Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,476 members, 7,840,053 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking (3796 Views)

My Wife To Be Has Anger Issue. How Do I Curtail It? / 3 Days After Our Wedding, My Wife Can't Stop Crying / Could My Wife Be Cheating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by maclatunji: 7:43pm On Jul 10, 2012
Efemena_xy: I can't help it!

But there's a picture forming in my mind here:

Mr & Mrs Kulyie Maclatunji having a long drawn out argument over the missing pieces of meat from the pot! grin grin

~ Mr Mac is adamant there were X pieces of meat in the pot of soup before leaving for work this morning...

~ Mrs Kulyie insists there were (X - Y) pieces of meat in the soup pot this morning...

~ Whom shall we believe? The story continues... grin grin grin

LOL, if I catch you ehn!
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by dayokanu(m): 7:45pm On Jul 10, 2012
I personally would look at it from an indiscipline point.

When we were growing up We were made to eat meat last. And my sister who would first eat her meat would always be scolded.

When I cook most times, I dont even taste it till its done
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by pendo89(f): 7:47pm On Jul 10, 2012
grin grin grin
no comment
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by ronkebp(f): 7:53pm On Jul 10, 2012
dayokanu: I personally would look at it from an indiscipline point.

When we were growing up We were made to eat meat last. And my sister who would first eat her meat would always be scolded.

When I cook most times, I dont even taste it till its done

By the time you finally taste it, then you realise, the salt is either too much or not enough....
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by maclatunji: 7:54pm On Jul 10, 2012
pendo89: grin grin grin
no comment

Is in itself a comment. My sixth sense says you are guilty of the "offence ",
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by armyofone(m): 8:01pm On Jul 10, 2012
no be her fault. it is the fault of globalization and western influence/civilization grin. after seeing those bombarded steak and Ribs bill board, how could you tell someone not to as much as they like?

those days of no meat till you finish your food, or not having meat at all is long gone.

it all boils down to what they call long throat grin

now goat meat dey hungry me grin
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by tpia5: 11:32pm On Jul 10, 2012
Mr & Mrs Kulyie Maclatunji having a long drawn out argument over the missing pieces of meat from the pot!

at this rate, they will both people will start utilizing their camera phones to snap the positions and locations of each piece of meat in the pot. Counting the meat will no longer suffice.

woe betide any unauthorized shift in the soup geography. undecided
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by tpia5: 11:40pm On Jul 10, 2012
kulyie: theres no big deal in food,food is nothing

thank you oh. How many times does one even eat meat sef- most times I can get tired merely seeing the stuff.

even though i had times growing up when we couldnt even afford meat, why call in the military because someone wants to eat the same?

it helped cos durin my teenage yrs guys takin me to eatry wasnt a big deal to me compared to my mates then.

thank you?

wots so special in meat sef,isnt it 4 consumption

please help me ask o.

ironically my partner is not a food person.he doesnt like eating dat much.meat,turkey,chicken fish doesnt even trip him.he can tel me to giv him a smal portion of rice n no meat.even wen i put 2 big chicken laps on rice,he doesnt finish eating one.

true, some men are like that. Some women as well.
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by tpia5: 11:43pm On Jul 10, 2012
for those complaining of housegirls shortening the household ration- if there isnt enough money buy other substitutes like ponmo, fish, chicken, etc. Chicken may be considered expensve as well (for everyday eating), but fish is plentiful in nigeria (at least it used to be).

Its even considered poor man's food back home whereas overseas it (fish) is very costly.

una no know the benefits wetin una get!
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by dayokanu(m): 12:43am On Jul 11, 2012
ronkebp:

By the time you finally taste it, then you realise, the salt is either too much or not enough....

That one mean say you never expert for cooking

Come make I teach you a few tricks

1 Like

Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by Nobody: 1:34am On Jul 11, 2012
Lol! The meat thing again!
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by Wislet(f): 10:52am On Jul 11, 2012
kulyie: @ Maclatunji i'm a meat lover n because of my love 4 meats i cut my meats in piesces like 3-4,really we were trained theres no big deal in food,food is nothing,there was notin we dint eat wen we want to eat,and it helped cos durin my teenage yrs guys takin me to eatry wasnt a big deal to me compared to my mates then.wots so special in meat sef,isnt it 4 consumption,ironically my partner is not a food person.he doesnt like eating dat much.meat,turkey,chicken fish doesnt even trip him.he can tel me to giv him a smal portion of rice n no meat.even wen i put 2 big chicken laps on rice,he doesnt finish eating one.meanwhile maclatunji slow down,food is vain
too much of meat is not good for you.
That is why ur partner cuts down on his consumption of them.
U should learn from him.
Dont just eat cos u like it. Eat healthy.
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by Wislet(f): 10:58am On Jul 11, 2012
ronkebp:

NOPE.
A good cook never uses the meat as a measure of how sweet her food is.
If u're cooking soup or stew for instance, taste a little bit of the food itself. The taste of the food is the same as the taste of the meat.
There is no excuse for finishing ur meat while cooking.
If you have to finish your meat before you get the correct taste of your food, then you don't know what u're cooking.
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by maclatunji: 11:01am On Jul 11, 2012
Wislet: NOPE.
If u're cooking soup or stew for instance, taste a little bit of the food itself. The taste if the food is the same as the taste of the meat.
If you have to finish your meat before you get the correct taste of your food, then you don't know what u're cooking.

Ouch!
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by ronkebp(f): 4:01pm On Jul 11, 2012
If u're cooking soup or stew for instance, taste a little bit of the food itself. The taste of the food is the same as the taste of the meat.

How possible is it to use meat as a yardstick to know if the food is delicious or not??.....my post was directed to Dayokanu (WAS JUST PULLING HIS LEGS)...thank you for nothing grin...i know my basics in the kitchen....if a woman chooses to finish her own meat while she is cooking, i don't know how it will affect others??, na her go carry her legs go buy another meat....abi will she borrow mine ?? wink grin
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by ronkebp(f): 4:01pm On Jul 11, 2012
maclatunji:

Ouch!

For your mind!!!! abi
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by ronkebp(f): 4:02pm On Jul 11, 2012
dayokanu:

That one mean say you never expert for cooking

Come make I teach you a few tricks

You too dey parade yourself as cook.....go and sit somewhia boy!!!!wink grin grin
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by maclatunji: 4:23pm On Jul 11, 2012
ronkebp:

For your mind!!!! abi

E no mata.
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by ronkebp(f): 4:32pm On Jul 11, 2012
maclatunji:

E no mata.

wan mata die!!!!
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by tpia5: 4:35pm On Jul 11, 2012

You're speaking of apples and oranges.

The meat is typically cooked before being added to the stew.

Fish is what you can add without cooking it separately.
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by dayokanu(m): 5:34pm On Jul 11, 2012
ronkebp:

You too dey parade yourself as cook.....go and sit somewhia boy!!!!wink grin grin

I get skills in many areas. Just come here and find out my core competences
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by dayokanu(m): 5:39pm On Jul 11, 2012
tpia@:

You're speaking of apples and oranges.

The meat is typically cooked before being added to the stew.

Fish is what you can add without cooking it separately.

The meat is boiled before adding to the stew to make it soft and chewable. You can also boil fish before adding to stew but its not compulsory because Fish is naturally softer than meat.

After boiling the meat its just bland, no pepper or oil on it. You would now add it to the stew and let it cook together

After the cooiking the taste of the meat and the stew would be equal

Tpia come and spend the rest of your summer with me and let me teach you some things. You would always cherish the experience.
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by ronkebp(f): 6:31pm On Jul 11, 2012
^^^^Hope you are adding curry, thyme, maggi, salt, garlic and onions to that bland meat you are cooking first ...and not just putting it in water to boil..??. infact i add a little bit of ground-pepper....to give the meat it's own unique taste..
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by ifyalways(f): 6:36pm On Jul 11, 2012
Thank God for the gift of children. There are certain things one stop because of them. That's just what I'll say oh. . .

1 Like

Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by ronkebp(f): 7:35pm On Jul 11, 2012
^^^^^Ify....you don't know we have Wobias' grin grin grin...i have an aunt like that, i love her oooo, but she weighs over 3oo pounds.....she calls her fatness "ora" ...and laughs with her teeth from ear to ear...meanwhile at a party or gathering she can dish over 10 pieces of meat.....and eat it all, i am not even kidding....imagine what she will be doing in her own kitchen. She will be living in the pot of soup....that is when they will wake up in the morning as early as 6.00am to eat eba or semovita.....because of the meat they will conveniently dish out for themselves...(talking about semovita, i am hungry, feel like cooking me a nice egusi soup with semo....)
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by dayokanu(m): 7:45pm On Jul 11, 2012
ronkebp: ^^^^Hope you are adding curry, thyme, maggi, salt, garlic and onions to that bland meat you are cooking first ...and not just putting it in water to boil..??. infact i add a little bit of ground-pepper....to give the meat it's own unique taste..

Quit forming jare and come for IT(Industrail training) from me
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by tpia5: 8:14pm On Jul 11, 2012
i'm not sure the topic isnt being misinterpreted.

i personally do not know anyone who finishes a pot of meat while cooking.

the most the majority do, is taste some of the meat to find out if the seasoning is enough or if its done.

the op clearly opened the thread in response to the lady who reported her husband for eating food she cooked. (ie meat). She had issues with him wanting more meat like oliver twist, hence the problem.

now, imo, these types of things are what separate ajebutas from ajepakos, in nigeria. No offence- i'm an ajepako myself- but an ajebuta would typically be used to having an abundance of food in the house, as well as being full after meals.

if the worry (in the nigerian context) seems to be the person who asks for more food after a meal, or who snacks on meat in between meals/isnt satisfied with the portion he was served, will turn into an armed robber due to his insatiable greed and uncontrollable appetite, then i dont know if folks are speaking from experience, so i cant say for sure if this is true.
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by EfemenaXY: 8:14pm On Jul 11, 2012
ronkebp: ^^^^Hope you are adding curry, thyme, maggi, salt, garlic and onions to that bland meat you are cooking first ...and not just putting it in water to boil..??. infact i add a little bit of ground-pepper....to give the meat it's own unique taste..

Correct babe.

Just remove the garlic & add a pinch of ground nutmeg instead. cheesy
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by tpia5: 8:17pm On Jul 11, 2012
in addition, i dont think this is the same thing as eating meat first or last during a meal.

totally different context.

the bone of contention here is people eating more than what's considered their fair share of meat.

eg the man getting 4 pieces instead of one or two, or the woman doing the same.

thereby shortening the rations of the other members of the household.
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by EfemenaXY: 8:19pm On Jul 11, 2012
tpia@:

at this rate, they will both people will start utilizing their camera phones to snap the positions and locations of each piece of meat in the pot. Counting the meat will no longer suffice.

woe betide any unauthorized shift in the soup geography. undecided

Now this is funny! grin grin grin
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by ronkebp(f): 8:20pm On Jul 11, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Correct babe.

Just remove the garlic & add a pinch of ground nutmeg instead. cheesy

I don't like nutmeg....and ...my hubby loves garlic....
Re: My Wife Eat Most Of The Meat While Cooking by tpia5: 8:21pm On Jul 11, 2012
dayokanu:

After boiling the meat its just bland, no pepper or oil on it. You would now add it to the stew and let it cook together

is this what you're serving your girlfriends?

good thing you can sweet talk them so they dont mind.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Question For Catholic Igbo Men / “I Can Never Support My Husband With House Rent, It’s His Responsibility” – Lady / Every Family Should Have This In Thier Homes!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.