Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

My Barbados (PART 1) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Barbados (PART 1) (9649 Views)

Travel To Barbados From Accra Or Lagos Without The Need Of Transit Visa? / Flights To Barbados / Jamaica From West Africa / Any Other Nigerian Here In Barbados?! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Barbados (PART 1) by willsman(m): 1:39pm On Jul 04, 2012
My good international travellers of nice Nairaland. How are you? Let me start with kind of questions here and i need serious and genuine answers to the questions please. First of all, we Nigerians, do we need visas to go to Barbados? If yes, where is their Embassy in this country called Nigeria? If no, do we need transit visas to go there? If yes, which Embassy the transit visas are obtained? The travel route, how? The necessary traveling documents needed could be itemized here as well as the air fare, airlines that fly from here to possibly there as we drop suggestions here ok? Waiting to hear your comment. May God bless us all and the founder of Nairaland.com because without Nairaland i don't know how my life would have being by now, Amen! The best University in Nigeria is Nairaland.com and if you like you say it is online or offline University. That's your business. Thanks.
Re: My Barbados (PART 1) by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:02pm On Jul 05, 2012
@Willsman, go to this thread: www.nairaland.com/974856/nigerian-barbados and send a mail to noirfavour through his profile. He is a Nigerian based in Barbados. He should help you out with your enquiries.
Re: My Barbados (PART 1) by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:02pm On Jul 05, 2012
Sowie, double post.
Re: My Barbados (PART 1) by noirfavour: 8:27pm On Jul 08, 2012
Hello,
1. Nigerian do not need visa for barbados and they are allow to stay for 4weeks but your stay can be extended once in the country and the extention can be done at the immigration office here in Barbados.

2. You will need a UK transit visa if you are flying through virgin atlantic or british airways (they both pass through london)or american airline which will require american airport transit.

3. You need proof of return ticket, hotel/accommodation and sufficient fund for the period you are staying.

4. Ticket cost 2000 dollars and above depend on the time you book for it and this is for virgin atlantic, british airways cost 3000 dollars and above also

5. Its a beautiful place to come for vacation but almost impossible to get a job because the government doesn't grant job permit to foreigners only those that are already employ from outside the country. Don't want to discourage you but I will advice you think well before you a the decision not to get stuck like myself.

best of lucks and i hope to reply you if you have further questions.

Ps: @willsman - noirfavour is a girl smiley

1 Like

Re: My Barbados (PART 1) by ojdollars(m): 11:10pm On Jul 08, 2012
noirfavour: Hello,
1. Nigerian do not need visa for barbados and they are allow to stay for 4weeks but your stay can be extended once in the country and the extention can be done at the immigration office here in Barbados.

2. You will need a UK transit visa if you are flying through virgin atlantic or british airways (they both pass through london)or american airline which will require american airport transit.

3. You need proof of return ticket, hotel/accommodation and sufficient fund for the period you are staying.

4. Ticket cost 2000 dollars and above depend on the time you book for it and this is for virgin atlantic, british airways cost 3000 dollars and above also

5. Its a beautiful place to come for vacation but almost impossible to get a job because the government doesn't grant job permit to foreigners only those that are already employ from outside the country. Don't want to discourage you but I will advice you think well before you a the decision not to get stuck like myself.

Miss or Mrs.Noirfavour... Thank you for the information. I want to travel with a Family of 5 in August and I'm budgeting some cash for it. I would like to talk to you about Barbados offering a Jus Soli to kids born in Barbados. Someone told me so, I'm just wondering if it's true. Can I have your email or number? Thank you
Re: My Barbados (PART 1) by seunny4lif(m): 10:19am On Jul 09, 2012
The airlines require transit visa.How did u do it without transit visa
noirfavour: Hello,

Re: My Barbados (PART 1) by noirfavour: 12:35am On Jul 10, 2012
hello; it is a great place for vacation as I said earlier, you will enjoy your stay here, hot weather, beautiful beach, sweet people but everything is a little pricey compare to other places.

concerning the jus soli - im not really sure but this is a link with information on become citizen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbados_nationality_law
i hope its helpful - contact me on pr3tiigirl@gmail.com, cant leave my number here sorry.
best of lucks
Re: My Barbados (PART 1) by ojdollars(m): 1:07am On Jul 10, 2012
noirfavour: hello; it is a great place for vacation as I said earlier, you will enjoy your stay here, hot weather, beautiful beach, sweet people but everything is a little pricey compare to other places.

concerning the jus soli - im not really sure but this is a link with information on become citizen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbados_nationality_law
i hope its helpful - contact me on pr3tiigirl@gmail.com, cant leave my number here sorry.
best of lucks

Thank you.. I sent you an email with my phone number.
Re: My Barbados (PART 1) by seunny4lif(m): 10:13am On Jul 10, 2012
Please do u knw airline going to venezuela 4rm nigeria or any west africa.
noirfavour: hello; it is a great place for vacation as I said earlier, you will enjoy your stay here, hot weather, beautiful beach, sweet people but everything is a little pricey compare to other places.

best of lucks
Re: My Barbados (PART 1) by willsman(m): 8:42pm On Nov 15, 2012
I thank you folks for your urgent responses.
Thanks.
Re: My Barbados (PART 1) by Niveakreamy89: 7:50pm On Jun 07, 2021
Hi ma’am good evening. I don’t know if you can still assist me in any way you can for information on babados.
noirfavour:
Hello,

(1) (Reply)

NRC To Start Trip On Aba-Port Harcourt, Lagos-Kano-Kaduna By Second Quarter / What Is The Postal Code For Onitsha In Nigeria / Tourists/travelers Let Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.