the regrettable state of personnel administration in our local government councils, will not go unpunished. While we are putting our feet down to ensure that the Local Governments live up to their constitutional duties, this administration is also vigorously pursuing the task of speedy rural and urban development. We flagged off the construction of a 15- kilometre Inter-Town Connection (ITC) 2.5MVA Injection Sub-Station at Ezi-Nze, Udi Local Government Area just a few days after my assumption of office. This initiative will supply electricity to communities in Udi, Igbo-Etiti, and Uzo- Uwani Local Government Areas. It will also activate businesses in these rural communities and power the Adada Dam Project as well the Greater Nsukka Water Scheme. We are doing drains, culverts, earthworks, and asphaltic wearing course on the Ugwogo Nike-Ikem Road. The Ogbete Market is the commercial nerve centre of Enugu State. Unfortunately, the hitherto incurably poor state of Ogbete Main Market Road had remained a grievous pain in the neck for our people and businesses for long. But, today, we have finally completed the seemingly intractable road within the period under review. We have also carried on with the rehabilitation of the Airport Roundabout – Orie Emene – St. Patrick’s College – Eke Obinagu Road Project, while reconstruction work is equally ongoing at Mbanefo, New Haven and other places. Furthermore, bidding processes to put smiles on the faces of our people through the construction of eight rural and urban roads in different parts of the State have commenced. They are: • Amankwo/Ameke Amah Brewery Junction bypass • Dualisation of Opi-Nsukka Road • Ninth Mile Corner Bypass • Ohom Orba Junction-Imilike Ani – Ezimo Uno – Ezimo Agu – Imilike – Ogbudu Aba – Obollo-Etiti – Amalla – Obollo Afor (Udenu Ring Road) • Enugu Road (Nsukka) Junction – Umuezebi- Nru Juncion- University Gate • Abakpa Nike Road – Nike Road • Post Office Roundabout – Odenigbo Roundabout- Ogurugu Road – Ikenga Hotel Junction • Obechara Road Junction – Umuakashi Mechanic Village – Ikenga Hotel Junction You would recall that we have since set up a committee to spearhead the Nsukka Urban Renewal. We have also in motion the necessary frameworks in accordance with due process and the extant laws, to ensure that other designated parts of the State such as the Ninth Mile Corner benefit from the Urban Renewal efforts. I also wish to assure you, that work is continuing on all the projects we inherited from the preceding administration and that none of them has been or will be abandoned. Taking cognizance of Enugu’s status as the political capital of the eastern region, we have set up a committee to review the present state of the proposed International Conference Center with a view to completing and making it functional. We also believe that its activation will enhance socio-economic activities in Enugu State. In addition, we have flagged off the house numbering, identification, and complete street signage in the Enugu Capital Territory. This initiative, which comes under a Public Private Partnership arrangement, will boost security and make the identification of places easier in the Capital Territory. Human capital is the greatest wealth of any nation. Nations prosper or fail, not necessarily on account of the abundance or lack of material resources, but mainly on account of the quality and effective deployment of human resources available to it. Basic education is the foundation of sound educational system. If things go wrong here, the rest of the educational system and hope for a dependable human capital base are jeopardized. I was therefore very pained and shocked by the poor state of infrastructure during my unscheduled visits to several schools in various parts of the State. We discovered that contracts for the renovation of those schools were awarded and might have been fully funded, but some unscrupulous elements abandoned the projects either totally untouched or partially done, while many some so-called completed projects were unpardonably substandard. We took the bull by the horn by inaugurating the Administrative Committee in the Completion of Enugu State Universal Basic Education (ESUBEB) Projects headed by the Deputy Governor, Her Excellency, Hon. (Mrs) Cecilia Ezeilo. Our choice of the Deputy Governor as the head of the Committee underscores the import we attach to the education and welfare of our children and our zero-tolerance for sharp practices, shoddy jobs, and abandoned projects. Let me give you our word that it will be easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for anyone found wanting in the award or execution of these contracts to go unpunished. They are enemies of progress and posterity. They will be named, shamed, and sanctioned in accordance with extant laws and rules. We are also taking decisive steps towards repositioning our tertiary educational system. We already revamping and repositioning and repositioning the Enugu State Polytechnic, Iwollo. Although the institution formerly known as the Enugu State College of Agriculture and Agro- Entrepreneurship has been there for years, it has sadly remained a glorified secondary school. But we are poised to make a citadel of agricultural and technical education. Efforts towards the revalidation of old programmes and the accreditation of five new courses by the National Board for Technical Education (NABTEB) have reached advanced stages. I paid unscheduled oversight visit to the Institute of Management and Technology (IMT) Enugu upon assumption of office to assess things for myself resulting in the release of subventions to rescue it from the crumbling weight of salary arrears and resultant low staff morale. The interest of people living with physical challenges is not left out in our bid to boost the educational system. We have so far procured 10 units of braille machines, jaw readers, desktop computers, and related accessories for the visually challenged students of the College of Immaculate Conception (CIC), Enugu. We have also renovated and equipped a standard sickbay and two-classroom blocks at the Queens’ School, Enugu and in other schools, as part of our immediate interventions in the secondary education sector. Although our people are predominantly farmers, their subsistence agriculture hardly yields produce or income commensurate to their slavish labour. Consequently, we are taking practical and immediate steps to mechanize and commercial agriculture. We have procured 20 tractors to be hired to genuine farmers at very low rates. I have also directed that counterpart fund be released for the robust participation of our State in the implementation of the N2 billion Staple Crops Processing Zone (SCPZ) programme by the African Development Bank in conjunction with the Federal Government of Nigeria. The fund will be channeled to the revival and expansion of the Adani Irrigation Scheme as well as the construction of feeder roads and other critical infrastructure that will catalyze agriculture in the State. Our health sector is already receiving a breath of fresh air. We are establishing 100- bed ultra-modern specialist hospitals in each of the senatorial zones of the State. We have already flagged off the construction of one of the hospitals in Orba, Udenu Local Government Area. This will serve the Enugu North Senatorial zone. Furthermore, we have taken a preventive step against infant and under-five child mortality in Enugu State by increasing length of paid maternity leave from three to six months. This will enable the nursing mother devout ample time to exclusively breastfeed her baby for the recommended first six months of a child’s life. We have also introduced a three-week paid paternity leave for the fathers to enable them provide adequate support to mother and child. All these will have a multiplier effect on the health and social life of the baby from infant to adult life. We have also extended some humanitarian gestures to hospitals, including the University of Nigeria Teaching Hospital (UNTH) and the Enugu State University Teaching Hospital, Park Lane, Enugu to support open heart surgery for children and settlement of hospital bills of the less privileged. The security of lives and property as well as the welfare of our people is of primary concern to this administration. We are partnering with the security agencies to ensure that the lives and property are not only safe in the State, but are equally seen to be so. It was in fulfillment of this obligation, that we recently procured and donated patrol vehicles to the Nigeria Police and other security agencies in the state. We will continue to invest in security infrastructure, manpower development, and employment. We are laying foundations for job creation because an idle mind is a devil’s workshop. Sports are major avenues for engaging our youth positively, creating jobs, and marketing our State. We are bent on returning Enugu to its glorious days as the breeding ground for celebrated sports personalities. I am already holding discussions with the relevant government officers and authorities on how to revive school sports at the primary and secondary levels. In the immediate term, we have taken immediate steps to revive the fortunes of the Rangers International Club. It is a team that is dear, not only to Ndi Enugu, but also to every Igbo man. Therefore, we resolved the internal impasse between the players and management of the club over unpaid salaries and other entitlements. We will continue to motivate and restore Rangers to a truly international club, once again. Ndi Enugu, I can go on and on. But, as I earlier pointed out, whatever we have been able to do in the last 100 days is just a tip of the things to come because it is still morning on creation day. But, permit me to restate that my team and I do not know it all. We need your continued support, prayers, and goodwill. We are very amenable to your sound ideas and constructive criticisms. We also want to be held accountable for all our actions in the saddle because that is the hallmark of democracy and good governance. The good people of Enugu State, we thank you for the mandate you gave us. The governorship we exercise is in trust for you. And that which you have entrusted to us, we have and will continue to exercise in public interest and for public good. Ndi Enugu, It is on this note that I thank you, once again, for your overflowing support and audience. Thank you and God bless. Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi Governor, Enugu State

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 3:44pm On Sep 08, 2015
^^Too many list of government funded projects with very little mention of private sector participation. Hope governor is conscious of tax, debt and abandon project.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 3:58pm On Sep 08, 2015
As the governor moves to develop Nsukka and other important towns he should be conscious of Enugu infrastructures and never allow them to rot for lack of attention. The grasses must always be trimmed and more planted. Traffic light and roads must be maintain etc.

I will suggest he starts looking for ways to get in private sector to maintain and transform enugu city while he focuses on Nsukka and other with much of government fund.

THE BEST MODEL: Let The Rich and Middle class Take care of themselves mostly through Private sector while government focuses on the poor to bring them out of poverty so that they can be able to fully depend on private sector in the end

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Bishop42: 4:20pm On Sep 08, 2015
Government must stop building homes,subsidizing water and health care for the Rich and middle class. Let the private sector take care of this people

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 4:48pm On Sep 08, 2015
Bishop42:
Government must stop building homes,subsidizing water and health care for the Rich and middle class. Let the private sector take care of this people

Seems like another estate is being built by the government in Enugu. There is this Trinity estate along old airport road, Emene industrial layout.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 08, 2015
Please any picture updates on AII Airport international wing anyone?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 8:40pm On Sep 08, 2015
spyder880:

Seems like another estate is being built by the government in Enugu. There is this Trinity estate along old airport road, Emene industrial layout.
there is also another being built in agbani road
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:24am On Sep 09, 2015
Bishop42:
^^Too many list of government funded projects with very little mention of private sector participation. Hope governor is conscious of tax, debt and abandon project.

...plus he lost me at all the godliness shocked
....even Jesus said to give Caesar what is his.....politics is not an avenue to use the name of God anyhow
Just do your work already Sir....

Religion is really the opium of the masses, ayi nine
O du egwu, really
To think na ayi dizi more christian than nd' ocha na eme ifele
And we always use religion wrongly, incompletely, selfishly and so on...name them...not when and where it matters, like in the Golden Rule, like in love your neighbour....
They are not even aware that adding God matters in a campaign or during politicking makes it a kind of vow...dont they worry about not meeting vows made in God's name?

I am aware that ndi be ayi di sensitive about religious matters, so forgive me
Just that it is hard to be quiet about issues like this

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MrEverest(m): 6:57pm On Sep 09, 2015
Igbonazy:
List of important Igbo Cities and Towns

1. Igweocha (Portharcourt)
2. Enugu
3. Onitsha
4. Aba
5. Owerri
6. Asaba
etc
You guys are no more igbos than Igbos in South South and Rivers. 70% of Ikwerre on my friend's list are proud Biafrans (i could post their pages if you want) though i noticed they're a bit shy to admit they are igbos. Thanks to facebook and the internet, very many ikwerres and South south igbos are realising the fact that they were decieved and lied to by their selfcentered corrupt elites.
The Ikwerres can all go to hell for all I care, all this while, Igbos have been extending the olive branch to them despite what they did during and after the civil war. We still believed they were part of us only for them to be behaving funny, embarrassingly denying their Igboness at every giving opportunity. I have not stopped to wonder what makes the average Ikwerre so haughty and baleful, is it the crude oil? that too is found in commercial quantities in Ukwa east and west(Abia state) Egbema and Oguta(Imo state) and several communities in Anioma communities in Delta state. Is it the city of P.harcourt?? Personally, I don't see anything special about P.harcourt, it seems as if P.H starts and ends at Aba road, the inner streets are full of shanties and swampy grooves, aside the flow of oil money, a few fly overs and a few decent office buildings along Aba road, Enugu and Owerri are more beautiful, Aba and Onitsha has far more decent residential houses. Ikwere people are not richer per capita wise than Anambra, Abriba, Anioma or Orlu people among other Igbo sub-groups. In terms of Intellectuals, they do not come close to people of Anambra, Anioma, Imo or Enugu states. In terms of entrepreneurship and industry they pale to insignificance when compared to people of Anambra, Abia and Orlu area of Imo state. They do not have high net-wort individuals like Tony Elumelu, Ernest Azudialu, Jim Ovia, the Asagba of Asaba(Anioma) or Emeka Offor, Innocent Chukwuma, Ibeto(Anambra) or Pascal Dozie, Tony Ezenna(Imo state) ditto other S.east states. So in what area are they better than other Igbos that would make them so haughty to despise other Igbos Kudos to the people of Anioma who knows their heritage and I am happy that they have produced president and secretaries of Ohanaeze ndi Igbo and the support Kachikwu(the new GMD of NNPC) received from Igbos world-wide. If the Ikwerres have realized their folly, they should go and apply to Ohanaeze ndi Igbo to be re-integrated!!!

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 09, 2015
I have no doubt that gov Ifeany Ugwuanyi will do very well for the people of Enugu and Igbos at large.

Join me to thank God for elevating a family member Leonard as the Registrar of Esut. This is the second time someone from my town Nenwe is occupying that position

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by cjrane: 11:26pm On Sep 09, 2015
spyder880:

Government built estates which is sold out at market price to the public is a proven welcome development. Typically, an individual building his own home will continue to settle jobless youths in the area. Making the building cost so prohibitive. However, government built estates are not only well planned, and there are no youths coming to bother you for building on your property.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Igbonazy: 10:11am On Sep 10, 2015
MrEverest:
The Ikwerres can all go to hell for all I care, all this while, Igbos have been extending the olive branch to them despite what they did during and after the civil war. We still believed they were part of us only for them to be behaving funny, embarrassingly denying their Igboness at every giving opportunity. I have not stopped to wonder what makes the average Ikwerre so haughty and baleful, is it the crude oil? that too is found in commercial quantities in Ukwa east and west(Abia state) Egbema and Oguta(Imo state) and several communities in Anioma communities in Delta state. Is it the city of P.harcourt?? Personally, I don't see anything special about P.harcourt, it seems as if P.H starts and ends at Aba road, the inner streets are full of shanties and swampy grooves, aside the flow of oil money, a few fly overs and a few decent office buildings along Aba road, Enugu and Owerri are more beautiful, Aba and Onitsha has far more decent residential houses. Ikwere people are not richer per capita wise than Anambra, Abriba, Anioma or Orlu people among other Igbo sub-groups. In terms of Intellectuals, they do not come close to people of Anambra, Anioma, Imo or Enugu states. In terms of entrepreneurship and industry they pale to insignificance when compared to people of Anambra, Abia and Orlu area of Imo state. They do not have high net-wort individuals like Tony Elumelu, Ernest Azudialu, Jim Ovia, the Asagba of Asaba(Anioma) or Emeka Offor, Innocent Chukwuma, Ibeto(Anambra) or Pascal Dozie, Tony Ezenna(Imo state) ditto other S.east states. So in what area are they better than other Igbos that would make them so haughty to despise other Igbos Kudos to the people of Anioma who knows their heritage and I am happy that they have produced president and secretaries of Ohanaeze ndi Igbo and the support Kachikwu(the new GMD of NNPC) received from Igbos world-wide. If the Ikwerres have realized their folly, they should go and apply to Ohanaeze ndi Igbo to be re-integrated!!!

Nothing you say will change the fact that ikwerres are igbo even if they deny being igbo, takeover other igboland and slaughter fellow igbos. Afterall we have morons in igboland who still vote northerners despite the slaughtering of thousands of igbos in the North. If they can forgive easily why not your fellow igbos.

Nothing can stop Chickens from being called chicken,the name chicken isnt a privilage. They are called chicken because they look like Chicken. Ikwerre are Igbos because share alot in common with other igbo group. Nsukka,Onitsha,Abatete etc share alot in common with other igbo group aswell. So quit being used by our enemy to divide and conquer. We need the numbers and land

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 10:54am On Sep 10, 2015
Igbonazy:

Nothing you say will change the fact that ikwerres are igbo even if they deny being igbo, takeover other igboland and slaughter fellow igbos. Afterall we have morons in igboland who still vote northerners despite the slaughtering of thousands of igbos in the North. If they can forgive easily why not your fellow igbos.

Nothing can stop Chickens from being called chicken,the name chicken isnt a privilage. They are called chicken because they look like Chicken. Ikwerre are Igbos because share alot in common with other igbo group. Nsukka,Onitsha,Abatete etc share alot in common with other igbo group aswell. So quit being used by our enemy to divide and conquer. We need the numbers and land
Very silly mentality (no offence)

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by bodeloja: 11:05am On Sep 10, 2015
Nna nothing is happening in Enugu any more.

Those Enugu still have a Governor?

What about the free trade zone?

Odiegwu o, NOT EVEN PICTURES?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 2:19pm On Sep 10, 2015
bodeloja:
Nna nothing is happening in Enugu any more.

Those Enugu still have a Governor?

What about the free trade zone?

Odiegwu o, NOT EVEN PICTURES?

Okay, take these.........

condition of Ogui road, now.....

even pictures cannot load again, chai grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.