Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,795 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) (34352 Views)

Aregbesola Visits Ooni Ogunwusi, Squats In His Palace. See Photos / Emir Of Ibi Gave Melaye Fish At His Palace (Photos) / Buhari's Meeting With The Presidents Of Chad, Niger, Cameroon, Benin In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Nobody: 12:58am On Jul 04, 2012
Politics carry too far! It's a shame.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by mitofag: 12:58am On Jul 04, 2012
GEJ on a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong thing.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Ayatullah(m): 1:03am On Jul 04, 2012
A FIELD MARSHAL INDEED?..................NO WAY, A FAILED MARSHAL!!! SOMEBODY IS ABUSING THE UNIFORM GEN. MURTALA MUHAMMAD WORE WITH RESPECT.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by PhysicsQED(m): 1:04am On Jul 04, 2012
Theblessed: [size=16pt]Well for some, it looks funny and for sensitive others, it's disgraceful/pitiful!

Actually, it was the Oba that disrespected himself, really.

Nigerian politics did not start with Jonathan and won't end with him either as future Head of State had actually, drawn from this incident. By acting this way, the Oba only showed his immaturity and lack of diplomacy as a leader and I query is ability to lead his people.

From this attitude, he'd be so lucky to get more Presidential respect/visits in the future especially, from future Presidents. He'd be so lucky if they ever ring his 'BELL' in life again because, respect they say, is reciprocal or let me simply say, give and take/receive!
[/size]

You're a goat, and someday you'll go to goat heaven, where they'll judge you. Keep bleating.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by ideamaster(m): 1:17am On Jul 04, 2012
Those of you condemning the Oba, the question is: why did GEJ leave Aso rock to Benin to see the Oba?
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by nijanigga: 1:20am On Jul 04, 2012
The most disgraced Nigerian president.It were better for this "mumu" to resign.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Nobody: 1:26am On Jul 04, 2012
Alxmyr: If this is true, Mr. President earn my respect for this.
For a man whose singular word can change the entire Benin kingdom or whatever remain of it,
to have humbled himself to the extent of sitting for a king, this is an epitome of humility.
I don't know if this picture is true, but if it is, I am very humbled by this.
THIS IS HUMILITY AT ITS PEAK.

Wish kind HUMILITY be this one? HUMILITY my foot. The Oba simply sees him as a decrepit leader and sees it fit to slap him on the face. Take a good look at both of them. I bet Sambo must have been saying to Jonathan: You see what you caused. I told you let's not come here but you insistedsmiley If this were Gen. Sani Abacha or Obasanjo, the Oba will even cut his poo poo short to see them.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by dasparrow: 1:32am On Jul 04, 2012
For a man whose singular word can change the entire Benin kingdom or whatever remain of it,
to have humbled himself to the extent of sitting for a king, this is an epitome of humility.

You've spoken well.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Nobody: 1:42am On Jul 04, 2012
Before we jump into conclusion, let's ask ourselves some questions.

Was the President invited by the king or was it an impromptu visit? I'm quite sure he wasn't invited, hence the snub.

I don't buy the humility argument, the king has the right not to attend to any guest he deems unfit to attend to. The King might be anti PDP, hence the snub.

PDP has failed Nigerians immensely, and the King's gesture might signify protest and disapproval of the Party in his State.

Igbinedion (PDP) was awful during his tenure, and Oshiomhole (AC) has been fantastic so far.

The King, like most long-suffering Nigerians, wants to be associated with something that is working for the people ( something progressive).
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by PhysicsQED(m): 1:55am On Jul 04, 2012
There are no questions to be asked.

Most of the posters on this thread are just dumb and too lazy to read.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by brownlord: 1:55am On Jul 04, 2012
High_Chief: The Oba goofed bigtime, no matter what he shouldn't have snubbed them. Thou I doubt the veracity of this news, but we should all put our differences aside and see that the Oba just disrespected the number 1 and 2 citizens of Federal Republic of Nigeria

shutup olodo, get accurate information before putting your dirty mouth in discussion you know nothing about
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by brownlord: 1:58am On Jul 04, 2012
Danka7777:

Wish kind HUMILITY be this one? HUMILITY my foot. The Oba simply sees him as a decrepit leader and sees it fit to slap him on the face. Take a good look at both of them. I bet Sambo must have been saying to Jonathan: You see what you caused. I told you let's not come here but you insistedsmiley If this were Gen. Sani Abacha or Obasanjo, the Oba will even cut his poo poo short to see them.

You really sound like an Animal that you are
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by brownlord: 2:00am On Jul 04, 2012
PhysicsQED: There are no questions to be asked.

Most of the posters on this thread are just dumb and too lazy to read.

Infact am shut of words, God bless you my broder
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by boyendowed(m): 2:14am On Jul 04, 2012
Nwa_Nimo: GEJ, GEJ, GEJ . . . . Oyibo de watch ohh!!

I remember Obama bowed for the Japanese emperor Akihito.Was Obama wrong to do that?

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by F00028: 3:06am On Jul 04, 2012

If you insist,,, wink
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Kayday(m): 3:37am On Jul 04, 2012
I'm not a Gej fan, but i dont think the Oba got this one right. It's a disgrace to all Nigerians. It'll certainly have future consequencies. Anyway the oba self don old. The next one should thread softly otherwise they'll ridicule that respected institution.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by tatosh: 4:32am On Jul 04, 2012
I'm sory to say but you're a big FOOL. Its people like you that make this Leaders feel like they're more than ordinary human beings whilst they continue to make Nigerians suffer. You need to study the lifestyle of greater leaders of greater nations then you'll understand what Humility is Mr man
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by livingstoneony(m): 5:49am On Jul 04, 2012
ROSSIKE: ^^^What do you mean by that facepalm rubbish? The Oba of Benin is a monarch of high integrity. The Benin Kingdom is world renowned and pre-dates the birth of your puny village by a thousand years!
if d benin kingdom like it should fall from heaven it is still in naija!#smh
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by ikoha: 5:54am On Jul 04, 2012
dayokanu: Thank you Omo NOba Erediauwa for putting the clueless clown Retardeen Jonathan in his place.

On top say retardeen wear beads and dressed up for the occasion. What a m0r0n

you are more clueless. In every African culture, when somebody pays you a visit even if he was your enemy you must treat him with highest level of courtesy and hospitality.
The Oba got it wrong...BIG TIME.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by ogaemma: 6:07am On Jul 04, 2012
Photo shop. That is not the Oba's palace. Am talking of a place I know too well. Oba atokpe ehh Ise.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by JimmyBoy1: 6:09am On Jul 04, 2012
I want to believe Photoshop is at work here, Oba is wise and old enough to know that he can not shun the president regardless of where he leans politically.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by INFO70: 6:12am On Jul 04, 2012
to have humbled himself to the extent of sitting for na king, this is an epitome of humility.

You hit it right. Our president is really a humble person.
On the other side of it, is this Oba civilized ? He should be polite in dealing with People even if is his opponent.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by deshclones(m): 6:26am On Jul 04, 2012
Mehn.../ej is so humble and calm...democrzy is bleeped sha..2verybody gets the right to say and do anyhow...9an the oba do this during buhari or abacha era

Gej is d hero here...-f it were me.....I will give him d timi silva treatment....what nerves....the oba insulted our number one citizen../ej is still d president regardless of if he is performing or not...geeeezzz...shocked is oba of benin. I pray d pdp guy wins...bet he will put d oba in his place.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by naptu2: 6:47am On Jul 04, 2012
In his write up - Igue Festival, Ademola Iyi-eweka explains that, Igue Festival is also the time the Oba and some chiefs are involved in AGWE (fasting). The Oba goes into seclusion, not to be seen by visitors. When the Oba and his chiefs break the fast, they are ready to perform UGIE ERHA OBA- a ceremony honouring the Oba's ancestors. The Edos believe in ancestral worship and everybody joins the Oba in Ugie Erha Oba.

http://www.edostate.org/oba.php

Palace Press Statement: I didn't shun Jonathan - Oba of Benin⁠

OBA of Benin, Oba Erediauwa, has denied what he described as “certain mischievous publications in some national newspapers”  that he shunned President Goodluck Jonathan and the leadership of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, during their visit to Benin, weekend.

It had been widely reported that Oba Erediauwa did not come out to
receive the President when Jonathan had come calling at his palace in Benin. This had in turn fueled suggestions that the Benin monarch shunned the President and members of his entourage.

Reacting on Monday, the Benin Traditional Council in a statement issued in Benin by Mr. Frank Irabor, Secretary to the council, explained that “in fact, it is the respect and love the Oba has for Mr. President, that made him see our President in his private chamber in the Palace despite a complicated situation on that day

“The public is reminded that three weeks ago, the Oba waited for over two hours in his open office, where he received the Vice – President, Dr. Namadi Sambo and PDP chieftains that were in Benin for their political rally.” 

The Benin monarch advised politicians to avoid violence in the forth coming governorship election in the state, saying that political office occupation should not be seen as a do or die affair.

It will be recalled that the President and PDP leadership were in Edo State to attend a campaign rally in support of Major-Gen. Charles Airhiavbere (rtd), the party’s governorship candidate for the July 14, 2012 election and were at the palace of the Benin monarch for the customary courtesy call on him.

http://elombah.com/index.php/write-for-us/11768-palace-press-statement-i-didn-t-shun-jonathan-oba-of-benin

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Diamondwriter(m): 7:05am On Jul 04, 2012
obo_man: Before we jump into conclusion, let's ask ourselves some questions.

Was the President invited by the king or was it an impromptu visit? I'm quite sure he wasn't invited, hence the snub.

I don't buy the humility argument, the king has the right not to attend to any guest he deems unfit to attend to. The King might be anti PDP, hence the snub.

PDP has failed Nigerians immensely, and the King's gesture might signify protest and disapproval of the Party in his State.

Igbinedion (PDP) was awful during his tenure, and Oshiomhole (AC) has been fantastic so far.

The King, like most long-suffering Nigerians, wants to be associated with something that is working for the people ( something progressive).
for ur information,d crowned prince,oba first son[d nxt oba] is a fulltime pdp member.the pdp candidate in d state was received by d oba himself.so for oba not to hv come might mean sumtin crious i cnt say here..NO OBA CN SNUB A GOV,LET ALONE A PRESIDENT
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by linearity: 7:11am On Jul 04, 2012
obo_man: Before we jump into conclusion, let's ask ourselves some questions.

I doubt if the President of Nigeria with his entourage, security details and advanced security details who will first arrive at the destination to secure the place will arrived without notice or advance notice. It does not just happen that way in the real world...
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by brownlord: 7:13am On Jul 04, 2012
Detongue: Dis is humility. A man dat is well brought up is not difficult to know. I give it GEJ

You are. Very correct my broder, that the reason he cannot stand up to the challenge and save the people that he swore to protect as bomb is now becomin knockout and killings everydaythin in the north, abi, see ur stupidity, the times he's suppose to stay in aso rock he ran to benin immediately after returnin from oversea trip to attend pdp rally, and he badge into the kind palace witout notice and that humility, just see ur foolishness
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by ojeffo: 7:15am On Jul 04, 2012
Clerverly: I Love this Oba die. I hope my hungry Igbo chiefs can learn from this Oba!!
See as the Mumu sit down like inwi grin
Go and sort out the NEPA and Boko Haram Wahala retardeen.
U are a mooron of a rare breed! Y bring tribalism into this u son of a dog n Goat cross breed.For u guys who hoped to achieve wateva by posing this pic,it turned out like the proverbial ugbana(flamengo) dt was rubbed wt charcoal and it became prettier than before! GO n Hang Jona Haters!
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by brownlord: 7:18am On Jul 04, 2012
PhysicsQED: The fact that some moderators on this forum would draw attention to a distorted/slanted story by putting it on the front page, after already doing so once before with that "Oba Of Bini Refused GEJ In His Palace" thread, is disappointing.

I know this site is just about revenue and not accuracy, so I won't bother about the ridiculous claim/story itself. I'll just note that you guys already put the same thing up on the front page a day or two ago and this whole issue has been thrashed out before.

In fact, this thread should have been closed by OAMJ or another mod since it is definitely a repeat of an existing thread. But instead it gets on the front page so that more goats can bleat over a non-issue.

This is the 3rd thread and this issue has been trashed, but some bastard would not read rather they are just lookin for way to insult people in authority especially when it does not favor gej, they don't care whoever the other party is and the full story, and we all want Nigeria to be a better place
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by monex(m): 7:26am On Jul 04, 2012
emotions are winning over reason.

most posts here lean to one side and reveal their bias.

truth is this is a non-issue. for a GEJ hater like me, neither GEJ nor the Oba did anything wrong. the Oba did not shun GEJ for reason's sake. He saw GEJ in his inner chambers. The rites he was performing are very serious rites. I have no doubt that the Oba supports Oshiomole and I see no reason why he shouldnt. but he is wise enough not to shun a visitor.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Alxmyr(m): 7:28am On Jul 04, 2012
brownlord:
Mumu man, i dont know if you had followed up the two previous post on this same topic, i just wonder why they keep bringing up this issue, it was a bad timing for the president, as the period he visited the king was performing a rite of which do not permit him to see anyone, regardless upon receiving the news that the president was around, he therefore suspend what he was doing and call the president to his inner palace why other PDP executives where ask to vacate the palace....
The President was thereafter asked to proceed alone to the inner chambers to see the Oba while others, including the PDP Candidate, Maj-Gen Charles Aihiavbere (rtd), were asked to vacate the palace hall.
http://247ureports.com/oba-shuns-airhiavbere-as-president-visits/
Olodo, read only headline and start posting rubbusg

You need not resort to insult to make a point. It is a sign of weakness.
GEJ is the commander in chief of the Armed Forces and he does not go anywhere without the full paraphenalia of his office.
Days before his arrival into any where to see anyone, security agents would have given him security alert and would have detailed his protocol about his arrival. Everything pertaining sitting arrangement would have been made and other detailed arrangement. For anyone to come here and insinuate that GEJ was not invited to the palace or that the Oba was performng one ritual is baseless. The bottomline, the palace was set for GEJ arrival, but the Oba decided to carrypolitics into palace and refused to accord the President the respect he deserved.
Why was other people with GEJ refused entry into the palace? Its purely politics.
To show how petty the Oba's action was, Oshiomole whom he is staunchly defending, was at the Airport to receive Mr. President.
I remember that an Oba who received a governor into his palace and told the governor who had come to solicit his support for election that he (the governor) should not expect the people in his domain to vote for him because they have a better candidate whom they consider their son.
That is maturity and diplomacy.
I once said somewhere, the Oba has shown over the years that he has issue with self-esteem. Otherwise, what was his grouse with Esama of Bini, Chief Gabriel Igbinedion.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Forzap: 7:29am On Jul 04, 2012
[quote author=jumobi1]The picture looks very undemocratic.[/quote

LMAO
wetin cocern dis pic wit DEMOCRACY?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

London Police Called To Arrest The Guardian’s Reporter Over Buhari / #EndSARS Promoters Must Be Punished - Garba Shehu / FG Orders Reopening of Obajana Cement Factory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.