Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,289 members, 7,839,430 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark (11306 Views)

Attack On Senators Mark, Oduah And Bruce: Deji Adeyanju Got It Wrong / I Will Expose Muazu Underhand Dealings With APC – Fayose / Yoruba Leaders Expose Corrupt Dealings Between Fashola And Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Kobojunkie: 6:57pm On Jul 08, 2012
Andro Blaze:

This is why some people refuse to engage any of you diaspora people, it's like your African brains have been fried.

I mean what does exposing any of his corruption have to do with anything, this is Nigeria for God's sake??

Was Yerima not exposed and proven as someone who married an underaged girl?? Please tell me where he is right now.

Was Omisore not fully implicated in the only recorded murder of a sitting attorney General anywhere in the world?? Did he not win his election in a jail cell??

We have Femi and Lawan both saying Lawan took $620k that didn't belong to him, tell me where he is right now

What does exposing anyones crimes have to do with JUSTICE in Nigeria??

Please if you want to continue debating, be realistic. Like someone already said, it is not the exposing we have an issue with in Nigeria, it is the punishment.

I know you think what you have above changes any of what I have posted so far. But the fact is, it doesn't.

The reason why no one gets prosecuted at the end of the day is that people like you, would instead of looking around for a new mentality to help move things forward and ensure change, would rather sit tight with the old, and expect MAGIC to somehow happen at the end of the day. Unfortunately, all that does is ensure that the same group of thugs continue to wield power over your destiny and that of Nigeria as a whole.

Nigeria has been a democracy for the past 12 years. When are the people going to wake up to this? Even in the most advanced countries, the law is only as strong as the people. Look at China for instance, the people there are fighting back the system and they are using the laws to their advantage where they can, and winning too.
When are the people in Nigeria going to let go of the old ways and grab on to new ways of doing things? The tools are there . . the people, or their mentality is what is still in the wrong place.
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by DidierKing: 7:01pm On Jul 08, 2012
Who is David Mark?
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Dotman01(m): 7:11pm On Jul 08, 2012
Mr Mark, mark my word 'u will soon be exposed'
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by AndroBlaze: 7:26pm On Jul 08, 2012
Kobojunkie:

I know you think what you have above changes any of what I have posted so far. But the fact is, it doesn't.

The reason why no one gets prosecuted at the end of the day is that people like you, would instead of looking around for a new mentality to help move things forward and ensure change, would rather sit tight with the old, and expect MAGIC to somehow happen at the end of the day. Unfortunately, all that does is ensure that the same group of thugs continue to wield power over your destiny and that of Nigeria as a whole.

Nigeria has been a democracy for the past 12 years. When are the people going to wake up to this? Even in the most advanced countries, the law is only as strong as the people. Look at China for instance, the people there are fighting back the system and they are using the laws to their advantage where they can, and winning too.
When are the people in Nigeria going to let go of the old ways and grab on to new ways of doing things? The tools are there . . the people, or their mentality is what is still in the wrong place.

Kobo, I say this respectfully, but you sound like a tool.

In fact you sound like a silly whiteman who pretends to be converse with the African situation, posits your silly "civilised solutions" and then acts pleasantly surprised when they don't work, blaming africans for poor implementation.

You say the tools are there, but then blame all of us (which of course doesn't include the superior you) for not using them properly.

Ok let's deal with the tools- were you not following Nigerian news when Gani took Tinubu to court over his lies and fake certificates?? Did he use the tools then?? Tell me what he using the tools achieved??

Did you not follow Nigerian news when a court aquitted Ibori of the over 100 and something charges of corruption, while the same man pleads guilty to lees than 20 in the UK?? What did your tools do for the Nigerian people there??

The same tools that have turned Buhari into a laughing stock, an object of ridicule, a joke among corrupt politicans and sentimental idiot worshipping masses, tools that have no iota of shame, responsibilty or in fact usefulness, tools that reinvent the English language- "the election was characterised by malpractices but they are not sufficient enough to say the election was not free and fair" REALLY.

Kobo go shove your tools where the sun doesn't shine, and really if you can not come up with anything better or think like the African you are suppose to be, I beg of you, do not engage me again on this topic.

2 Likes

Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by malc619(m): 7:29pm On Jul 08, 2012
David Mark and his "Gang" should ßξ tied to trees and Shot...... cool cool
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Kobojunkie: 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2012
Andro Blaze:

Kobo, I say this respectfully, but you sound like a tool.

In fact you sound like silly whiteman who pretends to be converse with the African situation, posits your silly "civilised solutions" and then acts pleasantly surprised when they don't work, blaming africans for poor implementation.

You say the tools are there, but then blame all of us (which of course doesn't include the superior you) for not using them properly.

Ok let's deal with the tools- were you not following Nigerian news when Gani took Tinubu to court over his lies and fake certificates?? Did he use the tools then?? Tell me what he using the tools achieved??

Did you not follow Nigerian news when a court aquitted Ibori of the over 100 and something charges of corruption, while the same man pleads guilty to lees than 20 in the UK?? What did your tools do for the Nigerian people there??

So, Gani(just one man who struggle for the most part to get needed support from Nigerians) now = Majority of Nigerians? Brilliant!

Andro Blaze:
The same tools that have turned Buhari into a laughing stock, an object of ridicule, a joke among corrupt politicans and sentimental idiot worshipping masses, tools that have no iota of shame, responsibilty or in fact usefulness, tools that reinvent the English language- "the election was characterised by malpractices but they are not sufficient enough to say the election was not free and fair" REALLY.

Kobo go shove your tools where the sun doesn't shine, and really if you can not come up with anything better or think like the African you are suppose to be, I beg of you, do not engage me again on this topic.

Yes, Buhari standing alone = all Nigerians, including those who rejected him. You are brilliant!!

So, in the case of the millions who protested in Egypt. They were really dumb, right? Because from your assertion, all they really had to do, to change the entrenched system, was send just one man to the courts up against the system. Right? They wasted their time there because just one man stepping out in the courts would = the people. Abi?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 08, 2012
sometimes i wish junior army officers take over power by force, wipe away these thieves, organize a free and fair election within 6months and hand over power to the new democratically elected president irrespective of tribe or religion..

2 Likes

Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Kobojunkie: 7:36pm On Jul 08, 2012
Dr. Joe:
sometimes i wish junior army officers take over power by force, wipe away these thieves, organize a free and fair election within 6months and hand over power to the new democratically elected president irrespective of tribe or religion..

Yes, and when they finish wiping away the thieves, they will entrench themselves in as the new thieves and we go another lap around the circle, right? Cause that sounds a lot like what happened back when Abacha, Obasanjo, the Marks, etc were junior military men. grin
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by edicolove: 7:42pm On Jul 08, 2012
Kobojunkie:
A well known thief that the people re-elected only last year? A well-known theif that continues to occupy an important seat in the Nation.

Look, it is too easy to sit and call them all thieves, but at the end of the day, either you get off your butt and present whatever evidence you have to shame 'em and maybe get others to push him out,or you accept that this is what you have to work with to get what you want.

So whether you think him a thief of not, that is beside the point. What is is that the man sits as senate president, and he is right that we need to get the trash exposed, and out. How, only the people will decide that one.

It is easy to sit and tell stories. What Nigeria needs are active citizens, and it really does not take much to act. You claim your relative worked there as a personal aide. Na only story im bring back for you?

Like I said, the man has made yet another vow, it is up to the Nigerian people to see to it that he does not go back on it.

Shameless hypocrite! Does this same argument not apply to GEJ? But when it comes to GEJ, you prefer to open your dirty mouth and insult him. Hypocrite with double standards! See how you are speaking from both sides of your mouth. All of you are exposing yourself day by day. You are definitely a paid sycophant doing your masters bidden.

1 Like

Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Kobojunkie: 7:46pm On Jul 08, 2012

Definitely a good place to use this rare emote of mine
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Kobojunkie: 7:47pm On Jul 08, 2012
[img height="200" width="200"]http://www.greatvoice.com/images/puzzled.gif[/img]
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Scissorshand(m): 7:51pm On Jul 08, 2012
@Andro Blaze,I gbadun u.When an abnormal situation arises,an abnormal response is required.I strongly advocate violence against our oppressive leaders,because slavemasters do not grant their slaves easy freedom.D truth is there is no justice in the judiciary here.Thank God for media as this,and d press.I tried advocating violent protests here in Ibadan on 2 different occasions,one was against a filling station hoarding and selling petrol @ at hiked price,I mobilized to no avail,people were complacent.I sincerely don't think Nigerians are ready 4 change.I remember with nostalgia aluta days in school.Aluta is dead,present crop of students have gone soft.God forbid I pay over 10k as school fees,when d Chancellor and State governor had free education.My point is most of us are not ready for violent change.Whereas, our oppressors are violent. I'm patiently waiting when God will avenge the oppressed in this nation,when d oppressed will go up in arms against their oppressors,and we forcefully take our Kingdom of Heaven, for right now,it is their own Kingdom of Heaven.
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by betrani(m): 7:54pm On Jul 08, 2012
LocalChamp: We will expose corrupt senators – Mark
On July 8, 2012 · In News 12:50 amEmail1

By HENRY UMORU

SENATE President David Mark has vowed to expose corrupt senators and those engaged in acts capable of tarnishing the image of the National Assembly.

Mark stressed that no amount of blackmail will deter the institution from carrying out its oversight functions. He, however, cautioned members of the public against compromising lawmakers in the discharge of their duties, stressing that the National Assembly will continue to clear itself in its strong determination to meet the expectations of the electorate.

Speaking at the National Assembly-Private Sector Forum organised by the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) in Lagos, the Senate president noted that allegation of corruption against the National Assembly was exaggerated.

According to him, “There are those who say that the National Assembly takes the bunch of the budget. This is very ridiculous. I know that what goes to the National Assembly is not more than 2.5% of the total budget. The National Assembly members are always accused of corruption but Nigerians ,to a large extent ,are responsible for this alleged corruption.

”If a businessman gives a bribe to a lawmaker, is it only the lawmaker that is corrupt? If the business man didn’t offer the bribe, the lawmaker will not accept. But the question remains: Why did he accept it? If our National Assembly members are found wanting, we will discipline them.

“We will clean our house to earn the respect of those that elected us into our respective offices. We will continue to clean our house and those who bring us to shame will get their punishment accordingly.”

Stressing that the legislature as an arm of government is on a steady growth and improving by each legislative day, Mark recalled that the level of rancour that characterized the legislative houses between 1999 and 2003 has been reduced.

“We would continue to improve on legislative business until we attain a level where the average Nigerian will be satisfied with our performance”, he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/07/we-will-expose-corrupt-senators-mark/
Oga kip quiet! Don't claim holier than thou! Pot callin kettle black! I guez
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by ziccoit: 7:56pm On Jul 08, 2012
Chie thief chasing thieves. Dindinrin din robo.
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Kobojunkie: 7:58pm On Jul 08, 2012
Scissorshand: @Andro Blaze,I gbadun u.When an abnormal situation arises,an abnormal response is required.I strongly advocate violence against our oppressive leaders,because slavemasters do not grant their slaves easy freedom.D truth is there is no justice in the judiciary here.Thank God for media as this,and d press.I tried advocating violent protests here in Ibadan on 2 different occasions,one was against a filling station hoarding and selling petrol @ at hiked price,I mobilized to no avail,people were complacent.I sincerely don't think Nigerians are ready 4 change.I remember with nostalgia aluta days in school.Aluta is dead,present crop of students have gone soft.God forbid I pay over 10k as school fees,when d Chancellor and State governor had free education.My point is most of us are not ready for violent change.Whereas, our oppressors are violent. I'm patiently waiting when God will avenge the oppressed in this nation,when d oppressed will go up in arms against their oppressors,and we forcefully take our Kingdom of Heaven, for right now,it is their own Kingdom of Heaven.

Your Parents waited for the same . . .. it is your turn to wait on God to come and magically make it all good, abi? No wait too long oo!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by lacasa: 8:03pm On Jul 08, 2012
Na ​ so​!

Mtcheeu!!
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 08, 2012
This man is quite stupid.

Mr Mark you are an overpaid lazy slob. The job of a nigerian legislator is an insult to hardwork and dignity of labour. How many bill s have they passed since the inception of their current tenure and how much have the spent during the course of passing these bills?
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by stijjani42: 8:07pm On Jul 08, 2012
I laff in swahili...whr una eva hia say thief catch thief. Imagine a criminal coming 2 tell us cock n bull stories. Make d guyy go chilax...cos we don hear ds line tire. Bunch of rogues
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Scissorshand(m): 8:10pm On Jul 08, 2012
@kobo, u missed my point. I do not support d waiting game.I am not my parents. I support violent change. I don't really know u, am I wrong to assume that u are one of those who'll always talk, but when shit hits d fan, are no where to be found. For me, I'm fed up with supporting legal routes. I support armed struggle. Do I have my arms, na naija we dey, u kan always get a lil' sumtin.
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by AndroBlaze: 8:13pm On Jul 08, 2012
Kobojunkie:

So, in the case of the millions who protested in Egypt. They were really dumb, right?

You see I expected this, and seeing as it is the usual prerogative of your gender to change an argument when they are not winning, I will not hold it against you. Everyone following our little back and forth will easily see that you are now saying something completely different. We all know that any form of civil disobedience was not what you were advocating on the onset or referring to as the tools "we poor mentality" having Nigerians should use.

Because from your assertion, all they really had to do, to[b] change the entrenched system,[/b] was send just one man to the courts up against the system. Right?

Nope that was never my assertion but yours. I never even made my stance clear on any subject only that it is idiotic to think a king of thieves could give us justice in any form. So I can't be blamed for your interpretation or the fact that you kept on mentioning working within the system and using the substandard tools that the system created. If you are not aware, civil disobedience is not a tool mentioned or let alone encouraged under our constitution.

They wasted their time there because just one man stepping out in the courts would = the people. Abi?? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Under the constitution (and probably any other decent one) one man can equal the people. Thus if you expected a 100 people to go to court challenging the credibilty of Tinubus papers at the same time, the court would simply consolidate all of them into one suit and do it's masters bidding.

Anyway in short, now by mentioning civil disobedience and working outside the system you are speaking like a true African, but you should call it what it is and don't paint it rosy. What we need to do to change Nigeria is not going to be pretty, the lives lost in the fuel subsidy protests prove it, waiting for an evolution of leadership as the system prescribes is the true tragedy.
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by 1025: 8:27pm On Jul 08, 2012
abeg, can somebody help me tell david mark to shut up those useless mouths of his.
january this year, the pdp criminal gang taught us new english to digest their subsidy money and the word was palliatives. till today, where are the palliatives?
jonathan and his heartless gang members when they wanted to increase the electricity tariff for the second time told us how within 3 months every body will receive free metres and we are in the second month. how many of us have received their promised metres?
who is mark fooling? nigerians are very much aware that one of the pre-requisites to be a pdp member is that you must convince that u are a shameless criminal. tested and trusted. if you think am lying, ask lams, bode george, bankole, mts etteh and very long list of pdp criminals.
shame on you our next president mark.
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 08, 2012
Will

Will

Will

Always Will.

Ahh for how many years now?
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by AndroBlaze: 8:33pm On Jul 08, 2012
Scissorshand: @Andro Blaze,I gbadun u.When an abnormal situation arises,an abnormal response is required.I strongly advocate violence against our oppressive leaders,because slavemasters do not grant their slaves easy freedom.D truth is there is no justice in the judiciary here.Thank God for media as this,and d press.I tried advocating violent protests here in Ibadan on 2 different occasions,one was against a filling station hoarding and selling petrol @ at hiked price,I mobilized to no avail,people were complacent.I sincerely don't think Nigerians are ready 4 change.I remember with nostalgia aluta days in school.Aluta is dead,present crop of students have gone soft.God forbid I pay over 10k as school fees,when d Chancellor and State governor had free education.My point is most of us are not ready for violent change.Whereas, our oppressors are violent. I'm patiently waiting when God will avenge the oppressed in this nation,when d oppressed will go up in arms against their oppressors,and we forcefully take our Kingdom of Heaven, for right now,it is their own Kingdom of Heaven.

My brother you have said it all, the problem is and has always been that some people still think that there might be some other route we might be able to use to get back on the path God had pre-ordained for us.

It's the dilemma of everyone wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die?! I just wish people like us were in the majority but we just aren't for now. One day it will be inevitable but I honestly don't want it to reach that point as by that day the anger could have reached Libyan proportions (though TBH my instincts tell me the longer we delay this day of reckoning, the more likely it will go down as one of the darkest days in African histroy).
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by jamil2(m): 8:33pm On Jul 08, 2012
He really means business please you people should gives them benefit of doubt may be this time around they will deliver the promise.
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by AndroBlaze: 8:33pm On Jul 08, 2012
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Kobojunkie: 8:34pm On Jul 08, 2012
Scissorshand: @kobo, u missed my point. I do not support d waiting game.I am not my parents. I support violent change. I don't really know u, am I wrong to assume that u are one of those who'll always talk, but when shit hits d fan, are no where to be found. For me, I'm fed up with supporting legal routes. I support armed struggle. Do I have my arms, na naija we dey, u kan always get a lil' sumtin.

You support violent change? So when are you going to get to it then? Let me guess, when God comes downs and makes you get up to go wreck violent havoc on those in power undecided undecided undecided undecided

About me, You are very wrong -- Let me give you the picture of a Nigerian in the diaspora, may not be typical but this is what I know. You have a Nigerian who lives in say a western democracy and is politically active. When you move abroad, you are kind of made to believe/understand that as a citizen of a democracy it is your duty to be active. It almost becomes a part of who you are. If things are not going right in the country, you sense that it is likely because you are not playing your part. The last elections saw millions of Americans for instance get off their butts to go campaign, protest, engage their representatives etc. Anywho, You join others in protest often. You spend time reading up on the lives and capabilities of candidates, and go out to vote whenever have the chance to. You sign petitions, and join groups that are out to push a cause that you know will benefit, both locally and Nationally. Many Nigerians do this abroad, and then they turn around to do the same for their country Nigeria. Instead they are met with Nigerians, many living in Nigeria, who believe God will, at some point,automagically come and make things work fine . . . that when one man goes and fails, it means everything has failed. You can imagine how mumu-ish we view such mindset.

You say you are fed up with supporting legal routes. How have you actually supported them? By reading the papers on them? Or by volunteering your time with the small groups that are pursuing these legal routes to help ensure their success?

Someone mentioned Gani. The person however forgot to mention that Nigerians never really gave Gani their backing. Gani went to court alone most of the times. In fact, I remember so many times hoping I could, from here, get in touch with the Gani team and support them the much I could since I understand quite well that there is power in numbers. But a lot of people actually called him a BUSY-BODY then. Now he is dead and we pretend we "supported" him?

Let's stop lying to ourselves. One man is not going to win a battle meant to be forth by the millions. It is never going to happen . . there are no messiahs in this day and age. Nigeria belongs to the people and unless the PEOPLE(note not one or two people) are willing to come together and push for the change they want, nothing is going to change.
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by godimento: 8:37pm On Jul 08, 2012
We all know that, there are chiefs in NASS. We only want them to be punish accordingly not expose.
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by pbs4real(m): 8:43pm On Jul 08, 2012
Dis david mark of guy tinks he's fooling who?huh?? When d whole nigerians including his family knws he's d biggest theif....,one tin I knw 4 sure is if he doesn't suffer for his sins now......his generation will definitely pay for his sins.........I can assure him that....
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by jude33084(m): 8:50pm On Jul 08, 2012
Gan gan!! cool
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by mikolo80: 10:04pm On Jul 08, 2012
WISH SOMEONE WUD SHOOT THIS IDIOT.
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by mikolo80: 10:04pm On Jul 08, 2012
WISH SOMEONE WUD SHOOT THIS IDIOT.FUCKIN BONEHEAD
Re: We Will Expose Corrupt Senators – Mark by Biodup: 10:06pm On Jul 08, 2012
brownlord: Mark, Mark, Mark, i will not read this statement i only read the headline have this to say YOU ARE VERY STUPID
it seems u don't knw anything abt dis man. Mark has leadership charisma dat dirtinguished him among his peers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleiman "Raises" Dead Man Back To Life At Lokoja Crusade / Social Media Escalating War Between Herdsmen & Farmers In Nigeria - Dambazau / A Secret For Igbo On Nairaland - Why I'm Not Happy With My Igbo People Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.