Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States (7893 Views)

First Class Graduates To Serve In Tertiary Institutions -NYSC / Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Corps Members To Volatile States / How Do I Apply For My Nysc From Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by OAM4J: 4:03pm On Jul 03, 2012
The House of Representatives on Tuesday ordered the National Youth Service Corps to stop posting graduates who have been mobilised for the compulsory national service to volatile states in Northern Nigeria.
The lawmakers gave this directive following protests by corps members posted to such states that their lives would be in danger due to the Boko Haram crisis.

The House, however, said that those corps members who wish to serve in such states should be allowed to do so, including their indigenes.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/07/03/reps-stop-nysc-from-posting-graduates-to-volatile-states/

6 Likes

Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by Dondav(m): 4:40pm On Jul 03, 2012
Good!
Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by Suntemi(m): 4:41pm On Jul 03, 2012
ThanK God oooooo.

1 Like

Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by Deprofessional(m): 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2012
One good move by the house of criminals since the start of this regime. I hope they were not bribed to make this statement.

6 Likes

Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by winta2007(m): 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2012
is a welcome development,do they post their children to such states just a question?
Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by unclebros: 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2012
Kudos to the Reps , but they should go further and be more specific by naming the states affected for record purpose and documentation . GBAM!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by vladimiros: 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2012
just send northerners to their states

4 Likes

Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2012
Excellent. No wonder, some married men who are not happy in their marriage don't post their wife's image on facebook.
Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by isquar3d3(m): 4:44pm On Jul 03, 2012
gud. How cn u force pple 2 serve their fatherland wit death literally staring at dem all day. Parents wld b at hme 4 one year without a day's rest hoping and praying nthng happens 2 their children.
Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by Onasa22: 4:44pm On Jul 03, 2012
That's good. We don't want to lose our future leaders to gboko haram who do not value education.
Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by Profidada: 4:46pm On Jul 03, 2012
Sometimes i wonder if these nysc officials are actually nigerians because they behave as if they are not aware of the present security situation in the country. Let me use this medium to warn them that i am in batch c, if they think come november they will post me to the north then they should as well keep their certificate.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by Jabioro: 4:47pm On Jul 03, 2012
Exellent order,l like dis,good move.clapping!!!
Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by skullbaba: 4:47pm On Jul 03, 2012
For the first time in my life, the house of legislooters, hey sorry, legislators make sense. I ought to see an executive order like 'as the president of nigeria, i hereby order nysc officials not to post any student to volatile state' abi wetin u tink jare ?

2 Likes

Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by otokx(m): 4:48pm On Jul 03, 2012
Do they really have the power to do that or is this just a game in rhetoric?

2 Likes

Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by unclebros: 4:49pm On Jul 03, 2012
Sometimes i wonder if these nysc officials are actually nigerians because they behave as if they are not aware of the present security situation in the country. Let me use this medium to warn them that i am in batch c, if they think come november they will post me to the north then they should as well keep their certificate

This is an issue of National Security, NYSC cant act alone, they must have a document to that effect and since our Presido still don't believe that these areas are not danger prone what can NYSC do?
Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by Afam4eva(m): 4:49pm On Jul 03, 2012
This is probably the best decision taken by the reps in 3 years. I think whoever is in charge of NYSC should be taken to the NYSC camp and every corper should take their turns in flogging him 10 strokes of koboko each. How does one even justify such 1diotic and smelly decision to post corpers to war zones. This is utterly ridiculous.

2 Likes

Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by boladez(m): 4:50pm On Jul 03, 2012
...........Again this shows we are at the mercy of a drifting FG, why would the NYSC (FG OFFICIALS) again post these young lives to their death. When even senior people in Government cannot fly by chopper , you then expect these young and promising lives to go and pay the supreme price.

Has anyone been arrested and tried for the coppers killed in the North especially in the last two years. How can a child be trained to the level of a graduate and end up being slautered by some crazy people who do not value life.

What has NYSC done to ensure the safety of these children before posting them out to trouble zones. Eye service will kill all the NYSC guys and I hope their own children will be caught in the midst of blood thirsty militia.

FG should divulge most of its powers to the regions and NYSC should be scrapped. The spirit of NYSC is national integration, not sure if this is still required in this global villiage of today.

3 Likes

Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by Demdem(m): 4:53pm On Jul 03, 2012
The house has given an order but i doubt if NYSC is bound to obey.
The other day when the senate ordered that FRSC should reduce its fees, the fees still remain till date.
besides, if NYSC dont post innocent corpers to those states, how will the officials of NYSC especially from those states have also their own part of the national cake grin grin
Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by asidere(m): 4:57pm On Jul 03, 2012
Thats good news,i hope they suggested that corpers posted to those areas are given adequate protection.after this news, coward corpers don dey rejoice,i wish the strong hearted corpers who have agreed to stay in those volatile areas a successful service year,may God protect you all.let the re-posting begin

1 Like

Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by dayokanu(m): 5:04pm On Jul 03, 2012
One good move by our House of Rep.

Hope President retardeen can do just one sensible thing in his own life too.

What are the affected states?
Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by Onasa22: 5:05pm On Jul 03, 2012
Keneking: Excellent. No wonder, some married men who are not happy in their marriage don't post their wife's image on facebook.

God have mercy! Please which Relationship does this comment have with Reps, stopping NYSC posting of Graduates to the Northern part of the country?

3 Likes

Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by ebamma(m): 5:07pm On Jul 03, 2012
finally the do something worth my acknowledgement
Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by NosaHenry(m): 5:07pm On Jul 03, 2012
Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by brownlord: 5:15pm On Jul 03, 2012
OAM4J:

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/07/03/reps-stop-nysc-from-posting-graduates-to-volatile-states/

For the first time, our legislooters don ever do better thin, abi dollar don still xchange hand before them fit use their sense, please just pass into law, notherners serve where you are while other part do the normal routine simple
Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by chidike(m): 5:17pm On Jul 03, 2012
Demdem: The house has given an order but i doubt if NYSC is bound to obey.
The other day when the senate ordered that FRSC should reduce its fees, the fees still remain till date.
besides, if NYSC dont post innocent corpers to those states, how will the officials of NYSC especially from those states have also their own part of the national cake grin grin
Wat you said is so true! Call up letters have already been given, some peeps have already reported to camp even. i remember wen i got posted to kaduna in february, we all went to the NYSSC HQ in abj, begged, cried...nothing was done! We were told to go and report to camp then apply for redeployment.
Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by tessyade: 5:24pm On Jul 03, 2012
Onasa22:

God have mercy! Please which Relationship does this comment have with Reps, stopping NYSC posting of Graduates to the Northern part of the country?
I was about to write this but on a second thought i felt the comment is meant for another thread but it end up in this thread somehow.
Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by kkool0411: 5:52pm On Jul 03, 2012
Maybe dem relations don dey involve now
Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by lumeneng22: 6:00pm On Jul 03, 2012
Na corruption make these NYSC people no get sense. They want to start collecting money from pøor student, men should fear God. Abi them be boko haram?
Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by vanstanzy(m): 6:01pm On Jul 03, 2012
vladimiros: just send northerners to their states

Guy how many of these northerners are even qualify to serve in the NYSC? very few. Abeg carry those northern corpers to their troubled north grin grin grin, at least their terrorist brother's no go BOMB them, na southerners dem dey wait.
Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by Hydy(m): 6:21pm On Jul 03, 2012
Plsss Nysc, I'm in batch C...if i see ZM,KD,KB,KT,BA,BO,YB,PL or JG, just keep my call up letter don't even send it to Uniport.
Re: Reps Stop NYSC From Posting Graduates To Volatile States by OperaMini1(m): 6:22pm On Jul 03, 2012
Let's not clap at this, as it isn't d first time they'll make a pronouncement and it'll stand. We were all alive when d senate fixed a price 4 Plate no. and DL, still nobody has got them at dt price. There was even no timeline on commencement of d new policy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Official Payment for Corpers Participating in the Elections! / No Northern State Is Safe For Youth Service! / All Southerners should Avoid Kano state & Northern region : My Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.