Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,671 members, 7,813,236 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) (34346 Views)

Aregbesola Visits Ooni Ogunwusi, Squats In His Palace. See Photos / Emir Of Ibi Gave Melaye Fish At His Palace (Photos) / Buhari's Meeting With The Presidents Of Chad, Niger, Cameroon, Benin In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by maasoap(m): 7:30am On Jul 04, 2012
Alxmyr: If this is true, Mr. President earn my respect for this.
For a man whose singular word can change the entire Benin kingdom or whatever remain of it,
to have humbled himself to the extent of sitting for a king, this is an epitome of humility.
I don't know if this picture is true, but if it is, I am very humbled by this.
THIS IS HUMILITY AT ITS PEAK.
What kind of humility can you find in a man who doesn't give a damn about what 160million Nigerians think? It is about what he wants from the King. Election is near and they need favour from the Oba, you know some kind of influence. What did you think made him go there in the first place? Can he destroy Benin? No! But can only removed the Oba through some kind of politics and manipulation, but his damaged image and declining popularity will become worse.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by realghy(m): 7:31am On Jul 04, 2012
Nwa_Nimo: GEJ, GEJ, GEJ . . . . Oyibo de watch ohh!!

ahah Lol

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by dont8(m): 7:41am On Jul 04, 2012
He shows down!
Yield: Damn, but the Oba didn't show up, right?
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by ziccoit: 7:43am On Jul 04, 2012
For a man whose singular word can change the entire Benin kingdom or whatever remain of it,
to have humbled himself to the extent of sitting for a king, this is an epitome of humility.

@bolded. It is clear we are getting wrong the roles of a government to the governed and vis vasa. A man who is supposed to be a servant of his people where things work by the virtue of been enthroned by the same people. Our souls are truly battered and spirits broken from the years of military rules and bad governance that we forget GEJ is a servant to the Oba of Benin in democracy. What section of constitution has the King broken if he decided not to see the president? NONE.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by dont8(m): 7:49am On Jul 04, 2012
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Alxmyr(m): 7:50am On Jul 04, 2012
maasoap: What kind of humility can you find in a man who [b]doesn't give a damn about what 160million Nigerians think? [/b]It is about what he wants from the King. Election is near and they need favour from the Oba, you know some kind of influence. What did you think made him go there in the first place? Can he destroy Benin? No! But can only removed the Oba through some kind of politics and manipulation, but his damaged image and declining popularity will become worse.

Man, don't look at issue through your own parochial lense alone. Its not every Nigerian that hates GEJ. More over if you do not consider the restrain by GEJ to turn back at the point he was asked to go inside alone as humility, then I wonder what you will call arrogance.
I have been on an entourage before, and I know how this thing works.
Beside, the Oba should have used the medium to charge the President to deal with security. And if the Oba had so much love for his kingdom, he should have use the opportunity to tell the President to deal with issue of political killing in Edo state.
If he throw that away and the palace came with cock and bull story, and this pathetic picture, then the Oba just goofed.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by dont8(m): 7:51am On Jul 04, 2012
And what is humility about 'once a shoeless man' that doesn't give a damn about declaring his ill-gotten assets and even blaming someone that did.
THIS IS HYPOCRACY AT ITS PEAK.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by sureboykris(m): 7:55am On Jul 04, 2012
That pix aint recent
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Alxmyr(m): 7:57am On Jul 04, 2012
dont8: And what is humility about 'once a shoeless man' that doesn't give a damn about declaring his ill-gotten assets and even blaming someone that did.

His asset is known to everybody. Even on this forum, you can get the detail of the asset.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by lioncoolst(m): 7:59am On Jul 04, 2012
grin Like a patient and obedient dog diligently waiting for a piece of bone.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Kpakam(m): 8:08am On Jul 04, 2012
I Nor Blame The Oba,Itz The Presidency that Made them Look Important,He Shld wait 4 Mr. President Next Time,Shameless King
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Nobody: 8:20am On Jul 04, 2012
Very wrong, The OBA wont dare try this with OBJ when OBJ was president .....Jazz and Jazz go fight tire lipsrsealed
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 04, 2012
Alxmyr:

His asset is known to everybody. Even on this forum, you can get the detail of the asset.

How much are you getting paid to sound this fo*olish?
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by chibsco: 8:47am On Jul 04, 2012
dota: It serves pdp murdrerz ryt,em 4 snub am sef.afta thev tried 2 kil oshomole and evn kild hs boy.wckd people.
when a foolish person talk he words,mouth smell.imagine rubbuish talk is GEJ that attack oshomole?if no be say u be fool.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by 3kay945(m): 8:52am On Jul 04, 2012
hhumility or foolishness ? pls don't interchange it
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by ifihearam: 9:10am On Jul 04, 2012
You need not resort to insult to make a point. It is a sign of weakness.
GEJ is the commander in chief of the Armed Forces and he does not go anywhere without the full paraphenalia of his office.
Days before his arrival into any where to see anyone, security agents would have given him security alert and would have detailed his protocol about his arrival. Everything pertaining sitting arrangement would have been made and other detailed arrangement. For anyone to come here and insinuate that GEJ was not invited to the palace or that the Oba was performng one ritual is baseless. The bottomline, the palace was set for GEJ arrival, but the Oba decided to carrypolitics into palace and refused to accord the President the respect he deserved.
Why was other people with GEJ refused entry into the palace? Its purely politics.
To show how petty the Oba's action was, Oshiomole whom he is staunchly defending, was at the Airport to receive Mr. President.
I remember that an Oba who received a governor into his palace and told the governor who had come to solicit his support for election that he (the governor) should not expect the people in his domain to vote for him because they have a better candidate whom they consider their son.
That is maturity and diplomacy.
I once said somewhere, the Oba has shown over the years that he has issue with self-esteem

May God bless you my guy,I don't just want to say anything becos we have so many unresonable pple here,but all what you just said is the truth and nothing short of it. The oba was well informed about the presidents visit because hours if not days,the secret service must have swept the palace and position where the president would seat etc. Like I said the president is very patient and humble,and the oba on the other hand that people claim has integrity at a time stepped out of his palace to welcome Oshiomole and yet he was too busy to see the president,I pray Goodluck ever visits him again or subsequent presidents.

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by TBD(m): 9:12am On Jul 04, 2012
Please i want to draw the attention of those people that are address Mr. President has a retarden should desist from such act is not gud if it's your father in that position would you call him like that? Becouse he take him self so simple if not who's that oba of benin to kep him waiting, i remove him from that throne.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by esikpogho: 9:15am On Jul 04, 2012
Chinom: If the snub really happened, then the Oba is the real di*ckhead here. This cannot happen in the US or Europe. A vindictive OBJ would deal with this Oba squarely without him knowing where the blow came from. Thank God we have GEJ. He is the MAN here, not the pathetic Oba. That is,if the snub actually happened. Who publicised this picture anyway ?.
thou Oba did not snub Good luck.but can some one tell me what did nigeria law say if president go to some body house to ask for help and he was snub.did that person brake any law?i know that not every home in US can open his door to Obama.his Royal highness oba of benin is well learn,he has two law degree from Cambridge i don't think a well learn traditional ruler like that can delibratly brake any law.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Nobody: 9:30am On Jul 04, 2012
T@BD:
Please i want to draw the attention of those people that are address Mr. President has a retarden should desist from such act is not gud if it's your father in that position would you call him like that? Becouse he take him self so simple if not who's that oba of benin to kep him waiting, i remove him from that throne.
Will your Father eat $30,000 a day meals and leave you starving and gaunt looking?
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by 3kay945(m): 9:32am On Jul 04, 2012
T@BD:
if my dad is in that position and behaves like this your clueless president, I won't raise a finger when people call him names, he is just what people say about him. hissssss

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Alxmyr(m): 9:36am On Jul 04, 2012
3kay945:
if my dad is in that position and behaves like this your clueless president, I won't raise a finger when people call him names, he is just what people say about him. hissssss

That means your dad might have not done his work well as a father.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by 3kay945(m): 9:36am On Jul 04, 2012
You are what people say... Jonathan you are what people say,,,,, 2x.
you are so clueless, so retarded etc.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by 3kay945(m): 9:38am On Jul 04, 2012
Alxmyr:

That means your dad might have not done his work well as a father.
meaning??
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by ifihearam: 9:53am On Jul 04, 2012
Meaning you are a product of your father. Abusing someone who is older than your father and better than him by all standard in life. Smh
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Rastamann: 10:05am On Jul 04, 2012
Of what good has PDP being to Nigeria that anyone who is sane will want to welcome them to his home? This is an era of power FOR the people and not power to the people!
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Htown64(m): 10:10am On Jul 04, 2012
The question you guys should be asking should be...
Did the presidency inform the palace of his visit before time and if yes what was the response of the palace to the presidency. As for me being the president of nigeria does not give you the right to come into my crib unannounced!

1 Like

Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by jaybee(f): 10:16am On Jul 04, 2012

[size=14pt]THIS IS NOT HUMILITY; IT IS WEAKNESS AND DESPERATION. HE WANT TO USE HIS POSITION AS PRESIDENT TO COERCE THE OBA INTO ENDORSING HIS PDP CANDIDATE IN EDO STATE ELECTION.[/size] DON'T PAINT A FALSE PICTURE OF A WEAKLING, PLEASE.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by luqwafar: 10:55am On Jul 04, 2012
Even the world knows is incapable of ruling a complex country like Nigeria,we need a democrat not a mumu like this man GEJ instead of him to find a lasting solution to all problems in this country e.g boko haram,bad roads,jobs e.t.c all what he wants is how to rig election,he will not succeed {amin}.GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by drstone1: 11:14am On Jul 04, 2012

Humility indeed....I dont think the President should be subjecting this office to such ignoble treatment. I almost begin to see others like the Sultan, Emirs, OOni taking a cue from this. Next time, President Goodluck should come himself and book appointment to avoid the humiliation of his humility.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by ifihearam: 11:18am On Jul 04, 2012
What do you mean by coerce? The oba has annionted osho already and the people of edo state has made up their mind or will determine who they want to be their governor. So whether the oba agrees or not it is the people that will decide and not him. But my concern is that the president was there on 2 grounds as a PDP leader and as the number one citizen, the oba shld have respected the latter.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Mallamabdul: 11:24am On Jul 04, 2012
this can not happen any where in the world, I admire GEJs humility for royalty, and people will always humble him.
Re: Photo Of Jonathan Waiting For Oba Of Benin In His Palace. (picture) by Sweetlemon(f): 11:35am On Jul 04, 2012
For those saying that this is humility, what will you call saying him saying on live T.V that he "doesnt give a damn" about declaring assets and that he only did it as vice president cos Yar'Adua did it? Does that sound like something a humble man would say even if he doesn't want to declare his assets??
GEJ waiting to see the monach is plain politics! these days politicians can not do much without the blessings of the ruling monach of that area. hence his waiting to see him. PERIOD!
Nigerians have not yet learned their lesson. still allowing sentiments rule them! What a pity!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Heads To Roll Over Convicted Ngilari, Ex Adamawa Governor’s Release From Prison / "Rescue" Of Kidnapped Forestry Students In Kaduna After Battle (Video) / Fact-Check: No Taliban Flag Was Hoisted In NEMA's Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.