Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,953 members, 7,817,797 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Imo State And The Hand Of Midas - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State And The Hand Of Midas (8944 Views)

Breaking News: Hand Of God Appears In The Sky In The USA [see Photos] / Ambode Extends Hand Of Partnership To Agbaje, Others / Buhari Extends Hand Of Fellowship To Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by spyder880(m): 5:32am On Jul 16, 2012
prefabricated concrete walls on the ground

Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by spyder880(m): 5:33am On Jul 16, 2012
more walls

Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by spyder880(m): 5:34am On Jul 16, 2012
vehicles bearing these slabs are still offloading

Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by spyder880(m): 5:35am On Jul 16, 2012
more

Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by spyder880(m): 5:36am On Jul 16, 2012
more vehicles

Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by spyder880(m): 5:37am On Jul 16, 2012
and the house is built! just like that.... grin

Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by spyder880(m): 5:38am On Jul 16, 2012
see workers hastily fitting window frames and glasses to the fixed (assembled) walls

Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by spyder880(m): 5:39am On Jul 16, 2012
and they topped the upstairs walls!

Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by spyder880(m): 5:40am On Jul 16, 2012
and a block of classrooms appeared on the plain ground!

Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by spyder880(m): 5:41am On Jul 16, 2012
Haaaa! it has turned into a school!!!

Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by spyder880(m): 5:43am On Jul 16, 2012
and they started to design the windows

Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by spyder880(m): 5:44am On Jul 16, 2012
closer on the windows

Rochas for 2015!!!

Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by spyder880(m): 5:45am On Jul 16, 2012
Rochas for president 2015!!!
Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by Abagworo(m): 6:38am On Jul 16, 2012
asha 80: abagworo when did you start becoming afraid of governments borrowing money?

Saw this late but I must say that borrowing is not bad when properly utilized but it is unwise to borrow beyond ones capability. Rochas is carrying a lot of projects like he is in Rivers or Akwaibom while Imo is not that wealthy that's my fear.
Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by asha80(m): 6:41am On Jul 16, 2012
it is the roche group (an irish firm) that is building those.some houses in uk are built like that but i am not sure how it will fare here
Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by PhysicsQED(m): 6:43am On Jul 16, 2012
spyder880: and the house is built! just like that.... grin

Do you know how they fastened/secured the walls to the ground and to each other?

Just curious.
Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by Abagworo(m): 7:02am On Jul 16, 2012
I've seen Julius Berger construct a house like this in Abuja. They use very large steel screws to fit the walls to the ground and join the walls too. The house was completed in 2 days.
Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by PhysicsQED(m): 7:08am On Jul 16, 2012
Abagworo: I've seen Julius Berger construct a house like this in Abuja. They use very large steel screws to fit the walls to the ground and join the walls too. The house was completed in 2 days.

Thanks.
Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by spyder880(m): 7:29am On Jul 16, 2012
Abagworo:

Saw this late but I must say that borrowing is not bad when properly utilized but it is unwise to borrow beyond ones capability. Rochas is carrying a lot of projects like he is in Rivers or Akwaibom while Imo is not that wealthy that's my fear.

If Imo, an oil state is not wealthy, what about Enugu? If they swap Imo allocation with Enugu, Sullivan will be building free new bungalows for every newly married couple from Enugu grin
Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by Abagworo(m): 8:44am On Jul 16, 2012
spyder880:

If Imo, an oil state is not wealthy, what about Enugu? If they swap Imo allocation with Enugu, Sullivan will be building free new bungalows for every newly married couple from Enugu grin

Sullivan started with only Enugu urban but Rochas is everywhere and even giving free education and other things outside road and water. Its kind of risky you know. We might end up having mostly unfinished and abandoned projects while the money could have been used to finish few.
Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by ektbear: 8:45am On Jul 16, 2012
Mbaise

The people demand it
Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by NigeriaKwenu(m): 8:58am On Jul 16, 2012
Abagworo:

Sullivan started with only Enugu urban but Rochas is everywhere and even giving free education and other things outside road and water. Its kind of risky you know. We might end up having mostly unfinished and abandoned projects while the money could have been used to finish few.
You're right. I think we have to change the orientation of our people on how to determine a working governor. The reason why many people think Peter Obi is not working is because he has focused his projects in rural areas as opposed to Sullivan Chime of Enugu who located most of his projects in Enugu town. I think we have to spread development to the interior as much as possible.

Afam4eva(Mods biko unban me)
Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by asha80(m): 9:21am On Jul 16, 2012
NigeriaKwenu:
You're right. I think we have to change the orientation of our people on how to determine a working governor. The reason why many people think Peter Obi is not working is because he has focused his projects in rural areas as opposed to Sullivan Chime of Enugu who located most of his projects in Enugu town. I think we have to spread development to the interior as much as possible.

that is why i opened that thread on why people judge a state by the capital city alone
Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by spyder880(m): 9:25am On Jul 16, 2012
NigeriaKwenu:

You guys are right to an extent. Not holding brief for Sullivan but there are some works going on in the interiors. We got a new electrification project commissioned in Nkanu east towns, the Ozalla-Udi road, the Oji River-Mpu road, the Nike-Ugwuogo-Neke-Mbu-Ikem-Obollo-Opi-and Eha-Amufu roads and other projects are ongoing. All high quality deliveries.
Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by NigeriaKwenu(m): 9:27am On Jul 16, 2012
asha 80: that is why i opened that thread on why people judge a state by the capital city alone
Yes, you're right. At times you can't blame this governors for concentrating only on the state capitals because that's what majority of the citizens use to judge the performance of a governor. That's why the governors of every mushroom state wants to build international airports so that it will be very obvious that they've done something. Instead of them to focus on the general well being of the citizens.
Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by NigeriaKwenu(m): 9:30am On Jul 16, 2012
spyder880:

You guys are right to an extent. Not holding brief for Sullivan but there are some works going on in the interiors. We got a new electrification project commissioned in Nkanu east towns, the Ozalla-Udi road, the Oji River-Mpu road, the Nike-Ugwuogo-Neke-Mbu-Ikem-Obollo-Opi-and Eha-Amufu roads and other projects are ongoing. All high quality deliveries.
Sullivan Chime has not done badly in the spread of projects to other parts of the state. It's just that most of his noticeable projects have been in Enugu town. Peter has done the oppsite by focusing on the rual areas thereby relatively neglecting Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi. I think governors should get there priorities right and focus on where the state is strong. That's why i think Anambra should start doing what the Enugu governor is doing while the enugu government should start doing what Peter Obi is doing.

Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by Abagworo(m): 9:31am On Jul 16, 2012
spyder880:

The difference is that he has already completed urban before facing rural and not taking up everything at the same time with the limited resources.
Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by Dainfamous: 11:10am On Jul 16, 2012
NigeriaKwenu:
Yes, you're right. At times you can't blame this governors for concentrating only on the state capitals because that's what majority of the citizens use to judge the performance of a governor. That's why the governors of every mushroom state wants to build international airports so that it will be very obvious that they've done something. Instead of them to focus on the general well being of the citizens.
GBAM that s why is have some regards for okwute ndi igbo (peter obi) but menn syder880 those building construction is amazing................. rochas is the man...
Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by spyder880(m): 11:16am On Jul 16, 2012
Da infamous: GBAM that s why is have some regards for okwute ndi igbo (peter obi)

He should first complete the Nkpor-Iweka road.( Anya kwesiri ibu uzo rie tupu onu erie). The eyes are supposed to appreciate before the mouth should eat. I dont like that administration just because of that road alone!
Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by nexeee: 11:24am On Jul 16, 2012
spyder880:

He should first complete the Nkpor-Iweka road.( Anya kwesiri ibu uzo rie tupu onu erie). The eyes are supposed to appreciate before the mouth should eat. I dont like that administration just because of that road alone!

Chukwu gozie gi.....the road from bridge head down to unizik permanent site awka is an eyesore...i do no know why peter obi does not want to emulate the delta state guy that tarred his portion of the road down to headbridge....it beats me.
Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by spyder880(m): 11:47am On Jul 16, 2012
No matter how palatable what Peter Obi is serving the citizens of Anambra is, it is dwarfed into insignificance when you pass through Nkpor-Iweka road. We dont need to get in to look at how beautiful the state is, how do you even get in when you are stuck in traffic or swimming in mud water along the attrociously horrible road!

Somebody should open a thread for Anambra, the state deserves better.
Re: Imo State And The Hand Of Midas by Dainfamous: 12:35pm On Jul 16, 2012
spyder880: No matter how palatable what Peter Obi is serving the citizens of Anambra is, it is dwarfed into insignificance when you pass through Nkpor-Iweka road. We dont need to get in to look at how beautiful the state is, how do you even get in when you are stuck in traffic or swimming in mud water along the attrociously horrible road!

Somebody should open a thread for Anambra, the state deserves better.
but those iweka nkpor roads are federal roads but peter obi needs to act fast................

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria May Stop Borrowing To Fund Budget — Adeosun / Why Is Abia God's Own State? / Us Army Prepares For Nigeria’s Possible Break-up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.