Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,509 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:20 PM

Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience (11911 Views)

Buhari Overtakes Jonathan In Benue, Gets 250,000 Votes - PUNCH / Reuben Abati On Dame Patience In 2010 / Dame Patience Jonathan And Her Poor Communication Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by leaks: 11:59am On Jul 04, 2012
Overnight billionaire Femi Otedola on Channels news at 10 came out of his botched meeting with HOR Ethics Committee and spoke just one sentence " whatever is done in darkness will come out in lightness"

Dame Patience won't say that!

Yinka Odumakin.

Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by jmaine: 12:01pm On Jul 04, 2012
Bobo dey catch him trips with the legislooters . . . una wan dey break head on top am . . . .

3 Likes

Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by gidjah(m): 12:13pm On Jul 04, 2012
grammer no matter at all, just register ur point n show ur dislike for dark talk, nt even wen all nigerians r very much interested in such mess n corrupt practices perpetuated by elected public officials.God will judge wicked leaders

1 Like

Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by PROUDIGBO(m): 12:29pm On Jul 04, 2012
So he made a slip of tongue, but does that warrant creating a new thread ?
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by tobechi74: 1:48pm On Jul 04, 2012
English is a borowd language. We have all made mistakes

if u have neva, ure a liar

3 Likes

Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by jaunty2012: 1:58pm On Jul 04, 2012
d truth always prevails
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jul 04, 2012
Laff wan kill me yesterday.
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by livapul86(m): 2:00pm On Jul 04, 2012
@Op: Omo I no mind to dey speak that kind grammar as long as my Money full.

9 Likes

Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Yeske2(m): 2:00pm On Jul 04, 2012
You are right on point even if you just made one yourself.
tobechi74: English is a borowd language. We have all made mistakes

if u have neva, ure a liar

2 Likes

Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Beaf1: 2:04pm On Jul 04, 2012
LWKMD

This could be the reason why he was just shaking his head and laughing when he was asked questions at the session for fear of this type of mis-yarn.

2 Likes

Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Ogbodavies(m): 3:00pm On Jul 04, 2012
the season episode continues,which chapter was previous,some1 remind me cool
Fresh air pls
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by oneuniquemind(m): 3:04pm On Jul 04, 2012
Idea lo mata.atleast we understood wat he meant
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by yunafa(f): 3:05pm On Jul 04, 2012
WITH ALL HIS MONEY HE CAN'T HIRE A PRIVATE TUTOR TO TEACH HIM MODERN AND ADVANCED ENGLISH...SEEMS HE IS EVEN STINGY TO HIMSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Fellywood(m): 3:05pm On Jul 04, 2012
He was just being sarcastic grin grin grin grin.

2 Likes

Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by SisiKill1: 3:08pm On Jul 04, 2012
Watch out Walt Whitman. . There's a new poet in the house. cheesy cheesy
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Sheyun(m): 3:08pm On Jul 04, 2012
Hum!
That was the first time I heard that guy voice, am confused, are we sure it's a slip of tongue or ...?
He is always smiling and not talk, that's what I do when am confronted with questions i don't have answers for.
Am still confused, even the recorded conversation, he didn't say much.
Pls correct me if my assumptions are wrong

2 Likes

Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by favour123(m): 3:08pm On Jul 04, 2012
Please i want to be like Otedola i beg am tired and waiting for things to change in this country. Nothing will happen in this probe, the rich gets richer its a rat race.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Ijebulogic(m): 3:10pm On Jul 04, 2012
Femi is a Yoruba man and i'm sure he can communicate eloquently in his mother tongue. Can Berlusconi the Italian Billionaire speak good English? Colonial Mentality...Next Topic please.

9 Likes

Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 04, 2012
Ijebulogic: Femi is a Yoruba man and i'm sure he can communicate eloquently in his mother tongue. Can Berlusconi the Italian Billionaire speak good English? Colonial Mentality...Next Topic please.

i would prefer you call it inferiority complex
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jul 04, 2012
I'd rather be a blundering multi-billionaire than a professor of English at Oxford University. That's for sure. Is there anything as articulate, fluent, persuasive, and 'grammatically correct' as money? I don't think so.

16 Likes

Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 04, 2012
So whats wrong with that grammar. Just tell me what is wrong with it.
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 04, 2012
jmaine: Bobo dey catch him trips with the legislooters . . . una wan dey break head on top am . . . .
Very few people are privileged to have the magnitude of fun this guy is having. $620k has bought him unimaginable fun.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Beaf1: 3:20pm On Jul 04, 2012
Ijebulogic: Femi is a Yoruba man and i'm sure he can communicate eloquently in his mother tongue. Can Berlusconi the Italian Billionaire speak good English? Colonial Mentality...Next Topic please.

^
Lame excuse.

Was he forced to speak English? If he doesnt care or know how to speak English why then did he even bother?
He should have spoken Yoruba now..cheesy

1 Like

Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jul 04, 2012
pro01: I'd rather be a blundering multi-billionaire than a professor of English at Oxford University. That's for sure. Is there anything as articulate, fluent, persuasive, and 'grammatically correct' as money? I don't think so.
Thank you jor.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Beaf1: 3:21pm On Jul 04, 2012
Billyonaire: So whats wrong with that grammar. Just tell me what is wrong with it.

^
Nothing. We are just having fun
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Ajengogo(m): 3:25pm On Jul 04, 2012
Meeeeennn I heard that comment from Otedola ooo. At first I was wondering if he wasn't going to talk to the press. 'Cos all that while, it was his lawyer that was answering questions from press men. At the tail end end of the interview..., the billionaire dropped the bombshell and I quote: "whatever is done in darkness will come out in lightness".

This "melogrammar" alone has proven to right-thinking Nigerians that the purported telephone conversation b/w Otedola and Faruk was a fallacy, or at best a cock-and-bull story. 'Cos the Otedola's voice and diction I heard in that audio is far more polished than this "melogrammartical" piece he just dropped
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by jmaine: 3:26pm On Jul 04, 2012
pro01: I'd rather be a blundering multi-billionaire than a professor of English at Oxford University. That's for sure. Is there anything as articulate, fluent, persuasive, and 'grammatically correct' as money? I don't think so.

You hammer the nail in wella . . . .When there is money, your beautiful,handsome,nice, intelligent and can sing well grin

Na today . . . .
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by TOKUGAWA(m): 3:27pm On Jul 04, 2012
WATEVA,MAKE HIM BLOW GRAMMAR,HE IS STILL A FUCKING BILLIONAIRE..............
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by texazzpete(m): 3:27pm On Jul 04, 2012

Please don't be daft. English is our official language and is taught to everyone from an early age and up to the tertiary level. There is no excuse for bad grammar, and certainly not one as brainless as 'it is not our mother tongue'.

1 Like

Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by jmaine: 3:30pm On Jul 04, 2012
Ajengogo: Meeeeennn I heard that comment from Otedola ooo. At first I was wondering if he wasn't going to talk to the press. 'Cos all that while, it was his lawyer that was answering questions from press men. At the tail end end of the interview..., the billionaire dropped the bombshell and I quote: "whatever is done in darkness will come out in lightness".

This "melogrammar" alone has proven to right-thinking Nigerians that the purported telephone conversation b/w Otedola and Faruk was a fallacy, or at best a cock-and-bull story. 'Cos the Otedola's voice and diction I heard in that audio is far more polished than this "melogrammartical" piece he just dropped

Mike Ozekhome. . . .Is this you ? undecided . . . .

1 Like

Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jul 04, 2012
Pls guys dat is poetry its a prolific term dat justifies the hypothermic inuendum for d conglomaritic and subsequential craddle of our hyperunscrupulus legislatorss. English. Whew!:-s grin
Re: Otedola Overtakes Dame Patience by lacasa: 3:34pm On Jul 04, 2012
lucenzo: Laff wan kill me yesterday.

grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala's Mother Was Kidnapped For Non-payment Of Subsidy Funds / Senate Has Recalled Ali Ndume Following Court Order / Afenifere: Buhari Sees Nothing Wrong In Northern Leaders' Inciting Statements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.