Stats: 3,162,092 members, 7,849,413 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 08:59 PM

Crazy Things Done During Job Hunting - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Crazy Things Done During Job Hunting (19064 Views)

9 Things You Should Avoid During Job Interviews. / Questions Concerning Your Preferred Salary Scale During Job Interviews (2) (3) (4)

Re: Crazy Things Done During Job Hunting by Nobody: 6:30am On Oct 06, 2012
dejiswaggs: So funny lol but I work for myself naa!
If anyone is intrested in akin alabi's ebook ''How I Made over 8 million In Nigerian in 2008 and How
you to can!'' pls inbox me now.

akosilei@hotmail.com
Re: Crazy Things Done During Job Hunting by greygoblings(m): 5:25pm On Oct 06, 2012
Reading through these experiences really made me sad. Firstly, i passed through the same old process. I remember when i had to travel from portharcourt to lagos to attend an interview but wasn't given. Remembered when i began to think that i wasn't good enough that i was a failure. I tried and did everything possible to get a job but no. Until an idea popped in my head. I'm a graduate with first class, i know i ain't bad, just that there were no jobs, so i went back to school to read my Masters. During study the university begged that i shouldn't leave that i should be a lecturer to be paid about 150k now i'm on my phd. But still hunting for my passion. Things to note! Lecturing profession is really short staffed, and more universities are springing up. Infact more lecturers are having more than 3 jobs at a time and are paid well above 250k for each. If you still got school in you, i'd advice you proceed to your masters and eventually Phd.

Re: Crazy Things Done During Job Hunting by Georgesmartt(m): 11:27am On Nov 09, 2012
Nice post. Now i see Nigeria and job opportunities from a diffrent perspectective. thanks to all commenters. develop the skills you have dat are useful to people around you and get paid. God is ur strenght.
Re: Crazy Things Done During Job Hunting by qhemie: 10:52pm On Nov 09, 2012
Ecouraging stories....some r scary though, I'v finishd service since june nd few mths b4 service I got a job in an insurance company nd jst a shrt while into the job, I realised dis is nt w@ I wnt, got anoda job jst 2 kip ma self busy b4 service, ws postd outta lagos nd had 2 leave, I'v bin applyin 4 jobs online 4 as long as I cn remember, finalli got kald by access bank gtb, kpmg....passd jst d access bank and tot 2 ma self dis most b it...got 2 d final interview stage b4 I ws dropd....which ws so hrtbreakin.....buh d struggle continues..... ryt now I am 'here' and I'm gonna get 'there'... the only difference btw here nd there is 't' which is time...jst a mata of time....ma stori wil chng 2
Re: Crazy Things Done During Job Hunting by bbankky: 3:28pm On Dec 05, 2012
nija80:
akosilei@hotmail.com
pls
Am interested too bbankky_1@yahoo.com
Re: Crazy Things Done During Job Hunting by bbankky: 3:38pm On Dec 05, 2012
dejiswaggs: So funny lol but I work for myself naa!
If anyone is intrested in akin alabi's ebook ''How I Made over 8 million In Nigerian in 2008 and How
you to can!'' pls inbox me now.
Pls am interested I want to knowa how you did it
bbankky_1@)yahoo.com
Re: Crazy Things Done During Job Hunting by chiagozie1: 11:03pm On Dec 06, 2012
am intested too chiagozienwachukwu@gmail.com
Re: Crazy Things Done During Job Hunting by Xorcyst(m): 5:48am On Dec 07, 2012
I concluded my nysc in Feb 07 and became a lil paranoid from job hunting and low self esteem. Every time I drove out I thought the guards were laughing at me. I had 1st bank, GTB, NBC, NB n access bank test (which I wrote soaked from head to toe). I passed all yet no cigar!!! My nephew had started to stand n I thot he was laughing @ me too.

Eventually in Aug 07 1st bank called and I joined the training school. Immediatelyu I accepted all other employers started making offers. Fast forward to 2011. I resigned after over 3 years service; went for my MSc n just returned home. I am of a new mind-set now. Just started searching for a job but not on that VI exodus P. When a job is ear marked for u; u will get it. Just do your part n show up for your interviews. Cheers
Re: Crazy Things Done During Job Hunting by Odycute(f): 10:04pm On Sep 03, 2013
[quote
author=Jojo Armani]God!! Dis thread is really scares me. God abeg O o I
dont want to go through all dis while searching for Job. [/quote} .me 2

Degrees Vs Experience, Which Helps You Get A Job Faster? / 1.2 Million Applicants Applied For 1,112 Nigeria Immigration Jobs / Ekiti: TESCOM Teachers Recruitment 2019. How To Apply