Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,287 members, 7,860,672 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 02:07 PM

What Is This Heresy Of "Wealth Of The Ungodly Given/Transfered To The Godly"? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is This Heresy Of "Wealth Of The Ungodly Given/Transfered To The Godly"? (1229 Views)

Happy Sunday: Is Having Sex As Couple Before Going To Church Godly Or Ungodly? / The Godly Dressing And Modesty Of A Holy Christian / Pastor John Hagee - Cornerstone Church Ministry, Heresy, Divorce & Dirty Deeds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is This Heresy Of "Wealth Of The Ungodly Given/Transfered To The Godly"? by Goshen360(m): 9:33pm On Jul 05, 2012
Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labor, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needs. Ephesians 4:28 Kjv

Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor, doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need. Esv.

I have heard about this heresy from many preachers and sometimes, I shake my head in deep sorrows how the word of God is being manipulated to those who will never open their Bible and read/study for themselves. To get these wealth transfered to you as the godly, these false teachers will demand you to sow a seed or offering(s) that will make God give or transfer to you the wealth of the world/unrighteous as in the case of the children of Israel when they left Egypt. Now, Egypt is a type of the world from which believers are called into the kingdom of God - John 15:19. I had been called out of Egypt (the world) for some years now and I have never seen any wealth of the world transfered to me until I read the scripture verse in Ephesians 4:28; 1 Timothy 5:8 and am yet to see any wealth transfer verse for the NT believers, not a single verse.

The only reason being given by these false teachers that God will give the wealth of the sinners/ungodly/unrighteous to the righteous/Godly/Saints is simply for the spreading of the Gospel BUT I don't really see that in the word of God when Jesus gave the commandment to go into the world and preach the Gospel of the kingdom (correct me if am wrong). On the contrary, the believers/Godly/Righteous are inspired in the NT to work with their own hands and the reason is, so that he may have something to share with anyone in need. And also, so that we (believers) can provide for our household and family - 1 Timothy 5:8. So where does this heresy of God transferring or giving the wealth of the world/ungodly to the Godly came from? And ever since these false teachings had been going on, can we have testimony of any godly who had received these wealth transfer?
Re: What Is This Heresy Of "Wealth Of The Ungodly Given/Transfered To The Godly"? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:48pm On Jul 05, 2012
Goshen!, dear friend!, my affectionate greeting.
Misrepresenting and / or out of context biblical passages is the specialty of many pastors (mostly).
Once, I asked a pastor "on what basis you to collect the tithe?" and 'role I replied with a smirk:
"Malachi 3:10" ...
Read Malachi 3:10, but ... See you all Malachi, and understand that precisely what Jheova says in Malachi, is that tithing is a punishment that he sets for the Levitical priests, that they were stealing. Only they, the priests should pay (in grains, oils and animals, not money)
Unfortunately, this is a form of lying, deeply rooted in the Pentecostal churches.
I send warm greetings!
Re: What Is This Heresy Of "Wealth Of The Ungodly Given/Transfered To The Godly"? by Goshen360(m): 10:08pm On Jul 05, 2012
Dearest Ptolomeus,

Adam fell in the Garden. Jesus came to restore the fall of Adam but unfortunately, men are still falling today due to the following reasons:

1. Doubting the word of God.

2. Adding to and misquoting God's word.

3. Contradicting God's word.

4. Misinterpreting God's word.

5. Tempting to transgress and transgressing God's word.

Satan is transformed as angel of light and so are his ministers. Keep doing your best for the kingdom of God.

~A warm hug to you~
Re: What Is This Heresy Of "Wealth Of The Ungodly Given/Transfered To The Godly"? by Ptolomeus(m): 10:42pm On Jul 05, 2012
Goshen360: Dearest Ptolomeus,

Adam fell in the Garden. Jesus came to restore the fall of Adam but unfortunately, men are still falling today due to the following reasons:

1. Doubting the word of God.

2. Adding to and misquoting God's word.

3. Contradicting God's word.

4. Misinterpreting God's word.

5. Tempting to transgress and transgressing God's word.

Satan is transformed as angel of light and so are his ministers. Keep doing your best for the kingdom of God.

~A warm hug to you~

Exactly, dear friend.
Human and petty interests ...
Paradoxically, that meanness is northern people claiming to be religious ...
It is outrageous.

Always a pleasure talking with you.
Are you a friendly person and very friendly.
A big hug from his friend ...

(1) (Reply)

Born Again Design Back With Jesus Tattoo / 6 Things Christians Need To Stop Saying / Pastor Enoch Adeboye To Hold Special Prayer Session For Pregnant Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.