Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,571 members, 7,861,726 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 05:48 PM

Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group (2378 Views)

Poll: Who is your favourite to win Euro 2008?

Germany: 18% (2 votes)
Italy: 18% (2 votes)
France: 18% (2 votes)
Switzerland: 0% (0 votes)
Holland: 36% (4 votes)
Portugal: 0% (0 votes)
Croatia: 0% (0 votes)
Spain: 9% (1 vote)
Czech Republic: 0% (0 votes)
Other: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Former Italy And Ac Milan Legend Maldini Dies At 84. / Argentina Vs Holland- World Cup Semi-Final (4 - 2) On Penalties On 9th July 2014 / Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by folahann(m): 10:23pm On Dec 03, 2007
dayokanu:

Group E consist of The three Pussy of England,
Was this what i saw
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by mukina2: 10:24pm On Dec 03, 2007
dayokanu:

England would play in group E they are a very strong side they would beat the Super falcons black and blue.
Group E consist of The three Pussy cat of England, Super Falcons of Nigeria, Sunshine stars of Akure and Ibom stars referring to next year Ajegunle mock world cup grin

lol now this is funny grin
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by folahann(m): 10:40pm On Dec 03, 2007
I am watching the Repeat of Draw for Euro 2008 right now
What a nice show, the finals of every tournament since it started is shown, don't seem to see England.
I don't think Germans should boast the Cup won by West Germany
Now the road of Greece to victory last tournament is on, what a beauty.
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by folahann(m): 11:02pm On Dec 03, 2007
Now the official intro for the tournament, you will love it.
Europe is actually better than Africa
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by folahann(m): 11:08pm On Dec 03, 2007
But the official ball is not that nice
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by McOmo(m): 11:46pm On Dec 03, 2007
Germany or Italy would win this, even tho the French are ma faves !
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by dayokanu(m): 11:48pm On Dec 03, 2007
I am watching the Repeat of Draw for Euro 2008 right now
What a nice show, the finals of every tournament since it started is shown, don't seem to see England.
I don't think Germans should boast the Cup won by West Germany
Now the road of Greece to victory last tournament is on, what a beauty

Who should now claim those cups, Nigeria? or Ghana where you reside.
The french have and would never be the same without Zinedine Zidane. The Italians are a dangerous opponent. Italy or germany would nick this one. They are the disciplined nations
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by McOmo(m): 11:51pm On Dec 03, 2007
erm dayokanu ? How disciplined was Greece when they won ?
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by davidif: 1:23am On Dec 04, 2007
I think it could have been worse if Germany had been seeded in the group which was a real possibility at the time but disaster was averted though and Romania got in instead.

i think Holland would qualify from the group because they are younger, the italians and french are older (anyone remember world cup '02). I can just imagine van Persie and Robben with Kuyt (holland plays the 4-3-3) running at Sagnol, Thuram and Cannavaro. That would be amazing.
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by davidif: 1:28am On Dec 04, 2007
The Euros is the real World Cup, UEFA should just Brazil and Argentina to this competition and let the rest of the world forget the fifa world cup, because in earnesty, i would rather watch France vs. Holland than watch Togo vs. Costa Rica. Also for those who say the French would never be as good as when they had "zizou" are probably right, but now they have new exciting players Youann Gourcuff, Samir Nasri, Hatem Ben Arfa, and Karim Benzema (highest goalscorer in the french league), the italians only have di Natale.
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by davidif: 1:38am On Dec 04, 2007
Euro 2004 ruined football to the extent that it popularised the concept of playing with 2 defensive midfielders (the 4-5-1) which only the italians previously used, i know the greek coach was simply trying to maximize the potential of a team that had no talent (Georgios Samaras anyone?) and it workedl, as a result, everybody tried to use it at the world cup which made it ultra boring, highly tactical and very low scoring. As far as i am concerned, all defensive midfielders should be banned from football because they eliminate the entertainment purpose and make the game more business like instead of fun like. Fancy, having 70hr work week then on sunday instead of watching a delightful soccer game i'm watching body builders (Chelsea) with no skill or imagination (German football), i don't like seeing no talent players just spoiling beautiful one two passes. Unfortunately, even the spanish are beginning to play like that.
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by dyabman(m): 6:23am On Dec 04, 2007
DUTCH FOR REAL , DUTCH FOR LIFE, THE ORANGE BOYS ARE WINNING THE GROUP AND WINNING THE COMPETITION , YOUNGS BOYZ, GOOD SOCCER,SEXY FOOTBALL , ON ON GROUND NO LAULATIN , CANT WAIT TO PLAY ITALY FIRST, DUTCH FOR LIFE HAHAHAHA, I LOVE YOU HOLLAND,

Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by hustler(m): 7:49am On Dec 04, 2007
davidif:

The Euros is the real World Cup, UEFA should just Brazil and Argentina to this competition and let the rest of the world forget the fifa world cup, because in earnesty, i would rather watch France vs. Holland than watch Togo vs. Costa Rica. Also for those who say the French would never be as good as when they had "zizou" are probably right, but now they have new exciting players Youann Gourcuff, Samir Nasri, Hatem Ben Arfa, and Karim Benzema (highest goalscorer in the french league), the italians only have di Natale.

Oga if u know little about Italian football y dont u just not talk about it.

How can u say the Italians have just Di Natale? Ridiculous. Except u r trying to be funny. i will be waiting to see the defence line of Holland that will not leak goals that will send em out of this competition. If they parade the likes Bouma, Melchiot,Ooijer in their backline,
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by dayokanu(m): 8:07am On Dec 04, 2007
erm dayokanu ? How disciplined was Greece when they won ?

The greeks were very disciplined in that tournament . They beat the host twice, The defending Champions and the team of the tournament -Czech. The conceeded few goals and scored against every team. The were not ultra defensive- Cattenaccio. They score in by the middle of second half and give you enough time to equalise if you can except against Czech. They didnt have any exceptional player in their squad they didnt have any showman but they all worked for one another Very difficult to pick the best player in the team though they gave it to Angelo Basinas the captain but karagounis, Charisteas, Tsiartas, Nikopolidis, Dellas, Stellios e.t.c all played their part well.
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by McOmo(m): 10:23am On Dec 04, 2007
Mother Luck smiled on them jare ! Charisteas, Dellas and Karagounis did well tho but were definitely not more talented nor more disciplined than some other teams !
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by ndubest(m): 10:45am On Dec 04, 2007
, any two teams that qualify from this group will definitely go far
if not win the title sef
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by dayokanu(m): 3:23pm On Dec 04, 2007
You mean they were lucky to beat the host twice, beat te defending Champs and beat Czech!! I am sure you can speak Chinese by luck. winning a tournament by luck!!
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by folahann(m): 3:48pm On Dec 04, 2007
dayokanu:

Who should now claim those cups, Nigeria? or Ghana where you reside.
The french have and would never be the same without Zinedine Zidane. The Italians are a dangerous opponent. Italy or germany would nick this one. They are the disciplined nations
There is a big difference btw Germany and West Germany
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by folahann(m): 5:09pm On Dec 04, 2007
After the Euro 2008, may be there will be a cause of hatred to franck Ribery in the Bundesliga.
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by dayokanu(m): 5:13pm On Dec 04, 2007
WHat is the big difference between West Germany and Germany? Who should take the cups.
Since East and West came together the assets and the liabilities would be taken in too.

So If West Germany is owing a debt, who should pay for it?

Why should Ribery be hated in the Bundesliga. Why didnt the italians hate Trezeguet for breakng their hearts in 2000?
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by folahann(m): 5:16pm On Dec 04, 2007
So you understand what might happen.
May be the Germans will take it like that
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by dayokanu(m): 5:20pm On Dec 04, 2007
Marek Heinz scored a superb free kick that ushered Germany out of Euro cup and was promptly signed up by Borrousia Mochengladbach so its okay with any country.
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by folahann(m): 5:46pm On Dec 04, 2007
So you agree with me that Ribery may cause dissater to Germany.
That is what am suspecting, if not him may be luca Toni
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by davidif: 5:18am On Dec 05, 2007
@ hustler

I simply meant that the italians are old, just about all there best players are over 30 years old, the only new young blood they have is Di Natalie and don't even mention Luca Toni, he is 32 years and made his national team debut just two years ago (he is a very late bloomer). Also, the dutch defensive line is not bad, heitinga and mathijsen can hang with the best of them, afterall, they conceded very few goals during the world cup and the qualifiers.
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by gabrielgb: 5:28pm On Dec 05, 2007
@ hustler

I simply meant that the italians are old, just about all there best players are over 30 years old, the only new young blood they have is Di Natalie and don't even mention Luca Toni, he is 32 years and made his national team debut just two years ago (he is a very late bloomer). Also, the dutch defensive line is not bad, heitinga and mathijsen can hang with the best of them, afterall, they conceded very few goals during the world cup and the qualifiers.

@ davidif its obvious you dont watch serie a, Di Natalie is 29 and wont be a starter on a good day. Toni is 30 not 32. De rossi is 23 now Barzaglis is 26, if Chelini could get a starting shirt good cos he is 21. And Pirlo is 28 now. I think you should know the average age of the French sides. the youngest is Ribery 26, lots of 30-35 yr old in the statrting 11 for them.

FORZA AZZURRI
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by folahann(m): 6:48pm On Dec 05, 2007
I don't believe Holland could get the most votes
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by davidif: 4:16am On Dec 11, 2007
@gabriel
I was just trying to say that the France has more big time young players coming through the ranks than the italians do. They have more flexibility now that they have to accomodate Zidane. They can now play the 4-4-2. The Italians don't have any new young gunners or should i say, they have no one like Nasri or Benzema, Gourcuff or Evra, infact go check them out on Youtube if you like.
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by folahann(m): 12:32pm On Dec 11, 2007
I think France is noe the power house of Europe, they have a lot of players so much that injuries can affect them so much.
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by A40(m): 5:11pm On Dec 11, 2007
I agree the dutch need a stronger back line that may be their achilles heel Melchoit,Bouma and Boulahrouz just dont cut it
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by folahann(m): 5:17pm On Dec 11, 2007
The Dutch will need a better coach who knows how to win with good teams
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by akinalabi(m): 5:19pm On Dec 11, 2007
My goodness!

Why are we all ruling out Romania from that
group?
Re: Euro 2008 Draw: Italy,Holland and France in one Group by folahann(m): 5:44pm On Dec 11, 2007
Romania is not popular inthe world of football and were absent at the World Cup.
How many Romanian players do you know

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Football Academy In Nigeria / Barcelon Signs Alex Iwobi For £90m / Checkout The List Of Summer Spending In The English Premier League.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.