Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (655) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1779661 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 6:50pm On May 05, 2022
Afonjakid:

You can still manage cost and still build something better. It's not about cost management but embezzlement.. what they budgeted for this will be far far less than what they actually used to execute that nonsense building..

Well, It depends on how you look at it.

For instance, Maduka Onyishi, the promoter of Maduka University Ekwegbe recently said he has spent over $100 Million (60 Billion) on that project.

I know you won't be happy if Ugwuanyi announces that he is spending 35% of our budget on one University.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afonjakid: 7:19pm On May 05, 2022
Digitron:

For instance, Maduka Onyishi, the promoter of Maduka University Ekwegbe recently said he has spent over $100 Million (60 Billion) on that project.

I know you won't be happy if Ugwuanyi announces that he is spending 35% of our budget on one University.

$100 billion for his university project is that not an exaggeration.. what his net worth again
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afonjakid: 7:21pm On May 05, 2022
Digitron:

Six of them are complete and most of them are operational.
I'm surprised that oephieus didn't open a thread about them

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 8:12pm On May 05, 2022
Afonjakid:

$100 billion for his university project is that not an exaggeration.. what his net worth again
$100 Million not Billion. grin grin

BTW, Sam Maduka Onyishi is a silent Billionaire. Aside from his Transport Business. He holds a substantial share in FCMB, Globus Bank, May & Baker Pharmaceuticals, VFD Group and C and I Leasing.

I doubt there is any non-political exposed person richer than him in Enugu State.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 8:12pm On May 05, 2022
Afonjakid:

I'm surprised that oephieus didn't open a thread about them

Ugwuanyi has incompetent media handlers. I am sure he is one of them.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afonjakid: 8:21pm On May 05, 2022
Digitron:

$100 Million not Billion. grin grin

BTW, Sam Maduka Onyishi is a silent Billionaire. Aside from his Transport Business. He holds a substantial share in FCMB, Globus Bank, May & Baker Pharmaceuticals, VFD Group and C and I Leasing.

I doubt there is any non-political exposed person richer than him in Enugu State.
I meant $100 million actually.. what of Barth nnaji, owner of geometric power, I feel he should be richer tho.

There is another silent very rich man from that nsukka, the chairman of so-live group of companies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afonjakid: 8:22pm On May 05, 2022
Digitron:

Ugwuanyi has incompetent media handlers. I am sure he is one of them.
Incompetent abi competent.. ugwuanyi media group doesn't fail to report anything that gburugburu does in enugu state.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 9:46pm On May 05, 2022
Afonjakid:

I meant $100 million actually.. what of Barth nnaji, owner of geometric power, I feel he should be richer tho.

There is another silent very rich man from that nsukka, the chairman of so-live group of companies.

I don't know of Barth but the Chairman of Solive Group is nowhere near Peace.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 9:48pm On May 05, 2022
Afonjakid:

Incompetent abi competent.. ugwuanyi media group doesn't fail to report anything that gburugburu does in enugu state.

They are all incompetent. PR is more than reporting project, it is more of shaping perception.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Rayzoom: 10:39am On May 06, 2022
basilo101:
Nsukka stadium
Nice one!
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Simonokeh7(m): 2:08pm On May 06, 2022
Afonjakid:

How about Chief Charles Mbah of CDV Properties..
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Simonokeh7(m): 2:11pm On May 06, 2022
It's funny how most people don't know how rich Onwa Nsukka ( CEO Peace Mass) is.

I travelled from Port Harcourt to Enugu recently and I doubt if you can drive for 5 minutes without seeing any of his vehicle..

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 2:20pm On May 06, 2022
Digitron:
A conference centre (ongoing) comprising multiple halls, other indoor activity hubs and recreation facilities such as adult and children swimming pools and Lawn Tennis Court at Nsukka

Please, where in Nsk town is this projected sited?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afonjakid: 3:43pm On May 06, 2022
Simonokeh7:

How about Chief Charles Mbah of CDV Properties..
I haven't heard of him.. I will browse up on him
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 6:09pm On May 06, 2022
Simonokeh7:
It's funny how most people don't know how rich Onwa Nsukka ( CEO Peace Mass) is.

I travelled from Port Harcourt to Enugu recently and I doubt if you can drive for 5 minutes without seeing any of his vehicle..

For every 10 travelers you see on the road traveling via commercial bus, 4 are using Peace Mass Transit.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 6:11pm On May 06, 2022
christejames:

Please, where in Nsk town is this projected sited?

Near Queens Secondary School. Same place where you have the recently commisioned State Sacretariat Annex.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 7:28pm On May 06, 2022
Digitron:

Near Queens Secondary School. Same place where you have the recently commisioned State Sacretariat Annex.

Nice one...

Gburugburu pulling development towards Ede-Oballa

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by film3four: 10:03am On May 07, 2022
Enugu first flyover cracks few days after it was completed and painted.

Governor Ugwuanyi started the construction of this flyover few years ago and got it completed just recently. The flyover has been completed and painted, but within a few days wide cracks started surfacing on the flyover, suggesting an inferior substandard construction.

These are the pictures from the flyover.

Watch video here

https://evideostv.com/enugu-newly-constructed-first-flyover-cracks/?amp=1

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 7:33pm On May 07, 2022
film3four:

Governor Ugwuanyi started the construction of this flyover few years ago and got it completed just recently. The flyover has been completed and painted, but within a few days wide cracks started surfacing on the flyover, suggesting an inferior substandard construction.

Watch video here

Have you seen this basilo101
Has it been up to a month that I was telling you about Ugwanyi’s love for mediocrity and substandard contractors? And you claimed I simply didn’t like the man.
Didn’t take a month to prove me right.
The much hyped flyover that Ugwanyi wouldn’t let us rest about as if he was constructing the Burj khalifa has began failing just days after construction. The billboards of the flyover are still littered all over the state.
Just a basic short span ramp they couldn’t get it right.
Basilo101 your governor has failed you once again.
May this cancer called Ugwuanyi not happen to our state again.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 1:19pm On May 08, 2022
Is there a thread for Ebonyi State? I'm really surprised the indigenes are not blowing their trumpets cos omo kiss

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 1:25pm On May 08, 2022
Digitron:
ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF MEDICAL SCIENCES.
Lmao, I just came out from watching a video on Ebonyi State University of medical sciences on YouTube, can you please take this rubbish out of here? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by melodyogonna(m): 1:27pm On May 08, 2022
Afonjakid:

You can still manage cost and still build something better. It's not about cost management but embezzlement.. what they budgeted for this will be far far less than what they actually used to execute that nonsense building..
"He's managing costs" as if Umahi isn't outperforming him with less. Werey governor grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by basilo101: 3:11pm On May 08, 2022
Rgade:

Have you seen this basilo101
Has it been up to a month that I was telling you about Ugwanyi’s love for mediocrity and substandard contractors? And you claimed I simply didn’t like the man.
Didn’t take a month to prove me right.
The much hyped flyover that Ugwanyi wouldn’t let us rest about as if he was constructing the Burj khalifa has began failing just days after construction. The billboards of the flyover are still littered all over the state.
Just a basic short span ramp they couldn’t get it right.
Basilo101 your governor has failed you once again.
May this cancer called Ugwuanyi not happen to our state again.
Same IDC that built rubbish in Awka. I kicked against IDC from the beginning
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by 0bjpmb: 3:21pm On May 08, 2022
Useless nsukka miscreant. IDC did a good job in Awka flyovers and it still standing and in use 4yrs after, while the substandard nonsense Ugwuanyi did in enugu has started cracking even before it is put to use. Anuofia, you were all over nairaland hyping this nonsense being done by Ugwuanyi, now you have seen how substandard rubbish has been completed.

[s]
basilo101:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by 0bjpmb: 3:22pm On May 08, 2022
film3four:

Watch video here

Very shameful. Basilo101 the nsukka miscreant, you don see your useless substandard flyover to no-where.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chinweze93(m): 7:59am On May 09, 2022

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chinweze93(m): 8:00am On May 09, 2022
chinweze93:
https://independent.ng/stakeholders-laud-nigerian-breweries-n56bn-investment-in-ama-brewery-expansion/
Stakeholders including the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), Enugu State Government, and the Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade & Investment have commended Nigerian Breweries Plc for taking the bold decision to commence civil works on the expansion of Ama Brewery in Enugu, which is estimated to cost N56billion.

The expansion project is expected to boost the brewing capacity from 2.7 million hectolitres to 4.8 billion hectolitres in the first phase and up to 6 million hectolitres in the second phase.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by chinweze93(m): 8:02am On May 09, 2022
Please what do you guys think about the pdp aspirants especially Peter Mbah and chijioke edeoga.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by DLPROPERTIES: 1:24pm On May 09, 2022
I will become a religious fellow of happenings in Enugu on this forum, having joined nairaland officially today. Have been a guest reader for the past 3 to 4 years. It’s crazy!

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 2:55pm On May 09, 2022
chinweze93:
Please what do you guys think about the pdp aspirants especially Peter Mbah and chijioke edeoga.

If Chimaroke ain't relinquishing his senatorial seat then Edeoga or Onoh should go...

Peter Mbah is Buhari pro max... We need energetic leader.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Nobody: 5:56pm On May 09, 2022
basilo101:

Like it’s not the governors that give them meager sums to work with while they just jump on the contract assuring the government that it’ll be enough. Governors are complicit in these shoddy jobs.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by okeysoninv: 6:36pm On May 09, 2022
Digitron:

Nigerians and way of inflating contract. Africa leadership university Rwanda cost meagre if $15 million to complete. Very standard university that will beat some of private universities we have in Nigeria here. While uncompleted peace mass university is already 100 million dollars. God help us in this country.

(1) (2) (3) ... (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.