Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

Enugu, The Pride Of The East. - Politics (661) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu, The Pride Of The East. (1786520 Views)

Nigerian Armed Forces, Pride Of West Africa. / Babangida’s Letter To Bola TINUBU, Does The Letter Expose The Pride Of IBB? / The First Mayor Of Enugu, The Most Politically Important Igbo City, Was A Fulani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) ... (698) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ikamandoncome: 9:42am On Sep 21, 2022
XerXerz:
Economy of Nnewi is already bigger than that enugu even though Nnewi is the 3rd city in Anambra. Nsukka is old enough to have developed beyond where it is today because when Zik sited the university there, most places in Nigeria doesn't have colleges. Nsukka has refused to develop but has remained a village due to the clanish politics of wawa people. They should develop a city center in Nsukka, build central areas with good roads and modernisation. Nsukka is supposed to be the second township in enugu state

You're right,I'm from aba and I live in nsukka.

Nsukka is just like aba our slum ..... Ugwuanyi only know how to eat akpu and onigbu soup.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by XerXerz: 10:56pm On Sep 21, 2022
Basilo101 the bitter frustrated envious nwa nsukka. This is not obodoukwu road, this is just a by-pass. Obodoukwu road is a dualcarriageway recently awarded for reconstruction by Soludo. Anambra still has the best roads in igboland. Meanwhile all the roads in Enugu are dilapidated with filth almost everywhere. Ugwuanyi failed Enugu state. Next governor of Enugu must award reconstruction of all the city roads in Enugu. Presently Aba is by far better than enugu.

XerXers:
Obodoukwu road finally gets attention from FERMA, sponsored by Stella Odua. A comprehensive general reconstruction of all City roads by state government is what is needed urgently. Aba has gone far in that regard

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by XerXerz: 11:06pm On Sep 21, 2022
Enugu state government should demolish the Nike Lake hotel that's now looking like a poultry farm and rebuilt it to a worldclass standard like the 5 star Agulu lake resort in Anambra. Enugu is more or less a failed state

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by XerXerz: 11:28am On Sep 23, 2022
Enugu is a lawless useless worthless state. Ugwuanyi has failed in all indices of development. Enugu indigenes are clanish and averse to development that's why they don't like paying tax and even the ones they paid were looted by the government that hasn't done any reasonable project in almost 8yrs. Tufia

OkpaNsukkaisBae:
Some people are just lawless... Tufiakwa!
I think the greatest service the government can render to her citizens is compulsory & free education.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 6:08pm On Sep 26, 2022
Guys on ground in Enugu, what's going on

Why did a serving PDP Senator offer to serve in the campaign council of APC Has he fallen out of favour with Peter Mbah? He wants Tinubu's billions? Is he angry Atiku ignored him or is this his normal madness
One thing is certain, Chimaroke lobbied to be in that Campaign Council.

Secondly, is Nwakaibeya of APC a force in Enugu? Is he a major contender? In a free and fair election, can APC win the guber election? There are fears that Enugu APC may use federal might to against opposition parties in 2023, could it be the reason why Ebeano has 1 leg in APC and another in PDP?

Is Enugu APC Chairman really a force in Enugu State?

cc Digitron
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by XerXerz: 6:22pm On Sep 26, 2022
Ugwuanyi never enforced touts ban in enugu that's why driver's now pay 2k to touts and pay 20k to the government. Ugwuanyi has failed and should be impeached for sanity to return to enugu. Ugwuanyi has wasted the nsukka turn without achieving anything in enugu state

OkpaNsukkaisBae:
magine a driver paying 1.5k everyday to touts plus 15k per month as government tax? Seems like the touts banning were not enforced in awka...
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by dettolgel: 7:22pm On Sep 26, 2022
XerXerz:
Ugwuanyi never enforced touts ban in enugu that's why driver's now pay 2k to touts and pay 20k to the government. Ugwuanyi has failed and should be impeached for sanity to return to enugu. Ugwuanyi has wasted the nsukka turn without achieving anything in enugu state

Enugu people what did you guys do this man? He is losing his mind. Seriously what did you guys do to him?

5 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by XerXerz: 7:30pm On Sep 26, 2022
I am from nsukka, so it is about the good of our state

dettolgel:

Enugu people what did you guys do this man? He is losing his mind. Seriously what did you guys do to him?
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by dettolgel: 8:25pm On Sep 26, 2022
XerXerz:
I am from nsukka, so it is about the good of our state

I didn't ask where you are from. I am just concerned looking at how many posts you made and with two active monikers. It seems like someone in Enugu or from Enugu wronged you badly.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by XerXerz: 8:45pm On Sep 26, 2022
No no. No one wronged me. The only one that wronged me is the incompetent failure government we have in enugu state. I am concerned because it is my state.

dettolgel:

I didn't ask where you are from. I am just concerned looking at how many posts you made and with two active monikers. It seems like someone in Enugu or from Enugu wronged you badly.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:06pm On Sep 26, 2022
signz:

Why did a serving PDP Senator offer to serve in the campaign council of APC Has he fallen out of favour with Peter Mbah? He wants Tinubu's billions? Is he angry Atiku ignored him or is this his normal madness

Secondly, is Nwakaibeya of APC a force in Enugu? Is he a major contender? In a free and fair election, can APC win the guber election? There are fears that Enugu APC may use federal might to against opposition parties in 2023, could it be the reason why Ebeano has 1 leg in APC and another in PDP?

cc Digitron

I'm not Chiboy's biggest fan. A trip down the memory lane, I remember how the Northern PDP governors led by Babangida Aliyu worked against GEJ/PDP because they believed it was the turn of 'North' to produce the president. Buhari is from NW...Aliyu is from NW.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 9:10pm On Sep 26, 2022
Some Southern politicians are working for a Southern presidency irrespective of party affiliation. My own be say they shld stop the attack on LP in Enugu.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by donmajesty888(m): 1:19am On Sep 27, 2022
How Tinubu is buying voters cards for 1000 naira in Lagos, as rigging of 2023 election begins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7FLPT68o8Q

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 9:24pm On Sep 27, 2022
signz:

cc Digitron

Lol, First, let me state here that the analysis I am about to do now is purely my opinion and based on my observation.

The four leading candidates are Peter Mbah (PDP), Chijioke Edeoga (LP), Frank Nweke Jnr (APGA) and Uche Nnaji (APC)
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 9:34pm On Sep 27, 2022
Digitron:

Lol, First, let me state here that the analysis I am about to do now is purely my opinion and based on my observation.

The four leading candidates are Peter Mbah (PDP), Chijioke Edeoga (LP), Frank Nweke Jnr (APGA) and Uche Nnaji (APC)

Peter Mbah

Background: Mbah hails from Owo in Nkanu East (Enugu East Senatorial zone). He was born in 1972.

Educational Background: LL.B (the University of East London), LL.M (Lagos State University), MBA (IESE Business School, University of Navarra, Barcelona, Spain), Executive Program (Saïd Business School, University of Oxford) and Honourary Doctorate (Godfrey Okoye University, Enugu)

Private Sector Experience: He has broad private sector experience, especially in the oil and gas sector, where he founded a few successful oil and gas companies, including Pinnacle Oil and Gas, an indigenous oil and gas company with interests in the downstream sectors.

Public Sector Experience: Served under Governor Chimaroke Nnamani as Chief of Staff and Commissioner for Finance.

Major Financiers and Supporters: Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (his close pal for many years), Senator Chimaroke Nnamani (Ebeano Leader), Dr. Okwesili Eze Nwodo (Former PDP Chairman) and Dr Dan Shere (Former SSG and head of Ugwuanyi's Kitchen Cabinet).

What are his strengths and what might work for him?
[/b]

1.He has the backing of the sitting governor and the support of core Ebeano family members.

2. has a rich private sector experience that many feel is vital to running a successful government.

3.He has the financial muscle to fund the election.

4. A clear agenda and vision He promises to expand the state GDP by 700% to 30 billion USD, increase IGR to 10 billion per month and make Enugu the preferred destination for investment, leisure and living.

[b]What are his weaknesses and what may work against him?

1. Part of the Chimaroke administration. People mostly remember this administration for its violence, abuse of human rights, and failure to pay salaries and pensions.

2. Uncleared Corruption Cases: He was part of those prosecuted alongside Chimaroke Nnamani in 2007. His company, Pinancle Oil and Gas, was also indicted for oil subsidy scams by the House of Representatives. The ownership structure of Pinnacle Oil and Gas is also complicated, a reason some allege the company is owned by Chimaroke Nnanani.

3. Ugwuanyi's perceived poor performance, especially in his own zone, has made both him and the PDP unpopular in the zone, which has 53% of all registered voters in Enugu State.

4. Many people who worked under Ugwuanyi see Mbah as relatively unknown and a case of reaping where he did not sow.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 9:58pm On Sep 27, 2022
Digitron:

Peter Mbah

Background: Mbah hails from Owo in Nkanu East (Enugu East Senatorial zone). He was born in 1972.
Educational Background: LL.B (the University of East London), LL.M (Lagos State University), MBA (IESE Business School, University of Navarra, Barcelona, Spain), Executive Program (Saïd Business School, University of Oxford) and Honourary Doctorate (Godfrey Okoye University, Enugu)
Private Sector Experience: He has broad private sector experience, especially in the oil and gas sector, where he founded a few successful oil and gas companies, including Pinnacle Oil and Gas, an indigenous oil and gas company with interests in the downstream sectors.
Public Sector Experience: Served under Governor Chimaroke Nnamani as Chief of Staff and Commissioner for Finance.
Major Financiers and Supporters: Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi (his close pal for many years), Senator Chimaroke Nnamani (Ebeano Leader), Dr. Okwesili Eze Nwodo (Former PDP Chairman) and Dr Dan Shere (Former SSG and head of Ugwuanyi's Kitchen Cabinet).

[/b]
1.He has the backing of the sitting governor and the support of core Ebeano family members.
2. has a rich private sector experience that many feel is vital to running a successful government.
3.He has the financial muscle to fund the election.
4. A clear agenda and vision He promises to expand the state GDP by 700% to 30 billion USD, increase IGR to 10 billion per month and make Enugu the preferred destination for investment, leisure and living.

[b]What are his weaknesses and what may work against him?

1. Part of the Chimaroke administration. People mostly remember this administration for its violence, abuse of human rights, and failure to pay salaries and pensions.
2. Uncleared Corruption Cases: He was part of those prosecuted alongside Chimaroke Nnamani in 2007. His company, Pinancle Oil and Gas, was also indicted for oil subsidy scams by the House of Representatives. The ownership structure of Pinnacle Oil and Gas is also complicated, a reason some allege the company is owned by Chimaroke Nnanani.
3. Ugwuanyi's perceived poor performance, especially in his own zone, has made both him and the PDP unpopular in the zone, which has 53% of all registered voters in Enugu State.
4. Many people who worked under Ugwuanyi see Mbah as relatively unknown and a case of reaping where he did not sow.

Chijioke Edeoga

Background: Hails from Eha-Amufu in Isi-Uzo LGA (Enugu East Senatorial Zone). He was born in October 1964.

Education: B.A (English and Literary Studies) from UNN; LL.B (Law) from the University of Buckingham; LL.M (University of Liverpool); MBA (ESUT Business School)

Private Sector Experience: Successful journalist and worked for different print media before his appointment as media aide.

Public Sector Experience: Media Aide to Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo, Chairman of Isi-Uzo LGA, Advisor to Dep Senate President Ike Ekweremadu, House of Representative Member, Two-time commissioner.

Top Supporters and Financiers: Prof Barth Nnaji (Geometric Power CEO and Former Minister of Power) and Nnia Nwodo (Ex Information Minister and Former PG, Ohaneze Ndigbo)

key strengths and what is working for him. 
1. Vast public service experience, a typical Enugu homeboy, claims he understands the challenges of the state more than others.

2. Unblemished record: Chijioke has never been indicted or questioned for corruption in all his years in public service.

3. Isi Uzo Malignalization: Among all the LGAs in Enugu East, only Isi Uzo is yet to produce a governor, deputy governor, Speaker, Minister, Senator, or diplomat since 1999.

4. Enugu north Sympathy: People from the northern side of the state are not happy with the performance of their son, who is the outgoing governor. Many have vowed to vote for Chijioke in protest.

5. Support of key members of Ugwuanty Kitchen cabinet: Chijioke has the backing of core members of Ugwuanyi’s kitchen cabinet who feel betrayed that the governor singlehandedly betrayed them despite their commitment in the last 8 years.

6. Denominational Angle: The Anglicans have never produced a governor or deputy since 1999, and Chijioke being one of their own, may shape how Enugu people will vote.

What weaknesses may work against him?

1. No private sector Experience: CJ has practically spent all his years in public service. Many people believe it is time to look for business-minded individuals to run the state.

2. Isi Uzo Identity Crisis: Even though Isi Uzo is in Enugu East, many people still see them as having cultural homogeneity with Nsukka. Many people see Isi Uzo taking over from an Nsukka man as Nsukka's third term.

3. Part of Ugwuanyi Administration: CJ served as commissioner for about 7 years under Ugwuanyi's administration. Many people see him as part and parcel of the failure of the administration.

4. Lack of Financial Warchest: Compared to Peter Mbah, CJ is no match in terms of finances.

5. Weak political Structure: Despite in surge in LP popularity, it still has a lot of work to be done

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 10:07pm On Sep 27, 2022
Digitron:

Chijioke Edeoga

Background: Hails from Eha-Amufu in Isi-Uzo LGA (Enugu East Senatorial Zone). He was born in October 1964.

Education: B.A (English and Literary Studies) from UNN; LL.B (Law) from the University of Buckingham; LL.M (University of Liverpool); MBA (ESUT Business School)

Private Sector Experience: Successful journalist and worked for different print media before his appointment as media aide.

Public Sector Experience: Media Aide to Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo, Chairman of Isi-Uzo LGA, Advisor to Dep Senate President Ike Ekweremadu, House of Representative Member, Two-time commissioner.

Top Supporters and Financiers: Prof Barth Nnaji (Geometric Power CEO and Former Minister of Power) and Nnia Nwodo (Ex Information Minister and Former PG, Ohaneze Ndigbo)

key strengths and what is working for him. 
1. Vast public service experience, a typical Enugu homeboy, claims he understands the challenges of the state more than others.
Unblemished record: Chijioke has never been indicted or questioned for corruption in all his years in public service.

2. Isi Uzo Malignalization: Among all the LGAs in Enugu East, only Isi Uzo is yet to produce a governor, deputy governor, Speaker, Minister, Senator, or diplomat since 1999.

3. Enugu north Sympathy: People from the northern side of the state are not happy with the performance of their son, who is the outgoing governor. Many have vowed to vote for Chijioke in protest.

4. Support of key members of Ugwuanty Kitchen cabinet: Chijioke has the backing of core members of Ugwuanyi’s kitchen cabinet who feel betrayed that the governor singlehandedly betrayed them despite their commitment in the last 8 years.

5. Denominational Angle: The Anglicans have never produced a governor or deputy since 1999, and Chijioke being one of their own, may shape how Enugu people will vote.

What weaknesses may work against him?

1. No private sector Experience: CJ has practically spent all his years in public service. Many people believe it is time to look for business-minded individuals to run the state.

2. Isi Uzo Identity Crisis: Even though Isi Uzo is in Enugu East, many people still see them as having cultural homogeneity with Nsukka. Many people see Isi Uzo taking over from an Nsukka man as Nsukka's third term.

3. Part of Ugwuanyi Administration: CJ served as commissioner for about 7 years under Ugwuanyi's administration. Many people see him as part and parcel of the failure of the administration.

4. Lack of Financial Warchest: Compared to Peter Mbah, CJ is no match in terms of finances.

5. Weak political Structure: Despite in surge in LP popularity, it still has a lot of work to be done

Frank Nweke Jnr.

Background: Frank hails from Ozalla in Nkanu West LGA (Enugu East). He was born in September 1965)

Educational Background: B.Tech (Zoology), Federal University of Technology, Yola, M.Sc (Public Administration), University of Maiduguri, and MBA (Havard).

Private Sector Experience: Former GM, FONA Nigeria Limited, an office automation and industrial safety systems company in Enugu. Stellar Constellation Group and ONTV co-founder.

Public Sector Experience: Consultant to ENSG, Chief of Staff to Chimaroke Nnamani. Specialized responsibilities, youth development, and later information and communication,

Sponsors: None 

Strengths and what may be working for him 

1. As Minister, FNJ excelled in all of the ministries he oversaw.

2. No godfather: With no known godfather, many believe he will deliver since he will have all the freedom to work for the people.

Weaknesses and what may work against him

1. Ebeano Link: FNK served under Chimaroke Nnanani as Chief of Staff and was later nominated by the latter for Minister. Many people believe he is still loyal to the Ebeano group.

2. APGA's poor structure: APGA in Enugu state does not seem to have the structure to take power from PDP.
Does not know Enugu too well: Frank Spent most of his life outside Enugu and many believe he does not understand the state he aspires to govern.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 10:12pm On Sep 27, 2022
Digitron:

Frank Nweke Jnr.

Background: Frank hails from Ozalla in Nkanu West LGA (Enugu East). He was born in September 1965)

Educational Background: B.Tech (Zoology), Federal University of Technology, Yola, M.Sc (Public Administration), University of Maiduguri, and MBA (Havard).

Private Sector Experience: Former GM, FONA Nigeria Limited, an office automation and industrial safety systems company in Enugu. Stellar Constellation Group and ONTV co-founder.

Public Sector Experience: Consultant to ENSG, Chief of Staff to Chimaroke Nnamani. Specialized responsibilities, youth development, and later information and communication,

Sponsors: None 

Strengths and what may be working for him 

1. As Minister, FNJ excelled in all of the ministries he oversaw.

2. No godfather: With no known godfather, many believe he will deliver since he will have all the freedom to work for the people.

Weaknesses and what may work against him

1. Ebeano Link: FNK served under Chimaroke Nnanani as Chief of Staff and was later nominated by the latter for Minister. Many people believe he is still loyal to the Ebeano group.

2. APGA's poor structure: APGA in Enugu state does not seem to have the structure to take power from PDP.
Does not know Enugu too well: Frank Spent most of his life outside Enugu and many believe he does not understand the state he aspires to govern.

Uche Nnaji
(I must admit, I couldn't find many details about him)

Background: He hails from Akpugo, Nkanu West LGA of Enugu State

Education Background: 

Public Sector Experience: 

Sponsors and Financers: Gov. Hope Uzodimma and Ali Modu Sheriff.

APC Factor: Being the candidate of the ruling party is an advantage.

Structure: He is a grassroot mobilizer and very popular, especially in his zone.

Weaknesses:

Enugu APC Problem: Enugu APC has been plagued by various crises.

Unknown outside his domain: Not known by many people outside of Nkanu Land.

APC's poor performance: The failure of APC in the centre is demarketing all its candidates.

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 10:14pm On Sep 27, 2022
MY VERDICT: If Election holds today, Peter Mbah will win but Edeoga will give him a good run for his money.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Ofodirinwa: 4:07am On Sep 28, 2022
I'm comparing both candidates and Mbah seem -by far- the best candidate in my opinion.
It's strange to see LP become a force in the country overnight.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 9:15am On Sep 28, 2022
Digitron:
MY VERDICT: If Election holds today, Peter Mbah will win but Edeoga will give him a good run for his money.

Nice analysis there, but it will be a huge task for Mba to win... We don't want another ebeano dynasty in Enugu.

In my 'bias' opinion, I will love Edeoga to win the contest. Things are working in his Favour.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 10:12am On Sep 28, 2022
Ofodirinwa:
I'm comparing both candidates and Mbah seem -by far- the best candidate in my opinion.
It's strange to see LP become a force in the country overnight.

I share your sentiments too.

But we all know how sentiments shape our elections. 

On paper, Peter Mbah is far ahead of others, but there are many changing dynamics that may influence the outcome.

1. Enugu North has 53% of the registered voters in the state. In the last election, they produced 49% of the total votes cast. For emphasis, Nsukka LGA alone had more voters than Nkanu West and East combined.

The challenge is that Ugwuanyi, who should be Mbah's chief marketer in the zone, has lost his popularity for two reasons. 

a. His decision to go to the senate against the zoning arrangement in the zone. By convention, Igbo Eze South should produce the next senator of the zone.

b. Concentration of political positions and projects in his LGA alone, at the expense of the zone's interests. For example, if the PDP wins the gubernatorial and senate elections next year, Udenu would have produced: 

i. A governor for 8 years (Ugwuanyi). 
ii. A deputy governor (Mbah's running mate Ifeanyi Ossai is from Ezimo in Udenu
iii. A serving senator (uguwanyi)

For Project, Udenu alone has the following:
A new state University at Orba; A campus of the State polytechnic at Ezimo; A Teaching Hospital at Orba; A General Hospital at Orba.

2. The changing political dynamics. Ugwuanyi's perceived poor performance is forcing a lot of people to look for alternatives.

3. The Nkanu Factor: Three of the four leading candidates are from Nkanu land (Mbah from the East and Frank and Nnaji from the West).  For their deputy, all three of them (Mbah, Frank, and Nnaji) chose theirs from the North, while Edeoga chose his deputy from Enugu West (Oji River). All being equal, If Edeoga works hard, he could capture the North and if his deputy is able to deliver the West, it may just be over.

But then we can't underestimate the depth of Enugu PDP structure. I still do not see any party springing a surprise in 2023.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by Digitron: 10:18am On Sep 28, 2022
christejames:

Nice analysis there, but it will be a huge task for Mba to win... We don't want another ebeano dynasty in Enugu.

In my 'bias' opinion, I will love Edeoga to win the contest. Things are working in his Favour.

Why do you think it will take a huge task for Mbah to win?

As much as Ebeano is hated, they still control the core political architecture in the zone.

I have not seen any clear strategy of how Edeoga will match the Ebeano and PDP structure.

He will give PDP a good fight but i dont see this transalating to victory but then I may be wrong.
Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by signz: 10:59am On Sep 28, 2022
Digitron:

I share your sentiments too.

But we all know how sentiments shape our elections. 

On paper, Peter Mbah is far ahead of others, but there are many changing dynamics that may influence the outcome.

1. Enugu North has 53% of the registered voters in the state. In the last election, they produced 49% of the total votes cast. For emphasis, Nsukka LGA alone had more voters than Nkanu West and East combined.

The challenge is that Ugwuanyi, who should be Mbah's chief marketer in the zone, has lost his popularity for two reasons. 

a. His decision to go to the senate against the zoning arrangement in the zone. By convention, Igbo Eze South should produce the next senator of the zone.

b. Concentration of political positions and projects in his LGA alone, at the expense of the zone's interests. For example, if the PDP wins the gubernatorial and senate elections next year, Udenu would have produced: 

i. A governor for 8 years (Ugwuanyi). 
ii. A deputy governor (Mbah's running mate Ifeanyi Ossai is from Ezimo in Udenu
iii. A serving senator (uguwanyi)

For Project, Udenu alone has the following:
A new state University at Orba; A campus of the State polytechnic at Ezimo; A Teaching Hospital at Orba; A General Hospital at Orba.

2. The changing political dynamics. Ugwuanyi's perceived poor performance is forcing a lot of people to look for alternatives.

3. The Nkanu Factor: Three of the four leading candidates are from Nkanu land (Mbah from the East and Frank and Nnaji from the West).  For their deputy, all three of them (Mbah, Frank, and Nnaji) chose theirs from the North, while Edeoga chose his deputy from Enugu West (Oji River). All being equal, If Edeoga works hard, he could capture the North and if his deputy is able to deliver the West, it may just be over.

But then we can't underestimate the depth of Enugu PDP structure. I still do not see any party springing a surprise in 2023.

This analysis have shown you are on ground. Thank you. This is an unbiased analysis.

Peter Mba has a rich CV, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Hopefully we get to see them debate before the elections.

Unfortunately you're right about Frank Nweke, infact my friend said only New Haven, Ind Layout, GRA and Trans Ekulu will vote for Frank cry

Also I wonder why Nwakaibeya's past is shrouded in secrecy. No one knows what he does for a living. I have friends who are his supporters and all 4 of them don't know how he made his money. The only thing they say is that he's close to Uzodinma.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 11:11am On Sep 28, 2022
Digitron:

As much as Ebeano is hated, they still control the core political architecture in the zone.

I have not seen any clear strategy of how Edeoga will match the Ebeano and PDP structure.

He will give PDP a good fight but i dont see this transalating to victory but then I may be wrong.

Major part of that political structure of PDP and ebeano are sympathetic to Edeoga.

Ekweremadu camp will easily fall for him...

Majority of Enugu north will vote for him due to the way Gburugburu later became too clannish, taking both the deputy gov, senate and some other key political appointments and infrastructure to Udenu.

Edeoga is a home boy and understands Enugu politics so much.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by christejames(m): 11:13am On Sep 28, 2022
Digitron:

Major part of that political structure of PDP and ebeano are sympathetic to Edeoga.

Majority of Enugu north will vote for him due to the way Gburugburu later became too clannish, taking both the deputy gov, senate and some other key political appointments and infrastructure to Udenu.

Edeoga is a home boy and understands Enugu politics so much. Everything is working in the Favour of Edeoga.

1 Like

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by 0bjpmb: 12:24pm On Sep 28, 2022
Going through the video of the video which is the rural part of Anambra, I can see a very decent organised development with planned settlements with basic amenities like roads, electricity, portable drinking water, schools, hospitals, etc. This unlike even in Enugu capital where there is absence of planning, no decent roads as almost all the roads are dilapidated, filth overflowing ok almost all the corners. Ugwuanyi has destroyed Enugu state, it appeared as though there has never been government in enugu state since 1999.

When I visited enugu recently for an event, I noticed total decay on the infrastructures, poverty is everywhere in enugu with mad people, beggars, miscreants, marauders, touts everywhere in enugu due to high poverty rate in enugu which over 60%.

I visited Abakpa, Emene, Obiagu, Asata, Ogui etc, I realised that ENUGU IS CURSED, those areas are like only pigs live there, though most areas in Enugu state looks like that.

I saw a total messed state when I visited enugu. ENUGU FROM WHAT I SAW IS A FAILED STATE.

ENUGU SHOULD BE DEMOLISHED AND REBUILT.

objpmb:

Going through this video, I can only see RAW EXISTENCE by my people. Everywhere is DIRTY, UNMAINTAINED, ABANDONED and very DISSAPPOINTING. iT IS LIKE THERE HAS NEVER BEEN GOVERNMENT IN Anambra State. Town Planners and Building Control is not existing in Anambra State.
My friend's daughter on visiting said there are lots of homeless mental health sufferers living in shanties along all roads (She was talking of those ugly shops and derelict dwarf shops along all roads).
It is so sad !!!!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by 0bjpmb: 12:43pm On Sep 28, 2022
Enugu people are clanish and plays mediocre politics, that's why someone like the incompetent fat ugly Ugwuanyi could win election in the state. Though Ugwuanyi is from nsukka just like me, but that ediot is the worst governor in southern Nigeria.

Today almost all the roads in Enugu are dilapidated sanitation is almost zero. Rural areas in enugu are in total mess. There's no portable drinking water in Enugu as most people go for days without bathing.

Poverty in enugu has gone even more than ebonyi state. Enugu is clearly a failed state.

So why would enugu people still want to queue behind Ugwuanyi's candidate in PDP who is just being positioned to continue the under development and mediocrity.

For enugu state to move from the list of most backward states in SE, we must look towards individuals like Frank or any other candidate in APGA.

signz:

This analysis have shown you are on ground. Thank you. This is an unbiased analysis.

Peter Mba has a rich CV, I'm pleasantly surprised.

Hopefully we get to see them debate before the elections.

Unfortunately you're right about Frank Nweke, infact my friend said only New Haven, Ind Layout, GRA and Trans Ekulu will vote for Frank cry

Also I wonder why Nwakaibeya's past is shrouded in secrecy. No one knows what he does for a living. I have friends who are his supporters and all 4 of them don't know how he made his money. The only thing they say is that he's close to Uzodinma.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by crossfm: 1:10pm On Sep 28, 2022
christejames:

Edeoga is a home boy and understands Enugu politics so much.

You are indeed on ground. But I will like people outside Udenu to understand that the people of Udenu got absolutely nothing from Ugwuanyi.
He is so self-centered that all he does is for his family and self interest.
Udenu as a whole must not pay for the sins of Ugwuanyi. I feel really pained based on the fact that Ugwuanyi wasted 8years of the time given to the people of Enugu North senatorial district.

Ugwuanyi was a house of representation member for 12year, about to complete his tenure as a govenor for 8years and aspiring to be a senator again without any tangible achievement. The people of Enugu North senatorial district should do the needful by rejecting him totally.

While he was governor,his nephew was commissioner,then moved to become the local government chairman of Udenu. He didn't stop at making him the local government chairman,today the same guy is going to house of Assembly.

Enugu State is in the hands of bloggers and photographers. Ugwuanyi rediculed all the giant strides of gov Chime. History won't be kind to Ugwuanyi,as we speak Enugu is one of the dirtiest state's in the East,bad road's everywhere.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by crossfm: 1:22pm On Sep 28, 2022
0bjpmb:
Enugu people are clanish and plays mediocre politics, that's why someone like the incompetent fat ugly Ugwuanyi could win election in the state. Though Ugwuanyi is from nsukka just like me, but that ediot is the worst governor in southern Nigeria.

Today almost all the roads in Enugu are dilapidated sanitation is almost zero. Rural areas in enugu are in total mess. There's no portable drinking water in Enugu as most people go for days without bathing.

Poverty in enugu has gone even more than ebonyi state. Enugu is clearly a failed state.

So why would enugu people still want to queue behind Ugwuanyi's candidate in PDP who is just being positioned to continue the under development and mediocrity.

For enugu state to move from the list of most backward states in SE, we must look towards individuals like Frank or any other candidate in APGA.

You just took the words out of my mouth. The state of infrastructures in Enugu State today is disheartening. No single road can be said to be good. Pls don't even talk about Enugu East axis,the roads and streets within abakpa is an eyesore.

How can someone who did so poorly as a govenor attract any project to the people of Enugu North senatorial district. He should be in The United States Penitentiary,for his crime.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by 0bjpmb: 1:22pm On Sep 28, 2022
crossfm:

You are indeed on ground. But I will like people outside Udenu to understand that the people of Udenu got absolutely nothing from Ugwuanyi.
He is so self-centered that all he does is for his family and self interest.
Udenu as a whole must not pay for the sins of Ugwuanyi. I feel really pained based on the fact that Ugwuanyi wasted 8years of the time given to the people of Enugu North senatorial district.

Ugwuanyi was a house of representation member for 12year, about to complete his tenure as a govenor for 8years and aspiring to be a senator again without any tangible achievement. The people of Enugu North senatorial district should do the needful by rejecting him totally.

While he was governor,his nephew was commissioner,then moved to become the local government chairman of Udenu. He didn't stop at making him the local government chairman,today the same guy is going to house of Assembly.

Enugu State is in the hands of bloggers and photographers. Ugwuanyi rediculed all the giant strides of gov Chime. History won't be kind to Ugwuanyi,as we speak Enugu is one of the dirtiest state's in the East,bad road's everywhere.

Good that sane people are returning to this thread. The highlighted is what we have been saying but some villagers here are busy with their mediocrity. Enugu is in a mess, bad roads and filth everywhere, poverty is high, etc. The next governor of Enugu won't achieve much because this present governor didn't do almost nothing despite the huge debt profile, so the next administration won't even know where to start fixing the dilapidated state

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu, The Pride Of The East. by crossfm: 1:31pm On Sep 28, 2022
0bjpmb:

Good that sane people are returning to this thread. The highlighted is what we have been saying but some villagers here are busy with their mediocrity. Enugu is in a mess, bad roads and filth everywhere, poverty is high, etc. The next governor of Enugu won't achieve much because this present governor didn't do almost nothing despite the huge debt profile, so the next administration won't even know where to start fixing the dilapidated state

The truth is that our leaders have their faults but we are our major problem. How can we be supporting a big failure just because he is from our zone or state.

We want change but we still support our oppressors. We shout it's the turn of Igbo to be president,but turn blind to the fact that Ugwuanyi negated the zoning arrangement in Enugu North senatorial district.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (658) (659) (660) (661) (662) (663) (664) ... (698) (Reply)

Update on developments in Anambra state-photos / Few Pics From Imo State / Abubakar Shekau, Boko Haram Leader Speaks To BBC Hausa, Enjoys Killing People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.