Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Imo To Establish Four New Universities. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Imo To Establish Four New Universities. (8527 Views)

Jonathan Appoints Vice-Chancellors For 5 New Universities / Osun Donates Opon Imo To teachers / FEC Approves 3 New Universities For Northern Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by nwabobo: 2:03am On Jul 07, 2012
Imo State government says it has, in collaboration with four foreign based universities, concluded plans to establish four new universities in the state this year.

Disclosing this cheering news to newsmen in Owerri before he left for Lagos, Governor Rochas Okorocha said the arrangement was in line with the free education programme of his administration for Imo children.

“The measure would help accommodate the overwhelming number of Imo indigenes seeking admission into institutions of higher learning in the country”, Okorocha explained.

Answering a question, the Governor said government has released the sum of N400 million in addition to what he termed “other logistics”, to ensure immediate take off of the projects.
Continuing, the Governor said his administration would in September this year, commence the distribution of free uniforms, sandals, desks and books to all primary and secondary school students, adding that this is part of the plan to encourage education in the state.

He frowned at a situation where parents and guardians engaged their children and wards in economic activities during school hours at the detriment of their education.

Governor Okorocha gave an assurance that education would remain a top priority of his administration and passionately appealed to parents and guardians to take advantage of the free education policy and educate their children.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/imo-to-establish-four-new-universities/

3 Likes

Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by emiye(m): 5:28am On Jul 07, 2012
Sounds like misplaced priorities

2 Likes

Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by mkmyers45(m): 8:19am On Jul 07, 2012
emiye: Sounds like misplaced priorities
True..
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Murphy7h4: 8:26am On Jul 07, 2012
Thanks a lot
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by warrior01: 9:18am On Jul 07, 2012
Education is now a misplaced priority? You guys are just too pathetic. If education is now a 'misplaced priority' why don't you guys try ignorance.

9 Likes

Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 07, 2012
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Another abracadabra bs - the more you look, the less you see..

Who's going to pay for the four universities? undecided
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by miteolu(m): 10:24am On Jul 07, 2012
This governor promised free education up to university levels. Something is missing.These four universities are they part of his free education in universities?

Ref: http://nigerianuniversitynews.com/2012/06/free-education-in-imo-state-tertiary-institutions-gov-rochas.html
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by iiiyyyk(m): 10:28am On Jul 07, 2012
Rochas tooooooooooooooooooooooooo talk.

how many of the graduated once has he given job?

2 Likes

Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by AK481(m): 10:29am On Jul 07, 2012
I prefer affordable quality education to free substandard education.
Let the truth be told,it s better to sponsor brilliant student free than sponsor people that won't value it,only to go and hawk after school(for the second n primary version)

2 Likes

Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by dewale2k: 10:31am On Jul 07, 2012
okororocha does not understand what it takes to set up a standard university. Meanwhile none of Nigerians' 127 universities is of international standard so why setting up new ones?

2 Likes

Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Lordave: 10:35am On Jul 07, 2012
I love dat state. 4 all those saying thrash, just find the nearest river & start mopping it.

14 Likes

Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Tsmooth1(m): 10:44am On Jul 07, 2012
New Universities to sell firstclass abi? abeg NUC dont give them licence.

2 Likes

Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by kizito96(m): 10:52am On Jul 07, 2012
This man thinks he is talking to fools. He is the most hyped Governor, He talks any how. Go to Imo State there is nothing on ground to show any meaningful development only news paper talk
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by wandeay: 11:01am On Jul 07, 2012
nice one okocha, sorry, okorocha, if only my governor can imitate you, my state would hav been mor beta dan dis
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 07, 2012
Welldone My amiable Governor! "Ibu Nwoke oma ndi Imo ji aga Mba"
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Pakavy(m): 11:12am On Jul 07, 2012
c confusion!
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by kylepinsky: 11:15am On Jul 07, 2012
na imo want carry all the universities in Nigeria na them read pass
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by youngchopper(m): 11:15am On Jul 07, 2012
Atlease d man is trying. N also my enugu state governor is workin aswell. Was in anambra last week that state is a disgrace to the world. "Governor peter obi"‎‏ ش يهسلقشؤث فح فاث صاحمث ‏‎ is a disgrace. May he die a useless death n may his body neva see peace uselex man. Anambra has no single road nt even one good roadصحقميزهس
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Afam4eva(m): 11:21am On Jul 07, 2012
youngchopper: Atlease d man is trying. N also my enugu state governor is workin aswell. Was in anambra last week that state is a disgrace to the world. "Governor peter obi"‎‏ ش يهسلقشؤث فح فاث صاحمث ‏‎ is a disgrace. May he die a useless death n may his body neva see peace uselex man. Anambra has no single road nt even one good roadصحقميزهس
Why the insult on the person of Governor Peter Obi? If you don't agree with his style of leadership just say so and don't wish for his death. Are you mad?

@topic
While I think building 4 new universities is a misplaced priority as the current one can nbe expandede to accomodate more students, I think Rochas is trying to build new universities in all the zones to give them a sense of belonging.

1 Like

Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by SpiritofOkija(m): 11:23am On Jul 07, 2012
nwabobo: Imo State government says it has, in collaboration with four foreign based universities, concluded plans to establish four new universities in the state this year.

Disclosing this cheering news to newsmen in Owerri before he left for Lagos, Governor Rochas Okorocha said the arrangement was in line with the free education programme of his administration for Imo children.

“The measure would help accommodate the overwhelming number of Imo indigenes seeking admission into institutions of higher learning in the country”, Okorocha explained.

Answering a question, the Governor said government has released the sum of N400 million in addition to what he termed “other logistics”, to ensure immediate take off of the projects.
Continuing, the Governor said his administration would in September this year, commence the distribution of free uniforms, sandals, desks and books to all primary and secondary school students, adding that this is part of the plan to encourage education in the state.

He frowned at a situation where parents and guardians engaged their children and wards in economic activities during school hours at the detriment of their education.

Governor Okorocha gave an assurance that education would remain a top priority of his administration and passionately appealed to parents and guardians to take advantage of the free education policy and educate their children.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/imo-to-establish-four-new-universities/

The government would begin the distribution of "free desks".... Were the children supposed to learn on the floor before.?

Universities all over and I am yet to hear anything about technical colleges .. Abi skilled labour has no place in Imo State..

Other states are busy with solid sustainable infrastructure, rochas is busy building schools.. I wonder where these grads would all work? IMO state civil service I guess...

Rochas is still a person that has a 5000lbs rhino as a wife... angry
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by shaneroberts26: 11:27am On Jul 07, 2012
emiye: Sounds like misplaced priorities
.I feel lyk meetin u in person in oder to teach u a lesson of ur lyf.I dont blame u,i blame Seun for not puttin an age barrier durin registerations. Nitwit.

1 Like

Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Dipwater(m): 11:31am On Jul 07, 2012
4 those dat have not been to imo state b4 eh, criously the man dey try no be small ,a lot has changed sha but the man sef too dey talk .he shuld focus on areas dat need attention like the issue of flood on amakohia and imsu/civil defence bus stop and the one at okigwe round about .the roads shuld be completed and some of the road project were not done properly
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by youngchopper(m): 11:35am On Jul 07, 2012
afam4eva:
Why the insult on the person of Governor Peter Obi? If you don't agree with his style of leadership just say so and don't wish for his death. Are you mad?

@topic
While I think building 4 new universities is a misplaced priority as the current one can nbe expandede to accomodate more students, I think Rochas is trying to build new universities in all the zones to give them a sense of belonging.
‎ع عسثمثءء هةلاثؤهمم ‏‎ wat rubish partern of leadership is that. U nur uselex governor needs a brain scan.
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 11:38am On Jul 07, 2012
God bless u,mr governor.And 4 does of u try 2 bring dis achivement down,grow up if u have noting 2 say,zip ur mouth.
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Dipwater(m): 11:43am On Jul 07, 2012
Rochas shuld also beefup the security in imo state cuz kidnappers have gone crazy even the lizards in imo state are not safe anymore. And politicians in naija shuld stop playing politics with our resources
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by wamby(m): 11:44am On Jul 07, 2012
Rochas is a confused man, those hailing him in everything he does , dont allow ur emotions of his goodwill becloud ur sense of judgement. Am just watching his admistration, pple r fooled wit his process dat brought him in, he just running govervance without taking certain issues into consideration, He just enjoy pple hailing him and doin things dat wont ve continuation, Governance is not an NGO u run any way u feel, i first faulted him wen he tot of fourth tier govt conflicting local government chairmen n council duty wit community speaker, secondly, giving every child in schl #100 does dat make sense,( if he places first ten in every schl wit a particular amount dat worth it, it wont be a bad idea, and our imolites students would work harder) thirdly, providing free uniform and sandals after providing free education, wat is the price of accuring education, there must a sacrifice of somthing to valve it( free education is a just thing u can provide for the poor adding anyoda thing will make the poor lazy), ther must be price to pay for sucess. lastly, playing politics wit intellectuals from imo state by relocating imsu to his village and try to play wit our us dat he wld build four university in imo state, my fellow brothers from orlu senatorial zone, dz is a politics of divide and run, dont see it as an aggitation but a politics of divide and run. My able governor didnt behave like a stateman. B4 u pour ur venom on me....., am a great fan of Owelle Rochas okoroacha just i ve learnt to speak wat is right in my weakest moment, Let us hold our leaders accountable in discharging ther duties wen the try to tell us things dat r not possible and tell us the will make an impossible possible wit sure statement, lets be analytic and not belive in miracle in a reality of life....

2 Likes

Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Nobody: 11:44am On Jul 07, 2012
I cannot believe the level of civility when i visited. Clean, green and well planned with on going projects all over. These universities and the education of our children will pay off in the long run.

This is what I am talking about. Quality education should be part of our DNA. I am glad that Imolites understands this and are working towards it. We need to prepare our children for the modern economy which is knowledge base. Entrepreneurship endeavours are under way to creat a sustainable green economy in Imo. We don't want baseless traditional industries that will pollute and contaminate our natural habitat.

Gov Rochas. We Imolites are taking note. Just like the CEO of zinox have donated funds and equipment and a prof in UK donated books. Setting up of Trust funds are under way where Imolites all over can contribute for the actualisation of our mammoth dream.

Let us make hay while the sun shines.

Long Live the Rescue Mission.

May you live long Rochas.
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Dondbuzor: 11:50am On Jul 07, 2012
youngchopper: Atlease d man is trying. N also my enugu state governor is workin aswell. Was in anambra last week that state is a disgrace to the world. "Governor peter obi"‎‏ ش يهسلقشؤث فح فاث صاحمث ‏‎ is a disgrace. May he die a useless death n may his body neva see peace uselex man. Anambra has no single road nt even one good roadصحقميزهس
Congratulations, u have won d dumbest fool award for saying above.
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Cupidkc(m): 11:52am On Jul 07, 2012
Lol...4 new universities? Haba,ds sounds like a joke to me. Gov. Rochas, y nt wrk on IMSU and bring it upto atleast 80% standard. Ur only state university IMSU hv poor labs,with high sch fees.
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Nobody: 11:52am On Jul 07, 2012
Ignorance is not opposite of education.u may be well-informed and not education.orthodox education is nothing.
warrior01: Education is now a misplaced priority? You guys are just too pathetic. If education is now a 'misplaced priority' why don't guys try ignorance.
Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by Nobody: 11:57am On Jul 07, 2012
Dipwater: Rochas shuld also beefup the security in imo state cuz kidnappers have gone crazy even the lizards in imo state are not safe anymore. And politicians in naija shuld stop playing politics with our resources

It is well known that some people are out there trying to undermine his leadership efforts with the kidnapping menace. The way you came across with that statement, suggest You could be one of them.

Despite the fact that it happened all of a sudden in Imo compared to other states that have turned a blind eye to insecurity in their own backyards. I have a bad news for you fella.

Rochas has taken action. Imo house of assembly passed a resolution introducing capital punishment also known as Death penalty for anyone caught red handed in the act.

So, if you are one of them or have friends or who are. Bettter tell them to reprent ASAP or else, their days are number. Communities are at work in pin pointing the culprits out.

1 Like

Re: Imo To Establish Four New Universities. by ZUBY77(m): 12:04pm On Jul 07, 2012
kizito96: This man thinks he is talking to fools. He is the most hyped Governor, He talks any how. Go to Imo State there is nothing on ground to show any meaningful development only news paper talk

Opposte of the Enugu Governor who says nothing and performs like a wizard.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

WAEC Seizes Results Of Over 7000 Candidates For Examination Malpractice / Shortlisted Candidates For Nigerian Agip Oil Company (naoc)scholarship Exam 2015 / LAUTECH: We Are Incapacitated Not Insensitive - Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.