Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,752 members, 7,840,929 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants (13139 Views)

I Never Said Nigeria Will Burn If I Open Up – Jonathan’s Ex-adc, Col Adegbe / Colonel Adegbe, Jonathan's Ex-ADC Arrested - TheWillNigeria / Patience Jonathan's Ex-Security Aide Who Was Assassinated (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by kiyosaki1(m): 8:29pm On Jul 07, 2012
The financial prudence Jonathan promised to institute remains a mirage. Official figures show that as Acting President and then President, Jonathan drew down the Excess Crude Account, ECA, to less than $500 million from the over $6 billion left behind by his predecessor, Umaru Yar’Adua, in a matter of months. His government has continued to borrow, hugely raising the country’s domestic and external debts. According to the Debt Management Office, the country’s domestic debt rose from US$14 billion in 2007 to $21 billion by 2010 under Yar’Adua. Within a year, Jonathan ramped up domestic borrowing to US$32 billion, a borrowing of $11 billion in less than 12 months.

External debt also increased from $3.719 billion at the end of 2009 to $5.227 billion by March 2011. Yet, no new power station, seaport, rail network or interstate road was completed during the period.[b][/b]
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by ifeci: 8:31pm On Jul 07, 2012
[b]Karl max:[/b]and Ʊ another user id paid some FAROUKAS to come and peddle rumours spread lies and deceit

I am not like u! I hv not sold my conscience for money! what do you say when pple ask u wot u do 4 a living, like where do u work? do u tell them the truth? that u work tirelessly & aimlessly on Nairaland trying to win votes for ur master? r u dt bold?
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by karlmax2: 8:34pm On Jul 07, 2012
kiyosaki1:

The financial prudence Jonathan promised to institute remains a mirage. Official figures show that as Acting President and then President, Jonathan drew down the Excess Crude Account, ECA, to less than $500 million from the over $6 billion left behind by his predecessor, Umaru Yar’Adua, in a matter of months. His government has continued to borrow, hugely raising the country’s domestic and external debts. According to the Debt Management Office, the country’s domestic debt rose from US$14 billion in 2007 to $21 billion by 2010 under Yar’Adua. Within a year, Jonathan ramped up domestic borrowing to US$32 billion, a borrowing of $11 billion in less than 12 months.

External debt also increased from $3.719 billion at the end of 2009 to $5.227 billion by March 2011. Yet, no new power station, seaport, rail network or interstate road was completed during the period.[b][/b]
pls the ECA account is shared by the federal and state government go and ask ur governor and LG chairman what they did with theirs more over here is the new figure of the ECA

Nigeria: FG Increases Excess Crude Account to N1.6 Trillion
BY ELIZABETH ARCHIBONG, 26 JUNE 2012
Comment
THE Federal Government has as part of an immediate plan to provide a buffer for the economy increased the Excess Crude Account (ECA) from N848 billioin ($5.3 billion) to N1.6 trillion ($10 billion).

This was part of the high points of the decision taken Monday by the National Economic Council (NEC) to protect the economy for at least three months from a possible global recession.

While expressing confidence in the economy, the National Economic Council stated, 'the economy is in good standing but pointed out the need for more judicious borrowing and application of funds by different levels of government.'

Other measures taken to protect the economy, according to Amaechi, include support for the President in his plans to appoint members of the Sovereign Wealth Funds Board of Directors including the Managing director, CEO as well as the executive and non- executive directors which is expected to come 'after a painstaking and credible recruitment process.'

The council's decision came following a presentation made by the Finance Minister and Co-ordinating Minister of the Economy (CME), Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala on the Implementation Update on the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Athority (NSIA) as well as the need to protect Nigeria's economy from the persisting global economic crisis.

Council also considered the report of the Inter-Ministerial Teams on the recent Nation-wide inspection of 111 Federal Ministry of Water Resources Projects across the country by the Minister of Water Resources, Mrs Sarah Ochekpe.

The report noted that the projects, which are at various stages of completion, require about N191.7 billion for completion, following which the Council recommended that all on-going projects should be completed to achieve meaningful development and avail Nigerians the opportunity of benefiting from the intended gains of the projects.

Both the Federal and State Governments will also partner to ensure that the various water, irrigation and dam projects are completed in a more beneficial and sustainable manner.

It directed Directorates of the Federal Ministry of Water Resources in the states and the state governments to jointly review the details of the projects to enable the government work out the funding arrangements and prepare a framework for completion of the projects.

Federal and the states are also to collaborate in the budgetary processes of some strategic ministries including Water Resources, Health, Education and works going forward, to promote synergy in projects implementation

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on MDGs Dr (Mrs) Precious Gbeneol, also briefed the Council on the N20.5 billion and N15 billion MDGs Fund for 2012 available to the States and LGAs respectively to fund development projects upon fulfillment of specified conditions including providing matching funds and bank guarantee bond.

The council advised the States to take advantage of the programme by meeting the required conditions which would enable them to access as much as N550 million per state.

It also mandated the MDGs office to provide a quarterly report on the progress made by the States as a means of gauging the overall progress made towards 2015.

Also speaking on Child Trafficking, the National Agency for the Prohibition of traffic in Persons (NAPTIP) also made a presentation to the Council on the growing incidence of trafficking and child labour and the danger they pose to the country's growth and development.

NEC said it noted the worsening development and backed the range of measures recommended by NAPTIP to check trafficking including deepening public enlightenment, rehabilitation and reintegrating of victims, establishing vocational centres for youths training, effective prosecution of traffickers and functional policing of our borders.

The council therefore recommended greater collaboration with the State and LGAs to address the push factors of trafficking and child labour.f
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by karlmax2: 8:39pm On Jul 07, 2012
ifeci:

I am not like u! I hv not sold my conscience for money! what do you say when pple ask u wot u do 4 a living, like where do u work? do u tell them the truth? that u work tirelessly & aimlessly on Nairaland trying to win votes for ur master? r u dt bold?
that's why were in a forum disprove what you call lies with fact!! And proof them wrong instead of the usual antic of dedeike is dis and that.show us that they are lying by disproving their facts!!!
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by ifeci: 8:47pm On Jul 07, 2012
^^^Oga u r on a full time employment, u r working hard to earn ur salary so I am not surprised that u always have ur doctored facts at ur beck & call. As for me I don't earn my money through deceiving pple like (Beaf = Karl max = mandela guy x etc)exponential(who knows how many more) does.
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by BENZINA(m): 9:24pm On Jul 07, 2012
Old Ifeci stop dancing naked in the market place;is Yar*adua more reliable than Jonathan?
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 07, 2012
musKeeto: Ah finally, tribalism and 'my broda' beginning to hit back at its proponents.. make i lie down watch this show..
[img]http://woahnigeria.files./2011/06/block.jpg[/img]
na wa o, which levels be dis 1 again? Imagine if dis guy come stil go hellfire after going tru dis current hell called 9ja. Wahala dey o
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by TheDoc: 9:41pm On Jul 07, 2012
kiyosaki1: Tell me one single developmental project dat GEJ has executed since his assumption of office apart frm what Yar'adua did b4 his demise. If u cant point at anything, den shut up ur stinking mouths, cos u're just a bunch of bigots. Jonathan is a failure, just accept it. I wonder what he'll be rememberred for after his fruitless tenure.
BOKO BOYS, he said he will end it by june and today is 7th july
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by dedeike: 10:32pm On Jul 07, 2012
@kiyosaki@Thedoc

The transformation agenda is on course. Reforms are ongoing in every sector. The finance ministry is carrying out bio metric evaluation of federal civil servants to reduce waste. There is the new integrated online payment system which helps the minister monitor transfer of public funds. Our foreign reserves have risen again to 37 billion dollars. There's the proposed Soveriegn Wealth Fund to cater for excess oil sale proceeds.
In Energy, a lot of reforms. The president is keen on transparency and thus has set up probes into the sector viz KPMG AUDIT and AIG IMOUKHEDE. The president sought to close the window of corruption by removing subsidy but the cabal misled Labour into a protest. That notwithstanding, the reforms are still ongoing and the full deregulation of the downstream sector being vigorously pursued. Last week, the FG had concluded the PIB which remains a landmark legislation that will revolutionarize the petroleum industry. Refineries are undergoing repairs and an American company, VULCAN is to build six more new refineries.

In roads, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau roads, Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works, dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park, Dualisation of Ibadan -Ilorin, ENUGU-Onitsha, completion of OWERRI -Onitsha, 9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 265 km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia, award of Afikpo-Okigwe, Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass to mention but a few.

In Transport, massive reforms at the ports. Sanitisation and reduction of operating agencies to 7. Introduction of 24 hrs ports operation. Ongoing Construction of light gauge train railways across t4 cardinal point of the federation

In Aviation, massive reconstruction of major airports in the land, Enugu airport is undergoing total rehabilitation. The domestic wing of Abuja airport is also being reconstructed with expansion of roads and car parks. Same fr the international wing and the kano airports

In Education, establishment of 9 new federal universities in less than 1 year. Constructed 2 new campuses of the Nigerian law schools in Yenagoa and Yola respectively. Launched the Almajiri schools for education of itenerant Islamic pupils in the north wFhich Buhari and other northern leaders abandoned. Increased funding to almost 400 billion to education thereby setting an all time highest record. Reinvigorated the inspectorate oversight of schools leading to the revocation of some licenses from universities. Executed the landmark upgrade of university lecturers retirement age from 65 to 70.

In agriculture, for the first time in our history, we have a clearly defined agricultural policy which is targeted towards maximum utilisation of cassava for growth thru the launch of the cassava bread campaign. The policy is intended to reduce our reliance on imported wheat so as to encourage local production of cassava and it's conversion to flour for bakery. The FG has in less than one year eliminated the middlemen cartel that fed fat on fertiliser distribution at the expense of local farmers. Now through deregulation reforms, fertiliser is now accessible in the open market. he has also embarked on massive construction of silos and has increased import duties on the importation of rice in order to encourage local farmers. The efforts of the minister has been so appreciable that the world bank assisted with over 50 billion Naira for fertiliser redistribution scheme/ silos. The CBN has also set up a 500 billion loan scheme which is to assist farmers.

Like the president said during his last media chat, people like You who have found a business in criticizing him should continue while he concentrates on his ongoing reforms. That when most of his reforms I.e power sector reforms, civil service reforms, Energy reforms etc are thru, they will have a rethink.
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by lacasa: 11:21pm On Jul 07, 2012
uzomagic: When did Buhari not use religious sentiments? How many southern states did he visit for electioneering campaigns? Buhari's Nigeria is Nothern Nigeria. I can not fault his integrity but Buhari is a bigot and a religious fundamentalist.

Didn't the state govs tell him no τ̅o come τ̅o their states

2ndly, i ask again pls name where n when he made statements dat prove u̶̲̥̅̊​r cheapp accusations?

Dis is ϑ same man dat has a PASTOR for a running mate, has a driver who is a xtian

Pls, take u̶̲̥̅̊​r cheap lies τ̅o the foolish gossips not wt us
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by jmaine: 11:55pm On Jul 07, 2012
lacasa:

[size=18pt]Didn't the state govs tell him no τ̅o come τ̅o their states[/size]

Please name the state governors who barred Buhari from campaigning in their states in the build up to the election . . Am waiting for your prompt response cool
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by brownlord: 11:58pm On Jul 07, 2012
dedeike: @kiyosaki@Thedoc

The transformation agenda is on course. Reforms are ongoing in every sector. The finance ministry is carrying out bio metric evaluation of federal civil servants to reduce waste. There is the new integrated online payment system which helps the minister monitor transfer of public funds. Our foreign reserves have risen again to 37 billion dollars. There's the proposed Soveriegn Wealth Fund to cater for excess oil sale proceeds.
In Energy, a lot of reforms. The president is keen on transparency and thus has set up probes into the sector viz KPMG AUDIT and AIG IMOUKHEDE. The president sought to close the window of corruption by removing subsidy but the cabal misled Labour into a protest. That notwithstanding, the reforms are still ongoing and the full deregulation of the downstream sector being vigorously pursued. Last week, the FG had concluded the PIB which remains a landmark legislation that will revolutionarize the petroleum industry. Refineries are undergoing repairs and an American company, VULCAN is to build six more new refineries.

In roads, Zaria-Funtua-Gusau roads, Oshodi-Apapa with expansion and drainage works, dedicated bridge frm liverpool roundabout to Tin can ports, trailer park, Dualisation of Ibadan -Ilorin, ENUGU-Onitsha, completion of OWERRI -Onitsha, 9th mile, ongoing reconstruction of Benin-Ore-Sagamu highway measuring over 265 km, Kano-Maidugri Dualisation. Keffi -Akwanga-Lafia, award of Afikpo-Okigwe, Auchi-Okene being handled by Setraco. Loko-Eweta-Karishi bridge, Kolo-Nembe -Brass to mention but a few.

In Transport, massive reforms at the ports. Sanitisation and reduction of operating agencies to 7. Introduction of 24 hrs ports operation. Ongoing Construction of light gauge train railways across t4 cardinal point of the federation

In Aviation, massive reconstruction of major airports in the land, Enugu airport is undergoing total rehabilitation. The domestic wing of Abuja airport is also being reconstructed with expansion of roads and car parks. Same fr the international wing and the kano airports

In Education, establishment of 9 new federal universities in less than 1 year. Constructed 2 new campuses of the Nigerian law schools in Yenagoa and Yola respectively. Launched the Almajiri schools for education of itenerant Islamic pupils in the north wFhich Buhari and other northern leaders abandoned. Increased funding to almost 400 billion to education thereby setting an all time highest record. Reinvigorated the inspectorate oversight of schools leading to the revocation of some licenses from universities. Executed the landmark upgrade of university lecturers retirement age from 65 to 70.

In agriculture, for the first time in our history, we have a clearly defined agricultural policy which is targeted towards maximum utilisation of cassava for growth thru the launch of the cassava bread campaign. The policy is intended to reduce our reliance on imported wheat so as to encourage local production of cassava and it's conversion to flour for bakery. The FG has in less than one year eliminated the middlemen cartel that fed fat on fertiliser distribution at the expense of local farmers. Now through deregulation reforms, fertiliser is now accessible in the open market. he has also embarked on massive construction of silos and has increased import duties on the importation of rice in order to encourage local farmers. The efforts of the minister has been so appreciable that the world bank assisted with over 50 billion Naira for fertiliser redistribution scheme/ silos. The CBN has also set up a 500 billion loan scheme which is to assist farmers.

Like the president said during his last media chat, people like You who have found a business in criticizing him should continue while he concentrates on his ongoing reforms. That when most of his reforms I.e power sector reforms, civil service reforms, Energy reforms etc are thru, they will have a rethink

i warned you before, if you could not calculate how many trailers had an accident only in july x the total numbers of people that lost their life in that same benin ore road, which construction you dey talk about here, come i dont know who you are and i dont care, i dont want to read any of your foolish post on this thread, i don warn you finish, else i go give you dirty slap
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by emmatok(m): 12:00am On Jul 08, 2012
dedeike: @kiyosaki@Thedoc

In Education, establishment of 9 new federal universities in less than 1 year. Constructed 2 new campuses of the Nigerian law schools in Yenagoa and Yola respectively. Launched the Almajiri schools for education of itenerant Islamic pupils cry cry cry in the north wFhich Buhari and other northern leaders abandoned. Increased funding to almost 400 billion to education thereby setting an all time highest record. Reinvigorated the inspectorate oversight of schools leading to the revocation of some licenses from universities. Executed the landmark upgrade of university lecturers retirement age from 65 to 70.

Like the president said during his last media chat, people like You who have found a business in criticizing him should continue while he concentrates on his ongoing reforms. That when most of his reforms I.e power sector reforms, civil service reforms, Energy reforms etc are thru, they will have a rethink.

Are you one of the people GEJ gave 30 LAPTOPS in ABUJA propagate the NL?
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by Beaf: 1:16am On Jul 08, 2012
karl max: pls the ECA account is shared by the federal and state government go and ask ur governor and LG chairman what they did with theirs more over here is the new figure of the ECA

Nigeria: FG Increases Excess Crude Account to N1.6 Trillion
BY ELIZABETH ARCHIBONG, 26 JUNE 2012
Comment
THE Federal Government has as part of an immediate plan to provide a buffer for the economy increased the Excess Crude Account (ECA) from N848 billioin ($5.3 billion) to N1.6 trillion ($10 billion).

This was part of the high points of the decision taken Monday by the National Economic Council (NEC) to protect the economy for at least three months from a possible global recession.

While expressing confidence in the economy, the National Economic Council stated, 'the economy is in good standing but pointed out the need for more judicious borrowing and application of funds by different levels of government.'

Other measures taken to protect the economy, according to Amaechi, include support for the President in his plans to appoint members of the Sovereign Wealth Funds Board of Directors including the Managing director, CEO as well as the executive and non- executive directors which is expected to come 'after a painstaking and credible recruitment process.'

The council's decision came following a presentation made by the Finance Minister and Co-ordinating Minister of the Economy (CME), Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala on the Implementation Update on the Nigeria Sovereign Investment Athority (NSIA) as well as the need to protect Nigeria's economy from the persisting global economic crisis.

Council also considered the report of the Inter-Ministerial Teams on the recent Nation-wide inspection of 111 Federal Ministry of Water Resources Projects across the country by the Minister of Water Resources, Mrs Sarah Ochekpe.

The report noted that the projects, which are at various stages of completion, require about N191.7 billion for completion, following which the Council recommended that all on-going projects should be completed to achieve meaningful development and avail Nigerians the opportunity of benefiting from the intended gains of the projects.

Both the Federal and State Governments will also partner to ensure that the various water, irrigation and dam projects are completed in a more beneficial and sustainable manner.

It directed Directorates of the Federal Ministry of Water Resources in the states and the state governments to jointly review the details of the projects to enable the government work out the funding arrangements and prepare a framework for completion of the projects.

Federal and the states are also to collaborate in the budgetary processes of some strategic ministries including Water Resources, Health, Education and works going forward, to promote synergy in projects implementation

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on MDGs Dr (Mrs) Precious Gbeneol, also briefed the Council on the N20.5 billion and N15 billion MDGs Fund for 2012 available to the States and LGAs respectively to fund development projects upon fulfillment of specified conditions including providing matching funds and bank guarantee bond.

The council advised the States to take advantage of the programme by meeting the required conditions which would enable them to access as much as N550 million per state.

It also mandated the MDGs office to provide a quarterly report on the progress made by the States as a means of gauging the overall progress made towards 2015.

Also speaking on Child Trafficking, the National Agency for the Prohibition of traffic in Persons (NAPTIP) also made a presentation to the Council on the growing incidence of trafficking and child labour and the danger they pose to the country's growth and development.

NEC said it noted the worsening development and backed the range of measures recommended by NAPTIP to check trafficking including deepening public enlightenment, rehabilitation and reintegrating of victims, establishing vocational centres for youths training, effective prosecution of traffickers and functional policing of our borders.

The council therefore recommended greater collaboration with the State and LGAs to address the push factors of trafficking and child labour.f

The guy you responded to is a bit retar'ded, but we are managing him sha. Lol!
We hear about the alarming sums that states like Lagos, Osun, Edo, Rivers etc are borrowing, many never ever question whose account the money their LG's and states borrowing comes out of, yet they claim to be a educated. A shame really.

Because our states and LG's are 100% reliant on awuf and generate absolutely zero, no sane foreign bank would lend them money. All borrowings by LG's and states are carried out on their behalf by the FG. The repayment money comes out of the state or LG's allocation.
Lagos state alone, accounts for 9.4% of Nigeria's external debt.

It is a pity that amongst supposedly educated people, some do not take the time to find out how things works and scream debt from the rooftops, whereas those debts belong to their states and LG's who have no means to repay, except out of the handouts the same FG gives to them. A pathetic state of existence indeed.

People, I'll keep screaming from the rooftops; hold your awuf luv'n lazy phuck LG boss and governor to account. If you cannot do this or preach it, then you are a gargantuan failure who represents all that must be rejected for Nigeria to develop; a failure.
LG bosses and state governors are elected to deliver services, not borrow money and shovel awuf oil money into their personal accounts.

1 Like

Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by Beaf: 1:25am On Jul 08, 2012
What shocks me most is the attitude of high calibre hypocrites like Gbawe, the moral urchin.
When there was militancy in the ND, these were the folk who railed and raged at the "thieves and terrorists." Today, the ex-militants have become Gbawe's hero and wind vane for good leadership.

Dogs will be dogs.

Abeg, make we lef winsh, jare! grin grin grin
Winsh na winsh and winsh must fly!... Until e get accident! grin grin grin

Kpuho! Kpuho!!

Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by lacasa: 2:11am On Jul 08, 2012
jmaine:

Please name the state governors who barred Buhari from campaigning in their states in the build up to the election . . Am waiting for your prompt response cool

Akpabio of Akwa-ibom & sullivan chime

Anϑ they went further τ̅o state †ђªt his safety could not be guaranteed.

Infact one of ϑ governors in th SE states assured GEJj of 90% of his state votes n †ђªt was exactly wat happened.

Wen Buhari coughs PDP shivers n dat is ϑ truth.

Buhari is perhaps the only politician alive dat PdP as a party feears cos they know of his Integrity τ̅o the latter
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by lacasa: 2:11am On Jul 08, 2012
jmaine:

Infact one of ϑ governors in th SE states assured GEJj of 90% of his state votes n †ђªt was exactly wat happened.

Buhari is perhaps the only politician alive dat PdP as a party feears cos they know of his Integrity τ̅o the letter
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by solobanty: 7:31am On Jul 08, 2012
This is the only country i see blessed with wealth but still wallow in poverty because of bad leadership,
naija is a very sorry state.........
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by Gbawe: 8:48am On Jul 08, 2012
Beaf: What shocks me most is the attitude of high calibre hypocrites like Gbawe, the moral urchin.
When there was militancy in the ND, these were the folk who railed and raged at the "thieves and terrorists." Today, the ex-militants have become Gbawe's hero and wind vane for good leadership.

Dogs will be dogs.

Abeg, make we lef winsh, jare! grin grin grin
Winsh na winsh and winsh must fly!... Until e get accident! grin grin grin

Kpuho! Kpuho!!

Dirty, filthy and smelly ashewo, stop shouting Gbawe everywhere. Lord knows I am not the only member of this forum. Please stop following me around like a shameless attention-seeking groupie. Why can you not take your nauseating obsession elsewhere instead of behaving as if Gbawe is your god?
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by putro(m): 9:03am On Jul 08, 2012
mu2sa2: Yes we deserve what we bargained for. Of the 3 leading presidential candidates in 2011 elections GEJ was the least likely to deliver but people voted out of sentiments - religion(he's a Christian), regional(he's south- south), myopic(he had no shoes when he was in primary school), ethnic (he's from my tribe), superstition (his name is Goodluck, so Nigeria will be lucky) . And the PDP completed the charade with massive rigging. So as u lay ur bed so u lie on it.
Thank you my brother i tell them o but they would not listen now don happen dem come they complain but they prefer to learn the truth at death.I wonder when this drama go end.
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by jmaine: 10:15am On Jul 08, 2012
lacasa:

You need to drop this line bruv cos no Southern state ever stopped Buhari from campaigning for his candidacy . . .The man simply thought it not expedient to do so cos he felt only the North can deliver the trophy to him

The state governors who barred him were the Northern State governors of Bauchi and Niger state, a fall out of the post election violence . . .Pointers to that are below

It was gathered that the letter written by Gen. Buhari to visit Minna was turned down by the police based on security reasons. Buhari was scheduled to visit Suleja to pay a condolence visit to victims and families of those affected by the recent bombing of the INEC office in the town.

buhari-under-fire-barred-from-niger

Bauchi State Police Command has confirmed that eleven Youth Corps members were killed across the state in the violence that followed the April 16 presidential election, while an unspecified number of the female Corps members were raped, molested and assaulted by irate youths in Gadau village. 68 suspects have been arrested for the various crimes committed during the crisis, while the CPC presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari has been barred from entering Bauchi for any political activities until security situation improves in the state.

bauchi-killings-68-arrested-as-buhari-is-barred-from-city

lacasa:

The SE were resoulute in their support for GEJ and saw it expedient to go all out enmasse to vote him. even the ultra aged senior citizens in Igbo land defied all odds to vote for Jonathan . . .
If you argue about the voters turn out as being fraudulent, then i might get to listen to you; but if your argument is based on the huge margin of GEJ victory then you are obviously very wrong . . .There is no where Buhari will score higher than he did in the SS and SE region with how he went with his campaign strategy. Repeat that election now and Buhari might even have sub-zero percentage with the whole Boko menace

Lagos State, the undisputed ACN strong hold had GEJ leading with a healthy 65.90% . .How much more the SS and SE region who never hid their desire to even give GEJ a full loaded 100% full support.

Lagos PDP 1281688 65.90%
Lagos ACN 427203 21.96%
Lagos CPC 189983 9.77%

lacasa:

Buhari is perhaps the only politician alive dat PdP as a party feears cos they know of his Integrity τ̅o the letter

The above is Just the usual noise, so it's allowed . .But a Buhari candidacy will make the PDP carry the day at any given time in Nigeria, Fact.

Verdict : Buhari failed woefully in the south cos he simply did not campaign enough for obvious reasons known to him . .And the falsehood that he was barred from campaigning in some Southern States of Nigeria needs to end

Thanks . .
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by four4: 10:49am On Jul 08, 2012
Me de laugh oo,it is not all about education or degree again in nigeria is all about being millitant or boko haram, once being member of bokorite or millitant u are sure of jobs oppotunities, best of the best training both in nigeria and oversea. grin
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by kiyosaki1(m): 11:01am On Jul 08, 2012
Beaf:

The guy you responded to is a bit retar'ded, but we are managing him sha. Lol!
We hear about the alarming sums that states like Lagos, Osun, Edo, Rivers etc are borrowing, many never ever question whose account the money their LG's and states borrowing comes out of, yet they claim to be a educated. A shame really.

Because our states and LG's are 100% reliant on awuf and generate absolutely zero, no sane foreign bank would lend them money. All borrowings by LG's and states are carried out on their behalf by the FG. The repayment money comes out of the state or LG's allocation.
Lagos state alone, accounts for 9.4% of Nigeria's external debt.

It is a pity that amongst supposedly educated people, some do not take the time to find out how things works and scream debt from the rooftops, whereas those debts belong to their states and LG's who have no means to repay, except out of the handouts the same FG gives to them. A pathetic state of existence indeed.

People, I'll keep screaming from the rooftops; hold your awuf luv'n lazy phuck LG boss and governor to account. If you cannot do this or preach it, then you are a gargantuan failure who represents all that must be rejected for Nigeria to develop; a failure.
LG bosses and state governors are elected to deliver services, not borrow money and shovel awuf oil money into their personal accounts.

Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by kiyosaki1(m): 11:11am On Jul 08, 2012
Gbawe:

Dirty, filthy and smelly ashewo, stop shouting Gbawe everywhere. Lord knows I am not the only member of this forum. Please stop following me around like a shameless attention-seeking groupie. Why can you not take your nauseating obsession elsewhere instead of behaving as if Gbawe is your god?
Why wasting your precious time on that low life homo sapien, he is an as licking follo follo
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by kiyosaki1(m): 11:13am On Jul 08, 2012
Beaf mentor

Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by Gbawe: 11:25am On Jul 08, 2012
solobanty: This is the only country i see blessed with wealth but still wallow in poverty because of bad leadership,
naija is a very sorry state.........

Indeed and it is amazing that those bad/inept leaders still find immoral Nigerians to hire as sycophants to launder their image via an engagement in wholesale "spin and spell" deception/lies/fabrication seeking to portray a big fat zero a hero. Nairaland is targeted, in my opinion, because of the many simpletons here who cannot be bothered to find out things for themselves and prefer to have their opinion and thoughts shaped for them by others.

Nothing is indicative of how GEJ is a class A failure more than how ,in the real world, beyond the Jerry Springer-like Nairaland, all the good guys, respected even beyond the shores of Nigeria, have nothing but harsh criticism for GEJ.

S.t.upid sycophants will never understand that they only look foolish trying pathetically to launder the image of a grossly mediocre opportunist who is absolutely despised unanimously by virtually all the Nigerians respected everywhere. [size=14pt]When was the last time a respected Nigerian wrote anything good about GEJ let alone defend him passionately as we see jobless fools doing here? [/size]

Below, Sonala Olumhense submits his own damning verdict on GEJ. The full article is available through the link.

http://saharareporters.com/column/nasir-el-rufai%E2%80%99s-fiction-sonala-olumhense

Indeed, if there is one thing every Nigerian knows for certain, it is that if there were ever one true firefight on the anti-corruption front, Obasanjo would be in jail before lunch—for life—his property confiscated through the next generation, and probably from everyone with Obasanjo as last name.

But his greatest betrayal was his cynical rigging of the PDP machine to place on the 2007 presidential ticket the tandem of Mr. Yar’Adua and Mr. Jonathan.

Watchers of Nigeria know that Obasanjo did not do that for Nigeria, or even for the PDP; he did it for himself. In the weakness of both men, he saw his protection from jail and embarrassment. Even if we were to concede he did not know Yar’Adua was deathly sick, he had several reasons to know Jonathan cannot even lead a group of Boy Scouts.

This is the reason that Jonathan and everything he is or is not, is the most pronounced legacy of Obasanjo. And not only is it one from which Obasanjo cannot distance himself, it is one for which he should be eternally ashamed.

sonala.olumhense@gmail.com
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by lacasa: 12:18pm On Jul 08, 2012
jmaine:

You need to drop this line bruv cos no Southern state ever stopped Buhari from campaigning for his candidacy . . .The man simply thought it not expedient to do so cos he felt only the North can deliver the trophy to him

The state governors who barred him were the Northern State governors of Bauchi and Niger state, a fall out of the post election violence . . .Pointers to that are below

buhari-under-fire-barred-from-niger

bauchi-killings-68-arrested-as-buhari-is-barred-from-city

The SE were resoulute in their support for GEJ and saw it expedient to go all out enmasse to vote him. even the ultra aged senior citizens in Igbo land defied all odds to vote for Jonathan . . .
If you argue about the voters turn out as being fraudulent, then i might get to listen to you; but if your argument is based on the huge margin of GEJ victory then you are obviously very wrong . . .There is no where Buhari will score higher than he did in the SS and SE region with how he went with his campaign strategy. Repeat that election now and Buhari might even have sub-zero percentage with the whole Boko menace

Lagos State, the undisputed ACN strong hold had GEJ leading with a healthy 65.90% . .How much more the SS and SE region who never hid their desire to even give GEJ a full loaded 100% full support.

Lagos PDP 1281688 65.90%
Lagos ACN 427203 21.96%
Lagos CPC 189983 9.77%

The above is Just the usual noise, so it's allowed . .But a Buhari candidacy will make the PDP carry the day at any given time in Nigeria, Fact.

Verdict : Buhari failed woefully in the south cos he simply did not campaign enough for obvious reasons known to him . .And the falsehood that he was barred from campaigning in some Southern States of Nigeria needs to end

Thanks . .

u̶̲̥̅̊​r quoting tinz dat αve no bearing on wat is being said

if u̶̲̥̅̊​ beliv a candidate can swoop 90ppercent of votes cast, n 99percent in some of them in any election then dat candidate must be jesus or Mohammed.

Pdp is a party dat rigs election since 99, ϑ yaradua one was the worst among them n even ϑ supreme court was divided on ϑ election.

Buhari was clearly barred frm mostly SE states n security wasn't "guaranteed", if it was u̶̲̥̅̊​r father, wld u̶̲̥̅̊​ advice him τ̅o go tђere? ​ so​ he was adviced not τ̅o go.

All the same, Gej is tђere n every1 is feeling the 'fresh air' isn't it

Some nemesis dey worry dem 4 voting ignorantly
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by jmaine: 12:30pm On Jul 08, 2012
lacasa:

Buhari was clearly barred frm mostly SE states n security wasn't "guaranteed", if it was u̶̲̥̅̊​r father, wld u̶̲̥̅̊​ advice him τ̅o go tђere? ​ so​ he was adviced not τ̅o go

Am only interested in dispelling the blatant lie above . .and i clearly told you it was the Niger and Bauchi State governors, who barred him from visiting their states citing security concerns after the post election violence.

Now cut the whole crap and give us tenable proof that your assertions are valid . .If you can't, then please avoid the unusual embarrassment of repeating the same lies.

Thank you . . . .
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by Gbawe: 1:34pm On Jul 08, 2012
kiyosaki1: Why wasting your precious time on that low life homo sapien, he is an as licking follo follo

My guy, the entire forum can see I go out of my way to ignore his rancid odour but the jobless ashewo will simply not leave me alone. His obsession is nauseating at best and scary at worst because this is an anonymous forum where people should submit their opinions without developing the sort of emotional imbalance this pathetic and pathological groupie shows.
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by Pataki: 4:48pm On Jul 08, 2012
Seems these ex-militants are reading my mind.

Some days ago I said it on this forum, a bed-ridden Yar'Adua is far better than the President Retardeen Nigeria is currently cursed with.
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by dayokanu(m): 5:15pm On Jul 08, 2012
I dey laff
Re: Yar’adua More Reliable Than Jonathan – Ex-militants by Eziachi: 5:44pm On Jul 08, 2012
BENZINA: Old Ifeci stop dancing naked in the market place;is Yar*adua more reliable than Jonathan?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Evidence so far is pointing that even a dead Yar Adua ruling from Saudi is more effective than lively Jonathan.
The first move of Yar Adua as president was to declare his asset in public. Jonathan's first move was to take delivery of a brand new aircraft to add to the already big fleet and increase his feeding money by a couple of millions, that I wonder whether he has diamond for breakfast, Gold for lunch and Angelina Jolie for lunch.
Now over to Aso Rock 40 computers for attack, I am already wearing my helmet. One-two-gooooo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fani-Kayode: Demons In APC Have Relocated To PDP / NAF To Take Delivery Of 55 Fighter Helicopters In December / Labaran Maku And His Team Visit Aregbesola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 149
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.