Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,549 members, 7,827,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience (11920 Views)

Buhari Overtakes Jonathan In Benue, Gets 250,000 Votes - PUNCH / Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 / Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by lacasa: 5:49pm On Jul 04, 2012
jmaine:

The man is a multi billionaire and you are . . . .am sure you one of those very loud multi "Kobonaire" tongue

With all the billions he has, let him pay 4 some english lessons cool

#wat a kissass
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by ebamma(m): 5:50pm On Jul 04, 2012
farouk lawan whatever subsidy money u chop on our blindness will come out in light with our eye were see ness.
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by ebamma(m): 5:56pm On Jul 04, 2012
otedola whatever scam u been do become billionaire on our blindness, shall come to light in our shine your eyesness.
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by otokx(m): 6:05pm On Jul 04, 2012
Saw it for myself on TV; very embarrassing and shameful.
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Eziachi: 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2012
Ijebulogic: Femi is a Yoruba man and i'm sure he can communicate eloquently in his mother tongue. Can Berlusconi the Italian Billionaire speak good English? Colonial Mentality...Next Topic please.
If Berlusconi was thought in English from infancy, conduct business officially in English, as Otedola was, then comparing the two may make sense.
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Eziachi: 6:22pm On Jul 04, 2012
horny4u: We concern ourselves with another man language when our own native language tells us that bread is being used to suck away our stew....

Black man WAKE UP !!! NOW!
All the subjects you were thought in school, how many were done in your native language?
Germans for instance attached more importance to English language as does their own lingo, because they knew the importance of it as the language of business and you think they are fools or are they too suffering inferiority complex?
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by dammytosh: 6:41pm On Jul 04, 2012
[size=50pt]SO ?[/size] undecided
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Azumy(f): 6:47pm On Jul 04, 2012
dvdon: Pls guys dat is poetry its a prolific term dat justifies the hypothermic inuendum for d conglomaritic and subsequential craddle of our hyperunscrupulus legislatorss. English. Whew!:-s grin
haha aseju baba ase teeeeeeeeeee ! Na cambridge u wan write ne?
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Azumy(f): 6:49pm On Jul 04, 2012
ebamma: otedola whatever scam u been do become billionaire on our blindness, shall come to light in our shine your eyesness.
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Azumy(f): 6:49pm On Jul 04, 2012
ebamma: otedola whatever scam u been do become billionaire on our blindness, shall come to light in our shine your eyesness.
hahaha otenaira!
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by FSU: 7:08pm On Jul 04, 2012
Video of Otedola overtaking Dame Patience in grammatical blunder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxGkYBUCzx0&feature=player_detailpage
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by folem: 7:22pm On Jul 04, 2012
A mistake no doubt from Otedola.

He was trying to translate a Yoruba proverb to English but got tongue twisted.

"Nothing done in darkness ...
Anything done in darkness will always come out in lightness"

Grammar no be success ala Shina Peters.

But can Yinka Odumakin claim he does not write with grammatical errors too?
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Ngwakwe: 7:43pm On Jul 04, 2012
I thought grammar or any language is only a medium of communication and nothing more. If you understood what he intended to pass across, case is closed.

Innovative and intelligent brains don't care about minor grammatical blunder as it doesn't add to your Intelligent Quotient.

Children with no achievement have infested Nairaland.
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Big2bore(m): 8:05pm On Jul 04, 2012
why ar you guys like this, why do you make funny complains, I am pretty sure, all of you complain ar not 100% good in your spoken english. This guy is only trying to pass a message across thats all, and you are complain as if you are kids.
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Fostercat(m): 8:11pm On Jul 04, 2012
Wait o,ladieses nd gentlemans,y r u guyses tearing ur panties and exposing ur websites nd bluckos in public for another mans grammer.his money speaks.GBAM.he has paid a fuckin SAN to do the talking,did he get d SAN as a body guard? My fifle(people).gramer or no grammer,his message was clear!!! *interpretaion* Farouk com collect d money wen day never break,but he go bring d money come out wen maiduguri sun de shine ........lol
Were d Englis tishers..I need englis extra mural lesins too o..lol*laughing in greek nd latin*

But on a serious note,the guy goofed!
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2012
Sheyun: Hum!
That was the first time I heard that guy voice, am confused, are we sure it's a slip of tongue or ...?
He is always smiling and not talk, that's what I do when am confronted with questions i don't have answers for.
Am still confused, even the recorded conversation, he didn't say much.
Pls correct me if my assumptions are wrong
My broda i notice am tooo,d man just dey smile.and wen im release d bomb shell d lawyer shock. D man no sabi english at alll.
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by shaneroberts26: 8:30pm On Jul 04, 2012
Big2bore: why ar you guys like this, why do you make funny complains, I am pretty sure, all of you complain ar not 100% good in your spoken english. This guy is only trying to pass a message across thats all, and you are complain as if you are kids.
. Hahahahaha,a na-ekwu na Otedollar melu alu gi e buru kwa nke i bata.Otedollar don dey get candidates oh.Choi!
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by shaneroberts26: 8:31pm On Jul 04, 2012
Big2bore: why ar you guys like this, why do you make funny complains, I am pretty sure, all of you complain ar not 100% good in your spoken english. This guy is only trying to pass a message across thats all, and you are complain as if you are kids.
. Hahahahaha,a na-ekwu na Otedollar melu alu gi e buru kwa nke i bata.Otedollar don dey get candidates oh.Nairaland.Choi!
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by chagga(m): 9:18pm On Jul 04, 2012
just checked my dictionary and there is nothing wrong with his grammar
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by crackhouse(m): 10:40pm On Jul 04, 2012
Beaf!:
LWKMD

This could be the reason why he was just shaking his head and laughing when he was asked questions at the session for fear of this type of mis-yarn.
hmm, some people sef.
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by folahann(m): 10:46pm On Jul 04, 2012
At any given time, I will swap my PhD in English (if I had one)with his poor English so far his wealth is attached.
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Yeske2(m): 11:16pm On Jul 04, 2012
thegoodjoehunt: It came to me as a joke. I think he purposely did it.
Excuse me!
Didn't you listen to the audio release part 1------ yarcraft-aircraft, yarport-airport?
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by FSU: 11:38pm On Jul 04, 2012
Yeske!:
Excuse me!
Didn't you listen to the audio release part 1------ yarcraft-aircraft, yarport-airport?

You will have to excuse Femi on the terrible pronunciation of those words. That is how Yorubas pronounce English words. Like house = aus grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Yeske2(m): 11:49pm On Jul 04, 2012
FSU:

You will have to excuse Femi on the terrible pronunciation of those words. That is how Yorubas pronounce English words. Like house = aus grin grin grin grin grin
Ok now i understand.
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by ElPhenomenal(m): 1:07am On Jul 05, 2012
See dis pple sha,billionaire dey talk grammer u no knw say d grammer fit turn 2 billion....oga mi otedola pls i wan b like u oo abeg
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by PopeUDENSI1: 8:47am On Jul 05, 2012
U've al bn busy takn pills cos Otedola blundered. Atleast he communicated his point.
Yet nobody is questioning the House comittee chairman on "ETHICS & PRIVILEDGES" for calling Otedola "STUPID".
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by IYANGBALI: 9:01am On Jul 05, 2012
leaks: Overnight billionaire Femi Otedola on Channels news at 10 came out of his botched meeting with HOR Ethics Committee and spoke just one sentence " whatever is done in darkness will come out in lightness"

Dame Patience won't say that!

Yinka Odumakin.
sit there on nairaland and continue creating thread over femi,s grammar. English is not his language so what the fok is your problem?you that has PHD in english language,what can you boast of?who knows you in your family n
https://www.nairaland.com/do_login
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by solajacobs(m): 6:13pm On Jul 05, 2012
[b]Lightness could be defined as the dimension of the color of an object by which the object appears to reflect or transmit more or less of the incident light, varying from black to white for surface colors and from black to colorless for transparent volume colors.
[/b]http://www.thefreedictionary.com/lightness

Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by lirtozerku: 2:00am On Jun 09, 2020
Wow, this is really interesting reading. I am glad I found this and got to read it. Great job on this content. I like it. indianmatka.mobi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Declares Monday Public Holiday / Senate Has Recalled Ali Ndume Following Court Order / Reno Omokri Advises Fayose Not To Leave PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.