Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,471 members, 7,816,117 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

I Am So Very Sad - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am So Very Sad (8317 Views)

So Sad!! Jumia Staff Dies On The Job / SO SAD: See What Doctors Go Through On A Daily Basis (viral Photo) / The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am So Very Sad by birdman(m): 5:12am On Jul 03, 2012
If you are working in one of those "safe" banks, you should expect this. In exchange for peace of mind, management will walk all over your career. Two things:

1. Never take your job personal. Treat it like its a business transaction between you and your employer. This way you dont get dejected when your hard work is not being rewarded the way you want. There is nothing worse than having health problems because of work. You lose both ways, and your family feel the brunt.

2. Always have the mindset that you are your own boss, and will establish your own business someday. Even if you never do, it will push you to get even better at what you do. This mindset also puts you on the lookout for connections and ideas. Its only a matter of time before your skill meets opportunity
Re: I Am So Very Sad by Shokoloko(f): 5:36am On Jul 03, 2012
well there are no safe banks anymore. this story is a firstbank one cos poster got sad on the 2nd of & july and the bank's promotion list came out 1st july. i hope you know people were sacked for no reason. i hope u know promotion is now every three years. so many people missed it but the point there are no safe banks. while you work please make a plan B and C. u'll be surprised how many businesses u see are actually owned by practising bankers. why would u want to be in a bank forever anyways? undecidedwell there are no safe banks anymore. this story is a firstbank one cos poster got sad on the 2nd of & july and the bank's promotion list came out 1st july. i hope you know people were sacked for no reason. i hope u know promotion is now every three years. so many people missed it but the point there are no safe banks. while you work please make a plan B and C. u'll be surprised how many businesses u see are actually owned by practising bankers. why would u want to be in a bank forever anyways?
Re: I Am So Very Sad by 3rdparty: 7:36am On Jul 03, 2012
@ Poster,
You are simply being frustrated to throw in the towel, or your competency is not sufficient enough for a higher rank.
Re: I Am So Very Sad by mavinc4u(f): 8:38am On Jul 03, 2012
everybody has spoken their mind but i don't understand why people are hiding the name of this bank.ecobank,zenith,access etc sacked their staffs,we heard it, now first bank has done theirs and it became the bank that released their list on friday night.are you afraid to call their name.any way back to poster,do you pray at all or how do you channel your prayers? there are people that have sworn that others will not be promoted or progress so i will suggest you point your prayers to those sitting on your promotion in that office.rise up at night and cry to your God,they are fools that think God that made eyes and ears do not see or hear.i know of someone that after six years of non-promotion,what she got this time was a sack letter,imagine the nonsense and the lady was on bank training when they called her for a letter.so my dear,prayer is the point here,forget those suggesting you should sleep with them;they lack some nuts in their brain.the best time to say that type of prayer is 2.30am-4.00am,read psalms that is if you are christian. That is my opinion.Above all,don't work hard but work extra smart.no offence.
Re: I Am So Very Sad by Decryptor(m): 8:41am On Jul 03, 2012
@OP, i feel sorry for u. Sh.it happens. What Spirit of Okija said is very true though he shuldn't have proffered it as an advice. I know of a lady that works with Ecobank who sleeps with every Tom, Dick and Harry that calls the shot in that bank. She even went to the extent of travelling to Lagos when there were rumors of an impending lay-off in the bank. They later sacked everyone in the marketing dept but retained her. She was even made the H.O.D Marketing after that
Re: I Am So Very Sad by egoamaka: 9:57am On Jul 03, 2012
@OP,keep working hard,and put God first in everything. He will remember you in His perfect time for you and your promotion will shock everybody.Take care
Re: I Am So Very Sad by cdizz(m): 2:46pm On Jul 03, 2012
it really sounds absurd.what on hell is wrong with the management,that all they could offer to a deligent lady as said is to futilize all her efforts contributed to the company" progress.eyahh it hurts.it could be her refusal to one of her boss that made all things worse.sorry mum
Re: I Am So Very Sad by Mbechun007: 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2012
Business Development Manager (BDM) Vacancy

A Lifestyle Investment Company with business interests in the Real Estate, Hotel Management, Leisure and Fashion retailing industry with combined years of business spanning a decade is looking for smart, business minded and goal-oriented people to join its expanding team.

We are a 360-lifestyle brand driven by a desire to provide innovative products that meets the lifestyle needs of our clients within our chosen business categories. We seek to embody the values and aspirations of our core target audience and build an affinity with them that transcends the products and services we offer.

If you want a career that will challenge you and provide you with an environment that encourages growth, innovation and intrapreneurship, then feel free to contact us.

Business Development Manager (BDM)

Key Role

The primary role of the BDM is one that requires extensive networking and the ability to transform relationships into value-add. The BDM will drive client recruitment and retention, develop and implement marketing strategy and ensure overall profitability of our real estate business.

Responsibilities

Gather information and generate insight on new businesses, products and services to identify existing or expected gaps in the mitigation of needs of existing or potential clients.
Analyze consumer/client trends and information, and categories to help identify new services to introduce as future sources of growth and income.
Conduct analysis and periodical reviews of the brand
Source, identify and generate new business opportunities for the business.
Formal proposal and presentation management and writing
Advise on, draft and enforce sales policies and processes.
Proposition and campaign development.
Effectively deliver pitches and presentations.
Ongoing and effective monitoring and nurturing of client relationships
Pro-active consultation and facilitation of projects
Regular feedback/liaison with client/agencies / suppliers and in-house team
Professional presentations to clients, accurate minutes of meetings with clients
Develop and implement marketing strategies and innovative marketing ideas to drive business growth
Marketing planning and performance monitoring system
Oversight for marketing functions of our real estate business.

Reports to
The candidate will report to the CEO and be guided by the group Business Development Consultant.

Person Profile
Confident
Conceptual
Proactive
Detailed
Intrapreneurial
Possess integrity
Team player

Skills & Competencies
Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
Ability to get along and work with people.
Excellent and effective presentation skills.
Must possess an analytic mind and be able to formulate and implement Strategy.
Ability to write and speak clearly and effectively.
Ability to generate leads, network with people and follow up on leads generated.
Ability to manage marketing, sales and customer service personnel.
Computer literate and intermediate use of office productivity tools (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
Intermediate knowledge of brands and marketing.

Qualifications & Experience
Graduate Degree (B.A/BSC, HND) in any discipline.
4-6 years experience. At least 3 of those years should have been spent in a supervisory role in the retail, brand management and/or real estate industry.
A strong marketing and branding experience preferably in the real estate industry.
An affinity for digital media is an added advantage.
A post-graduate degree will be an added advantage.
Applicants with lower educational qualifications and retail marketing and real estate experience will be considered.

Mode of Application
Submit a cover letter detailing why you want to work with us and how your qualification and experience ties into the position (Max. 500 words)
Send your Resume (With References) and your cover letter to: tohrfactory@gmail.com (Email subject: BDM Job Application)

Additional Information
The successful candidate will work from the company’s Victoria Island office.
All applicants must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to drive.
This advert is valid for one week after date of posting.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Attractive remuneration.

http://hrfactoryvacancies./
Re: I Am So Very Sad by AfroBlue(m): 3:21pm On Jul 03, 2012
weselove: Good day all,
Am so very sad and wants to talk to someone,
I am married with three beautiful kids, work in a commercial bank which prevents me from having quality time with my kids. i really don't mind because we do not have another option for now.

my annoyance lies in the fact that even though i work very hard and also do my work diligently to the satisfaction of my internal and external customers, i rarely get promoted. A recent promotion list just came out and my name was not on the list even though my appraisal score was perfect, i feel so demoralised because even my juniors have risen to higher level, i do trust in my God but then it is just so painful.

cheer up, you are blessed beyond words!

1 John 2:15-17

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
Re: I Am So Very Sad by adamel(f): 3:52pm On Nov 04, 2012
I can't begin to imagin how you must be feeling.It's a pity you are going through this. Have you considered going into business for yourself? There are opportunities that you can look into that begin with very low start up capital. If you wish, you can send an e-mail to
Juagwuocha@yahoo.com.
God will surely take care of you just keep trusting Him

http:///UJIu2c

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Advice On Career Path To Build Upon. / Improve Your Career By Becoming A Better Writer / What Does It Take To Have A Sucessful Career In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.