Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,389 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (486) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1784008 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 7:28am On Feb 21, 2017
Ndi be anyi, ekenekwaa mu unu o
Ndu mmiri, ndu azu,
Mmiri atakwana, azu anwukwana

Onye puo ya kpata aku
Ya nwekwa oge rie aku ya o,

Jisi nu ike grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by bigjay01(m): 7:36am On Feb 21, 2017
Oga Ken, which kind meat be this? Na waaa ooo. I go fear to chop this one oooo

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by slimchimex(m): 3:56pm On Feb 21, 2017
omo see eat, missing Enugu.

Please any latest news n our new international airport terminal?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo102: 11:20pm On Feb 24, 2017
christejames:

Yes bro... it will be a great idea. there are several locations in and around the town that you can establish your serene Tiger Estate. But I will suggest Ihuama, Ajuona (both in Obukpa) or areas around Obukpa layout, and hilltop due to their proximity to UNN. other interesting parts of the town that is witnessing gradual development are ugwuawarawa (with beautiful edifices being erected on the expansive escarpment), Ikenga layout (still waiting to be fully developed), also areas around Echara layout with other numerous areas that I can't lay my hands on now...

NSK is growing with some new private tertiary institutions already berthing in the town especially around Echara, Ofulonu axis down to the ever busy industrial layout with her bustling building materials market therein. The town is on the path to glory!
It hard to get any land for estate unless it is land already grabbed by Nsukka people i.e. Indigenes of Nsukka Urban. Ihuama and Ajuona Obukpa are densely populated and very rural, Areas around obukpa layout are filled, even obukpa layout itself was not fully developed because obukpa people encroached on the land and built up almost half of the layout, the government cut out the already built places. The dispersed settlement pattern is something else. This is satellite image of Obukpa/Ovoko axis, second pic is Ajona Obukpa behind UNN staff quaters, Obukpa layout and its environs, where can any estate fit in?? The only spaces you see are top of chains of hill which is uninhabitable

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 12:01am On Feb 25, 2017
spyder880:
Ndi be anyi, ekenekwaa mu unu o
Ndu mmiri, ndu azu,
Mmiri atakwana, azu anwukwana

Onye puo ya kpata aku
Ya nwekwa oge rie aku ya o,

Jisi nu ike grin grin grin

Oga spyder,
I fear that meat o.

Na crocodile be dat? shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by spyder880(m): 5:21am On Feb 25, 2017
OreMI22:

Oga spyder,
I fear that meat o.

Na crocodile be dat? shocked shocked

An edible specie of monitor lizard. grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:47am On Mar 03, 2017
If these two Igbo groups can raise N500bn for a mere presidential election, why can't they do so for improving infrastructure in the South east?
Smh

http://elombah.com/index.php/reports/14839-igbo-groups-to-raise-n500b-for-igbo-presidency-2019-project

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by loopmangoat(m): 11:43am On Mar 03, 2017
CFCman:
If these two Igbo groups can raise N500bn for a mere presidential election, why can't they do so for improving infrastructure in the South east?
Smh

http://elombah.com/index.php/reports/14839-igbo-groups-to-raise-n500b-for-igbo-presidency-2019-project
The money can rebuild all the federal roads in the south east including the second niger bridge

6 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by ChimaAdeoye: 12:00pm On Mar 03, 2017
loopmangoat:

The money can rebuild all the federal roads in the south east including the second niger bridge

Exactly.
Igbos really don't need presidency now. Igbos need to live in freedom, away from oppression from anyone. If Biafra is what freedom means, then we should all support it. If restructured Nigeria will bring freedom, then so be it.

That presidency thing is a mere distraction that can be tackled later. For now supporting a northern progressive such as Atiku will make more sense as we address this issue of treating Igbos as second class citizens of Nigeria and the SE as an alien territory.

Let us deal with the big issues first.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 12:01pm On Mar 03, 2017
ChimaAdeoye:

Exactly.
Igbos really don't need presidency now. Igbos need to live in freedom, away from oppression from anyone. If Biafra is what freedom means, then we should all support it. If restructured Nigeria will bring freedom, then so be it.

That presidency thing is a mere distraction that can be tackled later. For now supporting a northern progressive such as Atiku will make more sense as we address this issue of treating Igbos as second class citizens of Nigeria and the SE as an alien territory.

You people are just unbelievable. Only God will save Igbo people.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by loopmangoat(m): 12:16pm On Mar 03, 2017
ChimaAdeoye:

Exactly.

For me it's to hell with the presidency
Development first before anything

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 1:13pm On Mar 03, 2017
You can tell from Chinaadeoye's name that his life is directionless

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:24pm On Mar 03, 2017
Afam4eva:

He was making sense till I got to that part.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:24pm On Mar 03, 2017
Ikengawo:
You can tell from Chinaadeoye's name that his life is directionless

LMAO

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:43pm On Mar 03, 2017
CFCman:
Smh

Why does igbo presidency need 500b Naira?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo102: 1:50pm On Mar 03, 2017
Afam4eva:

Oga, nothing unbelievable in this, this is the most pragmatic political game at the moment. Tinubu and SW invested billions in unmarketable Buhari and now see the result.

4 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OreMI22: 2:57pm On Mar 03, 2017
basilo102:

Oga, nothing unbelievable in this, this is the most pragmatic political game at the moment. Tinubu and SW invested billions in unmarketable Buhari and now see the result.

I have always known chima in this forum and defunct anambra forum as a hifhly cerebral individual that objectively analyzes a situation without sentiments. Those children hoping that fulani will suddenly give them igbo presidency should WAKE UP! It is simply a ploy to prevent igbo from focussing on biafra so fulani have more years to loot Nigeria

For me, we should focus on Biafra and forget the gimmick fulani are playing paying lip service to Igbo presidency. They hace no intentions for that and it serves as an emotional distraction to igbos. While fulanis continue to loot Nigeria and search for oil in ths north as part of their ultimate agenda for their AREWA republic.

8 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by kettykings: 3:23pm On Mar 03, 2017
OreMI22:

I have always known chima in this forum and defunct anambra forum as a hifhly cerebral individual that objectively analyzes a situation without sentiments. Those children hoping that fulani will suddenly give them igbo presidency should WAKE UP! It is simply a ploy to prevent igbo from focussing on biafra so fulani have more years to loot Nigeria

For me, we should focus on Biafra and forget the gimmick fulani are playing paying lip service to Igbo presidency. They hace no intentions for that and it serves as an emotional distraction to igbos. While fulanis continue to loot Nigeria and search for oil in ths north as part of their ultimate agenda for their AREWA republic.

Can the present Generations of Igbos achieve Biafra, igbos are really on long journey
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikengawo: 3:32pm On Mar 03, 2017
Maybe you can't be we can.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 3:54pm On Mar 03, 2017
basilo102:

Can't they use the 500b Naira for SE development?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 3:59pm On Mar 03, 2017
OreMI22:

I never thought i would say this but bros, this Biafra thingy seems like a pipe dream as the only way to achieve Biafra is if the powers that be in Igboland are in support and they can never be in support unless the federal government wipes out their entire family. Right now, they're having it good in Nigeria and won't trade that for anything else. I'm a realist and as much as i'm not totally the idea of a sovereign state, i have to be realistic in my expectations.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Foxflames: 4:01pm On Mar 03, 2017
As big as enugu is there is no functional cinema. Heard genesis the inky cinema is closed. Abi someone should tell me that I am wrong
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Mar 03, 2017
If the group ends up raising the said N500bn, they could give each of the 5 SE states N100bn.

The N100bn can either be invested in capital projects or kept in an interest-yielding account to guarantee the future solvency of the states.

I believe N70bn will be sufficient to construct an 8-lane highway linking all the major towns of the SE, battling the gully erosion problem, or even upgrading the infrastructure in the public-owned tertiary institutions and secondary schools, and setting up a scholarship fund for Natives of the 5 states who can barely afford to attend a tertiary institution. Alternatively, N25 billion could be used to construct another terminal, taxiways at AIIA.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by shawylux(f): 5:33pm On Mar 03, 2017
CFCman:
If the group ends up raising the said N500bn, they could give each of the 5 SE states N100bn.

The N100bn can either be invested in capital projects or kept in an interest-yielding account to guarantee the future solvency of the states.

I believe N70bn will be sufficient to construct an 8-lane highway linking all the major towns of the SE, battling the gully erosion problem, or even upgrading the infrastructure in the public-owned tertiary institutions and secondary schools, and setting up a scholarship fund for Natives of the 5 states who can barely afford to attend a tertiary institution. Alternatively, N25 billion could be used to construct another terminal, taxiways at AIIA.
Then what would be the looters' share?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by realhumanity: 5:44pm On Mar 03, 2017
I now believe that Igbo's have finally accepted the tag, second class citizens in this country. They have lost so much ground that they cannot even stand on their own but holding on either the south south or the north to have a sense of belonging.

The N500billion naira you guys are yapping about should be directed towards buying the ibaka seaport from Akwa ibom and creating a rail transport around the entire southeast. This will make our businesses grow faster and get better returns on business. Imagine a purely commodity port which will serve the entire southeast, south south and many parts of north central being under the control of Igbo men. it will shoot the region up and every exporting commodity will not pass through the bureaucratic bottleneck in Lagos.

The time to change thinking is now and we should start pushing.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Mar 03, 2017
shawylux:

Then what would be the looters' share?
N1 Billion grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MXrep: 11:29am On Mar 05, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Can't they use the 500b Naira for SE development?
You people don't get it, you can just start "development" without approval from the Feds
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MXrep: 11:34am On Mar 05, 2017
OreMI22:

Igbos don't need to produce the president, what we need is an igbo friendly presidency. Even if you raise trillions of dollars right now and want to embark on development of igboland with it, FG can frustrate you. we have nothing to gain in igbo presidency, he will be busy trying to please others who will want to pull him down, we saw it in GEJ, secondly, yorubas and other southern group will take advantage of it to align with the north and produce vice president, we saw it during GEJ"s reelection bid. What we need now is an igbo friendly northerner. Who says Biafra and Nigerian politics are mutually exclusive??

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MXrep: 11:37am On Mar 05, 2017
CFCman:

You can do these things if the Feds say NO
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MXrep: 11:40am On Mar 05, 2017
realhumanity:
I now believe that Igbo's have finally accepted the tag, second class citizens in this country. They have lost so much ground that they cannot even stand on their own but holding on either the south south or the north to have a sense of belonging.

The N500billion naira you guys are yapping about should be directed towards buying the ibaka seaport from Akwa ibom and creating a rail transport around the entire southeast. This will make our businesses grow faster and get better returns on business. Imagine a purely commodity port which will serve the entire southeast, south south and many parts of north central being under the control of Igbo men. it will shoot the region up and every exporting commodity will not pass through the bureaucratic bottleneck in Lagos.

The time to change thinking is now and we should start pushing.
You better understand nigeria n politics, even with 1 trillion dollars you can't put one block on any federal controlled facility if they don't want it. The first step is to install an igbo friendly presidency, not necessarily an igbo president. Only then can you talk of these things
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 05, 2017
Igbo presidency is a mistake on the making. What we need right now, is an organized drive towards development. The entire South Eastern States can be converted into an economic beehive, backed by the tech sector, including a thriving academic cum knowledge driven population. This should be our focus. It would have made more sense, if the said group is raising 50BN for infrastructural development in the South East. What will happen if that money is channeled towards providing lasting power solution to the South Eastern States.?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by MXrep: 12:33pm On Mar 05, 2017
blues2022:
Igbo presidency is a mistake on the making. What we need right now, is an organized drive towards development. The entire South Eastern States can be converted into an economic beehive, backed by the tech sector, including a thriving academic cum knowledge driven population. This should be our focus. It would have made more sense, if the said group is raising 50BN for infrastructural development in the South East. What will happen if that money is channeled towards providing lasting power solution to the South Eastern States.?
What happened to Geometric that would has solved power problems in Aba long ago?? Abuja can do and undo any region anytime with the present structure, we must work hard to be at peace with abuja before any of these can work. We should stop dreaming of economic power without political power. Igbo presidency for now is not feasible, the best bet is an igbo friendly presidency probably with igbo VP

(1) (2) (3) ... (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.