Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,687 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) (21109 Views)

Pastor Lesego Daniel Commands Gay Spirit To Enter Member (photos) / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today / An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by Odeyaletoyin: 6:16am On Jul 04, 2012
RICHIE BOI: This is what Boko Haram have turned Abuja churches to.

The fear of Boko-Haram is the beginning of wisdom!!! grin grin
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by pendo89(f): 6:30am On Jul 04, 2012
Many Kenyan churches do this in Kenya after this elshabaabs started throwing grenades at worshippers
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by pek(m): 6:39am On Jul 04, 2012
sexysunnyb: are you sure they are Queuing for Church or Club ? cos i cant see Bible what i see here is sexy girls going to Club Na wa ooo for Churches of Now a days
the crowd definitly looks churchish. The absence of Bible shows it is a catholic church!
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by Ricmayak1: 6:43am On Jul 04, 2012
just watch, dat first guy on d qeue go follow dat girl for him front sitdown for dsame sit. If usher separate dem, him no go obey laye laye!
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by texazzpete(m): 6:50am On Jul 04, 2012
pek: the crowd definitly looks churchish. The absence of Bible shows it is a catholic church!

More like the absence of skimpy clothing and trousers on women shows it's a catholic church grin
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by worldman(m): 6:51am On Jul 04, 2012
If i m to be a christain and reside in the north i will better stop going to church because God understand with the situation is in nigeria
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 04, 2012
The woman iwith the yellow purse is in jeans
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by honeric01(m): 7:20am On Jul 04, 2012
akagaba: headtie my foot, then why did God give them hair? Wil tieing of headtie lead them 2heaven? Or wil it indicate that sin has been tied away in their lives? Religious fanatism. Go and read john 7 vs 24.

Which hair? the wig or the weave on? which one exactly?

1 Like

Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by ayobase(m): 7:31am On Jul 04, 2012
dasparrow:

Indeed!

But wait a minute, so women no longer tie scarf or head-tie to church in Nigeria? Mehn, things have really changed in that country. Anyway, interesting pic.

U can open another thread for that!
This is all about ''Queue'' not ''Scarf''!
OP....precautions need to be considered...nobody is too be trusted when it comes to eyes-popping money!
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by ayobase(m): 7:40am On Jul 04, 2012
sexysunnyb: are you sure they are Queuing for Church or Club ? cos i cant see Bible what i see here is sexy girls going to Club Na wa ooo for Churches of Now a days

So clubbing na for day time in ur domain abi?
Not seeing Bibles meant.......?
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by MumaBee: 7:44am On Jul 04, 2012
dasparrow:

Indeed!

But wait a minute, so women no longer tie scarf or head-tie to church in Nigeria? Mehn, things have really changed in that country. Anyway, interesting pic.

Na 2day? E don tey wey pple no dey tie scarf go church
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by akagaba(f): 7:46am On Jul 04, 2012
Infomizer: I sincerely don't know who is dumber. Is it the suicide bombers? Or those that still risk their lives chasing a God that can be sought in the comfort of their homes? Well, Pastor must chop sha..smh
u ar a satanic agent and if u dnt repent nw, ul fry in hell. Havent u read in d bible abt d sabbath day? Why do muslims go 2mosque? If u thnk boko haram and their deadly act wil stop worshipers frm goin 2church, then u must b thnkin thru ur anus cus neva wil it happen. Do u undastand the meanin of "fellowishp" sure u dnt and its a pity 4u. I wud rather die in church while servin God than stay at home in my hous on sunday. Get ths in2 ur empty skull.
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by honeric01(m): 7:47am On Jul 04, 2012
Muma Bee:

Na 2day? E don tey wey pple no dey tie scarf go church

Head tie is now Brazilian hair, synthetic hair, cow hair, wigs, weave-on, even sponge self they wear.
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by honeric01(m): 7:51am On Jul 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
The woman iwith the yellow purse is in jeans

Women wear jeans to church now, infact anything can be worn to church nowadays.. they will tell you "God looks inward (the heart) and not outward (your dressing)
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 04, 2012
honeric01:

Women wear jeans to church now, infact anything can be worn to church nowadays.. they will tell you "God looks inward (the heart) and not outward (your dressing)

Mo moh. Nkan ti texazzpete ko ni mo n try lati correct.
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by Fourcade(m): 8:05am On Jul 04, 2012
ladies going to church with their travelling bags..smh

Brownhacks: this is absolute nonsense so hw may hours is the service,we cant contiue like this something has to be done,somebody needs to do something to stop this,an impeacheament whatsoever
na now you wake up from sleep? undecided
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 04, 2012
Smallville4live:

God will help us oh. No more covering of hair man.
Go read your bible my friend and stop sticking to religious lies. angry
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by OniJohn: 8:12am On Jul 04, 2012
akagaba: headtie my foot, then why did God give them hair? Wil tieing of headtie lead them 2heaven? Or wil it indicate that sin has been tied away in their lives? Religious fanatism. Go and read john 7 vs 24.
what do u mean by religious fanatism, dats what we are saying, pls try nd understand d scriptures b4 u start quoting, if they were really going to Church then the headtie is very necessary, the Bible itself points to it, bro check the letter of St. Paul.(1 Corinth 11:5-10), its just a pity that most of us are already blinded by this day penticostalism and rascalism, in clear words ladies ought to cover there heads b4 going to Church, get dat right.
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by honeric01(m): 8:12am On Jul 04, 2012
blink182: Go read your bible my friend and stop sticking to religious lies. angry

Where should he read?
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by honeric01(m): 8:12am On Jul 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

O sumi o
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by Jerros213(m): 8:22am On Jul 04, 2012

Mr Akagba,have you ever studied 1Corinthians 11:6 ?
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 04, 2012
Why do people still go to church there? undecided
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 04, 2012
honeric01:

Where should he read?

1 Corinthians 11:1-34

Head Coverings

2 Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you. 3 But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. 4 Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head, 5 but every wife who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head were shaven. 6 For if a wife will not cover her head, then she should cut her hair short. But since it is disgraceful for a wife to cut off her hair or shave her head, let her cover her head. 7 For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man. 8 For man was not made from woman, but woman from man. 9 Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. 10 That is why a wife ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels. 11 Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man nor man of woman; 12 for as woman was made from man, so man is now born of woman. And all things are from God. 13 Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a wife to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Does not nature itself teach you that if a man wears long hair it is a disgrace for him, 15 but if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? [size12pt]For her hair is given to her for a covering[/size] . 16 If anyone is inclined to be contentious, we have no such practice, nor do the churches of God.

1 Corinthians 11:15 (English Standard Version)

15 but if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her for a covering.

Here lies the misconception...

1 Corinthians 11:5
English Standard Version (ESV)
5 but every wife[a] who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head were shaven.

Footnotes:
1 Corinthians 11:5 In verses 5–13, the Greek word gunē is translated wife in verses that deal with wearing a veil, a sign of being married in first-century culture

One thing we should know is that Jesus came to correct the law and put into effect what really matters by the guidance of the Holy Spirit.
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by FXKing2012(m): 8:29am On Jul 04, 2012
This is very good, this shows how faithful Nigerians are. This shows how much we want to serve the Almighty God despite threats to our lives. God bless those pple.
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by kenan619: 8:29am On Jul 04, 2012
It is very true,and this queue is for Commonwealth of
Zion Assembly (COZA),seen the queue myself,infact after this queue and search they'll all enter a bus to the church gate.
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by cyril83(m): 8:29am On Jul 04, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

so there's no how you cud say corect and try in yoruba or is there nothing like corect or try in yoruba dictionary...ode! You are nothing buh a cunk tribalist,ileke idi u shud have named ursef ileke obo
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by honeric01(m): 8:37am On Jul 04, 2012
blink182:

1 Corinthians 11:1-34

Head Coverings

2 Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you. 3 But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, the head of a wife is her husband, and the head of Christ is God. 4 Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head, 5 but every wife who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head were shaven. 6 For if a wife will not cover her head, then she should cut her hair short. But since it is disgraceful for a wife to cut off her hair or shave her head, let her cover her head. 7 For a man ought not to cover his head, since he is the image and glory of God, but woman is the glory of man. 8 For man was not made from woman, but woman from man. 9 Neither was man created for woman, but woman for man. 10 That is why a wife ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels. 11 Nevertheless, in the Lord woman is not independent of man nor man of woman; 12 for as woman was made from man, so man is now born of woman. And all things are from God. 13 Judge for yourselves: is it proper for a wife to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Does not nature itself teach you that if a man wears long hair it is a disgrace for him, 15 but if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? [size12pt]For her hair is given to her for a covering[/size] . 16 If anyone is inclined to be contentious, we have no such practice, nor do the churches of God.

1 Corinthians 11:15 (English Standard Version)

15 but if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her for a covering.

Here lies the misconception...

1 Corinthians 11:5
English Standard Version (ESV)
5 but every wife[a] who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head were shaven.

Footnotes:
1 Corinthians 11:5 In verses 5–13, the Greek word gunē is translated wife in verses that deal with wearing a veil, a sign of being married in first-century culture

One thing we should know is that Jesus came to correct the law and put into effect what really matters by the guidance of the Holy Spirit.

LOL very funny, did you read the verse 5 very well?

Jesus came to correct the law you say, the law of women not to cover their hair because if this is preached in the church, many won't come but Jesus didn't come to correct the law of having to pay tithe if you want God to increase your pocket like a money doubler?

Now how many Nigerian women actually have long hair? i mean how many of them grow their natural hair long?

Most of our women are too lazy to grow their hair so most of them have short hair, since they don't want to cover it, then they should shave it off just like the bible said.

If you can't cover your short hair, shave it off.
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by TheMatrix3: 8:50am On Jul 04, 2012
cyril83: so there's no how you cud say corect and try in yoruba or is there nothing like corect or try in yoruba dictionary...ode! You are nothing buh a cunk tribalist,ileke idi u shud have named ursef ileke obo

grin grin grin grin grin hehehehehe.. seee as laff don make me slap mopol grin ileke obo
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by Nobody: 8:54am On Jul 04, 2012
What is the man looking for?
Cd, tanpol, hand cuff or what?
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by monex(m): 9:15am On Jul 04, 2012
Kay-Dee:
[size=14pt]
looks more to me like screening for an aptitude test. undecided undecided
[/size]

look d pishure wwll. wetin small pikin dey find for aptitude test
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by greall1: 9:36am On Jul 04, 2012
Trust No body na waaa ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Christians Queuing To Enter A Church In Abuja (Picture) by akagaba(f): 9:44am On Jul 04, 2012
Oni John:
what do u mean by religious fanatism, dats what we are saying, pls try nd understand d scriptures b4 u start quoting, if they were really going to Church then the headtie is very necessary, the Bible itself points to it, bro check the letter of St. Paul.(1 Corinth 11:5-10), its just a pity that most of us are already blinded by this day penticostalism and rascalism, in clear words ladies ought to cover there heads b4 going to Church, get dat right.
Oni john, truly ther is nothng rite abt ths and until u ar able 2prov it otherwis, then il see ur points as reasonable. U dushed answerin my questions- Does tieing headtie lead one 2heaven? Wat is its significance 2d body of christ? Wat does it contribute 2d human spirit? Does it make d woman pure and holy? How can u reconcil b/w a lady who ties headtie 2church and yet is evil, wicked, envies, lies, steals and even kills, wen Christ come, wil he say" o woman, becus u used 2tie headtie 2church, enter heaven and lets 4get abt ur evil deeds? Do u see wher i said u r "religious fanatics? Why is it that wen people die, their bodies remain on earth while d spirit leaves if wat people wear or tie realy matters 2GOD. I laugh. My dear, life is mor spiritual than wat u see in d physical and it wil only take d holy spirit 2gve u an indepth insight 2wat lifé is. U ar dat type an adage calls "outside cleaner and inside dirty" u want 2b clean in d outside and dirty in d outsid. my dear, pay attention 2d real U whch is ur inner man (ur spirit) feed urslf wit d rite kind of food by studyin d word wit undastandin and prayin fervently. D bibl says' God is a spirit and ther that worship him must worship hm in spirit and in truth" so judgng spiritual thngs frm d physical is absolutely absurd and ridiculous. If u must criticize on ths matter, then u must ist start wit Jesus on why He used 2wear garment/gown in hs days wen gown is 4d ladies. If u insist dat a man must not cover his head, then criticise popes and bishop who wear smal hats 2church (why is their head covered?) so u see wat i mean, u ar jst a religious slave, so empty and blind 2wards spiritual thngs. So funny dat whle u ar sitin ther hammerin people going 2church wtout headties, thes same fellow ar busy going forward in life, makin tremendous progres and enjoyin their relationship wit God. I am a no 1example, a lady wit mind blowin testimonies. Meanwhl, pls im a 'she', not he. Get al thes things in2 ur thick skulls@ oni John and cohorts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Interrogates Biodun Fatoyinbo Over Rape Allegation By Busola Dakolo / Science Disproves Evolution / The Problem With Dreams, Visions And Clairvoyance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.