Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,872 members, 7,848,541 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 05:26 AM

Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister (11416 Views)

Anambra Has Never At Any Point Been The Economic Power Of The East-stats / Osun Emerges With Lowest Unemployment Rate In Nigeria – NBS / Anambra Has 5 Out Of 20 Of The Nominees For Nigeria's Living Legends - How Come? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by manny4life(m): 1:20pm On Jul 04, 2012
honeric01:

I love reality while you live in fantasy word..

i broke down how much people make from hawking, you are here wasting time deceiving yourself.. how much do you want to save from 1k? tell me how to spend 1k profit in a day so as to be able to save enough to set up your own supplying unit.

If you're looking @ profit wise, then let's not leave out corporations that run in deficits, YEAR IN YEAR OUT. How do you expect them to expand or even pay their employees who work for them?
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by Biafrarep(m): 1:30pm On Jul 04, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

Thank you.....I have posted in reference to that post he made....I will not mention it for the sake of Igbo unity but Omanbala boys dont hawk,rather they will push truck! We know the ones who hawk if you get wat am saying.
do u mean our brodas from north east of Biafra?
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by ikekings(m): 1:31pm On Jul 04, 2012
Yea dats true i stay at onitsha even small boys dey hustle for money one way or the other..... Anambra for life....
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by honeric01(m): 1:34pm On Jul 04, 2012
manny4life:

No, we rate workers based on their activity into the economy NOT based on what their take home is. So whether is gala seller, mom and pop business, hawkers on the street, people who sell from table, hotdog carts, etc. These people are involved in an economic activity (TRADE) which is self employment.

Most wait because it's either they are lazy to engage themselves, some failed to plan, some just choose the choice of waiting till their older. That they wait is no determinant of the status quo, but rather a secondary social issue.

Sure, being self employed while slaving away for the real owner of the products you sell is stupidity, innit? making 1k daily from selling in traffic. and you do everything from the 1k.

I don't think it's because they are lazy to engage themselves in planning.. how can you plan marriage with 1k daily when you're to feed and do all things from these?
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by Yeske2(m): 1:35pm On Jul 04, 2012
honeric01:

LOL 2,000 naira a day from gala? that's 200 piece, now tell me where do they make 200 sales per day? only Lagos can boast of 100 sales of gala in traffic on an average day. some days with no hold on, you won't even sell up to 20. you better wake up and stop pulling out stats from the thin air.
Ever been to Onitsha before?
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by warrior01: 1:35pm On Jul 04, 2012
honeric01:

I love reality while you live in fantasy word..

i broke down how much people make from hawking, you are here wasting time deceiving yourself.. how much do you want to save from 1k? tell me how to spend 1k profit in a day so as to be able to save enough to set up your own supplying unit.
Ur case is pathetic. Take a look at an average igbo man that started with nothing but sheer determination and tell me where he is today
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by honeric01(m): 1:38pm On Jul 04, 2012
manny4life:

If you're looking @ profit wise, then let's not leave out corporations that run in deficits, YEAR IN YEAR OUT. How do you expect them to expand or even pay their employees who work for them?

They get loans from banks
From selling their shares

You can't compare them at all.
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by honeric01(m): 1:49pm On Jul 04, 2012
warrior01:
Ur case is pathetic. Take a look at an average igbo man that started with nothing but sheer determination and tell me where he is today

No one is doubting that, not just an igbo thing, its a common knowledge so spare me the story.
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by honeric01(m): 1:50pm On Jul 04, 2012
Yeske!:
Ever been to Onitsha before?

Nope, advise me.. which single market in Onitsha is busier than Alaba. (for educational purpose)
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by Yeske2(m): 1:52pm On Jul 04, 2012
^^
Seeing they say is believing, so come visit and forget your Gala theories.
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by warrior01: 1:56pm On Jul 04, 2012
honeric01:

Nope, advise me.. which single market in Onitsha is busier than Alaba. (for educational purpose)

tis so tempting to give up on ur case but i will not. Bro, travel and see
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by Dainfamous: 1:59pm On Jul 04, 2012
honeric01:

it seems that u dont no the reason why main market is the biggest in west africa,did u miss something?3 million people visit main market on daily basis,from neigbouring countries and other parts of nigeria troop to that market everyday..

1 Like

Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by manny4life(m): 2:05pm On Jul 04, 2012
honeric01:

Sure, being self employed while slaving away for the real owner of the products you sell is stupidity, innit? making 1k daily from selling in traffic. and you do everything from the 1k.

I don't think it's because they are lazy to engage themselves in planning.. how can you plan marriage with 1k daily when you're to feed and do all things from these?

No, it's not, it means working on the job. Who says that you have to do everything from 1k? Is this your assumption or is this based on experience?
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by manny4life(m): 2:07pm On Jul 04, 2012
honeric01:

They get loans from banks
From selling their shares

You can't compare them at all.

They get loans from banks? In your wisdom, banks will bail you out when you're running deficit right? So I guess that Gala sellers cannot get mini loans from lender to expand right?
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by Yeske2(m): 2:16pm On Jul 04, 2012
Da infamous: it seems that u dont no the reason why main market is the biggest in west africa,did u miss something?3 million people visit main market on daily basis,from neigbouring countries and other parts of nigeria troop to that market everyday..
He missed the memo no doubt, you actually forgot to remind him of Electro-mart(one of largest if not the largest electronics market in West Africa, Relief mkt, Oba electrical mkt, Building material mkt at Ogbunike, Drug mkt(Ogbo ogwu, largest drug market in West Africa) etc. Not forgetting that Onitsha is a transportation hub/terminal.
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by warrior01: 2:24pm On Jul 04, 2012
Yeske!:
He missed the memo no doubt, you actually forgot to remind him of Electro-mart(one of largest if not the largest electronics market in West Africa, Relief mkt, Oba electrical mkt, Building material mkt at Ogbinike, Drug mkt(Ogbo ogwu, largest drug market in West Africa) etc. Not forgetting that Onitsha is a transportation hub/terminal.

you dey mind that clown. Still can't fathom out why some believe that everything starts and ends in lagos. Anyway, he is a typical local champion

3 Likes

Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by hugooh42(m): 2:50pm On Jul 04, 2012
emember we are talking about Anambra here not Lagos. so tell me, you mean Anambra market is that lively? how many traffic can you count on in Anambra?

What i know is that every Igbo man is industrious, they rather earn 500 per day than earn nothing, but DO NOT EQUATE THAT TO EMPLOYMENT because that is NOT EMPLOYMENT.

Just listen to yourself.Do u think the gala seller will remain a gala seller for ever?
I know a guy who used to live on the same street with me back in those days.He's from a poor family and on completion of his secondary education he started selling fried cashew nuts in traffic.He will buy raw cashew nut fry them and sell.With time his younger ones joined him,he then introduced distinct flavour to his own nuts when competition was getting stiffer and with time his product was selling like hot cakes in supermarkets around Onitsha and beyond.He used to travel to Benue state and Kogi to buy his raw cashew nuts at a cheaper price.At a point he couldn't meetup with demands especially from people in Aba,Portharcourt even from the north.To cut the story short, the guy employed about 20 workers including graduates who worked in his factory.By the time i left Nigeria the guy had become a multi millionaire with 2 Suv's and a duplex he built at Asaba.On my last visit to Naija i bumped into him and i couldn't but marvel when i learnt from him he has branched into Oil business and has left the cashew nut business to his siblings.I got to know the guy owns about4 filling stations at this moment and he is not done yet.

1 Like

Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jul 04, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli: We view ppl who hawk galas in Anambra as LOSERS,hence you wont even see an Omanbala hawking talk more of gala! Get ur facts right...I repeat you see one million Omanbalas before you see a hawking one and he wont let anybody to know he hawks because its a shame to our ppl!

It appears you are too fool of yourself. Take that your "superioty complex" somewhere else abeg.
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by maigaskiya1: 3:12pm On Jul 04, 2012
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 04, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Shaattap, ala roro like you, You have never heard of " give an Anambra man a kiosk and in one year he will give you back a super market, I am not from anambra but I gbadu their style cool

That's becos, he is determined to make a lot of profit; as a result, he will overprice his goods, sell substandard goods at the price of the originals and swindle unnoticing innocent customers. Hmmmmmm
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by ayo011: 3:22pm On Jul 04, 2012
Anambra is one SE state that I love with passion. It can only be compared to Lagos and Rivers economically in the entire Nigeria.

"National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) shows that Anambra State has an unemployment rate of between 10 per cent and 11 per cent which is about that of the United States of America and less than Greece which is about 25 per cent."

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/el-rufai-was-wrong-on-anambra-says-fg/119220/
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by SpiritofOkija(m): 3:30pm On Jul 04, 2012
speedyboi:

That's becos, he is determined to make a lot of profit; as a result, he will overprice his goods, sell substandard goods at the price of the originals and swindle unnoticing innocent customers. Hmmmmmm

You must be a factory-fitted nincompoop!!
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by honeric01(m): 3:40pm On Jul 04, 2012
manny4life:

They get loans from banks? In your wisdom, banks will bail you out when you're running deficit right? So I guess that Gala sellers cannot get mini loans from lender to expand right?

Why not? as long as the corporations have assets for collateral, don't feign ignorance bro, you know this yourself but the gala hawkers can't get this privilege.
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by honeric01(m): 3:41pm On Jul 04, 2012
hugooh42:

Just listen to yourself.Do u think the gala seller will remain a gala seller for ever?
I know a guy who used to live on the same street with me back in those days.He's from a poor family and on completion of his secondary education he started selling fried cashew nuts in traffic.He will buy raw cashew nut fry them and sell.With time his younger ones joined him,he then introduced distinct flavour to his own nuts when competition was getting stiffer and with time his product was selling like hot cakes in supermarkets around Onitsha and beyond.He used to travel to Benue state and Kogi to buy his raw cashew nuts at a cheaper price.At a point he couldn't meetup with demands especially from people in Aba,Portharcourt even from the north.To cut the story short, the guy employed about 20 workers including graduates who worked in his factory.By the time i left Nigeria the guy had become a multi millionaire with 2 Suv's and a duplex he built at Asaba.On my last visit to Naija i bumped into him and i couldn't but marvel when i learnt from him he has branched into Oil business and has left the cashew nut business to his siblings.I got to know the guy owns about4 filling stations at this moment and he is not done yet.

You guys are being sentimental, where did i say a gala seller is going to remain one? i said selling gala does not mean you are GAINFULLY employed, can't you guys spot the difference or just too blind?
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by honeric01(m): 3:42pm On Jul 04, 2012
manny4life:

No, it's not, it means working on the job. Who says that you have to do everything from 1k? Is this your assumption or is this based on experience?

Oh you mean the gala seller fast while hawking? they don't eat, relax, shelter, cloth or move?
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by honeric01(m): 3:43pm On Jul 04, 2012
Da infamous: it seems that u dont no the reason why main market is the biggest in west africa,did u miss something?3 million people visit main market on daily basis,from neigbouring countries and other parts of nigeria troop to that market everyday..

That's why i said advise me, now can you show me with source and stats stating that 3 million people visit main market? anything to prove that?
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by honeric01(m): 3:44pm On Jul 04, 2012
warrior01:
tis so tempting to give up on ur case but i will not. Bro, travel and see

I have to travel to see this? no picture, no article? no magazine, souvenirs or anything to prove this? help a brother out.
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by honeric01(m): 3:48pm On Jul 04, 2012
Yeske!:
^^
Seeing they say is believing, so come visit and forget your Gala theories.

Common, i don't have to visit to know, just prove it.. do i have to visit heatrow to know it's the busiest in the UK?
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by SpiritofOkija(m): 3:50pm On Jul 04, 2012
honeric01:

Why not? as long as the corporations have assets for collateral, don't feign ignorance bro, you know this yourself but the gala hawkers can't get this privilege.

However, thankfully through Village commitees, associations and other such groups, many petty traders have been able to take out loans and expand their businesses.. Infact, most of them get these loans without necessarily a collateral.. All they need is a reputable family memeber to vouch for them and a pay back plan.. Monies are normally given to those who must have understudied an established business man (What we call Gbalu ya Nwaboy)..

1 Like

Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by manny4life(m): 4:01pm On Jul 04, 2012
honeric01:

Know what myself? You're the one hiding yourself from the truth. How many corporations have you seen with bad debts on the book with mighty assets that goes with it? Do you know the equation about Asset and Liabilities and their relationship? Please, STOP being funny. When Corps have so much debts, and balance sheet is pretty much red than green, your outstanding assets are pretty much useless and results to devaluation.

Petty traders have financial access to funds through different channels. So in your mind, someone who hawks gala doesn't have some form of financial assets right to get o ut N10000, 20,000, or even N50,000. Stay true to yourself and you will see the light.

Whether Gala or hot dog stand, it doesn't negate the fact that these folks are "SELF EMPLOYED"...CASE CLOSED.

honeric01:

Oh you mean the gala seller fast while hawking? they don't eat, relax, shelter, cloth or move?

Dude, like seriously QUIT IT. Your average Nigerian worker who earns 18,000 monthly YET jumps the bus to work, get insulted by his boss, not even sure he/she will receive the N18,000 at the end of month, does it mean they aren't working? How many people earning 30,000 monthly comfortably do all of these you listed? Does it mean they aren't working?

Your problem is you're facing the social issues leave the "secondary aspect" , FOCUS on the the primary economic aspect. They are working just like your average Nigerian slave (forgive me for I used this word) who literally works and get no pay. Everyone work under different circumstance but the results are the same (INCOME).
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by cjfavour(m): 4:09pm On Jul 04, 2012
So u ppl believe this minister? Where and how did he get his stats? Is this nt a praise singing bcs PO is one of their own? I'm happy dt he didnt say dt its d govt dt employs them.We anambrarians are hustlers and snt wait for d govt mostly Peter Obi who have nt employed a single graduate since he bcame d gov of d state. The way i see it,its nt a plus to PO bt to we d citizens.
Re: Anambra Has Lowest Rate Of Unemployment – Minister by manny4life(m): 4:10pm On Jul 04, 2012
honeric01:

You guys are being sentimental, where did i say a gala seller is going to remain one? i said selling gala does not mean you are GAINFULLY employed, can't you guys spot the difference or just too blind?

So oga, in you infinite wisdom, PLEASE DEFINE WHAT GAINFULLY EMPLOYED MEANS in economic terms? Please, I am waiting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jonathan Has Assaulted The Sensibilities Of Muslims By Visiting Jerusalem-gumi / Nigeria, Morocco Seal Deal On Gas Pipeline Project / Army Accuses PREMIUM TIMES Of Supporting Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.