Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,610 members, 7,816,512 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:25 PM

I Am So Very Sad - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Am So Very Sad (8319 Views)

So Sad!! Jumia Staff Dies On The Job / SO SAD: See What Doctors Go Through On A Daily Basis (viral Photo) / The Sad Tale Of My Employment Life - Please Help ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am So Very Sad by UyiIredia(m): 6:17pm On Jul 02, 2012
@ weselove

It is well ! When all goes wrong just sing out aloud 'It is well'. Don't let temporary sorrows crush you. Look at what you have: Your life, Your family, Your health & wealth and say to yourself 'It is well'.
Re: I Am So Very Sad by SpiritofOkija(m): 6:25pm On Jul 02, 2012
ifihearam: @spirit of okija
I hope your mother and sister phukt their ways to promotion in their endeavours. Iddiioott

Again they are not the ones with this problem so why are you obsessed with them?

Focus on the subject or shut the fhuck up...
Re: I Am So Very Sad by jpphilips(m): 6:26pm On Jul 02, 2012
weselove: Good day all,
Am so very sad and wants to talk to someone,
I am married with three beautiful kids, work in a commercial bank which prevents me from having quality time with my kids. i really don't mind because we do not have another option for now.

my annoyance lies in the fact that even though i work very hard and also do my work diligently to the satisfaction of my internal and external customers, i rarely get promoted. A recent promotion list just came out and my name was not on the list even though my appraisal score was perfect, i feel so demoralised because even my juniors have risen to higher level, i do trust in my God but then it is just so painful.

shoot ur boss dats wot people are doing lately better still sow your whole 1 month salary to a willing pastor *joking*
Re: I Am So Very Sad by SpiritofOkija(m): 6:27pm On Jul 02, 2012
mobuch:

I believe so

Another child
Re: I Am So Very Sad by Stiv(m): 6:31pm On Jul 02, 2012
I don't think this is the best place to express your disappointment. I actually know where you work by virtue of this post. The best thing is for you to have an alternate source of income that pays twice your salary. That is real promotion. Buzz me if you need to brainstorm.
Re: I Am So Very Sad by SpiritofOkija(m): 6:39pm On Jul 02, 2012
Stiv: I don't think this is the best place to express your disappointment. I actually know where you work by virtue of this post. The best thing is for you to have an alternate source of income that pays twice your salary. That is real promotion. Buzz me if you need to brainstorm.

If you have any bright ideas, put it here cos someone else might just be going through same .... Stop trying to get personal with her...

1 Like

Re: I Am So Very Sad by piropaul: 6:52pm On Jul 02, 2012
u are even lucky that u still have the job u case is not the worst just hang on there if u doubt me resign and see what this country is all about
Re: I Am So Very Sad by Nobody: 7:02pm On Jul 02, 2012
married,emotional and depressed is not the best way to live mrs wese,look outside ur workplace 4 a better solution,get a new job cos you definitely need more money.
Re: I Am So Very Sad by acidtalk: 7:32pm On Jul 02, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

Again they are not the ones with this problem so why are you obsessed with them?

Focus on the subject or shut the fhuck up...

No we wont leave them out of this.

Your Harlot MOTHER, LovePeddler SISTER and Slut DAUGHTER even though if they have all been making a living by flinging their thighs far apart in the air for every thing with a rod to enter doesnt mean every other decent lady will do same.

Next time before your drop your stupid comment consider if you were told the same thing.

Son of Jezebel
Brother of a Prostitute
Father of Serpent thats what you are.

Bring it on i am waiting for you.

@OP, you have been told what i will equally have told you. start saving hard to move on and buy your freedom and happiness.
Re: I Am So Very Sad by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:38pm On Jul 02, 2012
acidtalk:

Your Harlot MOTHER, LovePeddler SISTER and Slut DAUGHTER even though if they have all been making a living by flinging their thighs far apart in the air for every thing with a rod to enter doesnt mean every other decent lady will do same.

Next time before your drop your stupid comment consider if you were told the same thing.

Son of Jezebel
Brother of a Prostitute

@OP, you have been told what i will equally have told you. start saving hard to move on and buy your freedom and happiness.

With a name like acidtalk you sure hit like a girl grin grin grin
Re: I Am So Very Sad by acidtalk: 8:02pm On Jul 02, 2012
lagerwhenindoubt:

With a name like acidtalk you sure hit like a girl grin grin grin

The poster needed sincere advise and not some silly expensive joke the punk threw out.
Re: I Am So Very Sad by greatgod2012(f): 8:10pm On Jul 02, 2012
pls,wei everything u're advised and make use of d advice on time, d earlier, d better 4 u. Rgds.
Re: I Am So Very Sad by Konnektions146(m): 8:18pm On Jul 02, 2012
koolguy88: prepare ur cv and submit with other banks, u'll be invited for interview and would be employed on a next grade, make a move now and u'll be glad u did. best of luck
she works in one of de most stable bank in nigeria if not de most stable and she may not consider leavin for de fear of loosing out entirely but de only option is finding anoda source of income.

OP,
i ve been in yur workplace environment and de truth is dat as u know , if u dont know anyone in Human Capital , there is no sure promotion, its kinda random,
i know some one in a branch in Cross river now dats been in a grade for 13years, please i am not wishin u dat and i am not sayin yu re like dat, i just wanna tell u , u re not alone, and promotion comes from God.

As well, Appraisal scores aint assurance for promotion, and sleepin with bosses can only guarantee a good appraisal score and not a definite promotion.

think out of the box,
u may have to find a way to move out of operations, go to PSG,CBG, RBG , dey have better benefit (PFP,Promotions, trainings etc)

its a pity yu feel dis way but dont put yur mind in it, if u do, u will become unhappy, agressive, and it definitely will affect yur household.

wishin u de best of luck
Re: I Am So Very Sad by laidol(f): 8:33pm On Jul 02, 2012
i really do understand how you feel and you are not alone. i have a lot of people in your bank too that have been on d same grade for a while and doing their best but promotion has not come.you need to encourage yourself, you are lucky you still have a job

If you do not have a choice for now i suggest you try and put it behind you and continue doing ur best, hoping u will be lucky next year. but its important you try and get alternative sources of income and concerntrate a bit on your family coz even if you are given promotion next yr do you know for how long you will have to wait for the next one?

i know you can also write a protest letter or somethg like that. If you want to explore that avenue you need to put enough evidence that you had put in your best and got appraised well during the year under review.

Attimes some promotions are considered after the protest letter is written but they are not made public so you might not know. Then you need to be sure that your supervisor actually reccommended you because most times superiors dont reccommend you and only tell you your name was removed by Human capital.

ENCOURAGE YOURSELF,all the best
Re: I Am So Very Sad by Richardid: 8:44pm On Jul 02, 2012
In this country merit does not work anymore. It is man know man arrangement. So dont feel bad about ur not being promoted. this will even make you stronger by focusing on other areas of human survival. start planning your exit immediately u finish reading this post because they r planning to fustrate you out of the system. Plan your exit route The time to quit is the best statagem in life I wish u success in your future endeavour..
Re: I Am So Very Sad by amokemi(m): 8:47pm On Jul 02, 2012
@ poster, i blv we work for d same organizatn. D list came out on friday right? If yes, thank God u stil hv ur job. I'm also in ur shoes, workd tirelesly, did well in appraisal yet no promotion. Very demoralizing though, lets work on d advice given by other pple. Thank God u are nt among d pple dt got sackd. God help us.
Re: I Am So Very Sad by lolaben(m): 8:51pm On Jul 02, 2012
I am very sure is dat wahala Ecobank. Dat is der work.... Less staff, more work, slow network, lesser pay and redundancy in promotion.
Re: I Am So Very Sad by richyblink1(m): 8:57pm On Jul 02, 2012
@poster. 4rm ur post i guesd ur wit 1stbnk. If so,we are in d same boat. U v done ur best b4 God & man,tk solace dat u stil hv a job cus its d most important. Do nt b discouragd,kp doin ur best ur promotion shal b in 3 fold. Takia
Re: I Am So Very Sad by laidol(f): 8:58pm On Jul 02, 2012
lolaben: I am very sure is dat wahala Ecobank. Dat is der work.... Less staff, more work, slow network, lesser pay and redundancy in promotion.

its not ecobank this time its FBN.
Re: I Am So Very Sad by SpiritofOkija(m): 9:01pm On Jul 02, 2012
acidtalk:

Son of Jezebel
Brother of a Prostitute

cry cry

Dude.... You really hurt my feelings...

I feel like killing myself...

Heheheheheheheeeee....

You really put a lot of thought into that and disappointingly fell short... Son of Jezebel!!! What a classic. You evidently are not ready to play in the big leagues.. I will give you a second chance to get my attention.

I Alusi Okija give you the freedom to take another shot at me... Feel free to curse at anyone, from my parents to even unborn kids... Prove to me that you do spit acid...

I will be patiently waiting...

Seriously...
Re: I Am So Very Sad by horny4u(f): 9:04pm On Jul 02, 2012
Take professional courses pertaining to your job ...once you pass.

Tell your boss to celebrate with you and secretly start applying for other jobs.

Also do some eye service ....draw attention to your good work subtly.
Re: I Am So Very Sad by SpiritofOkija(m): 9:08pm On Jul 02, 2012
laidol:

its not ecobank this time its FBN.

My dear,

In the banking world, I really can't give any solid advice as I barely know the criteria upon which promotion is given outside of 'meeting targets' for marketers and commercial bankers and appraisal for the rest... However, it's common knowledge that sex is also a vital part of our banking today, either to bring in an account or to get favor with the heads of department..

If she feels shes being cheated out of a promotion, she can either take whatever experience she has to another bank, sleep with the powers that be or simply resign... Her options don't really get any bigger than this (again I might be wrong)...

Also, if she is one of those staff that is hidden (like always in a corner or her office), she may need to make her presence felt more by interacting more with management and being more mobile..
Re: I Am So Very Sad by Next2Bezee(m): 9:09pm On Jul 02, 2012
Spirit of Okija:

cry cry

Dude.... You really hurt my feelings...

I feel like killing myself...

Heheheheheheheeeee....

You really put a lot of thought into that and disappointingly fell short... Son of Jezebel!!! What a classic. You evidently are not ready to play in the big leagues.. I will give you a second chance to get my attention.

I Alusi Okija give you the freedom to take another shot at me... Feel free to curse at anyone, from my parents to even unborn kids... Prove to me that you do spit acid...

I will be patiently waiting...

Seriously...

Explain to me how all this is fun for you shocked The advice you gave the op was just wrong..Even serial killers and psychopaths have somewhere they draw their line surely you must have @ least a Lil bit of morality.

Spirit of Okija:

My dear,

In the banking world, I really can't give any solid advice as I barely know the criteria upon which promotion is given outside of 'meeting targets' for marketers and commercial bankers and appraisal for the rest... However, it's common knowledge that sex is also a vital part of our banking today, either to bring in an account or to get favor with the heads of department..

If she feels shes being cheated out of a promotion, she can either take whatever experience she has to another bank, sleep with the powers that be or simply resign... Her options don't really get any bigger than this (again I might be wrong)...

Also, if she is one of those staff that is hidden (like always in a corner or her office), she may need to make her presence felt more by interacting more with management and being more mobile..

Now that is a lot better smiley You should have begun with that and kept your friends. angry grin
Re: I Am So Very Sad by boyendowed(m): 9:25pm On Jul 02, 2012
Some of these banks are just career killers.Some people have been working hard for years without promotion only to be laid off at the end of the day.Take heart
Re: I Am So Very Sad by damoskiy(m): 9:26pm On Jul 02, 2012
THE BEST YOU CAN DO IS TALK TO YOUR HUSBAND ABOUT THE WHOLE THING.IF YOU BOTH CAN RAISE #500,000 WITHOUT BORROWING A DINE AND YOU WON'T SELL ANY OF YOUR PROPERTIES AND STILL LIVE COMFORTABLE THEN PLEASE LEAVE THE BANKING INDUSTRY BECAUSE YOU GOT ENOUGH MONEY ALREADY.BELOW ARE MY IDEAS OF THING YOU COULD DO WITH THE #500,000
1. TRAVEL OUT OF THE COUNTRY TO DUBAI AND GET ALL SORT OF SHOES FOR BOTH MALE AND FEMALE,OR BUY COOPERATE WEARS THAT YOU CAN EASILY SELL TO YOUR FORMER COLLEAGUES.
2. OWN A BEAUTY CLINIC.BARBING SALOON,HAIRDRESSING SALOON,MANICURE,PEDICURE.MAKE SURE YOU EMPLOY PEOPLE YOU CAN TRUST AND BE THE SUPERVISOR.
4. YOU CAN GET A PUBLIC TRANSPORT AND MAKE IT ON HIRE PURCHASE.
Re: I Am So Very Sad by hassanumaru: 9:29pm On Jul 02, 2012
[color=#006600][/color]life is full of ups & down.do't wrry ur promotion ll come at the rigth time.god has a plan 4 u.
Re: I Am So Very Sad by elewedu(m): 9:32pm On Jul 02, 2012
@poster, I don't work in a bank , but am sure we are going through the same rough sides of life. I work in a cement manufacturing company , it promised so much in the beginin being a multinational. But I tell u I am goin tru emotional trauma as I speak. It seems clear to evryone in the department there is no next level in the company , only if u re connected a post will be given to u dt has never existed. More demoralizing is the fact both skilled and unskilled job is munched up in your daily schedule. As a degree holder, i expected to be using my brain @ wok, bt no way. All my job function is demoralizing, I can tell u that the jobs dished out to me isn't better than that of a labourer in a building site. I ♓ανε tried all means i knw to cut off frm dat wok place but none has woked. I ♓ανε applied to jobs, no calls. I ♓ανε applied to US for a PhD program jst to get out of my present quagmire,bt was denied. I can continue on on and on. Infact I ♓ανε become so scared that I believe evry manufacturin sector is killin...i am even losin my strength to keep up wit d job, i pray I dnt lose my mind ,and i hope help is jst within d corner for me
Re: I Am So Very Sad by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 02, 2012
U just have to learn how to play politics. In every bank, there is PDP, get to know d power brokers, do eye service . Try n advertise urself at every opportunity like meetings etc by giving good suggestion. Take exams like cibn, ican etc. Sooner than later ull be promoted.
U know banking work isn't secure these days, save! Save!! Save!!!
Prepare for ur exit, as soon as u get sizeable amt, start a project; a school, distributorship, fast food etc. Take ur leave and make sure u monitor it well during kick off, pump ur sal their for a while, wen it stands, take a bow and leave.
Re: I Am So Very Sad by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jul 02, 2012
lolaben: I am very sure is dat wahala Ecobank. Dat is der work.... Less staff, more work, slow network, lesser pay and redundancy in promotion.
Lolz. You must be an eco bank staff.

@OP, Seems everyone in your workplace were expecting a promotion and all claimed to be hard workers, even workers that skive a lot and can't be arsed. Don't really know what to say as the info you have given is a bit scanty, we do not know if your role is clerical or appointed or accelerated graduate scheme, your level of qualification, how well u interact with colleagues, your contributions at meetings e.t.c well all I can say is You should be grateful that you still have a job, m sure their are over two thousand people that would gladly take your post without complaining. Also build your savings as well, you know banks are very good with firing staffs.
Re: I Am So Very Sad by tnktosin(m): 11:48pm On Jul 02, 2012
In everything, give thanks. Whatever the situation as long as you still got your job, you're alot better off than a great percentage of the Nigerian populace. As long as there's life, there's hope for a better tomorrow. Take the advice you've been given, work at becoming your own boss, goodluck.
Re: I Am So Very Sad by StepG: 1:07am On Jul 03, 2012
I have read ur story with utmost care. But one thing I must let you know is hard work alone in any work has never fetch one his required merit for promotion. from ur story I can deduce that ur interpersonal skills is poor. How often do you call ur boss,pay visit,give out gift etc.though this may not make sense but to be honest with you it plays a vital role in achieving ur goals as far as Nigerian context is concern.
Re: I Am So Very Sad by superior1: 2:37am On Jul 03, 2012
I can relate with your pain. I suggest you work smart and not only hard.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Does It Take To Have A Sucessful Career In Nigeria? / Foreign Airlines To Sack 2000 Workers: Union Kicks Against Plans / 8 Awesomely Wise Tips To Being a Successful Caterer In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.