Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time (7964 Views)

CHAN 2016: Nigeria Vs Guinea (0 - 1) On 26th January 2016 / Nigeria Vs Sudan: Afcon Qualifiers (3 - 1) On 15th October 2014 / Basketball: Nigeria Beats Great Britain 86:80 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by BlackPikiN(m): 12:17am On Jul 08, 2012
game over. Hope we win the third place match to qualify for the olympics.
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 08, 2012
Ike Diogu is just 6'9 - we need a taller post player for the Olympics (if we qualify)..

Ekpe Udoh and Ezeli... And that other young boy that plays for Baylor..
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by airmark(m): 12:17am On Jul 08, 2012
lost 77-85, good fight from the nigerians. Room for improvement next time. peace
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by coded042(m): 12:18am On Jul 08, 2012
we lost.....d guys still have a chance tomorrow to qualify if they win the loosers game....dis naija team is good but the russians were technically better. with nice fighting spirit.....they would qualify for sure....Go team Tigers
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by Nobody: 12:19am On Jul 08, 2012
BlackPikiN: Diogu and Dagunduro did well.

Rus 85- Nig 77

Cosign... Diogu is a double double threat but he needs help...

Aminu is just too lazy.
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by blackmale(m): 12:20am On Jul 08, 2012
they finished us with 3 pointer........
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by Lalaska(m): 12:21am On Jul 08, 2012
Not a bad tournament so far. I didn't even see our guys coming this far. Lituania and Russia qualify. We have to Puerto Rico to qualify. All the best. We don try
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by airmark(m): 12:21am On Jul 08, 2012
Was the russian coach asking Tony skinn to quit basketball because of his height? grin grin grin
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by BlackPikiN(m): 12:21am On Jul 08, 2012
shymmex: Ike Diogu is just 6'9 - we need a taller post player for the Olympics (if we qualify)..

Ekpe Udoh and Ezeli... And that other young boy that plays for Baylor..

I have watched Ben Uzor(Toronto Raptors) play against Ekpe Udoh(Milwaukee Bucks)

They are just above average players but they can still be useful to the national team.
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by Nobody: 12:24am On Jul 08, 2012
The Russians are tall and are good at 3-pointers. end of.The Nigerians used mainly raw skill and tried to make 2-pointers most of the time. They sure lost it in the 2nd quarter when the Russians opened up like 20 point against Nigeria
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 08, 2012
BlackPikiN:
I have watched Ben Uzor(Toronto Raptors) play against Ekpe Udoh(Milwaukee Bucks)

They are just above average players but they can still be useful to the national team.

But they have got length and they're better than Olumide Oyedeji... Udoh is slightly better than Ike Diogu as well..

We also need a better point guard, Skinn is not really that good.
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 08, 2012
In any case, the guys tried. A lot better than many other sports. Nice one D' Tigers.
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by Nobody: 12:27am On Jul 08, 2012
Imagine a young Olajuwon on that team with the dream shake lol.

He'll drop 40 on those Russians. cheesy
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 08, 2012
They tried - Russia and Greece whooped the yankz a couple of years ago..

They're not really a bad team if they could smash Lithuania..

Get that olympics ticket tomorrow, guys. cool
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by Afam4eva(m): 2:46am On Jul 08, 2012
Does anyone know if Ekene Ibekwe of the university of maryland is still in that team? What about Udoka? Now, I wish Emeka Okafor had agreed to play for Nigeria.
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by Nobody: 2:49am On Jul 08, 2012
afam4eva: Does anyone know if Ekene Ibekwe of the university of maryland is still in that team? What about Udoka? Now, I wish Emeka Okafor had agreed to play for Nigeria.

Ibekwe is a bum and Udoka the other bum has retired..

Udoka's sister was good, but she retired now. grin
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by Afam4eva(m): 2:54am On Jul 08, 2012
How can they retire when there are no players to take their place. I also wonder why Ejike Ugbuaja and Kelenna Azubuike are not in this team.
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by Nobody: 2:56am On Jul 08, 2012
Udoka is like 40 years old now, and Diogu is better than him... Kelena is a fool, he's still dreaming of playing for England..

Aminu is better than him anyway and he gets playing time in the NBA - Kelena is just a bench warmer.
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by BlackPikiN(m): 3:03am On Jul 08, 2012
shymmex: Udoka is like 40 years old now, and Diogu is better than him... Kelena is a fool, he's still dreaming of playing for England..

Aminu is better than him anyway and he gets playing time in the NBA - Kelena is just a bench warmer.

I think Kelenna plays/or just signed for Cavaliers.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2821/kelenna-azubuike

afam4eva: How can they retire when there are no players to take their place. I also wonder why Ejike Ugbuaja and Kelenna Azubuike are not in this team.

I think Ugboaja played today. He still plays for Nigeria.

Never new who Anthony Skinn was before today's game.
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by Nobody: 3:15am On Jul 08, 2012
BlackPikiN:

I think Kelenna plays/or just signed for Cavaliers.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2821/kelenna-azubuike

But he didn't play throughout the season that just ended.. He needs to give up his dreams of playing for England and play for Nigeria.. They already denied him a passport.
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by Afam4eva(m): 3:18am On Jul 08, 2012
shymmex:

But he didn't play throughout the season that just ended.. He needs to give up his dreams of playing for England and play for Nigeria.. They already denied him a passport.
Lmao. Was he born in England or what? Why is he being stup1d? It's not like he's that much of a good player because like you said, he's been mating with the bench for a long time.
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by BlackPikiN(m): 3:18am On Jul 08, 2012
shymmex:

Ibekwe is a bum and Udoka the other bum has retired..

Udoka's sister was good, but she retired now. grin

Some many things go thru my mind when I watch her play... cheesy cheesy

I wish I can marry her. I mean Mfon Udoka...lol..

I don disect the girl for my mind tire. lol

http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/generaltopics/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/pix20110515237440.jpg
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by Nobody: 3:23am On Jul 08, 2012
BlackPikiN:
Some many things go thru my mind when I watch her play... cheesy cheesy

I wish I can marry her. I mean Mfon Udoka...lol..

I don disect the girl for my mind tire. lol

http://www.nigerianbestforum.com/generaltopics/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/pix20110515237440.jpg

She's fiooone... grin

Her brother also has a damsel in Nia Long as his wife.. grin

Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by BlackPikiN(m): 3:32am On Jul 08, 2012
Anyone who got Mfon Udoka's contact should tell her BlackPikiN wants to marry her. lol.. grin
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by Freesia(f): 7:22am On Jul 08, 2012
shymmex: Udoka is like 40 years old now, and Diogu is better than him... Kelena is a fool, he's still dreaming of playing for England..

Wait a Minute!! Are we talking about the same Udoka here?? This dude can't be 40 yet, His sis Mfon is older and she's not 40 yet.I would say a loose estimate of 37 or 38 years for Mfon so Ime gotta be mid thirties
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 08, 2012
U guys r funny. Its good to be patriotic and all.... But seriously there is non way we can whupp those Russians. They are one of the best teams in Europe (if not the world sef) just being real guys. I'm surprised alfarooq Aminu should play for us afteralll he was a first round bust in the NBA. I would have been more comfortable with one of our home based players.
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by Reference(m): 7:59am On Jul 08, 2012
Babzilla: U guys r funny. Its good to be patriotic and all.... But seriously there is non way we can whupp those Russians. They are one of the best teams in Europe (if not the world sef) just being real guys. I'm surprised alfarooq Aminu should play for us afteralll he was a first round bust in the NBA. I would have been more comfortable with one of our home based players.

Said it yesterday. The boys are good but there are limits. And its wise to know your limits before you can exceed them.
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by Arctic(m): 9:42am On Jul 08, 2012
What time does Nigeria play Dominican Republic today.

If Nigeria win they go to Olympics!
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by BlackPikiN(m): 9:46am On Jul 08, 2012
^^^Watch Nigeria play Dominican here...

http://www.thefirstrow.eu/sport/basketball.html

Someone connect me to Mfon Udoka my sweet babe... Chei... cheesy cheesy cheesy Imaginations..
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by WarriorX1: 9:46am On Jul 08, 2012
You guys are just spreading some bad rumors, first off, Nigeria tried to reach out to so many players, Ezeli couldn't make the team because of draft commitments, Alabi and Uzoh wanted to focus on getting their NBA contracts sorted, and Udoka has a problem with the current Naija coach Ayo Bakare because of the way he disrespected his sister Mfon during the African female tournament, so he refused to come. If you want more information about Nigerian basketball, go to this site and read through or do a search nigerian-basketball..co.uk

Anyways we need to win today or else it's over

1 Like

Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by Afam4eva(m): 9:54am On Jul 08, 2012
Warrior X: You guys are just spreading some bad rumors, first off, Nigeria tried to reach out to so many players, Ezeli couldn't make the team because of draft commitments, Alabi and Uzoh wanted to focus on getting their NBA contracts sorted, and Udoka has a problem with the current Naija coach Ayo Bakare because of the way he disrespected his sister Mfon during the African female tournament, so he refused to come. If you want more information about Nigerian basketball, go to this site and read through or do a search nigerian-basketball..co.uk

Anyways we need to win today or else it's over
Thanks for the info.
Re: Basketball: Nigeria Vs Russia Today At 10.30pm UK Time by temmytanny(m): 11:36am On Jul 08, 2012
Please lets pray for them to win today so that we can atleast have a TEAM rep in Olympics.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Free Football Betting Ebook Strategy That Helped Me Last Season / Bendel Insurance, El-Kanemi Warriors, Bayelsa United Return To NPFL / Yobo To Sit On Bench Against Zambia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.