Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,074 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives (20064 Views)

JTF Kill 30 Civilians In Maiduguri In Reprisal Attacks / Christian Youths Kill Muslims In Reprisal Attacks At Gonin Gora, Kaduna / Reprisal Attacks Against The Hausas In Sapele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by whao: 7:59pm On Jul 09, 2012
Its a very pathetic scenario that the people of plateau find themselves in this " We are ontop of the Situation" case. I advice everybody to be:-
1. Security Conscious
2. Be Born Again(I mean Receive Jesus) in-case such bad incident caught you unaware
3. Be an advocate for Peace
4. Propelling solutions to how we can end this dreaded inhumanity to human behavior
The question i will like to post for everybody here is..... assuming you as a christian was born in the Fulani/Muslim family, what would you have done to cope the unwanted and oriented behavior of the general stereotyping perception to the Fulani/Muslim way of life?
NOTE: DO YOUR BEST TO STAY ALIVE ANYWHERE YOU FIND YOURSELF BUT REMEMBER THE BEST PLACE TO BE SAVE IS IN CHRIST JESUS.
Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by lacasa: 8:00pm On Jul 09, 2012
Useless leadership breeds useless people

Tnk God 4 †ђat Judgement Day we will all account for our actions on earth
Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by chioma134: 8:00pm On Jul 09, 2012
Let's not fan the embers of division. Let's speak for peace always. All these things going on are painful,but remember your children's fate when you speak for war.Like Mel Gibson said in "The Patroit",let's all say,"I'm a parent. I don't have the luxury of opinions". It is well with Nigeria.
http://diary-of-a-network-marketer..com

2 Likes

Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by ayox2003: 8:00pm On Jul 09, 2012
kantong.adong:
Berum note that your sponsors have been kill what of you stupid
You need deliverance!
Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by Patsey: 8:00pm On Jul 09, 2012
AND NIGERIANS BELIEVE SOMEBODY IS TRULY AND CAPABLY RUNNING THE AFFAIRS OF THIS COUNTRY?
Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by Cdspencer(m): 8:00pm On Jul 09, 2012
Gowon, could you remember wat happened in 1967? K-A-R-M-A!!!

1 Like

Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by onatisi(m): 8:01pm On Jul 09, 2012
haka_nai: It is finished ....!!!! Nigeria gradually crossing the borders into the frontiers of no return! cry cry cry undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/967882/forsee-military-coup-soon
Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by BlackBaron: 8:01pm On Jul 09, 2012
This is how Congo and Rwanda started...
Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by Tsmooth1(m): 8:02pm On Jul 09, 2012
Allow peace to reign!!! Laila inna-anta subhanaka inna kunna minal zalimin. Ameen.
Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by onatisi(m): 8:04pm On Jul 09, 2012
T-smooth:
Allow peace to reign!!! Laila inna-anta subhanaka inna kunna minal zalimin. Ameen.

dey there
Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by basisop(m): 8:05pm On Jul 09, 2012
Ileke-IdI:
And they say that Nigerians in Diaspora are suffering abroad. They say make we come home to work, to "enjoy".

Ehnnnn, God forbid!! cool They want us to become sufferheads like them because misery needs company lipsrsealed

Hahahahaha... This one don wash oyibo man pant tire. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by onatisi(m): 8:06pm On Jul 09, 2012
chioma134: Let's not fan the embers of division. Let's speak for peace always. All these things going on are painful,but remember your children's fate when you speak for war.Like Mel Gibson said in "The Patroit",let's all say,"I'm a parent. I don't have the luxury of opinions". It is well with Nigeria.
http://diary-of-a-network-marketer..com
dey there blog master
Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by ericmooret: 8:10pm On Jul 09, 2012
kantong.adong:
hey Jasawa suicide bombing is compulsory take note
should we begin to be afraid of you or what?
Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by Tsmooth1(m): 8:12pm On Jul 09, 2012
They are sponsoring u to kill each other, while some of them are in Abuja sleeping with the most expensive Aristos. Allah knows the best.
Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by onatisi(m): 8:13pm On Jul 09, 2012
T-smooth:
They are sponsoring u to kill each other, while some of them are in Abuja sleeping with the most expensive Aristos. Allah knows the best.
Allah is too busy for Nigeria problems,he has better countries to worry about
Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jul 09, 2012
I always love reprisals, and always support those engaged in reprisals. People should NEVER be allowed to hurt others with impunity It is unacceptable and unforgivable regardless of the circumstances.
Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by ebamma(m): 8:21pm On Jul 09, 2012
i knew that the berom boys were going to retaliate,if u were them will u let the killers of your brothers,mothers,sisters or fathers walk freely,the are humans not Jesus Christ.
Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by PHIPEX(m): 8:24pm On Jul 09, 2012
Does it mean that even the soldiers that were deployed to this state are helplessly unaware of plans for these killings? Where is our almighty SSS? Can't they gather intelligence and prevent these huge bloodbaths?
Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by 1peter29: 8:25pm On Jul 09, 2012
neosmyt: May God heal our land. Let us not just fold hands and watch, lets pray for Nigeria
God bless u! Its u dt undastud d content of d mttr. Its only prayer dt can bring an end 2 dis endles rprisal attacks!
Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by Drfox(m): 8:26pm On Jul 09, 2012
Naija! Where is d value of human life?
Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by tribalism(m): 8:27pm On Jul 09, 2012
cowards die many times before their death but a valiant never tested of death but once.
peace or piss?
Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by onatisi(m): 8:30pm On Jul 09, 2012
PHIPEX: Does it mean that even the soldiers that were deployed to this state are helplessly unaware of plans for these killings? Where is our almighty SSS? Can't they gather intelligence and prevent these huge bloodbaths?

cant u read the writing on the wall, they are under instructions not to interfere so as not to be seen taking sides , if they kill a fulani problem if they kill berom or what u call them problem , they are in the middle the best they ca n do is to try if possible to separate the two ppl. which i doubt is possible
Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by onatisi(m): 8:33pm On Jul 09, 2012
tribalism: cowards die many times before their death but a valiant never tested of death but once.
peace or piss?
why u no go fight and die then
Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by Tyche(m): 8:36pm On Jul 09, 2012
Is this really helping anybody?
Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by tribalism(m): 8:37pm On Jul 09, 2012
when beggers die, there are no comments seen but even the sky blazes the death of a rich man.
but?
Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jul 09, 2012
My suprise is that people are suprised at what is going on.

Some very few of us a sceaming ourselves to hoarseness that this will never stop unless Nigeria is restructured.

Those blaming Jonathan do not know Nigeria! Nigeria is experiment gone bad.

The Nothern Jihardists will continue their conquest:

Em Gowon, accept my sympathy o, but na "one" Najijiriya.

2 Likes

Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by TeemahFashion(f): 8:50pm On Jul 09, 2012
~Bluetooth:

This is the right time to conduct a census since the north is gradually decreasing everyday.
. That's a good idea indeed. But for your information, you will be the one to conduct the census in d north. Lols. God we need your intervention in this nation. This is crazy
Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by Mrchippychappy(m): 8:51pm On Jul 09, 2012
[size=15pt]THIS BEROM PEOPLE ARE REALLY DUMB !! I MEAN I KNEW THEY WERE STUP!D BUT I NEVER KNEW THEY WERE THIS STUP!D[/size]

1 Like

Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by 9javoice1(m): 9:00pm On Jul 09, 2012
Reprisal continues. berom should attack hausa/fulani's again and again.

it is clear the fulani's are not gona let go, therefore berom should not give them space.
Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by tribalism(m): 9:00pm On Jul 09, 2012
@dayokanu
it is too early to think you are safe. any one could be a victim. september 11 was not in nigeria. so it could happen anywhere. not a prayer though!
Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by Litmus: 9:01pm On Jul 09, 2012
During the time of coups and counter coups in Nigeria and during the final transition to civilian rule in Nigeria and several other African countries, Western Nations advised that countries like Nigeria should cut military forces. The facilitating argument ran that a reduced military would be more professional, there'd be less of the ill discipline, agitation and hubris that led soldiers to aspire beyond their remit. I hoped Nigeria would not heed these advice but we did and reduced our military. I believe that a Nation like Nigeria needs a large army, at least half a million strong and we need federal as well as state police.

Once upon a time, because our superstructure was weak, people enjoyed unprecedented freedom. For the most part, strong cultural influences informed our depositions, making us amicable, friendly well meaning people. For this reason, the Dangerous Freedom that we enjoyed caused no harm. However, once Nigeria's human resources developed to the stage were the Nation Nigeria needed to make the leap into a more mature polity, like other nations of its class, Brazil, China, India, and we failed to do so, then we headed for trouble.

Today Nigerians are too big for Nigeria. The state has to catch up and take control or we are all headed for calamity worst than anything in the past. Nigeria needs a Larger Army, State and Federal police, Taxes, better Border Management etc. Sadly, we have reached a point, in our development as a nation, whereby we need to pay for freedom.

1 Like

Re: Reprisal Attacks In Plateau Claim More Lives by Biggyd2: 9:01pm On Jul 09, 2012
[quote author=jmaine]I knew the Birom youths will lash out with immeasurable proportion as they deem fit . .The death of the Senator was definitely going to brew more brutality, cos it will interpreted as an insult to them( Biroms) . . . .while the ever ready Fulani will counter back in a much later date . . . . The vicious cycle of endless murder is now engraved in the psychic of the average Plateau inhabitants . . .

I thought the army said that he slumped in the stampede? Why are we not hearing of an autopsy report? What do they mean in the report below? This country fear me no be small

Nigerian military authorities have claimed that Senator Gyang Datong as well as the Majority Leader of the Plateau State Assembly, James Gyang Fulani, slumped and died yesterday – and not from gunshots as widely reported by international and local media, including the BBC and SaharaReporters.

Major General Henry Ayoola, commander of the STF, made the claim at a midnight briefing in Jos, capital of Plateau State. The briefing was held amid tight security at the task force’s headquarters.

General Ayoola also stated that Simon Mwapkon, a member of the House of Representatives who also reportedly slumped, has been discharged from hospital.

Mr. Ayoola said, “At about 2.00 p.m. during the burial of the deceased persons of Maseh Village, there was sporadic shooting from the range of the hills surrounding the area which led to a stampede, in the course of which three honorable legislators slumped and were rushed to the hospital. U[b]nfortunately, Senator Gyang Dantong (Plateau North Senatorial District) and Hon James Gyang Fulani of the Plateau State House of Assembly died, while Hon Simon Mwapkon of the Federal House of Representatives survived and has been discharged.[/b]”

At the time of this report, the Chief of Defense Staff, and Inspector General of Police are said to be on their way to Plateau State for on the spot assessment of the security situation in the state.

Several independent sources had told SaharaReporters that Senator Dantong and Mr. Fulani were gunned down yesterday by unidentified assailants as they attended a funeral for more than twenty victims of a carnage carried out a day before by a large contingent of armed attackers.

Contacted to react to General Ayoola’s statement, one security source said it was curious that Nigeria’s military authorities want to blame the two lawmakers’ deaths on slumping. He added, “If the two men slumped and died, then why did President Jonathan say in his statement that Senator Dantong was killed? And why did the president order the police to fish out the senator’s killers?” The source described the task force’s statement as “a puerile attempt to cover up their inability to protect the lives and property of our people,” adding that the task force has now been exposed as incapable of protecting even top politicians in the country. http://saharareporters.com/news-page/possible-cover-nigerian-military-claim-plateau-senator-state-lawmaker-slumped-and-died

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

'We Won't Accept You' - ZLP Tells Peter Obi, Others / Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Tinubu Made The Right Decision — Yakasai / PDP Didn’t Win Elections In S’east – Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.