Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,736 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? (22540 Views)

Is This A Rolls Royce Or Mercedes Benz G550/G500? / Honda Hala Or Mercedes 190 - Which One Should I Buy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by outlaws(m): 8:17am On Mar 29, 2008
cool

Internationally Mercedes is known almost every where in the world. In Nigeria for example in almost every neighborhood you will see one or more people that own a Mercedes unlike BMW. Mercedes is now not only the car of the rich but also the car of the poor unlike BMW. It comes down to the year and model of the car. The rich drive the newer ones and the poor drive the old ones.

So, I think both cars are luxury but BMW[black mans wheel] doesn't often make it to a poor mans garage.
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by proo212(m): 11:33am On Mar 29, 2008
Of course both cars are luxury but BMWs are seen as a sporty alternative to Mercedes in markets around the world more especially in Germany. (BMW drivers have a reputation for being arrogant and stuck up) and that is the nicest way to put it grin

If you are up and coming and younger, you drove a BMW. If you are 'old rich', you drove a Mercedes. This is changing though, as Mercedes is trying to attract younger buyers (or have been attracting younger buyers for a long time now). If you notice, the designs are easier on the eyes and the cars are definitely challenging BMWs (on par) for pure driving pleasure. I personally think BMW wins in that regard but other people feel differently.

I guess Nigerians will need to see BMW in the same light (luxury, reliable and more people aspiring to own one, from base model to top end)

Maybe that is what Coscharis has been trying to do all this while
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by dcorious: 4:23pm On Mar 29, 2008
Hi guys, I couldnt help but contribute to this dicussion.

I own a BMW 3 series, i have been driving the brand (BMW) since the late 90s. I ocasionally drive the old man's E class benz, but i promise you i dont get the same satisfaction like i do from my baby. I LOVE THE BM BRAND (always have and always will). No doubt, mercedes makes brilliant cars but nothing for me compares to a BMW. Sincerely once you taste it, it is hard to let go (just like cocaine). I dont think i will ever be able to own any other brand. its going to be BMW for me, my wife and my kids. BMW ROCKS!!!!!!!! grin

BM4LIFE
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by Ivvie: 9:37am On Apr 09, 2008
|
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by nkc(m): 11:26am On Apr 09, 2008
even a vw is better than a bmw grin
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by brauneyes: 2:45pm On Apr 09, 2008
I have been driving mercedes for close to 5 years now and i have not been able to compare the luxury, the finishing and the way it revolves aroung your driving.
I could tell if a car is a mercedes or not even if i drive with my eyes closed. I recently bought a new Toyota corolla for madam and she noticed that it doesn't feel the way as the Benz (as she calls it). How could it?
My friend has a 5 series BMW and when i drove it, it doesn't have that of sense superb engineering the mercedes has. The dashboard design is lack-luster, who needs orange indicators when you can have it in multi colors.
For me, i prefer the mercedes and i have been eyeing the CLS for some time now.
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by nkc(m): 3:06pm On Apr 09, 2008
for me

1 = benz

2= vw

3= bmw
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by dcorious: 4:19pm On Apr 09, 2008
NKC your comments only showcases your ingnorance about cars (bmw in particular), how dare you even think of saying that vw is better than the BMW? There is no basis for comparison. Please be careful where you make such comments as there are places i know where people have been hurt for making such statements. Be warned. You all can feed your ignorance by going through the website bellow. Note that this review was done by professionals and not armchair analyst like us.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparison_test/sedans/waiting_for_a_bimmer_beater_comparison_test
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by Ivvie: 5:11pm On Apr 09, 2008
|
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by dcorious: 5:54pm On Apr 09, 2008
ivvie,

I do not doubt the prowess of audi as a brand or even vw. My grouse is that neither of them even including mercedes benz are on the same level with the BMW. I have done research on this topic and all results attest to the fact that BM is supreme. Please view this link to be informed. I will provide more research data if you require it. Please make no mistake BMW RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/comparison_test/sedans/waiting_for_a_bimmer_beater_comparison_test

Please and please take your time to view the link above, study the reviews and analysis before we chat again.
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by nkc(m): 8:13pm On Apr 09, 2008
in short, all u guys go bury yur sef, nonsense

VW RULES PERIOD grin
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by dcorious: 11:30am On Apr 10, 2008
this is not a matter of buying rubbish. Available facts, data and information supports confirms that the BMW is "the ultimate driving machine, " numero uno.

Please note that the BMW is not meant for everybody. So please keep buying your VWs, toyotas,Hondas and all the other fake ass automobiles and leave BMW for the Big Boys.
wink
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by nkc(m): 1:15pm On Apr 10, 2008
oh, u mean u small boys grin
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by dcorious: 3:32pm On Apr 10, 2008
hahahaaha, Very funny grin
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by Frando29(m): 5:02pm On Apr 10, 2008
@dcorios
Bimmer for life!!!!!
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by Ivvie: 5:20pm On Apr 10, 2008
|
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by nkc(m): 5:59pm On Apr 10, 2008
@ivvie

worry not, i aint like that, wanted to make him love his car, i love my vw to death, when sport tuned, with supercharger packages, well,hmmm. but d audis r better compared, but when they r supercharged, i will allow siena to ansa that grin

hope u get my love

every car has it benefits so, everyone believes his car is it, but to me the best is finally a BENZ. but i still love Vws. so what i will do is migrate to audi to cool my thirst for power, after i supercharge my passat,lol.

Bmw is a cool brand but i hate it for one thing, parts r absurdly expensive
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by dcorious: 6:23pm On Apr 10, 2008
NkC,

True BMW parts are expensive so also are mercedes benz parts. Thats why these cars are not just for any body.

Ivvie,

I must say i truly appreciate your arguments and your sound knowledge for cars esp for the mercedes benz which you are rooting for.

However you must note that the authors of the review are people that are vast in these issue. Did you notice that the Benz and acura had the same engine specs but the acura still beat it to third place.

Agreed we are deviating a little from the original aim or purpose of the thread but there are certain facts that need to be pointed out to help contributors form fact based conceptions on which brand truly is #1.

Just for entertainment please view this link below.

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/luxury/112_0602_sport_sedan_comparison/verdict.html

Please note the caption of the review when you open the site, also notice that the Benz had a bigger engine capacity than the other two cars, most importantly note the reviewers verdict on which brand is the most luxurious and the best performer on and off road.

I hope the link will finally put to rest the argument on which brand is most luxurious, even though some of us knew the answer from the beginning.

I will be glad to provide you with other links if you still don't agree.

Cheers.
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by waleab: 6:27pm On Apr 10, 2008
m. benz all the way. always try europe if you livee around and dealers are great too
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by CHANCEMAN: 7:44pm On Apr 10, 2008
dcorious, sorry to bust you bubble.All these reviewers are paid so they say whatever they like.When cars are reviewed in America cars like mb and bmws do not even come tops so save that expert crap for novices.Check cars in sales volume and resale values.Anyday benz tops bmw.BENZ LEADS BMW FOLLOWS CHEERS

1 Like

Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by Echeozo(m): 8:25pm On Apr 10, 2008
^
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by Ivvie: 8:33pm On Apr 10, 2008
|
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by Ivvie: 8:52pm On Apr 10, 2008
|
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by YoungBrain: 9:36pm On Apr 10, 2008
My advice
"Admire d Benz but use d Bemma 4 life"
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by nkc(m): 10:59pm On Apr 10, 2008
@ivvie

nice one on audi, i like been funny, gat no time to argue. funny things is every expert has a bias
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 10, 2008
This thread is NOT about engine performance, or technology.

It's about luxury. Luxury means different things to different people.

For me, I'd say Mercedes. BMW is more of a driver's car, but for sheer luxury, the Mercedes beats it hands down, in my opinion.

Please, let's not turn this thread into a technical debate, because, it isn't one.
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by nkc(m): 11:17pm On Apr 10, 2008
in terms of luxury only = benz
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by dcorious: 8:49am On Apr 11, 2008
Chanceman,

You comments show that you are a true Nigerian, believing that there is a conspiracy in any article that tries to deliver true and unbiased judgment about a product or service. I don't blame you for your perspective on this issue its just a mirror of the general attitude of people to issues like this in our society.

I advise that you try to trust that not all reviews are paid for by manufacturers, when you do this you will be opening yourself up to a wealth of information and knowledge.

Even after i provided severals links to prove my point you still doubted. When it comes to care sales and resale volume which was the in dices you suggested should be used to judge between Benz and BMW please visit www.forbes.com for the information (i hope you wont say BMW paid forbes too for the review).

ECHEOZO,

I understand your sentiments towards the BENZ brand, but i believe if you truly want to prove your point you should be able to show proof other than your own experiences and opinion (this is what i have tried to do from the beginning). Its not just saying BENZ or BMW is better please PROVE IT with facts and data (whether the facts are paid for or not).

NKC,

Everyone knows that ", all work and no play gives tom a heart attack". Thanks for the comic relief you posted in the thread by comparing BMW and VW it was nice. I couldn't help but laugh each time i remember your contribution.

Ivvie,

I read your views with admiration for your open mindedness and clear knowledge on this topic, But you must admit that BMW is a little under rated when compared to the benz.

Sienna,

You have a point. This thread appears to have shifted slightly away from the key issue (LUXURY ) not performance. I hope the link below if viewed by people that have the time and have been arguing off point will put to rest the question on which is better in that regard.

The link compares BMW and MERCEDES based on luxury,performance, design and general customers preference for both. I guess i don't have to tell you who won.

http://sssiva03./2007/12/18/bmw-vs-mercedes-benz-an-exhaustive-report/

Generally speaking, the lower end BMW is more luxurious then the lower end mercedes, but when you go into higher classes, the mercedes shows off its true name to quality. Mercedes is a luxury cruiser and a BMW is a sport sedan. Both have luxury options, but BMW sacrifices some comfort for performance.

Please feel free to also check this link

http://consumerguideauto.howstuffworks.com

please ensure that you are comparing cars from the same class group.

My last comment on this thread

Cheers y'all
Enjoy.

wink
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by dcorious: 9:04am On Apr 11, 2008
Just got this info and thought i should share it with everyone. Please view the attached file from the world renowned institute of luxury in america.

Enjoy the read.

Please note you can only view the file is you have Adobe PDF installed on your system.

Cheers

Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by Nobody: 9:21am On Apr 11, 2008
Interesting read. Thanks for that, Dcorious.
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by nkc(m): 9:49am On Apr 11, 2008
@dcoriouss

nice read up grin, dont mind me, i like been funny, but truly u know d truth, vw is better than ?

lol, just kidding, enjoy yur day my friend.
Re: Most Luxury: BMW Or Mercedes? by atilla(m): 10:03am On Apr 11, 2008
hhhm

i think mercedez benz.

especially with the new ones coming out these days they are smaller beautiful and computerized and leave u with no options--- because everything is there.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Futuristic Mobile Food Truck Requires Less Human Intervention / Trip: Abuja - Enugu & Anambra, With My 605 V6 (1500 Km) / A Thread On Car Tracking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.