Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:52 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1793728 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (702) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:23pm On Sep 11, 2015
How about this street

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:25pm On Sep 11, 2015
Odikwa egwu! grin

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Handsomegod(m): 6:32pm On Sep 11, 2015
spyder880:
Odikwa egwu! grin
Are all these castles in same part of town? Does it mean Enugu transformed this way in the last 4 years?
A thread is currently trending on Pol section re Eastern neighborhoods .... kindly find it out and flood it with these pics. Buddah started the thread and CJrane is very active there too. Ndewo!
#Texas greets u all#

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:37pm On Sep 11, 2015
I am just warming up, all these houses are in a 2 km radius of outer Independence layout, near PH express

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:42pm On Sep 11, 2015
Open lands at the express road. .......

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:44pm On Sep 11, 2015
Cool, cozy Enugu, the billionaire's playground cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:46pm On Sep 11, 2015
E speakilekwe! cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:48pm On Sep 11, 2015
Get closer.........

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:50pm On Sep 11, 2015
Let's go there.........

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Anyi44(m): 6:52pm On Sep 11, 2015
DikeOha882:
I have no doubt that gov Ifeany Ugwuanyi will do very well for the people of Enugu and Igbos at large.

Join me to thank God for elevating a family member Leonard as the Registrar of Esut. This is the second time someone from my town Nenwe is occupying that position
which part of Nenwe are you from
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:53pm On Sep 11, 2015
042 for live grin

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:55pm On Sep 11, 2015
Ebea bu be anyi........

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:56pm On Sep 11, 2015
More of the same zone.....

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:59pm On Sep 11, 2015
In the distance with red roof is a local government project, the building materials market.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:00pm On Sep 11, 2015
Around the neighbourhood. .......

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:02pm On Sep 11, 2015
A road to the express. ........

9 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:06pm On Sep 11, 2015
This is, undoubtedly one of the best neighbourhood in Nigeria. Imagine the street roads. Enugu is coming up mightily in the scheme of things.

11 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Handsomegod(m): 7:14pm On Sep 11, 2015
spyder880:
This is, undoubtedly one of the best neighbourhood in Nigeria. Imagine the street roads. Enugu is coming up mightily in the scheme of things.
Mark that road and the adjoining streets,fix fanciful street lights and plant ornamental trees along the streets,let each building maintain a well manicured lawn and we shall have Beverly Hills right in Enugu!!! .Iam absolutely sure all those buildings will be completed before the next 3 Xmas seasons.Enugu is indeed the place. Spyder please take a trip to that thread i mentioned earlier,flood it with these pics and nail all arguments for good! God bless u my brother!

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 11, 2015
Correct me if I'm wrong Oga spider but this area of Enugu is the new section of Independence layout besides ENU PH express.
some people call it Republic! I predicted once on this thread some months earlier that this will be the "primest" area in Enugu in a few years

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:53pm On Sep 11, 2015
Agbada, are u a Nenwerian?
Anyi44:
which part of Nenwe are you from
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Unemadu: 10:00pm On Sep 11, 2015
spyder880:
That building at the extreme is the abandoned International conference centre in Enugu.

So how many "abandoned" international conference centers do we have now?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by soloqy: 11:05pm On Sep 11, 2015
Spyder, I am in Enugu now. The Taxi man that takes me around doesnt know all the Estates by name . Apart from Zoo Estate , Goshen Estate and Liberty estate, I havent gone to other Estates. Can you give me a little direction to other Estates so I can direct him whenever he is driving me? Also, how can one enter those other gated estates just to see whats up? Even a mid class place like Goshen, you need to tell the gate people who you are going to see before they let you pass. grin

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:13pm On Sep 11, 2015
soloqy:
Spyder, I am in Enugu now. The Taxi man that takes me around doesnt know all the Estates by name . Apart from Zoo Estate , Goshen Estate and Liberty estate, I havent gone to other Estates. Can you give me a little direction to other Estates so I can direct him whenever he is driving me? Also, how can one enter those other gated estates just to see whats up? Even a mid class place like Goshen, you need to tell the gate people who you are going to see before they let you pass. grin

Tell the taxi man to take you to Liberty estates, (arguably more beautiful than Zoo estates) take presidential road as if you are going to Okpara square then turn right just before Okpara square towards IMT. Liberty estates is before IMT campus.

Another estate is just behind, CBN headquarters, along Okpara square Enugu. There are many more, like the new one around Top rank hotels

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 11:14pm On Sep 11, 2015
Unemadu:

So how many "abandoned" international conference centers do we have now?

This is a view from one of the gates, showing a part of the great building.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Anyi44(m): 12:03am On Sep 12, 2015
DikeOha882:
Agbada, are u a Nenwerian?
Yea
From Uhueze
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by soloqy: 3:42am On Sep 12, 2015
spyder880:

Tell the taxi man to take you to Liberty estates, (arguably more beautiful than Zoo estates) take presidential road as if you are going to Okpara square then turn right just before Okpara square towards IMT. Liberty estates is before IMT campus.

Another estate is just behind, CBN headquarters, along Okpara square Enugu. There are many more, like the new one around Top rank hotels

Thanks , will do . This is nice. Which football field is that. Where?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:21am On Sep 12, 2015
soloqy:

Thanks , will do . This is nice. Which football field is that. Where?

That football field is inside Liberty estates.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 6:50am On Sep 12, 2015
Its still a weekend and I will move around and see some more parts of Enugu.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 7:53am On Sep 12, 2015
MrEverest:
Can't you see how embarrassing it is whenever we call them fellow Igbos only for them to deny us?? What do they have to offer us that we don't have Honestly I don't give a hoot about them.

I have always been of the opinion that it's counter-productive trying to force an identify on someone.

'Every man has got a right to decide his own destiny', say Bob Marley. I can decide not to identify as an Igbo and so are Ikwerres. When you try to force an adult to identify with something he doesn't like, he is likely to resist it even to death, even when such identity will favour him. The key word is coercion!

Let's leave Ikwerres to decide who they are, and only time will tell who really belongs where. Make Igboland what it ought to be, stop developing non core Igbo States, I bet the Ikwerres and their likes will oneday somersault and start claiming Igbos.

One of the problems I have with Nnamdi Kanu is calling Efiks and Ibibios, Igbo people. Yet he will deny that Igbos have any ancestral link with the Yorubas even when some Igbo words and syllables have some semblance to the Yorubas.

Nobody has the prerogative to assign heritage to anyone. We all know our history, we tell history but it should stop at that.

If anyone for whatever reason known to him decides he doesn't belong to any tribe, I think their decision should be respected. I do not like the idea of constantly reminding an adult that he who he says he is not.

Psychologically, people tend to rebuff cheap and unsolicited friendly advances. If a beautiful educated girl walks up to a guy and tells him she loves him; it's natural for the guy to feel too important even when he is a nobody, and also perceive the girl as cheap.

As long as we Igbos persistently remind the Ikwerres and Aniomas that they are Igbos, a handful of them will continue to feel too important and rebuff our friendly advances.

As you just pointed out, the Ikwerres have nothing that other Igbos don't have. There's absolutely nothing they can offer Igbos.

However, I feel it's not right to force identity on people. Personally, I don't do that.

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:55am On Sep 12, 2015
spyder880:

Many people might find this funny but am sure of what am saying, East is different from Nigeria.
I don't know whether they started imbibing the Biafra ideology and decided to make everything about them unique.

Please look at these neighbourhoods, go to Asaba and Awka and see the type of house people live in.
Check average Eastern neighbourhood with those of other Nigeria regions, check their GRAs with those of other regions, East always stand out.

We are just in the wrong country

11 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 12, 2015
biafrandream:

I have always been of the opinion that it's counter-productive trying to force an identify on someone.

'Every man has got a right to decide his own destiny', say Bob Marley. I can decide not to identify as an Igbo and so are Ikwerres. When you try to force an adult to identify with something he doesn't like, he is likely to resist it even to death, even when such identity will favour him. The key word is coercion!

Let's leave Ikwerres to decide who they are, and only time will tell who really belongs where. Make Igboland what it ought to be, stop developing non core Igbo States, I bet the Ikwerres and their likes will oneday somersault and start claiming Igbos.

One of the problems I have with Nnamdi Kanu is calling Efiks and Ibibios, Igbo people. Yet he will deny that Igbos have any ancestral link with the Yorubas even when some Igbo words and syllables have some semblance to the Yorubas.

Nobody has the prerogative to assign heritage to anyone. We all know our history, we tell history but it should stop at that.

If anyone for whatever reason known to him decides he doesn't belong to any tribe, I think their decision should be respected. I do not like the idea of constantly reminding an adult that he who he says he is not.

Psychologically, people tend to rebuff cheap and unsolicited friendly advances. If a beautiful educated girl walks up to a guy and tells him she loves him; it's natural for the guy to feel too important even when he is a nobody, and also perceive the girl as cheap.

As long as we Igbos persistently remind the Ikwerres and Aniomas that they are Igbos, a handful of them will continue to feel too important and rebuff our friendly advances.

As you just pointed out, the Ikwerres have nothing that other Igbos don't have. There's absolutely nothing they can offer Igbos.

However, I feel it's not right to force identity on people. Personally, I don't do that.

I normally see anybody that claims Ikwerre as Igbos as stuupid person, what has Ikwerre got to offer to the Igbo nation.
I have only met one in my life and I detest having anything to do with them.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by biafrandream: 8:19am On Sep 12, 2015
So a new airline called Hahn Airlines System is operating Enugu-Lagos route and nobody has said anything about it.

Please what is the airline like?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (702) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.