Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,190 members, 7,822,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes (165772 Views)

Food For Thought Inspirational Quotes ... / Inspirational And Famous Quotes To Inspire You / Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 10:08pm On Oct 15, 2013
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 15, 2013
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 15, 2013
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 15, 2013

lol...i have some family members like that. grin

anyway, that's why when you give something don't expect anything in return.
Be genuine at all times..
..and don't give or offer what you cannot afford to.

do what you can and move on.
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 15, 2013
that's the bottom line!!

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 10:24pm On Oct 15, 2013
Adopt this attitude...

..and small things will not matter so much esp. someone's opinion about you.
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 21, 2013
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 22, 2013
sometimes it's so hard not to tho. undecided

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 11:07pm On Oct 22, 2013
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 1:14am On Oct 25, 2013
"Time heals all wounds.
Eventually, you'll just stop caring."

-someone, i don't remember who lol
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Michaellegend(m): 9:19am On Oct 25, 2013
The disabled are not
those who have lost an eye or a leg or an arm but
they are those who have two eyes but can’t see the
bright future ahead, have two legs but can’t trek the
right paths, have two arms but can’t handle
challenges of life... Sammy hoe(hope and the island of greatness)

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 4:50am On Oct 26, 2013
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 4:51am On Oct 26, 2013
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 4:52am On Oct 26, 2013

^^yessssss!!!
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 4:53am On Oct 26, 2013

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 4:54am On Oct 26, 2013

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 4:55am On Oct 26, 2013

i need to get back to that ^^
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 4:59am On Oct 26, 2013
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 5:00am On Oct 26, 2013
Michaellegend: The disabled are not
those who have lost an eye or a leg or an arm but
they are those who have two eyes but can’t see the
bright future ahead, have two legs but can’t trek the
right paths, have two arms but can’t handle
challenges of life... Sammy hoe(hope and the island of greatness)

I like that! smiley
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 3:04am On Oct 27, 2013

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Sanguine(f): 11:18am On Oct 30, 2013
Waoh! Great quotes here. Now I wanna drop something... cheesy

The greatest Nation in the whole wide world is your... Imagi-Nation.

Challenges are tough to those who never face them but easy to those who accept them. Accept every challenge with a smile and watch it melt and dissappear. cheesy.
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by bizngr(f): 9:04am On Nov 01, 2013
Your believe keeps you down or up. Choose well.
www.bizngr.com

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by vyqtour(m): 1:00pm On Oct 28, 2014
smiley
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Blackridge(f): 4:19pm On Oct 28, 2014
I disregard any comment I find extreme, either harsh or flattering, and choose to believe what I find true of myself. I try to take criticism constructively not persoanally.
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by naijainfogalery: 10:16am On Jan 01, 2015
For all kinds of Nigerian food check it out here http://www.nigerianfoods.com/
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by lexaydfg(m): 12:00pm On Jan 01, 2015
lemme add mine

In life, if you don't risk anything, you risk

When you stop chasing the wrong things you give the right things a chance to catch you.

Every single thing that has ever happened in your life is preparing you for a moment that is yet to come
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 9:42am On Jan 13, 2015
I came to delete something, and decided to use this opportunity to stress how important prayer is. I am the type that prays mostly when I need something or when I am in a difficult situation, which is very bad.

However, the way God answers my prayer and exceeds all my expectations has proven that I won't have had needs or difficulties in the first place if I had been in constant communication with him. Therefore, praying is very essential.

In my deepest, darkest moments, what really got me through was a prayer. Sometimes my prayer was 'Help me.' Sometimes a prayer was 'Thank you.' What I've discovered is that intimate connection and communication with my creator will always get me through because I know my support, my help, is just a prayer away -Iyanla Vanzant

3 Likes

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Preciousbouy(m): 10:33pm On Apr 20, 2016
Cuddlemii:
TODAY'S THEME IS RELATIONSHIPS

"Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something: they’re trying to find someone who’s going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take" -Anthony Robbins

"Never idealize others. They will never live up to your expectations. Don’t over-analyse your relationships. Stop playing games. A growing relationship can only be nurtured by genuineness" -Leo F. Buscaglia

"Shared joy is a double joy; shared sorrow is half a sorrow" -Swedish Proverb

"A loving relationship is one in which the loved one is free to be himself — to laugh with me, but never at me; to cry with me, but never because of me; to love life, to love himself, to love being loved. Such a relationship is based upon freedom and can never grow in a jealous heart" -Leo F. Buscaglia

"Address the issue and not the personality"(For instance, if you partner breaks a plate,caution him/her for doing that but don't use words like, "you this person, you are used to things like this, you are clumsy, useless etc)- Myself
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by rhydex247(m): 4:34am On Jul 21, 2016
Food for thought:Sometimes ago, a group of 50 people attended a seminar. At a point during the session the speaker stopped and started giving each person a balloon. Each one was asked to write his/her name on it using a marker pen. Then all the balloons were collected and put in another room. Soon after the delegates were let into that room and each participant was asked to find the balloon which had his/her name written on it within 5 minutes. Everyone was frantically searching for his /her name, pushing and colliding with each other; there was utter chaos. At the end of 5 minutes, no one could find his/her own balloon. Each person was thereafter asked to
randomly collect a balloon and give it to the
person whose name was written on it. Within
minutes everyone had his/her own balloons handed over to him or her. The speaker resumed the session and said "This is exactly what is happening in our lives. Everyone is frantically looking for happiness all around, not knowing where it is. Our happiness lies in the happiness of other people. Help them find their happiness and you will get your own happiness too".
And this is one of the purposes of human life...
Learn to put a smile on someone's face, and you will also smile in due season.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by techajmr: 9:40am On Jul 21, 2016
Awesome content....thanks to share.

Life Quotes
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by legalmoney(m): 5:23pm On Jan 10, 2022
This is good

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] / unHOLY MATRIMONY / Unplanned Love (imaginary Love Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.