Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (659) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1781218 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) ... (697) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by 0bjpmb: 10:44am On Aug 25, 2022
Viscuz:

I told you there was a bullet fragment in my placenta but you still dey argue

Ok oo
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Viscuz: 10:45am On Aug 25, 2022
0bjpmb:

Ok oo

Asiwaju drug effect is really working on you
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 11:11am On Aug 25, 2022
Viscuz:

I told you there was a bullet fragment in your placenta but you still dey argue

grin
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by 1east: 11:12am On Aug 25, 2022
0bjpmb:
Think home philosophy otherwise known as Aku luo uno is only working in Anambra where indigenes are investing in real estate, industry, commerce, entertainment, etc. But in other SE state especially enugu their governments are just noise with out doing the real work to attract investors. That's the reason Anambra has the biggest economy in the region.

cheesy
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by 1east: 11:25am On Aug 25, 2022
Basilo101 the bitter envious frustrated wawa man. It doesn't matter where the airport road is located, the fact that's it is located in Anambra is what matters because there's no such road anywhere in enugu state. Awka has 3 flyovers but enugu has one nonsense useless disjointed unplanned flyover, Awka has a worldclass ICC but enugu has none. Anambra has a worldclass international airport but enugu has a motorpark as an airport. Onitsha is a well planned city with beautiful roads, flyovers, etc.

While roads in Enugu are dilapidated, refuse dumpsites have covered most roads in Enugu from gariki to mayor market. Dumpsites of refuse have covered almost all the roads in Enugu while Ugwuanyi is watching in confusion. Enugu has failed as a town, Since 1999 till date, enugu cannot boast of any major infrastructure or road or major development.

even poverty in enugu is over 60% while it is 14% in Anambra. Now you know who is better.

XerXers:

This is airport road, newly constructed, completely outside the city. We are talking about major urban roads like Iweka road, Awka road, Atani road, Sokoto road, Nkisi road, obodoukwu road (a mountain of refuse has blocked this road). In fact, Onitsha cannot boast of any new beautiful road apart from the expressway
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by 1east: 11:33am On Aug 25, 2022
Nnewi just like the rest of Anambra is monolithic. Igwe Orizu is more prominent and recognised more than all the village local champion Kings in enugu state. Anambra generally has the most elegant and distinguished Kings in igboland like the Obi of Onitsha, Eze Uzu of Awka and Igwe of Nnewi.

When Prince Charles came to Nigeria, Obi of Onitsha was called upon to represent the eastern region because he is the most powerful.

XerXers:

Tell us Nnewi history of centralized monarchy. Nnewi is original igbo and not part of Benin or Igala settlers in Anambra. The Orizus were British warrant chief for their own community. He is just one of the numerous igwes but recent attempt to shove him down to throat of other Nnewi clans as "Obi of Nnewi" is just very ridiculous
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by 1east: 11:36am On Aug 25, 2022
Igbos have centralised powerful King that's why the Obi of Onitsha represents the eastern region in every national or international event. Obi of Onitsha dynasty stretches back to over 500yrs as at then enugu state was still habitat of monkeys. That's why till date people in enugu speak Anambra dialect because the area was colonised by Anambra people

XerXers:

Not at all brother. Any centralized powerful monarchy is not originally igbo. Onitsha, Oguta, Agbor, About I'll, Ossomari, are Benin, Omanbalas are Igala stock. These are where you have strong monarchy. Original igbos in Anambra have no history of powerful centralized monarchy but some shallow brain are forcing on people as a tool for empty chest beating
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by 1east: 11:39am On Aug 25, 2022
Obi of Onitsha, Eze Uzu of Awka and Igwe Nnewi are the 3 most powerful stools in igboland and among the most recognised in Nigeria. The only reason you are bitter and envious is because enugu has no such elegant Kings.

XerXers:

Eze uzu is another fraud just like obi of Nnewi.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by JOACHINpedro: 8:08pm On Aug 28, 2022
signz:
Meanwhile i heard that Frank Nweke Jr has joined APGA. If he gets the guber ticket, then that's my candidate. I'll support him spiritually, physically (voting) and financially.

We need a technocrat in Lion Building now more than ever before.

With Soludo's help, APGA can be the party of the Technocrats and Middle Class. Or maybe I'm just excited Frank Nweke just joined the party cheesy
Why him
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 4:34pm On Aug 29, 2022
JOACHINpedro:

Why him

Amongst all the leading candidates, he stands out. He's has featured in over 3 Twitter spaces where people asked him random questions and he did well, answering all the questions. He's appeared on Arisetv, a YouTube channel and urban fm selling his plans for Enugu.
The simplicity of what he said he'll do if elected won me over even more. Simpl, achievable but tangible things that will improve the lives of ndi Enugu.

I've never heard anything from Mba, Edeoga and Nwakaibeya.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 5:26pm On Aug 29, 2022
Meanwhile guys, how do you think Enugu will vote in 2023.

I think Edeoga throwing his hat in the ring has evened the odds. Before now any betting man will put his money on MBA (pdp) but Edeoga may just have put sand in their garri.

If election is held today, Nkanu will divide her votes and Edeoga will get majority of Nsukka votes.

How will Awgu, Oji river, Udi and Ezeagu vote? Who amongst these candidates will win Enugu Urban?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OnyeAshuaUru: 5:36pm On Aug 29, 2022
Edeoga should be supported by all those who mean well for Enugu, not because he's better or has better plans for the state, but to put an end to the boy-boy politics of the PDP which poses the most potent challenge to the rise of ambitious talents in the politics of Enugu State.

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:23pm On Aug 29, 2022
I don't understand, under which party is he contesting?. I mean Edeoga.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by JOACHINpedro: 7:00pm On Aug 29, 2022
signz:

Amongst all the leading candidates, he stands out. He's has featured in over 3 Twitter spaces where people asked him random questions and he did well, answering all the questions. He's appeared on Arisetv, a YouTube channel and urban fm selling his plans for Enugu.
The simplicity of what he said he'll do if elected won me over even more. Simpl, achievable but tangible things that will improve the lives of ndi Enugu.

I've never heard anything from Mba, Edeoga and Nwakaibeya.

Wow, I just checked the twitter space. Omo! The man get plans for Enugu o. I think his mandate is clear.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by JOACHINpedro: 7:04pm On Aug 29, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
I don't understand, under which party is he contesting?. I mean Edeoga.
Labour

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 8:53am On Aug 30, 2022
The coming election in Enugu State will be very interesting...

I want to see an end to the boy-boy politics in Enugu which was raised to the highest crescendo by Gburugburu.

Frank is a nice guy but coming from Nkanu that has led the state before is a no from me. Isi Uzo that is in the same zone with them has been sidelined for too long so I am hoping Edeoga will carry the day. I see him as a strong fighter.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 1:48pm On Aug 30, 2022
christejames:

I want to see an end to the boy-boy politics in Enugu which was raised to the highest crescendo by Gburugburu.

Frank is a nice guy but coming from Nkanu that has led the state before is a no from me. Isi Uzo that is in the same zone with them has been sidelined for too long so I am hoping Edeoga will carry the day. I see him as a strong fighter.

The election is a two-man battle between Mbah and Edeoga.

Nweke Jnr has a lot of work to do.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Afam4eva(m): 2:55pm On Aug 30, 2022
Digitron:

The election is a one man battle between Peter Mbah and Peter Mbah. Let's not even kid ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by 0bjpmb: 10:15pm On Aug 30, 2022
Basilo101 the bitter envious wawa bastard. Onitsha has overtaken enugu in development, urban development, investments, etc. Anambra has the best roads in SE. Enugu and Aba are on the same level of dilapidated roads. Ugwuanyi would have fixed the roads but he wasted almost 8yrs doing squandering and indebting the state. While Obiano built airport, ICC, flyovers, bridges, roads, hospitals, schools, etc. I know you are pained over these mega projects, more especially the Anambra international airport that has rendered Enugu motorpark airport useless. Ugwuanyi took enugu state 100yrs backward. So shameful.

XerXers:

Aba has over taken Onitsha in urban renewal. I thought after Obi did rural roads Obiano will transfer inner city but he squandered the money on needless projects

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by 0bjpmb: 10:17pm On Aug 30, 2022
Enugu is known for playing timid and village politics, that's why the state has remained backward.

You people will make another mistake of electing another gburu gburu instead of voting a technocrat like Frank.

christejames:

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by XerXerz: 10:49pm On Aug 30, 2022
Ugwuanyi of enugu state has wasted almost 8yrs with little or nothing to show.

Today, enugu town is more or less a shadow of itself and littered with dilapidated roads and huge sanitation challenge.

Ugwuanyi has incurred so much debt that today enugu has the largest debt profile in SE.

While Obiano of Anambra who was governor same period in consideration built international airport, international convention centre, stadium, bridges flyovers, roads, hospitals, schools, etc

Umahi in ebonyi built airport(ongoing), international conference centre, bridges, roads, flyovers, hospitals, schools, human resources development, etc.

Uzodinma is equally rebuilding some of the roads Okorocha built in a substandard manner. He is equally renovating some infrastructures.

Ikpeazu who is on the same level with Ugwuanyi, has equally done some few roads, flyover, etc.

In all assessments, Ugwuanyi of enugu state is the worst governor in SE. Ugwuanyi has looted so much that he couldn't even execute any reasonable capital project since he became governor.

Enugu has the highest poverty rate in Southern Nigeria.

Enugu is also ravaged by acute water scarcity, that most people in enugu goes for days without bathing. Most drinking water in Enugu are mostly imported from the neighbouring states of Anambra, Delta and Imo states.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by XerXerz: 10:51pm On Aug 30, 2022
Ugwuanyi wasted 8yrs, but within the same period Obiano built international airport and international airport roads

Pictures: Anambra international airport road

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by XerXerz: 10:56pm On Aug 30, 2022
Ugwuanyi looted the resources in enugu state, no wonder he couldn't deliver any major project. We need to get it right in enugu in the forth coming election. Ugwuanyi is not different from Ikpeazu of Abia state

Pictures: Awka international convention centre built by Obiano who was governor same Tome with Ugwuanyi of enugu state

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by XerXerz: 10:57pm On Aug 30, 2022
Enugu has become so backward that the poverty in enugu state is the highest in Southern Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by XerXerz: 11:02pm On Aug 30, 2022
Obiano who was governor same time with Ugwuanyi delivered a worldclass Anambra international airport that has now rendered Enugu airport to an ordinary motorpark.

Pictures: Anambra international airport

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by XerXerz: 11:06pm On Aug 30, 2022
XerXerz:
Obiano who was governor same time with Ugwuanyi delivered a worldclass Anambra international airport that has now rendered Enugu airport to an ordinary motorpark.

Pictures: Anambra international airport

Ugwuanyi squandered resources with nothing to show for it, while the governor in the neighbouring Anambra delivered a worldclass and busiest international airport in SE

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by XerXerz: 11:11pm On Aug 30, 2022
Ugwuanyi wasted almost 8yrs, while Obiano built several flyovers bridges in Awka and other areas in Anambra

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by XerXerz: 11:15pm On Aug 30, 2022
In the neighboring Ebonyi state which even receives lower allocation compared to Enugu, this was one of projects delivered by Ebonyi state government. Where is Ugwuanyi project?

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by XerXerz: 11:17pm On Aug 30, 2022
These are some of Umahi's projects in ebonyi. Where are the projects Ugwuanyi built that's worth the allocation he received?

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by XerXerz: 11:20pm On Aug 30, 2022
Today enugu airport is more or less an ordinary motorpark. It is believed that once ebonyi airport construction is completed, enugu airport may likely be shut down because of poor facilities.

Pictures: enugu airport

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by XerXerz: 10:14am On Aug 31, 2022
Digitron:

Edeoga and Mbah are Gburu Gburu 2.0. Enugu state must get it right this time or Abia will replace it at number in SE and enugu will take number 5 position as the worst state in SE. Ugwuanyi was/is a total failure as a governor, he wasted the entire tenure going from one event to another eating semo and onugbu. Squandering and indebting enugu state as the most indebted state in the region with almost nothing to show for it.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 11:51am On Aug 31, 2022
christejames:

How far with the ongoing Conference Center at Nsukka?

Completed

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) ... (697) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.