Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Imo To Establish Four New Universities. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Imo To Establish Four New Universities. (8533 Views)

Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities / Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers / FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by mkmyers45(m): 12:07pm On Jul 07, 2012
warrior01: Education is now a misplaced priority? You guys are just too pathetic. If education is now a 'misplaced priority' why don't guys try ignorance.

Dude how do you create four universities in a state like imo? I bet you dont get it do you?
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 07, 2012
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Ejine(m): 12:11pm On Jul 07, 2012
youngchopper: ‎ع عسثمثءء هةلاثؤهمم ‏‎ wat rubish partern of leadership is that. U nur uselex governor needs a brain scan.

Bia nwoke anyi o. This Boko Haram handwriting, na im be de new one wey una don learn?
Una don tire of that boxboxbox thing wey una normally dey put?
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 07, 2012
wamby: Rochas is a confused man, those hailing him in everything he does , dont allow ur emotions of his goodwill becloud ur sense of judgement. Am just watching his admistration, pple r fooled wit his process dat brought him in, he just running govervance without taking certain issues into consideration, He just enjoy pple hailing him and doin things dat wont ve continuation, Governance is not an NGO u run any way u feel, i first faulted him wen he tot of fourth tier govt conflicting local government chairmen n council duty wit community speaker, secondly, giving every child in schl #100 does dat make sense,( if he places first ten in every schl wit a particular amount dat worth it, it wont be a bad idea, and our imolites students would work harder) thirdly, providing free uniform and sandals after providing free education, wat is the price of accuring education, there must a sacrifice of somthing to valve it( free education is a just thing u can provide for the poor adding anyoda thing will make the poor lazy), ther must be price to pay for sucess. lastly, playing politics wit intellectuals from imo state by relocating imsu to his village and try to play wit our us dat he wld build four university in imo state, my fellow brothers from orlu senatorial zone, dz is a politics of divide and run, dont see it as an aggitation but a politics of divide and run. My able governor didnt behave like a stateman. B4 u pour ur venom on me....., am a great fan of Owelle Rochas okoroacha just i ve learnt to speak wat is right in my weakest moment, Let us hold our leaders accountable in discharging ther duties wen the try to tell us things dat r not possible and tell us the will make an impossible possible wit sure statement, lets be analytic and not belive in miracle in a reality of life....

Bro, you don't really know Rochas. Rochas spent tangible time in the North, go and ask them what he did for them. At one time, he was director of Red cross in Nigeria. I am sure that experience shaped him. He is well respected in Kano because of what he did for them. He built standard schools in kano. Most notably along Airport road.

What did your brother Achike Udenwa do for you? In fact, Orlu need education more than any place in Imo. It is a shame the level of ignorance in that place. I am sure you know what i am talking about. Our orlu young brothers ought to be educated so that they can desist from some bad behaviours they engage in both business wise and otherwise. Ohakim is just a stone throw from my hometown. Yet we made sure he was defeated because of his imcompetence and arrogance.

Imsu is being upgraded. Owerri needs to be decongested. Other towns should be developed too.

He is only there a little more than a year and have accomplished what no other Governor has since the time of Sam Mbakwe.

He is damed if he does, damned if he doesn't.

God, what does the world want ?

1 Like

Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by shaneroberts26: 12:25pm On Jul 07, 2012
wamby: Rochas is a confused man, those hailing him in everything he does , dont allow ur emotions of his goodwill becloud ur sense of judgement. Am just watching his admistration, pple r fooled wit his process dat brought him in, he just running govervance without taking certain issues into consideration, He just enjoy pple hailing him and doin things dat wont ve continuation, Governance is not an NGO u run any way u feel, i first faulted him wen he tot of fourth tier govt conflicting local government chairmen n council duty wit community speaker, secondly, giving every child in schl #100 does dat make sense,( if he places first ten in every schl wit a particular amount dat worth it, it wont be a bad idea, and our imolites students would work harder) thirdly, providing free uniform and sandals after providing free education, wat is the price of accuring education, there must a sacrifice of somthing to valve it( free education is a just thing u can provide for the poor adding anyoda thing will make the poor lazy), ther must be price to pay for sucess. lastly, playing politics wit intellectuals from imo state by relocating imsu to his village and try to play wit our us dat he wld build four university in imo state, my fellow brothers from orlu senatorial zone, dz is a politics of divide and run, dont see it as an aggitation but a politics of divide and run. My able governor didnt behave like a stateman. B4 u pour ur venom on me....., am a great fan of Owelle Rochas okoroacha just i ve learnt to speak wat is right in my weakest moment, Let us hold our leaders accountable in discharging ther duties wen the try to tell us things dat r not possible and tell us the will make an impossible possible wit sure statement, lets be analytic and not belive in miracle in a reality of life....
.Hav u FINISHED?
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Dipwater(m): 12:26pm On Jul 07, 2012
Olodostein:

It is well known that some people are out there trying to undermine his leadership efforts with the kidnapping menace. The way you came across with that statement, suggest You could be one of them.

Despite the fact that it happened all of a sudden in Imo compared to other states that have turned a blind eye to insecurity in their own backyards. I have a bad news for you fella.

Rochas has taken action. Imo house of assembly passed a resolution introducing capital punishment also known as Death penalty for anyone caught red handed in the act.

So, if you are one of them or have friends or who are. Bettter tell them to reprent ASAP or else, their days are number. Communities are at work in pin pointing the culprits out.

Friend next time read and understand very well b4 spewing thrash .friend don't allow ur luv 4 rochas blind u actually he is working fine! But there some stewpid things dat rochas has done and he is still doing that doesn't go well with people in the state .let's take the issue of erecting gates in the state capital which did nt go well with the residents in owerri town. Etc don't biliv the hype our leaders are the same .do u know dat most of the projects are handled by his company roche foundation. I live in owerri there is nothing u can tell me about owerri dat I don't know. I wldnt blame cuz like they say luv is blind
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2012
mkmyers45:

Dude how do you create four universities in a state like imo? I bet you dont get it do you?

Read well. In partnership with Foreign based universities. In foreign countries, they have a university or community colleges in every community. If Rochas had his way, it should be like that in all the 27 local governments to decongest the lecture halls.
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by shaneroberts26: 12:33pm On Jul 07, 2012
Cupidkc: Lol...4 new universities? Haba,ds sounds like a joke to me. Gov. Rochas, y nt wrk on IMSU and bring it upto atleast 80% standard. Ur only state university IMSU hv poor labs,with high sch fees.
And hav u been to d new IMSU site at Ogboko in Ideato L.G.A?I hav and to say dat i was impressed would b an understatemnt.Please,dont just sit in ur house and say or type wot u dont kno.
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by OperaMini1(m): 12:39pm On Jul 07, 2012
Rochas and noise making. If i remember correctly, one of those universities, which he said will be sighted at Ngor-Okpala is owned by the Jesuits (an Int'l Catholic outfit). so why would the Jesuits need his 400 million?
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 07, 2012
Dipwater:

Friend next time read and understand very well b4 spewing thrash .friend don't allow ur luv 4 rochas blind u actually he is working fine! But there some stewpid things dat rochas has done and he is still doing that doesn't go well with people in the state .let's take the issue of erecting gates in the state capital which did nt go well with the residents in owerri town. Etc don't biliv the hype our leaders are the same .do u know dat most of the projects are handled by his company roche foundation. I live in owerri there is nothing u can tell me about owerri dat I don't know. I wldnt blame cuz like they say luv is blind

Next time friend. Do not come on here and exagerate what you fundamentally know nothing about. I visit Owerri often, so i don't need false info from afar.

And here you are complaining of kidnapping and whatnot. Why are you contradicting yourself? If erecting gates would increase security and bring more sanity, then so be it. until the culprits come to their senses .

I am aware of Rochs construction. But there are also other companies like the chinese, germans I saw. Besides, if his company can get the job done unlike others that looted in collaboration with berger, then so be it.

No man is perfect and everyone is prone to mistakes. But the day Rochas goes utterly haywire and start to take us for a LONG ride. We will show him the Ohakim lane.

For those screaming jobs, jobs. Use your head for once. Opportunities abound. Better yet, go into farming. The land is very fertile with good weather. You can be an employer of labour.

Geesz.....
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jul 07, 2012
emiye: Sounds like misplaced priorities
You be real enemy of progress.
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 07, 2012
shaneroberts26: And hav u been to d new IMSU site at Ogboko in Ideato L.G.A?I hav and to say dat i was impressed would b an understatemnt.Please,dont just sit in ur house and say or type wot u dont kno.

Leave the whinner. Let him keep whinning over a done and sealed deal. Instead of him to start thinking of future investments; the possibility of buying cheap land and building off campus hostels for students in the future before the price sky rocket.

Imo state does not start and end with Owerri. Other towns and in fact hamlets must and should be developed to 21century standard. LOL.
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by AustineE1: 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2012
...Rochas even the heavens appreciates your deeds!ride on, for God is with you,you can only get better!Ala Owerri amalla mma!!!chukwu dube gu!APGA governors are making us proud,same as Anambra!
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by wadoski: 2:09pm On Jul 07, 2012
As a concerned Imolite I would prefer the governor concentrate more on quality and standard than on quantity. 4 new universities may be good but proper funding will certainly be an issue. With the uncertainties in the global energy market and the concomittant effect on revenue generation in Nigeria the four universities and older ones like IMSU will suffer, so in the long run the advantages today will be cancelled by the disadvantages 2moro. His best bet d/4 is to spend more money on Imsu to raise the quality and standard as a better intellectually equipped graduate will most likely meet the challenges of 2moro.
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Reference(m): 2:12pm On Jul 07, 2012
ZUBY77:

Opposte of the Enugu Governor who says nothing and performs like a wizard.

Really. Been a while since I was there. Love to go back.
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Reference(m): 2:16pm On Jul 07, 2012
Olodostein:

Bro, you don't really know Rochas. Rochas spent tangible time in the North, go and ask them what he did for them. At one time, he was director of Red cross in Nigeria. I am sure that experience shaped him. He is well respected in Kano because of what he did for them. He built standard schools in kano. Most notably along Airport road.

What did your brother Achike Udenwa do for you? In fact, Orlu need education more than any place in Imo. It is a shame the level of ignorance in that place. I am sure you know what i am talking about. Our orlu young brothers ought to be educated so that they can desist from some bad behaviours they engage in both business wise and otherwise. Ohakim is just a stone throw from my hometown. Yet we made sure he was defeated because of his imcompetence and arrogance.

Imsu is being upgraded. Owerri needs to be decongested. Other towns should be developed too.

He is only there a little more than a year and have accomplished what no other Governor has since the time of Sam Mbakwe.

He is damed if he does, damned if he doesn't.

God, what does the world want ?

Yeah. Guess so. I think people should be a tad more patient.
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by drnoel: 2:35pm On Jul 07, 2012
nwabobo: Imo State government says it has, in collaboration with four foreign based universities, concluded plans to establish four new universities in the state this year.

Disclosing this cheering news to newsmen in Owerri before he left for Lagos, Governor Rochas Okorocha said the arrangement was in line with the free education programme of his administration for Imo children.

“The measure would help accommodate the overwhelming number of Imo indigenes seeking admission into institutions of higher learning in the country”, Okorocha explained.

Answering a question, the Governor said government has released the sum of N400 million in addition to what he termed “other logistics”, to ensure immediate take off of the projects.
Continuing, the Governor said his administration would in September this year, commence the distribution of free uniforms, sandals, desks and books to all primary and secondary school students, adding that this is part of the plan to encourage education in the state.

He frowned at a situation where parents and guardians engaged their children and wards in economic activities during school hours at the detriment of their education.

Governor Okorocha gave an assurance that education would remain a top priority of his administration and passionately appealed to parents and guardians to take advantage of the free education policy and educate their children.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/imo-to-establish-four-new-universities/

look at this man!!!!
They already have about 4 glorified secondary schools and he is taking about 4 more new universitites.
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Ladytemi(f): 3:27pm On Jul 07, 2012
All this is misplaced priorities. Instead of establishing new schools, how about fixing the problems with the current schools. It does not matter how many schools you have if the education beinf received is sub-standard.
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by davmor(m): 3:51pm On Jul 07, 2012
Waow!! whatsoever we call it, it must be recognized as a welcome development in our Eastern part!!
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by doctokwus: 4:01pm On Jul 07, 2012
Curious.If there was plan of establishing 4 new universities,y move imsu frm its present location,y not establish one of d new univ in d new site.I hope he is not acting b4 planning
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by kildran: 4:12pm On Jul 07, 2012
4 new substandard universities! The latest addition to Nigeria's problems, now we want to mass produce educated illiterates. This kind of decision has a mass appeal, but it is flawed. This guy is too much of a politician.
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Rockefeller: 4:30pm On Jul 07, 2012
iiiyyyk: Rochas tooooooooooooooooooooooooo talk.

how many of the graduated once has he given job?

what a pity?you guys are too funny.
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by vanunu: 4:40pm On Jul 07, 2012
For those who don't know, Rochas has already established a standard Technical college located at the old Imo newspaper complex. The place is completely renovated and looks beautiful, though I don't know the equipment that is inside. The head of the college is a white man.
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 07, 2012
Lady temi: All this is misplaced priorities. Instead of establishing new schools, how about fixing the problems with the current schools. It does not matter how many schools you have if the education beinf received is sub-standard.

Over-crowdedness: Tend to put a strain on limited facilities in a given university.

It also encourages admission scam.

Sorting and also girls selling themselves to lecturers to pass.

With new reputable universities scattered across town , it gives prospective students more options to choose school within the state.

The crowd I saw the other day wanting to buy POST UTME forms was unbelievable, to the extent that bank officials are beginning to take advantage of it.

And besides who told you people that it won't be up to standard ? Why not give him space and then come back to judge if its substandard or not, after studies must have commenced.
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Okukk(m): 4:49pm On Jul 07, 2012
This is a good trend, but an enabling environment needs to be created
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Afam4eva(m): 6:22pm On Jul 07, 2012
AK 48: I prefer affordable quality education to free substandard education.
Let the truth be told,it s better to sponsor brilliant student free than sponsor people that won't value it,only to go and hawk after school(for the second n primary version)
Everybody has to be given an opportunity to have an education first before we start talking about quality. let those than have the affluence to get a quality education go ahead but those without the financial muscle to get it have to settle for an education that is not up to par but will put them on a pedestal to go further in life.
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Clemzy16(m): 6:23pm On Jul 07, 2012
That's a nice move... The number of universites in Naijanistan cannot accomodate the amount of timing youths seeking admission into various institutions.. I'd be very glad if other state will emulate this movement....
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by billyG(m): 6:29pm On Jul 07, 2012
I wish that proposed new universities is 4 new industries if only wishes could be horses cry cry
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by ibscrib: 7:28pm On Jul 07, 2012
Me dey serve for Imo now, the orientation camp no try @all, security? La, the camp is wide open for any kind of person to come in, Road? La, The guy didn't even show up for the swearing in ceremony, he's deputy though, I know someone would say must he come...if truly he's got package for societal development, am sure he wouldn't joke with corp members, when he doesn't even pay a dine to them as allowee, it sucks, all this TV governors sef...God dey
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Ideevic(m): 7:47pm On Jul 07, 2012
God help him.this wil make him outstanding in the achievement of free university education.this good policy.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Flood: University Of Ibadan Loses Fish Farm, Zoo Animals, Books Worth Billions / 25 Greatest Unsolved Mysteries Ever / Those Waiting For Nasarawa State University Admission List Lets Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.