Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,488 members, 7,830,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

Do Factory-Tinted Cars Need Tint Permits? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Do Factory-Tinted Cars Need Tint Permits? (10833 Views)

How To Process Your Car Tinted Permit Plus My Experience / New Tinted Permit / Permit For Factory Tinted Glass? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Factory-Tinted Cars Need Tint Permits? by aniyphil: 11:39pm On Jul 11, 2012
Skii: May God bless you @aniyphil, this was what I told @tstark to do, guess he didnt get the joke..anyways may God bless @Tstark too, and Iron Man, and Jarvis and ME, and us all that ply Nigerian road ways with factory tinted glasses but still have to endure the Nigeria police

You are welcome Skii . . .I drive an SUV with factory fitted tinted glasses so I had to keep this to ward off the "men in black" cheesy
Re: Do Factory-Tinted Cars Need Tint Permits? by wellheads(m): 1:03pm On Jul 12, 2012
Thanks aniyphil.
Re: Do Factory-Tinted Cars Need Tint Permits? by aniyphil: 12:32am On Jul 13, 2012
wellheads: Thanks aniyphil.

You're welcome smiley
Re: Do Factory-Tinted Cars Need Tint Permits? by lukkie(m): 10:40pm On Jul 14, 2012
Dammy68: My bro u need it sir either factory fitted or not. Cal me on 08023272331 for clarification

Or for more confusion? Thanks, but i'll pass. Factory-fitted tints don't need permits.
Re: Do Factory-Tinted Cars Need Tint Permits? by shoprite: 11:21pm On Jul 14, 2012
Dammy68: My bro u need it sir either factory fitted or not. Cal me on 08023272331 for clarification

Watch out . . .fraud in the making. No permit required for factory tinted glasses!

So . . .whatever you do, don't call that number!!!
Re: Do Factory-Tinted Cars Need Tint Permits? by nxanadu: 1:43pm On Feb 13, 2013
what if i change my suv glasses to factory fitted?
Re: Do Factory-Tinted Cars Need Tint Permits? by aniyphil: 1:52pm On Feb 13, 2013
nxanadu: what if i change my suv glasses to factory fitted?

Simple...if you change it then it is no longer factory fitted . . .factory fitted simply represents those things that come with the car during production . . .or did you manufacture your own car? smiley
Re: Do Factory-Tinted Cars Need Tint Permits? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 13, 2013
aniyphil: Simple...if you change it then it is no longer factory fitted . . .factory fitted simply represents those things that come with the car during production . . .or did you manufacture your own car? smiley

I think what he means is, if he fits OEM tinted glass to his SUV? As in factory green / brown glass (not stick-on film).

If he did that, he'd be fine. It wasn't fitted from the factory, but as long as it's OEM, he'll have no worries.
Re: Do Factory-Tinted Cars Need Tint Permits? by aniyphil: 4:46pm On Feb 13, 2013
Siena:

I think what he means is, if he fits OEM tinted glass to his SUV? As in factory green / brown glass (not stick-on film).

If he did that, he'd be fine. It wasn't fitted from the factory, but as long as it's OEM, he'll have no worries.

Ok I get it . .. Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) tinted can serve the purpose as against the locally made film tinting.
Re: Do Factory-Tinted Cars Need Tint Permits? by Lanretoye(m): 11:02pm On Feb 13, 2013
thomasjohn:
Lmao,u plan to give d police hell?
Goodluck

better u give the police 1k or else...you re already im hell
Re: Do Factory-Tinted Cars Need Tint Permits? by baron2000(m): 8:11pm On Mar 09, 2013
House, pls how do I know if my accord tint is factory? Pls help make I no go argue wit npf come guilty. Na dat one go worse pass.
Re: Do Factory-Tinted Cars Need Tint Permits? by FindOut(m): 10:51pm On Mar 09, 2013
baron2000: House, pls how do I know if my accord tint is factory? Pls help make I no go argue wit npf come guilty. Na dat one go worse pass.

First of all, i doubt if ANY accord comes with factory tint except if it was specially ordered with the car or dealer installed. If at all, then it would be a light tint on the REAR WINDOWS ONLY. What year is your accord? & please tell us if its EX, LX or EX V6.

Roll down the window a little bit & look at the top edge of the glass. If its factory tint, then there shouldn't be any film of tint that will start just below the edge, as in the entire glass up to the tip/edge at the top should be the same colour.

Now there are some after market tints (part of 'pimping' sometimes) that are apparently (to me) not removable. You'll clearly see the film of tint beginning just below the top edge of the glass after a tiny section of clear transparent glass. But you won't be able to peel or scratch off the tint. I think in such a scenario (as i suspect your's might be), the best thing to do is to just tell the police that it is factory fitted & that if they doubt, they should try to remove it.lol.

Just my opinion o, i stand corrected.
Re: Do Factory-Tinted Cars Need Tint Permits? by FindOut(m): 10:52pm On Mar 09, 2013
baron2000: House, pls how do I know if my accord tint is factory? Pls help make I no go argue wit npf come guilty. Na dat one go worse pass.
Re: Do Factory-Tinted Cars Need Tint Permits? by baron2000(m): 7:24pm On Mar 10, 2013
Find Out!:

First of all, i doubt if ANY accord comes with factory tint except if it was specially ordered with the car or dealer installed. If at all, then it would be a light tint on the REAR WINDOWS ONLY. What year is your accord? & please tell us if its EX, LX or EX V6.

Roll down the window a little bit & look at the top edge of the glass. If its factory tint, then there shouldn't be any film of tint that will start just below the edge, as in the entire glass up to the tip/edge at the top should be the same colour.

Now there are some after market tints (part of 'pimping' sometimes) that are apparently (to me) not removable. You'll clearly see the film of tint beginning just below the top edge of the glass after a tiny section of clear transparent glass. But you won't be able to peel or scratch off the tint. I think in such a scenario (as i suspect your's might be), the best thing to do is to just tell the police that it is factory fitted & that if they doubt, they should try to remove it.lol.

Just my opinion o, i stand corrected.

Its a 2005 Honda Accord LX
Re: Do Factory-Tinted Cars Need Tint Permits? by FindOut(m): 11:09pm On Mar 10, 2013
baron2000:

Its a 2005 Honda Accord LX

DEFINITELY not a factory tint. Have you tried to see if it can be removed? if you can't remove it, then it means the police too can't, abeg just claim its factory tint jor.lol
Re: Do Factory-Tinted Cars Need Tint Permits? by ivoryhouse(m): 8:25pm On Mar 13, 2013
Thanks guys, you have saved me 25k and a lot of grammar. i just bought a 2006 jeep commander 4x4 and a friend has already offered to help me get a permit for the tinted windows. Niger, ignorance dey worry us well well, and the police are having fun with it. God bless you for giving us the document. Keep it up

Why not link nairaland to facebook so our friends can enjoy it too!
Re: Do Factory-Tinted Cars Need Tint Permits? by naira7: 9:29pm On Dec 16, 2020
[quote]what about carsqw with rear windows factory tinted or just the 3row seats windows and boot(as in crv/pilot)?[/

2quote]lo8l.q

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stickers On Car, How Many Is Too Much / 7 Major Vehicle Safety Features You Cannot Do Without / Abuja Car Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.