Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,457 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:14 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (485) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1784074 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 1:14am On Jan 30, 2017
Oga Digitron, thanks for the pics, but please name the roads, so that people on ground can verify

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 12:39pm On Jan 30, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:
Oga Digitron, thanks for the pics, but please name the roads, so that people on ground can verify
That road is udenu ring road, the road moves from ohom orba junction down to obollo afor. It covers about 8 communities most of which have never seen a Tared road in their history.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 12:47am On Feb 01, 2017
Digitron:

That road is udenu ring road, the road moves from ohom orba junction down to obollo afor. It covers about 8 communities most of which have never seen a Tared road in their history.
\
Is it that road that pass through Umundi and Imilike??
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by omadaken: 4:51am On Feb 01, 2017
SPYDER880 Nice job.Its good to know the wellbeing of our their state online because some were not born and brought up @042
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 5:31am On Feb 01, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:
\
Is it that road that pass through Umundi and Imilike??
benefitting communities are Ohom Orba, Imilike Ani, Ezimo Uno and Ezimo Agu, Ogbodu Aba, Amalla and Obollo Afor
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ogbuefi2020: 2:49pm On Feb 02, 2017
Digitron:

benefitting communities are Ohom Orba, Imilike Ani, Ezimo Uno and Ezimo Agu, Ogbodu Aba, Amalla and Obollo Afor
OK, any update on Nsukka Urban?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 5:54pm On Feb 02, 2017
Ogbuefi2020:

OK, any update on Nsukka Urban?
much has been happening especially in the area of road construction, i will try to get picture from those spot whenever am a bit less busy

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 11:37am On Feb 06, 2017
FG to complete ongoing Federal road projects in Enugu state- Fashola

The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, has assured the people of Enugu State that the Federal Government will complete ongoing federal road projects in the area within 18 months.

Fashola made the pledge at the 9th mile axis of Enugu-Onitsha Road during an inspection tour of some ongoing federal roads projects in Enugu State on Saturday.

He said the Federal Government had taken steps to ensure that the federal roads underwent proper soil test.

He added that the roads would have solid drainage system, good soil basement filling and standard stone and asphalt gauging.

“We have fully re-mobilised contractors handling the rehabilitation of about six critical federal roads in Enugu State back to site, and for them to finish their projects.

“We are hopeful that within 14 to 18 months all the ongoing projects must have been completed for ease of movement on the roads and to reduce travel time for the people,’’ he said.

The minister said that the projects had already started stimulating the economy of the state through employment and the re-engagement of construction workers, “who today can send their children to school.

“Food vendors and local markets had witnessed more sales to put more money in the hands of our people; which would help better their lives.

“The resumption of these projects had created businesses and improved diesel supply, sand supply, granite supply, asphalt supply and cement supply businesses.

“Thus, it is a well-thought-out design of the Federal Government to re-boot the economy and get the country out of recession as fast as possible.’’

Fashola urged the residents and motorists to co-operate with the contractors to ensure speedy completion of the projects.

The minister also inspected ongoing work at the Umana-Ndiagu-Agba-Ebenebe-Amensea-Awka federal road.

The six federal roads undergoing rehabilitation are, Enugu-Port Harcourt road; 9th Mile-Enugu-Abakaliki road; Enugu-Nsukka-Obollo road, and the Iheamfume-Ikem-Obollo road.

Others are, the 9th Mile-Oji-Amensea road and the Umana-Ndiagu-Agba-Ebenebe-Amensea-Awka road. (NAN)
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 11:07am On Feb 07, 2017
Afam4eva:

Jisike. Cheers.

Good day big bro...

like I promised during the beginning of last month that I will be returning to NSK in about two weeks time and if I had the time I will take some pictures... I actually did..

Sorry this update is coming a bit late. it was due to some unforeseen circumstances. I managed to go to some sites of the government's projects in the evening and was being disturbed with calls from relatives to comeback that it was getting darker... please manage these amateur shots from me.

The second and third pictures are from Ogurugu road; a very busy road in the town. the first and the last are from Odenigbo road. It can be seen that the govt marked these roads and have also erected streetlight posts in these major roads awaiting the fixing of the lamps. The roads also have pedestrian walkway...

Modified: I think I will stick with UC here.. .

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 11:12am On Feb 07, 2017
I don't know why the pictures are refusing to upload...
let me keep trying.

The ones below are that of the famous Opi-Nsukka road...

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 11:22am On Feb 07, 2017
I don't know why it's only one of about fours pictures I'm uploading that is agreeing to upload. embarassed cry cry

Let me try UC browser. ..
The ones below are that of Urban girls/industrial area road. It can be recalled that I onced talked about this road urging the then government to step in.. . Thank God it's all glaring now. This is an all important road!

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 11:37am On Feb 07, 2017
More roads...

...but I didn't visit all the roads being constructed like the popular Orba road which leads to the new main gate of UNN.

The last pic is that of the all important Ikenga junction... Nsukka is growing!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 11:57am On Feb 07, 2017
More pictures.. .

Nsukka is growing in an exponential rate... Beautiful structures,and layouts, plazas with numerous fun seeking resorts springing up. The town is no longer 'the local rural town' but an urban area on the course of attaining a City status.

The first pic is that Odenigbo road coming out from the government field/plyground area (a kinda Okpara square arena). The new Anglican Cathedral Church can be seen...
The second pic shows the aspect of the Opi-Nsukka road yet to be completed. That is, the one in Nsukka Town itself. It can be noted that the government had embarked on solid underground drainage construction in this part of the several kilometers Opi-Nsukka road. This could be one of the reasons for the delay but as I type construction is ongoing currently in the town. With quality construction by RCC...

The last pic is that of the fence of once popular and first hotel in the town; Ikenga Hotel. It can also be recalled that I complained about the sorry state of the hotel when I did my first tour round the town... But as it can be seen from the pix, the hotel is undergoing renovation and refurbishment. I'm highly elated about this development... I would have gotten the pix of the hotel itself but due to the presence of security men guarding the edifice and numbers of milling individuals around with their peering eyes made me to rescind that decision.

I'm not a praisesinger of any of our politician but at this juncture I think Gburugburu is trying and doing something worthwhile. ..

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 3:00pm On Feb 07, 2017
christejames:

Good day big bro...

like I promised during the beginning of last month that I will be returning to NSK in about two weeks time and if I had the time I will take some pictures... I actually did..

Sorry this update is coming a bit late. it was due to some unforeseen circumstances. I managed to go to some sites of the government's projects in the evening and was being disturbed with calls from relatives to comeback that it was getting darker... please manage these amateur shots from me.

The second and third pictures are from Ogurugu road; a very busy road in the town. the first and the last are from Odenigbo road. It can be seen that the govt marked these roads and have also erected streetlight posts in these major roads awaiting the fixing of the lamps. The roads also have pedestrian walkway...

Modified: I think I will stick with UC here.. .
Nwanna, thanks for keeping to your words.

From what i can see from the pictures, we have a second city in Enugu state on our hands.. It's just a matter of time before Nsukka explodes. With it being a university town and with these road, constructions, things will definitely change for the better.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 2:18pm On Feb 09, 2017
Inyaba bridge in Amagunze in nkanu east LGA

7 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 2:19pm On Feb 09, 2017
More.......

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo102: 9:10pm On Feb 12, 2017
Digitron:
More.......
Its a culvert. good job though
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo102: 9:13pm On Feb 12, 2017
christejames:
I don't know why it's only one of about fours pictures I'm uploading that is agreeing to upload. embarassed cry cry

Let me try UC browser. ..
The ones below are that of Urban girls/industrial area road. It can be recalled that I onced talked about this road urging the then government to step in.. . Thank God it's all glaring now. This is an all important road!
Good work, but its already looking dirty. Is it because of the red soil issue?? Has Enugu road aka Opi Nsukka road reached Ogige market??

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 9:21pm On Feb 12, 2017
basilo102:

Good work, but its already looking dirty. Is it because of the red soil issue?? Has Enugu road aka Opi Nsukka road reached Ogige market??

The construction work is almost there... they've done the first layer of the asphalt on the aspect of the road. I think the main work is ongoing currently.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by osita76(m): 12:36am On Feb 13, 2017
christejames:
I don't know why the pictures are refusing to upload...
let me keep trying.

The ones below are that of the famous Opi-Nsukka road...
This is a welcome development to the southeast region, every state should buckle up and bring development to all the nooks and crannies of the southeast region

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by akinlee: 10:20pm On Feb 15, 2017
Hi oga spyder have been hear about your professional touches and integrity in structural engineering. please can get a trustworthy builder in Akure Ondo axis?

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimthugchimee(m): 10:24pm On Feb 15, 2017
christejames:
More roads...

...but I didn't visit all the roads being constructed like the popular Orba road which leads to the new main gate of UNN.

The last pic is that of the all important Ikenga junction... Nsukka is growing!

eastern roads and sandy/dirty side walks eh......the thing tire me undecided
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:24am On Feb 16, 2017
akinlee:
Hi oga spyder have been hear about your professional touches and integrity in structural engineering. please can get a trustworthy builder in Akure Ondo axis?

There are many builders there, I think you should call KKONSULTS. Thanks.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:29am On Feb 16, 2017
osita76:
This is a welcome development to the southeast region, every state should buckle up and bring development to all the nooks and crannies of the southeast region

I can see Nsukka is developing with speed. Where can I hang a new housing estate in this emerging city?

I think I need to visit Nsukka in the weekend to see a possibility of taking position for the future.

Tigerkenn Homes Ltd, making sure you get the best of real estate deals.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 10:35am On Feb 16, 2017
christejames:
More pictures.. .

Nsukka is growing in an exponential rate... Beautiful structures,and layouts, plazas with numerous fun seeking resorts springing up. The town is no longer 'the local rural town' but an urban area on the course of attaining a City status.

The first pic is that Odenigbo road coming out from the government field/plyground area (a kinda Okpara square arena). The new Anglican Cathedral Church can be seen...
The second pic shows the aspect of the Opi-Nsukka road yet to be completed. That is, the one in Nsukka Town itself. It can be noted that the government had embarked on solid underground drainage construction in this part of the several kilometers Opi-Nsukka road. This could be one of the reasons for the delay but as I type construction is ongoing currently in the town. With quality construction by RCC...

The last pic is that of the fence of once popular and first hotel in the town; Ikenga Hotel. It can also be recalled that I complained about the sorry state of the hotel when I did my first tour round the town... But as it can be seen from the pix, the hotel is undergoing renovation and refurbishment. I'm highly elated about this development... I would have gotten the pix of the hotel itself but due to the presence of security men guarding the edifice and numbers of milling individuals around with their peering eyes made me to rescind that decision.

I'm not a praisesinger of any of our politician but at this juncture I think Gburugburu is trying and doing something worthwhile. ..

We need good city planning to take a serious look at this town. I will not want Nsukka to be poorly planned with narrow twisting roads which will make driving a nightmare. We need to move to the outer parts of the city and enforce good urban planning.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 2:21pm On Feb 16, 2017
spyder880:

We need good city planning to take a serious look at this town. I will not want Nsukka to be poorly planned with narrow twisting roads which will make driving a nightmare. We need to move to the outer parts of the city and enforce good urban planning.

You are right big bro...

Nsukka is in dire need of proper or modern planning. Most of the inner roads of the town are narrow like laneway, and people build haphazardly causing sprawl and blight development in the built up part of the town.

notwithstanding, I have equally seen well planned layouts being developed. I just wish the town planning agency will just gird their loins and make the town develop in line with its master plan.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo102: 3:12pm On Feb 16, 2017
spyder880:

Outer parts of Nsukka town is filled with numerous scattered villages submerged in dense forest of palm trees. The settlement pattern is really annoying

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 5:38pm On Feb 16, 2017
basilo102:

Outer parts of Nsukka town is filled with numerous scattered villages submerged in dense forest of palm trees. The settlement pattern is really annoying
i think that is the general settlement pattern in most south eastern villages

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by asha80(m): 5:39pm On Feb 16, 2017
slimthugchimee:

eastern roads and sandy/dirty side walks eh......the thing tire me undecided
settlement pattern is part of the problem

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 9:12pm On Feb 16, 2017
spyder880:

I can see Nsukka is developing with speed. Where can I hang a new housing estate in this emerging city?

I think I need to visit Nsukka in the weekend to see a possibility of taking position for the future.

Yes bro... it will be a great idea. there are several locations in and around the town that you can establish your serene Tiger Estate. But I will suggest Ihuama, Ajuona (both in Obukpa) or areas around Obukpa layout, and hilltop due to their proximity to UNN. other interesting parts of the town that is witnessing gradual development are ugwuawarawa (with beautiful edifices being erected on the expansive escarpment), Ikenga layout (still waiting to be fully developed), also areas around Echara layout with other numerous areas that I can't lay my hands on now...

NSK is growing with some new private tertiary institutions already berthing in the town especially around Echara, Ofulonu axis down to the ever busy industrial layout with her bustling building materials market therein. The town is on the path to glory!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Donelli: 6:54am On Feb 17, 2017
spyder880:

Watching closely from the east side... cheesy

Just Donelli wink

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Kcinho(m): 3:13pm On Feb 20, 2017
So the state government of enugu state advertised for jobs in ESUTH Parklane and requested for 10000 naira from applicants including young graduates for housemanship and internship. It's a pity.

https://www.myjobmag.com/readjob/33758/jobs/fresh-job-recruitment-at-the-enugu-state-university-of-science-and-technology-esut-teaching-hospital

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.