Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,362 members, 7,826,425 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes (165833 Views)

Food For Thought Inspirational Quotes ... / Inspirational And Famous Quotes To Inspire You / Did you Know and Great Inspirational Quotes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Broker23(m): 7:12pm On Jan 17, 2013
''That which u dislike in another, find time to correct in ur self'' Anthony Robbins
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 7:13pm On Jan 17, 2013
Broker23: ''That which u dislike in another, find time to correct in ur self'' Anthony Robbins

Nice, good to see another human being around here.

I write to myself sometimes cheesy
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 1:48am On Jan 18, 2013
Saw this on my friend's wall and just had to nick it.

YOUR FRIENDS SHAPE YOUR DESTINY.
LAZY FRIENDS divert vision.
FOCUSED FRIENDS direct vision.
Some friends add to you; others take away.
BE A FRIEND WHO ADDS. Release those who subtract.

To win in life you need these friends:

1.MORAL GUIDES – those who help you do the right thing.

2.FAITH BUILDERS – those who believe in you and in your potential.

3.DREAM MAKERS – those who create opportunities and help you achieve your dreams.

Do your friends celebrate when you win? Are they envious of your achievements?

Remember: FRIENDSHIP IS NOT BY FORCE; it’s by choice.

RELEASE the dream killers.

TREASURE the dream makers.

MAY GOD BLESS YOU WITH TRUE FRIENDS!
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 3:48pm On Jan 21, 2013
Nice stems wink

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Pharoh: 4:38pm On Jan 21, 2013
^^ Amen to your prayer

It is not work that kills men, it is worry. Work is healthy; you can hardly put more on a man than he can bear. But worry is rust upon the blade. It is not movement that destroys the machinery, but friction.
Henry Ward Beecher

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 4:41pm On Jan 21, 2013
Pharoh: ^^ Amen to your prayer

It is not work that kills men, it is worry. Work is healthy; you can hardly put more on a man than he can bear. But worry is rust upon the blade. It is not movement that destroys the machinery, but friction.
Henry Ward Beecher

Nice! I worry a lot too but I dropped that trait last year.

This year is just about living life one step at a time.
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 2:15am On Jan 25, 2013
Funny: Letter to Single Men From Single Ladies

Dear very loving male folks,

We the female folks wish to bring to your notice that in less than 3weeks, there shall be the celebration of love (feb.14).. We’d appreciate it if alongside that box of chocolate is a box of ring- be it diamond, gold, silver or bronze!

We know how much you want us to take a trip to bahamas, sun-city, miami and paris and we appreciate the kind gesture. BUT instead of the holiday trip, we would appreciate it if you took a trip to our family house instead!

We’ve given you enough hints such as invitation to weddings, church vigils, child dedication and all sorts.

Unfortunately, you are all dumb to realize that- of course we understand that some of you broke up with us during d xmas period but apologies will only be accepted in the form of a marriage proposal with it’s consummation in no distant time!

Valentine’s day is just 3wks away so you have enough time to call your friends for a drink and tell your fathers, mothers and siblings about us.

Thank you for your kind cooperation.

Signed:

President, Single Ladies Association

http://www.informationng.com/2013/01/funny-letter-to-single-men-from-single-ladies.html

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 6:56pm On Jan 27, 2013
7 steps to living up your resolutions this year - 2013

"If you don't like where you are, change it. You're not a tree" - Jim Rohn

It is the start of another year; time again for resolutions, vows or whatever we chose to call them.
Many make theirs for various reasons ranging from yearly family tradition, to pastor's admonition,
or an innate desire to use the start of the year as motivation for a new life.

Whatever the motivations, what most of these resolutions have in common is that they are soon totally jettisoned or partially adhered to.

This begs the questions, is it really possible to make these resolutions habits that stick? Are there people who really fulfill their resolutions from year to year?

This piece will look at 7 very useful steps we can take in ensuring that our New Year's resolutions last longer than a cone ice-cream on a hot summer day;
and become useful habits that we take into the next year and beyond.

Determine your reason for a desire for change (Why do I want to stop or start doing this)

If we have a result or objective in view, it becomes easier to keep motivating ourselves till we achieve.
Someone who says he wants to quit smoking by the start of the year because his friends think 'that's the new sexy'
is likely to be less determined than someone who wants to quit smoking to restore his health and improve his overall image before his wedding.

Be inspired by conviction and not competition

While we can occasionally measure our progress in any venture against other people's to give us an idea of how well we our doing,
it is not so wise to initiate that change merely because we want to out-do someone or because 'we don't want to be left out'.

Those who are driven by passion always find strength to continue, but those driven merely by competition will quit at the first signs of difficulty.

If your best friend has decided that he would start a business in the new year while still in paid employment with the hope that he can resign
and be fully self employed within two years, and you decide to do same without any objective other than the desire to be like him;
once the hardship of sleeping for just 4 hours a day becomes unbearable, you will quit the business.
Your friend will not quit because he has a plan with an end in sight.

One goal - diverse methods

If - for example - you are looking to be fitter and healthier, it is not advisable that you would be relying on starting to use the gym alone.
If after using the gym consistently for the first two weeks of January, you are not able to go to the gym for three weeks in a row because of
days of heavy rain or gym refurbishment, chances are that you would lose your new found motivation and become used - again - to not working out
or engaging in any form of cardiovascular exercises.

Creating other methods or means to achieving your goal in this case would be buying skipping ropes,
dumbbells or thread-mills that you can be using on your own at home.
You may also wish to start watching fitness shows on ESPN - I find nothing personally motivates me
and gets my adrenaline pumping like seeing other people looking good working out.

One change per time...

Difficult changes usually require lots of mental strength, so much that one should avoid trying to change too many things at a time.
Unfortunately, I like many other people have fallen for that trap, out of excitement and over-zealousness.

The end result is usually that you are attempting too many things, with no tangible progress in any.
That realization makes one so miserable that you quit on every single resolution altogether.

The trick here is to find the balance between enthusiasm, and not biting more than one can chew.
In the first place, one should not make too many resolutions for one year.
It is better to make four, and fulfill all four completely (or three); than to make 10 and end up fulfilling none.

After mastering a new habit over a reasonable period of time, then one can introduce another goal or habit we want to discontinue.
That way we have more focus and mental strength for each one.

Take baby steps...

Pushing one's self too hard or biting more than one can chew in any new challenge usually registers in your mind and brain as stress after you must have completed the task for that day.

As a result, any time you think of that activity, you will need to psyche up yourself to do it. After a while procrastination begins to set in till you stop engaging in it altogether.

If you have decided to improve your bible knowledge, it is better to start by reading at the most one chapter a day. What matters most is gaining something tangible from the little you have read.

However, if you start by reading three or more chapters, chances are that you would have become bored and tired by the time you finish reading.
Hence, when next you think of picking up your bible, you don't remember having a nice time the last time out, what you remember is the stress, boredom, and the amount of time it will cost you.

Write them down; and use a reminder

The willingness to achieve a goal is one thing, making it a priority is another.
In the fast paced world of today it is very easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle and forget about that area of your life that needs improvement.

To avoid this, we do not only need to write down our goals, we should set up a daily or weekly reminder - depending on the nature of the goal.

We can easily make use of reminder alerts on our ubiquitous gadgets (i-phone, Ipad, Kindle ), or simply write them on post-it papers and stick them on our dressing mirror.

Make yourself accountable

Self-motivation or discipline may not always work, that is when some moral support, a timely reminder, or cautioning from a friend, loved one or companion will be helpful.

- A friend questioning your avowed financial discipline when they see you buying your fourth pair of shoes by the end of February could help to give you a reality check on the state of your finances.
- Going to the gym with your wife could also make it a lot more fun
- We are also more motivated when someone confirms to us that there is a tangible difference in something that we just started to do or influence.

Dust yourself up and try again

Lastly, be ready to stumble or fall; but don't stay down - try again.
If those new habits or goals were going to be easy, we would not have had to make them resolutions.

A person who never made a mistake never tried anything new -- Unknown Author

Happy 2013

Mr Imbuya (Seyi Ogunsola)
www.beinspiredbeimbued..co.uk
www.mrimbuya..co.uk
Twitter @mrimbuya

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 12:19pm On Feb 02, 2013
Lol!
What's with these advises for women, marriages and relationships?
Do they sense desperation & depression in women?
I wish I were a man sometimes, being a woman can makes one feel powerless and weak.
Anyhoo, enjoy the 7 reasons why he's going out with her and not you(he is going out with me, I refuse to be referred to as you in this context)Don't mind me! smiley

Seven Reasons Why He’s Going Out With Her and Not You…

Don’t you hate that? You give a guy, the best years of your life or you’ve liked that guy for ages but yet he keeps choosing these tramps over you?

N.B not that I’m bitter about my ex’s new girlfriend or anything…..kmt

So what’s going on? What’s so good about her? What was it that he couldn’t or didn’t see in you?
He most likely isn’t going to tell you why but I have seven reasons why he chose her and not you.

1. GOD’S TIME IS THE RIGHT TIME- Timing is everything. It’s not your time to be with him or it will never be your time.
Sometimes some things aren’t meant to be.

2. Attraction – Hard pill to swallow but it could be that she’s more attractive than you, in which case you can’t blame him.
We all want someone on our arm that we can be proud of but one man’s trash can be another man’s treasure right?

3. Confidence – If you like to constantly point out your flaws just so he could dispute them, chances are he was thinking ‘On to the next one!’
Guys like confident girls who are confident in their own skin. If you were guilty of this, you just gave him the green light to pick a more confident chick, sucks huh?

4. She trusts him- If you were the sort of girl who checked their man’s phone while he went to the toilet or did some military style interrogation
when he went out with his boys? That sort of behavior screams crazy/needy/out of control/ neurotic freak. If you trusted him, you might have kept him.

5. She knows he’s not psychic – What do I mean? Basically when a guy asks you ‘what’s wrong?‘ TELL HIM. They are not psychic, they won’t just ‘know’.
This kind of behaviour drives guys up the wall, and they hate it. As I always say communication is KEY. I realize I’m guilty of this one *sighs*

6. She understands that his bank account isn’t bottomless – If you were one of those girls always demanding money for this or that,
it’s no wonder you found yourself suddenly single. This other chick is probably within his price range.

7. She respects him – If you complained at everything he did instead of giving constructive criticism. No guy likes to stick around for abuse.
Odds are this new chick probably shows she appreciates him not just when he does something for her but constantly, guys need love too, you know!

To sum it all up, you and her are two different women and he choosing her has no reflection on you as a woman.
He’s made his choice and the best revenge you can do is meet someone who knows your worth and stop thinking about your ex because trust me he isn't thinking about you.

Disagree with the reasons above or just have a view?
Then let me know by dropping a comment ..
CALL +2348085088437 FOLLOW @Dannyalaba on twitter

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by festoy(m): 6:37am On Feb 06, 2013
Deep calleth to deep. Wisdom answereth to wisdom. Just as iron sharpeneth iron
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 6:38am On Feb 06, 2013
festoy: Deep calleth to deep. Wisdom answereth to wisdom. Just as iron sharpeneth iron

Nice! smiley

I like it, very precise and strong.
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 9:04am On Feb 07, 2013
"We don't need to make it better"

Improvement comes with many costs.

It costs time and money to make something better. It's risky, as well, because trying to make something better might make it worse. Perhaps making it better for the masses makes it worse for the people who already like it. And risk brings fear, because that means someone is going to be held responsible, and so the lizard brain wants out.

Which is why, unless there's an urgent reason to make something better right now, most organizations naturally don't volunteer to improve.

Operating systems, government programs, established non-profits, teachers with tenure, market leaders, businesses with long-standing customers--these organizations are all facing an uphill battle in creating a culture where there's an urgency to improve.

Just because it's uphill doesn't mean it's hopeless, though. One of the most essential tasks a leader faces is understanding just how much the team is afraid of making things better (because it usually means making things worse--for some people).

....Copied from Seth Godin, a great mentor people should follow for business & marketing advise. I have him on Facebook, twitter and Linked in.
I check out his blog sometimes. His videos on youtube are very inspirational!
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by SkankyModerator(m): 12:30pm On Feb 07, 2013
I am a troll
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 2:54pm On Feb 07, 2013
^Nice!
Reminds me of my first degree at school. Lolz, I studied a little bit of warfare and strategies in war and I remember Sun Tzu, Machiavelli & Carl von Clausewitz.
One particular one comes to mind, the principles of war - Surprise

Surprise is the consequence of shock and confusion induced by the deliberate or incidental introduction of the unexpected.

I have always thought this was a better approach to warfare because its very unpredictable and it makes retaliation uneasy or almost impossible.
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by SkankyModerator(m): 5:21pm On Feb 07, 2013
I am a coward
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 4:05am On Feb 08, 2013
What Your Bag-Holding Technique Says About You cool

Prior to today's career planning class, I never observed the importance of bag-holding techniques.
Handbags were just fashion items to me. I wasn't really into handbags and could rock them till they drop.
(Lolz, levels don change I rock good handbags now wink)

Do you know employers(especially in North America) pay attention to these little details?
Our personalities are evaluated by these techniques
I thought the traditional firm handshake, eye contact and presentation(.i.e. dress sense)were the only determinants.
But, I was wrong! Not only the shrinks get to play psychology.
Give the right impression - wear that handbag right!

By the way, I am the Arm-crook hook: A sense of superiority cool

**I hope the uploaded picture is clear enough.
I have tried my best to resize and crop the picture. If it doesn't come out well, I will keep trying***

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by newacca: 11:23pm On Feb 08, 2013
@cuddlemii,
nice words smiley
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 11:35pm On Feb 08, 2013
newacca: @cuddlemii,
nice words smiley

Yay! I have been having visitors lately.
You don't know how it feels; writing these quotes and reading them all alone
Sometimes, knowing at least one person reads, it's the only encouragement that I need
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by newacca: 11:36pm On Feb 08, 2013
Cuddlemii:

Yay! I have been having visitors lately.
You don't know how it feels; writing these quotes and reading them all alone
Sometimes, knowing at least one person reads, it's the only encouragement that I need
Thanks.
No P
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 11:39pm On Feb 08, 2013
newacca:
No P

We now have a chat room for poets incase you are interested
https://www.nairaland.com/1180563/poets-café-chat-room
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by newacca: 11:46pm On Feb 08, 2013
Cuddlemii:

We now have a chat room for poets incase you are interested
https://www.nairaland.com/1180563/poets-café-chat-room
ooh good. I'll check it out.

1 Like

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 4:51pm On Feb 09, 2013
--
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 2:27am On Feb 10, 2013
Today's Theme Is Culture 1

A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots.
-Marcus Garvey

A nation's culture resides in the hearts and in the soul of its people.
Mahatma Gandhi

Because when you have millions of people with this kind of need for gratification, and the culture is saying that it's possible for everyone to satisfy all of their needs and desires all of the time, there are obviously going to be clashes - clashes of ego.
Taylor Hackford

“We have to create culture, don't watch TV, don't read magazines, don't even listen to NPR. Create your own roadshow. The nexus of space and time where you are now is the most immediate sector of your universe, and if you're worrying about Michael Jackson or Bill Clinton or somebody else, then you are disempowered, you're giving it all away to icons, icons which are maintained by an electronic media so that you want to dress like X or have lips like Y. This is shit-brained, this kind of thinking. That is all cultural diversion, and what is real is you and your friends and your associations, your highs, your orgasms, your hopes, your plans, your fears. And we are told 'no', we're unimportant, we're peripheral. 'Get a degree, get a job, get a this, get a that.' And then you're a player, you don't want to even play in that game. You want to reclaim your mind and get it out of the hands of the cultural engineers who want to turn you into a half-baked slowpoke consuming all this trash that's being manufactured out of the bones of a dying world.”
― Terence McKenna
Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Cuddlemii: 12:27pm On Feb 13, 2013
lol!

Re: Food For Thought - Inspirational Quotes by Nobody: 1:52am On Mar 02, 2013
true words!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

THE PAINS OF LOVING A STAR [a story that touches the heart] / unHOLY MATRIMONY / Unplanned Love (imaginary Love Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.